• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alright, people, enneatype me.

What is Amar's enneagram type?

• 4w3

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 4w5

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 4dw (double-wing)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (elaborate in thread)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently people are still contesting my 4-ness and in particular my 4w5-ness.

So, feel free to vote and elaborate in the thread on why I may or may not be 4w5. Could be interesting and potentially thought-provoking.

For those who wanna go even further, I tritype 497 (4w5-9w1-7w6) sx-so.

R

Riva

Sx/so fits perfectly. Etype i am not confident typing people.

Surely you are not a w3. E3 and w3s are easily noticeable when conversing with. And in my many conversations with you i haven't noticed an ounce of it :p.

Also you are surely extroberted more so than most in vent and more so than me and has a carefree, experience life to the max life philosophy which people readily attribute with e7s. However what most people should realize is that you are a enfp and an enfp even if is a e1 (which is highly unlikely) will have a stronger e7 vibe than that of t typed e7 ;).

Anyway regarding e4ness you have that vibe when talking about you. However i am unable to decide whether its a fi thing or a e4 thing. In my defense the other e4s who are there for comparison are infxs and due to their introversion it's not an easy thing to notice. (Ironically it's easier to notice it in you/the person we are trying to figure out an in 5w4s.)

Edit - even e6 enfps seem carefree more so than they ever should. The only exception i see is [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] who has that e6 cautiousness thing going on and [MENTION=18559]SophiaDeep[/MENTION] who has a shy vibe (age must be a factor in her/you.)

R

Riva

7 with a counter-phobic 6 wing?

Amar counterphobic? Lolz...

The way she tackles confrontations, arguments is so anti-cp and anti-p it is joke to assume she is has a cp wing. However she does have a 'i am unsure of my competencies' vibe which has e6 w6 vibe to it.

Sadly vent convos cannot be shared here. If so my point about her being anti-cp could have been easily proven and i could have shown you how a real cp6 would have reacted.

R

Riva

I dunno lol.

Also, quiet, ESFP.

And now i'm an esfp.

Estp makes more sense. Why don't people throw estp at me. I've been a member here for 5 years and has over 5000 posts but no estp ever. Well atleast to my face or with points to back it up.

Actually forget to my face and points to back it up. I just have never gotten it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno, lol. The phobic/counter phobic thing is a spectrum anyways, it's not black and white.

Also, quiet, ESFP.

Hey hey! There will be no silencing of people in my thread, projection boy :alttongue:

I want to get all the raw data I can amass, so no denying me gold nuggets :happy2:

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Hey hey! There will be no silencing of people in my thread, projection boy :alttongue:

I want to get all the raw data I can amass, so no denying me gold nuggets

I wasn't actually trying to "silence" him, but I'm sure you know that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

Get your ass in here and make your case on this beautiful platform I created for you!
You started this mess after all :p

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is a dick and never comes when you mention him (not until you kick him around a few times anyway :alttongue:). Silly social-last boy.

Yeah, I don't think Amar is a cp6. :thinking: You're not as confrontational, and when you do call out people on their bullshit you're much more graceful about it - trying to pass on wisdom while using some charm to keep things a little more upbeat (one of the reasons I really admire you honestly). A cp6 would probably be much more defensive, belligerent, and aggressive during confrontation.

sx/so for sure. sx/so coolside I guess, 479 too.

I don't know you well enough to say anything about a subject that requires critical thought and soul searching, but I voted 4w3 because that's just what I think just because you seem much more engaged with your environment than a 4w5 would be. But like you said, it's probably a different case IRL. :shrug: I just think the whole image type issue of wanting to be appreciated is a little more externally visible in you which could be due to the 3 wing, while a 5 winger might be more removed and secretive.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is a dick and never comes when you mention him (not until you kick him around a few times anyway :alttongue:). Silly social-last boy.

what can I say. you are what you eat :cool:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find the whole wing deal kinda arbitrary, but e4 seems accurate.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Threes have their own way of being secretive, and as such, I think that either of four's wings will produce a more reserved four when the preference is strong. The distinguishing between is in exactly how the reserve is maintained. A subtle three wing will be more out there than a five wing.

S

Stansmith

4w3s seem more image-y in the literal sense, although I guess that goes without saying. Both Morrissey and Lana del Rey seem to be fascinated by the 'glamour' of 50s/60s cult figures for example (many of these figures being 3s, or presenting a 3-ish image), a fixation I don't see many of the INF? 4w5s on here having...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What would a 4 double wing look like compared to 4w3 and 4w5 according to the good folks of TypeC?

I found some descriptions on personality cafe that I'd never seen before and were actually really interesting, so I figure I'll add it in here. It put 4w3 in a very different light than I usually come across, to such an extent that I relate to both equally. Leaning towards my double wing again.

Enneatype 4 and wings.
inspired originality
self-aware intuition
subtle humanity

symbolic drama
withdrawn melancholy
self-indulgent disdain

desolate confusion
guilt-ridden torment
suicidal despair

Type four people care more than most about the emotional significance of events. They can become trapped by a sense of the meaninglessness of their own life, and of the world. One of their talents is an intuitive connection to the source of beauty.

Except in rare cases, people of type four show a flavoring from one of the two adjacent wing points, so we can say they are four with a three wing (4/3) or four with a five wing (4/5).

Like all humans, fours also come in three instinctual flavors: social (4sc), sexual (4sx), or self-preserving (4sp). In addition, fours also experience nine distinct levels of mental-emotional health (briefly described by the phrases at the top of this page). Therefore, it is possible to distinguish fifty-four distinct subflavors of type four.

four with three wing

general description

Average 4/3 is emotionally spicy. Because of the conflict between the three-wing's desire to be in the spotlight and the four's self-conscious fear of exposure, they may alternate between extremes of extroversion and introversion. Unlike the cooler 3/4s, 4/3s may find it difficult (if not impossible) to stay calm when emotions come up. They are more likely to talk about their overwhelming feelings than the much more rational, analytical, withdrawn 4/5s.

balanced and transcendent states

Balanced 4/3 finds the peace of equanimity. When four integrates to one and three integrates to six, deep compassionate wisdom is augmented by a feeling of brotherhood and belonging. Finally, the 4/3 reaches a point where comfort is possible without being tormented by a desire that others recognize that special uniqueness. Others who are feeling emotional difficulty can find sensitive, unselfish understanding in a balanced 4/3.

When 4/3 becomes deeply self-aware, there is a feeling of tremendous emotional integrity. Others feel that they are genuinely being heard, but not judged in any way. Somehow the advanced 4/3 manages to be both an equal and a teacher, both a sympathetic listener and a disciplined advisor. Real transformations happen in the lives of those who tell their stories to such people. People become powerfully motivated to find the real meaning in their lives.

unbalanced and unhealthy states

Unbalanced 4/3 swings through wild emotional cycles. As fourish emotionality gets more out of control, bringing in the selfish expectations of special treatment of the unhealthy two, the three-wing's nineish tendencies cause a kind of split within the psyche. The more intensely the dramatized pseudo-emotions are felt, the less in touch the 4/3 becomes with the real, honest feelings that lie underneath. The dramatic emotions become more and more staged and false.

In the unhealthy extreme, there is little actual contact with real feelings, despite the possibly awe-inspiring intensity of the outward expression. All the theatrical emotionality is a fearful cover for an inner emptiness that will not go away. Extremely unbalanced 4/3 has become so attached to the outward expression of the false emotions that the real feelings are overwhelmed and drowned out. The conviction of being hopelessly flawed may lead to desperate attempts to end it all with suicide, almost always in some dramatic, attention-grabbing way. I'm a hopeless romantic, unable to live a normal life. I might as well end it all right now, because no one will ever understand my torment. At least then, others might see the depth of my pain.

physical appearance

4/3 is the type most interested in a really artful, tastefully unique presentation. They often like to combine black and bright colors. 4/3s are usually thin to medium in build, although there are some exceptions. The females often wear their hair in some way that gives it a lot of body, such as shoulder-length (or longer) curls. Both sexes like to dress up. Some of the most outrageous costumes ever seen in ordinary public places are on 4/3s (the rest are on sevens).

callings

Some 4/3s find work that brings out their interest in aesthetics and artistic expression. Novelists, musicians, painters, poets, actors, dancers. Graphic designers, fashion consultants, interior designers, restaurant managers. Others express themselves more privately, outside of work, becoming secretaries, middle-managers, retail salespeople. There are 4/3 career advisors, guidance counsellors and psychologists. Of course, 4/3s can also be found doing many other kinds of work.

four with five wing

general description

Average 4/5 is emotionally heavy. Powerful, passionate feelings and aesthetic appreciations swell within and then get bottled up inside. 4/5s generally avoid expressing their feelings because they feel that no one could possibly understand them. Like 4/3, they feel special and different, but 4/5 is more likely to withdraw into sullen silence than to make a big public scene. 4/5 and 5/4 both have strong feelings which they repress, but because their feelings are stronger than their repression, 4/5s are more aware than 5/4 of their inner emotional state. Consequently, they are more likely to become depressed. There is a kind of delicacy to 4/5 that is not usually present in 4/3.

balanced and transcendent states

Balanced 4/5 lightens up. The five-wing's integration to eight adds a kind of solidity and strength to the healthy 4/5, while the integration of four to one provides clear judgment and rationality. Healthy 4/5s begin to escape from the obsessive, dark, inner view, looking more outward into the world. There they find new connections with other people, possibly to their great surprise. They finally begin to discover that they have been loving people all along, although they may not have known it.

With spiritual growth, the realization that love has been present all along strengthens into an unquenchable thirst for deeper inner connections with an inner source of meaning. These connections are strengthened by loving compassion for other humans. Extremely advanced 4/5 is a gentle, strong, deeply passionate teacher. Keen observations of the subtle states of others provide a miraculous ability to elicit powerful, transforming feelings. They may teach in person, through their writings, or in more subtle ways such as various forms of artistic expression.

unbalanced and unhealthy states

Unbalanced 4/5 can move into the extreme withdrawal of depression, then, with still further disintegration, into a sort of dark impulsiveness. Deeply troubled by feelings of utter worthlessness and extreme isolation, unhealthy 4/5 may look for opportunities to perform degrading, menial tasks, rationalizing that such a fate is deserved. Servility and self-abasement provide a kind of barely-adequate, very temporary relief from the constant torment of self-hatred.

As life becomes less and less tolerable, suicide becomes increasingly likely, and if it happens it may be done in some unusually gruesome way. Extremely dark, horrifying inner imaginings are welcomed and encouraged. The whole world, both inner and outer, is seen as grotesquely diseased and utterly without redeeming qualities. 4/5 Hell is a place of unimaginable ugliness, populated by those deformed, psychotic monsters, the human race. Psychotic 4/5 revels in hopelessness and despair.

physical appearance

Some 4/5s place little attention on appearance, beyond a kind of casual style. Black clothing is common, loosely worn and maybe not very well-fitted. By contrast, there are other 4/5s who are careful to dress well whenever possible. Well-dressed 4/5s seem to have a way of looking elegant but understated. Whether or not they dress and groom themselves carefully, average to unbalanced 4/5s often feel they are unattractive in some way.

callings

Some 4/5s find work that lets them express their deep feelings while withdrawing from direct contact. Writers, painters, sculptors, philosophers, fabric designers. Others like to make deep contact with a few, carefully selected people. Psychologists, butlers, personal aides. They might overcome the desire to withdraw, coming out as popular musicians or character actors. Often they settle for relatively unglamorous work, living a rich fantasy life instead. There are 4/5 accountants, technical writers, and night clerks. Of course, 4/5s can also be found doing many other kinds of work.

Starry

Counterphobic 6w7s enjoy feeling sexually desired & powerful. <-this is a theme I see over and over in your posts. Just like the female you had quoted in your old sig (6w7cp poster child). Just food for thought.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i used to think you were a 9w1 sx/sp infp. i think 7w6 might make sense too. i don't get the overwhelming goofiness and lightness of 7w6 Ne dom imagination as much as i do from some others.

from what i've seen, you have a positivity about you, with a bit of a pretty intense critical streak underneath it. i don't get a 4 aesthetic.

Starry

i used to think you were a 9w1 sx/sp infp. i think 7w6 might make sense too. i don't get the overwhelming goofiness and lightness of 7w6 Ne dom imagination as much as i do from some others.

from what i've seen, you have a positivity about you, with a bit of a pretty intense critical streak underneath it. i don't get a 4 aesthetic.

This was not how you explained it to me when you said I was 7w6 haha!

I know an actual xNFP e4dw. I wouldn't think something like this was possible but he is living proof.
He's the lead of a rock band. Works at a pizza place...even though he doesn't need to. <-Nothing wrong with that its just something I don't know the reason for. I've known him since grade school...and still to this day women are falling all over him... but has he ever had a relationship? Okay, here's another thing that I don't understand...he appears to be completely addicted to the agony of a broken heart. (I will add that he claims to want a romance...but I think he wants what comes later after the break-up. <-Here's where he comes alive it seems with creativity) So there you have it. Probably one of the most charming, self-effacing people I've ever known.