• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type myself?

badger055

Permabanned
Okay. It's one of the types I've considered. Although, I'm leaning away from it because I'm not warm and a few other descriptions listed for the type. I can relate with some though. I suspect this might be because I'm borderline F/T. I appreciate the input.

Edit:
Okay... I went to an INFJ thread...... and I can say now with conviction... No. *shivers* I'm kind but not THAT kind. That's what my siggy reminds you of? Ugh.

Don't let the stereotypes influence you. Hitler was INFJ

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll go with INTJ for now. It's what makes sense to me the most. What I thought was Ne might have easily been Te being aided by another function. If it works with facts. Then yes. I was using facts strategically. I can relate with Ni more. Fi because I've always been picky when it comes to people. Se in the inferior slot would explain why I've never really felt fully there. Most of my life felt like I was in a dream. Hovering over reality. It's only recently that I've started appreciating the present moment. And I do not have much of the sentimentality of Si. So it's INTJ for now.

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't let the stereotypes influence you. Hitler was INFJ

Was he? Well, as they say... "The people with the greatest capacity for good are the ones with the greatest capacity for evil." Heh.

-There was one I disagreed with about INFJ. The system-building with people. I don't do that. I've never and do not intend to do that. I'm better with things vs people.

yeghor

Could you point out specifically what in my responses led you to this conclusion? And the specific cognitive functions I was using and provide a definition for them for comparison. I would like to understand more. :)

Dominant Ne : ability to see alternate realities/perspectives, how events may play out, shifting perspective to confuse opponent (also enables you to be a convincing liar if you abuse it), desire to know "what happens if I push this button?", you also seem to gain satisfaction from discovering these rules and alternate ideas...:)

Auxillary Ti : internal data analysis (You may be taking notes cause your analysis process is internal and you do not want to forget them...I do this much more frequently cause my Ti is much weaker...It's much harder for me to recall a good idea/thought if I do not write it down somewhere)

Tertiary Fe : your desire to connect with and (influence/charm/control) people and the society as a whole to propel yourself towards your goals...As it gets stronger, you will be able to use it with much more efficiency in tandem with your Ne...it will basically mean "How people react when I do X, Y, Z...etc"...Don't abuse it...:( )

Inferior Se : Ability to go with the flow of external environment, using overt body language, ability to manipulate immediate (physical) environment...In the inferior position: Being irritated with/allergic to arrogant use of body language, extreme sensory data like loud noise, bright light, clumsy etc...

You Si (which I associate with ability to recall sensory data) is the weakest (8th) function in your stack (in case of ENTPs) that's why your friends may be telling you things about you that you do not recall yourself...It may also get inflamed when you are under stress...playing back traumatic events from your past (that made you feel weak/vulnerable)...

Sorry it appears I was wrong...Si is the inferior function for ENTPs...

Inferior Si : ability to recall sensory data? in the inferior position...being irritated with circumstances that require memorizing or having to recall past sensory data like what happened when, where you left something? I do not know exactly to be honest...Does ENTP's have (traumatic?) memories that they do not want to recall...Is that why they are allergic to Si?

What I wrote about Se and inferior Se may be correct though...it just is not one of ENTP main functions...

Check the belowgiven site...it shows some typings for each type (not very accurate IMO) as well as the graph of each types cognitive functions...

http://www.celebritytypes.com/intj.php (INTJs have this tense, mimicless (paralyzed?), angry like look on their faces...and stern facial features...check Ayn Rand and Jodie Foster for instance...Addendum: Nikola Tesla listed as INTJ therein is actually an ENTP I guess...)

http://www.celebritytypes.com/entp.php (ENTPs have more playful demeanor that also reflects on their faces thru Fe I believe...they are more like naughty children in demeanor...Check Hugh Laurie and Jeremy Clarkson for instance)

I sense/feel a more playful persona in you than an INTP or INTJ...

badger055 said:
Don't let the stereotypes influence you. Hitler was INFJ...

I sometimes can see how I have the potential to turn into an authoritarian person and dictate/impose my own version of ideal society on people but I (and other INFJs I believe) do not have that much presence as well as desire/drive to be at the centre of attention and at the driver's seat for as long as Hitler did...INFJs are much more passive/subtle in their influence...I do not want to control/manipulate people to adapt my ideals, I want them to adapt my ideals because "they" themselves desire to to do so on their own...because the former is insustainable in my absence and the latter is independent of me...will sustain itself even when I am long gone...

I believe Hitler may infact be an unhealthy/troubled ENFJ...who thought he was doing what's best for his (ideal of) German people...not that I condone his actions...

Last edited:

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dominant Ne : ability to see alternate realities/perspectives, how events may play out, shifting perspective to confuse opponent (also enables you to be a convincing liar if you abuse it),

Isn't this common with most NT's?

desire to know "what happens if I push this button?", you also seem to gain satisfaction from discovering these rules and alternate ideas...:)

I don't really push buttons. The way I acquire my knowledge, if the information isn't in the written form, is through observing what is around me. If this means I experiment with the responses of people... then I don't do this. People are tiring enough as it is. Is the satisfaction related or exclusive to Ne?

Auxillary Ti : internal data analysis (You may be taking notes cause your analysis process is internal and you do not want to forget them...I do this much more frequently cause my Ti is much weaker...It's much harder for me to recall a good idea/thought if I do not write it down somewhere)

I see. That's one reason I write things down. But its not the main reason... I write things down so they are more organized. So that they make sense. And when I look at what I've written... I will try to understand it. Then when I do... that's it. I rarely go back to my notes since I already have internalized the basic idea.

Tertiary Fe : your desire to connect with and (influence/charm/control) people and the society as a whole to propel yourself towards your goals...As it gets stronger, you will be able to use it with much more efficiency in tandem with your Ne...it will basically mean "How people react when I do X, Y, Z...etc"...Don't abuse it...:( )

I would not say I desire to control them. The opportunity, in the examples I have given, just presented itself. It's more like I need to do A to get to B.

Inferior Se : Ability to go with the flow of external environment, using overt body language, ability to manipulate immediate (physical) environment...In the inferior position: Being irritated with/allergic to arrogant use of body language, extreme sensory data like loud noise, bright light, clumsy etc...

You Si (which I associate with ability to recall sensory data) is the weakest (8th) function in your stack (in case of ENTPs) that's why your friends may be telling you things about you that you do not recall yourself...It may also get inflamed when you are under stress...playing back traumatic events from your past (that made you feel weak/vulnerable)...

Sorry it appears I was wrong...Si is the inferior function for ENTPs...

Inferior Si : ability to recall sensory data? in the inferior position...being irritated with circumstances that require memorizing or having to recall past sensory data like what happened when, where you left something? I do not know exactly to be honest...Does ENTP's have (traumatic?) memories that they do not want to recall...Is that why they are allergic to Si?

What I wrote about Se and inferior Se may be correct though...it just is not one of ENTP main functions...

Okay. I've read a few things about Si. It seems, people who have it in the inferior position, are usually forgetful. This is when it isn't developed.

Si: "Reviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data."
Hence, they forget... because it's in the inferior position. From the example I have provided... then I understand how you might assume I use this. However, the example I've given was about something that occurred almost 8 years ago. And the thing was... I knew I said it... when she brought it up. A mental image came up briefly... and I didn't correct her cause I felt she was telling the truth. And I felt I did say it. My memory is not bad... if that's what this means.

Check the belowgiven site...it shows some typings for each type (not very accurate IMO) as well as the graph of each types cognitive functions...

http://www.celebritytypes.com/intj.php (INTJs have this tense, mimicless (paralyzed?), angry like look on their faces...and stern facial features...check Ayn Rand and Jodie Foster for instance...Addendum: Nikola Tesla listed as INTJ therein is actually an ENTP I guess...)

http://www.celebritytypes.com/entp.php (ENTPs have more playful demeanor that also reflects on their faces thru Fe I believe...they are more like naughty children in demeanor...Check Hugh Laurie and Jeremy Clarkson for instance)

Okay... with this one. I did pose with little emotion in pictures before. But I've read some articles online in my attempt at self-improvement that led to some changes. People who smile are seen as more open. So I smile more these days.

I sense/feel a more playful persona in you than an INTP or INTJ...

I believe it's because I enjoy a good sense of humor. Don't we all?
However, I will try to explain it. The ENTP humor for me is... different from the one I use. While they enjoy coming up with seemingly absurd, ridiculous, out of this world ideas... I enjoy wit. I like a good witty banter. My humor isn't too peculiar or different. I employ references to popular culture... catchphrases, etc. which is Te.

yeghor

Isn't this common with most NT's?

I "think" it is mostly a Ne-dom ability...

I don't really push buttons. The way I acquire my knowledge, if the information isn't in the written form, is through observing what is around me. If this means I experiment with the responses of people... then I don't do this. People are tiring enough as it is. Is the satisfaction related or exclusive to Ne?

If you are obseving human interactions and drawing conclusions from them such as people react to X in the form of Y and noticing patterns...It may be Ne...Based on my assumption you are still developing your Fe-tert...

The satisfaction may rather be related to "Ti" perhaps...

I see. That's one reason I write things down. But its not the main reason... I write things down so they are more organized. So that they make sense. And when I look at what I've written... I will try to understand it. Then when I do... that's it. I rarely go back to my notes since I already have internalized the basic idea.

By writing things down do you mean you take simplified notes of ideas that are revolving in your head? Or you develop detailed charts and schedules...Is what you write down more symbolic (the essence of it) or more detailed?

I am puzzled I must say...

Do you sweat over GPA and future occupation? Did you plan 5-10 years ahead? Are you ambitious for success or are you obsessed with knowledge for the sake of knowledge? I mean is gaining knowledge an aim or a tool for you?

What kind of things stress you? How do you act under stress?

What do you do in your free time mainly?

What kinds of tv show characters/actresses do you identify yourself with?

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you are obseving human interactions and drawing conclusions from them such as people react to X in the form of Y and noticing patterns...It may be Ne...Based on my assumption you are still developing your Fe-tert...

The satisfaction may rather be related to "Ti" perhaps...

I don't draw conclusions from my observation. I validate my suspicions through it. Since I don't have any idea about it... I will come up with a guess. And then I will observe the environment. For example, the first time I met my supervisor... I got a vibe from her like something is askew. After that, I will just wait and collect data to see if that vibe had any basis.

By writing things down do you mean you take simplified notes of ideas that are revolving in your head? Or you develop detailed charts and schedules...Is what you write down more symbolic (the essence of it) or more detailed?

Yeah. I summarize the main points. Detailed charts not so much because it would be a waste of time... and the information doesn't need to be charted usually. I schedule, yeah. For example, if I needed to learn something. I would give myself 2 days. And within that 2 days, I would take into account the limitations of the human brain. So I put in timed breaks... 15-30 minutes every after 2 hours. I write down what I think is the most important. The "gist" of it.

I am puzzled I must say...

Do you sweat over GPA and future occupation? Did you plan 5-10 years ahead? Are you ambitious for success or are you obsessed with knowledge for the sake of knowledge? I mean is gaining knowledge an aim or a tool for you?

i have already planned most things i want to do in the future. i've already even imagined how i want my old age to be like. i want to still be mobile when i'm old. so i lead a healthy lifestyle. i have my own idea of what success means. Hm. Personally, I think, random collection of knowledge... doesn't make sense. That knowledge should be applied. It should not go to waste.

What kind of things stress you? How do you act under stress?
-i act aimless. :unsure:

What do you do in your free time mainly?
- i read a lot. i wish i could read more and imagine more. i like learning how things work in my immediate environment as well. i have a thing for technology :D

What kinds of tv show characters/actresses do you identify yourself with?
-The major in Ghost in the Shell

yeghor

I don't draw conclusions from my observation. I validate my suspicions through it. Since I don't have any idea about it... I will come up with a guess. And then I will observe the environment. For example, the first time I met my supervisor... I got a vibe from her like something is askew. After that, I will just wait and collect data to see if that vibe had any basis.

There goes nothing...Here's another wild guess...mostly based on your Major Kusunagi association...You may be an ISTP...They have auxillary Se (reading information from physical environment...and acting out in the physical environment)

You may be reading other people's body languages (auras?)...They also have tertiary Ni...Perhaps you intuition is also helping you notice and associate certain Se readings with certain human behaviour...They have dominant Ti...which means you are gathering more data on your suspicions...to see if they fit...

Yeah. I summarize the main points. Detailed charts not so much because it would be a waste of time... and the information doesn't need to be charted usually. I schedule, yeah. For example, if I needed to learn something. I would give myself 2 days. And within that 2 days, I would take into account the limitations of the human brain. So I put in timed breaks... 15-30 minutes every after 2 hours. I write down what I think is the most important. The "gist" of it.

The gist of it thing is Ti I guess...Think Te like you are vomiting out your thoughts into externally structured forms...Ni helps to crunch data to more edible forms (gist)...Then you are consuming those Ni crunched data thru Ti? (integrating it to your main Ti framework)...

Ni-dom framework is more fuzzy...can jump from A to F (without knowing how and then tries to backtrack it either thru Ti internal analysis or Te external output)...whereas Ti-dom framework is more concrete/linear...goes more like A-B-C-D-E-F...

i have already planned most things i want to do in the future. i've already even imagined how i want my old age to be like. i want to still be mobile when i'm old. so i lead a healthy lifestyle. i have my own idea of what success means. Hm. Personally, I think, random collection of knowledge... doesn't make sense. That knowledge should be applied. It should not go to waste.

ISTPs like action, tools, mechanics, sports...they have nimble but robust low fat bodies...they are good at engineering...clint eastwood is the epitome of ISTPs...check his facial features to see if they fit...they have this angry emotionless look...(inferior Fe?)

i like learning how things work in my immediate environment as well. i have a thing for technology :D

Hardware or software (ISTP or INTJ?)..?

The things you told about seeing ways to manipulate people may be (in the case of ISTP) physical manipulation thru Se rather than trial error manipulation thru Ne...by using body language perhaps...

ISTPs inferior Fe may mean you may be acting offensively (thru lack of mimics or warmth) against other even when you do not aim to...

ISTP females are tomboys I guess? Are you? :)

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There goes nothing...Here's another wild guess...mostly based on your Major Kusunagi association...You may be an ISTP...They have auxillary Se (reading information from physical environment...and acting out in the physical environment)

You may be reading other people's body languages (auras?)...They also have tertiary Ni...Perhaps you intuition is also helping you notice and associate certain Se readings with certain human behaviour...They have dominant Ti...which means you are gathering more data on your suspicions...to see if they fit...

It was something she said that made me feel weird. Then a thought came up... like there's something more to this woman she doesn't outwardly let people see. I don't know if they are aura's. For example, I have two co-workers who haven't interacted with me all that much yet. But one of them... I like because he feels warm. And the other is a woman who feels light. It's like I'm watching them from the periphery... and I know what kinds of lives they lead. Another example of this, when it comes to action, is I would meet a person... and I would have gut feelings. Sometimes I know when a person is going to do something or not. But I don't usually stop it. I just wait until they do it. And a couple of times they do as I predicted. I mostly just wait and watch.

Another example, when I was a child... I wondered how automobiles work. You pour in liquid. What does that liquid do? I didn't know then. But sometime after that... as I was doing something completely irrelevant to that thought. A mental image came up of an engine and the word gasoline. Then I knew... the engine converts that liquid to gas that provides the energy to operate a vehicle. Those are the kinds of gut feelings I have.

The gist of it thing is Ti I guess...Think Te like you are vomiting out your thoughts into externally structured forms...Ni helps to crunch data to more edible forms (gist)...Then you are consuming those Ni crunched data thru Ti? (integrating it to your main Ti framework)...

Ni-dom framework is more fuzzy...can jump from A to F (without knowing how and then tries to backtrack it either thru Ti internal analysis or Te external output)...whereas Ti-dom framework is more concrete/linear...goes more like A-B-C-D-E-F...

The summary I make are of the most essential parts. Because it's usually a wall of text. (Sometimes the author of the book says the same thing, but in a different phrasing.) And then, if I feel like it's missing something, I would either go to the internet and add more data to it, or add data that I already know. The stuff that I'm learning doesn't need to be graphed or charted because there isn't much memorization required for it. You just have to understand it(I already do since I've already read it before in a different book). When it comes to some information, like when I needed to learn about blood typing. Now that I would have to put in boxes with labels and drawings.

ISTPs like action, tools, mechanics, sports...they have nimble but robust low fat bodies...they are good at engineering...clint eastwood is the epitome of ISTPs...check his facial features to see if they fit...they have this angry emotionless look...(inferior Fe?)

I'm not really very action-oriented. I act after I've envisioned my plan and when I'm almost certain it would work. Although, I enjoy riding a bike and walking outside. When it comes to emotions... I don't show a lot of it on my face. There was one time when a person wanted to make me angry... but he couldn't. He said I looked like a philosopher instead... mulling things over.

Hardware or software (ISTP or INTJ?)..?

Both.

The things you told about seeing ways to manipulate people may be (in the case of ISTP) physical manipulation thru Se rather than trial error manipulation thru Ne...by using body language perhaps...

ISTPs inferior Fe may mean you may be acting offensively (thru lack of mimics or warmth) against other even when you do not aim to...

ISTP females are tomboys I guess? Are you? :)

I'm not that boyish. However, I'm not girly either. I'm in between (similar to motoko, I still am feminine only more androgynous). I'm minimalistic when it comes to clothing. I use what is necessary and what I anticipate would be necessary.

- - - -

I've decided I'm INTJ. I just needed to confirm it. And, at this point, I already have... thanks for the help though. The information you've provided has helped me figure things out. Although it was indirectly. Eheh. I'll not respond to this thread anymore. Cause there is no further need. I appreciate everyone's help!