• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Some people are saying I'm INFP some are saying ISFP some are saying ENFP

Sunny Ghost

Ok my thing is I tend to be in my head and make what seems like huge leaps but at the same time I'm hyper aware of everything it's like I'm half here half not and if I'm thinking or doing something a door will open and I will jump look at it and totally forget what I'm thinking about.
That was all one sentence...

But I'll be in class and I'll be paying attention and the next thing I'm thinking about parasites and their hosts (but in my defense we were talking about the PC being the host) or I'll look at something and I'll start thinking about mario brothers and the one up mushrooms (again not what's going on) but at the same time I do notice things in my enviroment. I just go off somewhere else. Oh and sometimes someone will say something and I'll say something and they'll get mad and accuse me of something that wasn't even my intention. literally every little noise distracts me, I have never been able to block at external stimuli

so yes I know I'm adressing Ne vs Se and I don't know because I think Se can also go on crazy tangents but Ne can also be aware of surroundings, But I do them both equally.

I think I'm INFP but you people are making me question
If you feel you experience N and S to an equal degree, I would rule out ENFP. Their Si is least pronounced.

So then... Ne/Si or Se/Ni.

Yes, Se is capable of going off on a lot of mental tangents, too, and can be hyper active.

I'm also curious, how old are you prpl?

I just noticed: THAT is a definitive Thinking trait. And many other statements in the OP indicate thinking - thinking about this, thinking about that.
What?? If that's the case, then I'm an ISTP. What do you think goes through the heads of F types?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've always felt INFP 5w4 Social-last to be you. Just based of impressions really.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

If you feel you experience N and S to an equal degree, I would rule out ENFP. Their Si is least pronounced.

Yes, Se is capable of going off on a lot of mental tangents, too, and can be hyper active.

What?? If that's the case, then I'm an ISTP. What do you think goes through the heads of F types?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Rule No.1: never listen to other people

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I have more Fi, I don't know what I am, I could be anything in the world. But I also don't have an inner structure of the world related to emotion. It's like my values are constantly changing, they aren't deep seeded, they are influenced externally. if that makes sense. like when making a decision I apply a sort of logic to it, unless it's a snap response, then it's the first emotion that comes up, if I have time to think about it I think about it from an objective pov with some subjectiveness sprinkled in. If I do this what is the next likely outcome of my action? can I be ok with that outcome? how will this effect me? how will this effect the world? can I be ok with any of these things?

Ti, big time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thinking about personal values - something lacking in the OP.

When I was a child my decisions were based on personal values. I remember that time, but I no longer think that way.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thinking about personal values - something lacking in the OP.

When I was a child my decisions were based on personal values. I remember that time, but I no longer think that way.

Personal values are not only: "I am hungry", "I have to poo", "I peed in my pants" ...

A value can become as good as a fact, if just communicated brilliantly enough

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personal values are not only: "I am hungry", "I have to poo", "I peed in my pants" ..0

How can you say "not only"? Those aren't personal values at all.

A value can become as good as a fact, if just communicated brilliantly enough

You didn't know me back then. And I'm not talking toddler age anyway. The type of communication you're talking about is propaganda. Inter-subjective opinion can become "fact" if enough people believe it.

Personal valuation - an Fi trait - is a Judging trait. Fi Decisions are based upon one's personal values, they are not based upon peeing and pooping.

As for Prpl, she is a Thinker, but if not Ti-dom, then Te-aux. And I doubt the latter.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Whats the difference between a fact and "you just need enough people to believe in it?"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whats the difference between a fact and "you just need enough people to believe in it?"

What's the difference between a thread that you derailed and a thread that you didn't derail?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What's the difference between a thread that you derailed and a thread that you didn't derail?

Some people call it derailment, other people call it: taking it back to reality, away from the introverts clutches :)

Sunny Ghost

I don't know anymore, when I first took tests it typed me INTP but when i joined people were going no you're an INFP and I was like oh ok. because I didn't know better, but if you know me well, I do have logic it doesn't look like logic but everyone i have an indepth conversation with says that if you apply what I'm saying to the way I view the world, it's actually very logical. And really don't think I'm Fe either

I still don't think this is enough to determine Ti from Fi, personally. Especially in your age category. I'm 28, and likely look more Ti or Te nowadays. Because I use Fi and have matured, I often have the appearance of being cold since I utilize Te in my approach. My roommate get's upset with me quite often because when I try to explain things to her, I'm often "cold". She says I get a tone in my voice and I'm very serious. Ti on the other hand, when more matured, will express itself in a more Fe approach. It's not as cold.

Think back on how you were growing up and in your late teens and early twenties, as well as how you are now. Were you ever considered too sensitive? Were you ever considered cold? Did you have difficulty empathizing? etc. Do you feel like you easily understand your emotions or is it a foreign world to you?

Also, maybe this is helpful: http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=2282

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I still don't think this is enough to determine Ti from Fi, personally. Especially in your age category. I'm 28, and likely look more Ti or Te nowadays. Because I use Fi and have matured, I often have the appearance of being cold since I utilize Te in my approach. My roommate get's upset with me quite often because when I try to explain things to her, I'm often "cold". She says I get a tone in my voice and I'm very serious. Ti on the other hand, when more matured, will express itself in a more Fe approach. It's not as cold.

Think back on how you were growing up and in your late teens and early twenties, as well as how you are now. Were you ever considered too sensitive? Were you ever considered cold? Did you have difficulty empathizing? etc. Do you feel like you easily understand your emotions or is it a foreign world to you?

Also, maybe this is helpful: http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=2282

That Ti should use more Fe when matured in opposition to Fi using more Te, I think is a presumptious statement. Firstly one is free to choose what to do in his evolution and secondly Te is not anti-social per se.

Sunny Ghost

That Ti should use more Fe when matured in opposition to Fi using more Te, I think is a presumptious statement. Firstly one is free to choose what to do in his evolution and secondly Te is not anti-social per se.

I wasn't implying Te as anti-social. But rather that it works in conjunction with Fi.

Also, I'm not sure what you're saying with your first sentence. Ti-dom's eventually come to develop their Fe. Fi-dom's eventually come to develop their Te. At least, that should be the goal in a well rounded person.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm referring to the statement I made, that you appeared to have an issue with.

It's bogus because it hides behind phrases. At the end of the days I am the master of my own life and the king of my own luck. To say that its because of my Fi/Te combo that I am so anti-social or similiar is fear to deal with your own self in my eyes

Sunny Ghost

It's bogus because it hides behind phrases. At the end of the days I am the master of my own life and the king of my own luck. To say that its because of my Fi/Te combo that I am so anti-social or similiar is fear to deal with your own self in my eyes

I think this is more of a derailment from the topic.

I don't personally see the harm in trying to figure out one's type. I don't see it limiting, as other's do. To me, it's just one factor of who we are. It helps us to figure out what lenses we are using to assess the world.