• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Some people are saying I'm INFP some are saying ISFP some are saying ENFP

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think this is more of a derailment from the topic.

I don't personally see the harm in trying to figure out one's type. I don't see it limiting, as other's do. To me, it's just one factor of who we are. It helps us to figure out what lenses we are using to assess the world.

So could be religion

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Being constructive with purple chickenz is a waste of time. She does it for the show not for construction.

You're wrong, I do not do it for show. I actually am curious.

it's great that you come into my thread shit all over it, accuse me of things, and not say anything worth anything.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Think back on how you were growing up and in your late teens and early twenties, as well as how you are now. Were you ever considered too sensitive? Were you ever considered cold? Did you have difficulty empathizing? etc. Do you feel like you easily understand your emotions or is it a foreign world to you?

Also, maybe this is helpful: http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=2282
I tended to be detatched from my emotion and I didn't make decisions based on how I was going to feel and I'd get annoyed when someone said did one thing and then did something else. and when people say something and I'm like that doesn't make sense. not saying i always make sense, not the point. at the same time I did care how others felt I wasn't a cold sociopath. I just didn't always pick up or take into consideration when I was younger how others would feel. Not that I didn't care just didn't think about it. I was considered a bitch, because I tended to be direct and not good at putting things nicely.

let me put it this way 14 and under i had an interal value system. 14 and above i didn't.

G

Ginkgo

I do not believe prpl is an extravert. Her thoughts come from a more aloof place than even an Ne dom would typically inhabit.

I think she is "so" last in her instinctual stacking.

I don't know whether she is ISFP or INFP because the nature of her intuition is effected by other aspects of her psychological makeup. To me, depending on the moment in time, it's sort of a crapshoot.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And some are saying I look like Kevin Bacon. Others say i look like Joel McHale. Doesn't mean they're right. What matters is what you believe.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Such sagely. Very wisdom. Much honor. Wow.

77253-nicolas-cage-shiba-inu-shibby-LHad.jpeg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not believe prpl is an extravert. Her thoughts come from a more aloof place than even an Ne dom would typically inhabit.

I don't know whether she is ISFP or INFP because the nature of her intuition is effected by other aspects of her psychological makeup. To me, depending on the moment in time, it's sort of a crapshoot.

What leads you to believe F in the first place? And I don't want to hear about your vibes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tended to be detatched from my emotion and I didn't make decisions based on how I was going to feel and I'd get annoyed when someone said did one thing and then did something else. and when people say something and I'm like that doesn't make sense. not saying i always make sense, not the point. at the same time I did care how others felt I wasn't a cold sociopath. I just didn't always pick up or take into consideration when I was younger how others would feel. Not that I didn't care just didn't think about it. I was considered a bitch, because I tended to be direct and not good at putting things nicely.

let me put it this way 14 and under i had an interal value system. 14 and above i didn't.

That last part sounds exactly like me, except it probably happened around 13.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know anymore, when I first took tests it typed me INTP but when i joined people were going no you're an INFP and I was like oh ok. because I didn't know better, but if you know me well, I do have logic it doesn't look like logic but everyone i have an indepth conversation with says that if you apply what I'm saying to the way I view the world, it's actually very logical. And really don't think I'm Fe either

So you're a Thnker, and probably INTP. Let it be so. Why did you let other people talk you out of it? They don't know you. Your latest posts and video have been much more revealing than your past stuff.

The only question I had was whether it was S or N, because Se is a playful and also somewhat earthy function. Ne is playful but lives more in the "clouds" than on the earth.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I sometimes wonder if my thoughts are the same as others, but because of the external structure the world imposes on us, makes them afraid to voice those thoughts.

I agree that SO is last.

Sunny Ghost

I would probably lean towards INTP then. But that's my opinion. Do the research, read about the types and functions, examine yourself. You'll figure it out.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I would probably lean towards INTP then. But that's my opinion. Do the research, read about the types and functions, examine yourself. You'll figure it out.

I related to the INTP description when I got introduced to MBTI but the thing is, I was insecure and a female and was doing lots of drugs that people said I was INFP and probably beginning to go crazy. So I need to re read stuff on INTP because it's been 10 years. And I think now that I'm sober my actually personality is coming back so pretty much the whole time i've been here i've been fucked up.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're wrong, I do not do it for show. I actually am curious.

it's great that you come into my thread shit all over it, accuse me of things, and not say anything worth anything.

Just buckling for attention. :)
And besides, if I dont say anything that means, nothing needs to change.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Just buckling for attention. :)

I'm not, I responded to you because you said a shitty thing that's not true. not because I expect people to back me up, because they never do. No one is going to say shit to me about this.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello Ms. Prplz,

We've known each other in vent for a couple/few years now and there is one thing that I've picked up consistently from your vent behavior. You are in the now. The vast majority of your conversations/comments have to do with what you are doing/about to do or trying to avoid doing and sometimes what you are contemplating doing (in the very near future). By doing, I mean physically engaging the world. Some examples; I just ate X food, I'm hungry, what should I eat, I have to go out, my roomies are "meanies" I want to do X to them, it's almost always do do do. I just cooked X food and I did it with these ingredients (when prompted you explain the process of how you cooked it), etc.

I haven't seen you be sentimental/nostalgic about something from the past nor mention any stories, "this one time when i was a kid/teenager" etc. What's done is done.

I think as far as the Ne/Si vs. Ni/Se axis goes you are very much Ni/Se from my perspective. The Fi/Te vs. Fe/Ti axis... hmmm. I have yet to see Fe, like at all, from you.

*puts down $20 on ISFP*

In the end, only Ms. Prplz knows what type she is.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hello Ms. Prplz,

We've known each other in vent for a couple/few years now and there is one thing that I've picked up consistently from your vent behavior. You are in the now. The vast majority of your conversations/comments have to do with what you are doing/about to do or trying to avoid doing and sometimes what you are contemplating doing (in the very near future). By doing, I mean physically engaging the world. Some examples; I just ate X food, I'm hungry, what should I eat, I have to go out, my roomies are "meanies" I want to do X to them, it's almost always do do do. I just cooked X food and I did it with these ingredients (when prompted you explain the process of how you cooked it), etc.

I haven't seen you be sentimental/nostalgic about something from the past nor mention any stories, "this one time when i was a kid/teenager" etc. What's done is done.

I think as far as the Ne/Si vs. Ni/Se axis goes you are very much Ni/Se from my perspective. The Fi/Te vs. Fe/Ti axis... hmmm. I have yet to see Fe, like at all, from you.

*puts down $20 on ISFP*

In the end, only Ms. Prplz knows what type she is.

I didn't question my type til recently I was like o ok, I'm infp tucked my tail between my legs and went on with my life. but recently people have been coming up to me and saying you're actually this type. and I don't know how much of it's a projection and how much of it has validity. I'm not confident in myself to know 100% of anything about me.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didn't question my type til recently I was like o ok, I'm infp tucked my tail between my legs and went on with my life. but recently people have been coming up to me and saying you're actually this type. and I don't know how much of it's a projection and how much of it has validity. I'm not confident in myself to know 100% of anything about me.

Part of my personal issue with MBTI and others perceptions of myself is that "we", myself included sometimes, tend to act confirmation biased. I personally am not invested into which type you are/are not and have observed/been exposed to you in vent for some time now and decided to share my observations with you.

"Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man as he really is." ~ William James

When I was in high school, back in Nam, I took an MBTI test in English class as part of a "what careers you should persue" thing. I got INTJ, *eyeroll*. I chalk that up to "what I wanted to be" and not what I was. Whatever the reason I was only 16-17? and who really knows themselves very well at that age? Besides we grow.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...it's like I'm half here half not and if I'm thinking or doing something a door will open and I will jump look at it and totally forget what I'm thinking about.

This seems very Ni?

G

Ginkgo

What leads you to believe F in the first place? And I don't want to hear about your vibes.

Fi, in particular, because she typically defends the way she does things (Fi-Te axis), rather than the way she understands things (Ti-Fe axis). Wants her desires, as an individual, to be recognized, more than her perspectives to be clearly articulated. My earliest recollection I have of her posting style is of her venting about people who were advising her not to smoke. Her approach basically screamed "This is me; accept it!" - even though I disagreed with her logic at the time, that intense desire for personal authenticity definitely resonated with me, me being the Fi dom than I am.
Surely, you realize that Jung believed "vibes" (intuition) to be a valid means of gathering information...