• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

still unsure of my type. I know i know i know i shouldn't be cuz i keep asking but

Tiny

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Uuummm. im no expert. But im thinking your making way WAY
to much of this, over thinking it.

answer the questions..your knee jerk reactions are often correct.

?are you on meds right now>? that (i would imagine ) would make
shit hard...blurry.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still think 6w5 is right for you... I can see this contradiction, you seek a few people to be your friends and a types of your "mentors" , because you search for an external advisory, but at the same time you deny this need and value independency of your own judgement, this might be the reason why you accept only a few people to give you the advice and reject others that your own judgement tells you . So there's a need for independency in contradiction with the need of guidance, which is characteristic for 6w5s. Also 6w5s tend to rebel against some rules and are much more rebelious than 6w7s. You don't seem to accept the extarnal values in the way of loyality of 6w7. I can see why you typed yourself 4w5 before, but I don't think it's really right.

Tiny

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
it seems like your half asleep. if your high or
medicated ....that would make shit difficult

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
it seems like your half asleep. if your high or
medicated ....that would make shit difficult

I'm not high and sorta not been taking all my meds. I'm just sleepy

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Uuummm. im no expert. But im thinking your making way WAY
to much of this, over thinking it.

answer the questions..your knee jerk reactions are often correct.

?are you on meds right now>? that (i would imagine ) would make
shit hard...blurry.
i actually wasn't thinking hard. my thoughts are just oddly slow today. don't ask me why, perhaps it because I'm sleepy

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I still think 6w5 is right for you... I can see this contradiction, you seek a few people to be your friends and a types of your "mentors" , because you search for an external advisory, but at the same time you deny this need and value independency of your own judgement, this might be the reason why you accept only a few people to give you the advice and reject others that your own judgement tells you . So there's a need for independency in contradiction with the need of guidance, which is characteristic for 6w5s. Also 6w5s tend to rebel against some rules and are much more rebelious than 6w7s. You don't seem to accept the extarnal values in the way of loyality of 6w7. I can see why you typed yourself 4w5 before, but I don't think it's really right.

yeah, I think I typed myself 4w5 because I've always felt different, but the key is I don't seek out being different it just sort of happens to me. and it's not like I'm being woah is me no one understands me, it's just you're unique, you're eccentric is the feed back i've gotten my whole life, like I don't try to be someone I'm not I'm not purposely contradictory

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
alright, so since I'm most likely some sort of 6 iyo do you think I'm phobic or counterphobic?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
wow, I just read up on counter-phobic and I think i got it!

dare devilish in some ways. Including whats called "urban exploring"
which you can all learn about on my youtube channel, click
the video on my profile and then my name on the video

just curious why you brought up urban exploring?

Tiny

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
ummm.. in the wiki page for 'counter-phobic' they said
people will sometimes 'seek out' that which they are scared of
even kid themselves they are not scared of it.

I dont know if thats what I do with "urban exploring" or not.
but I do have an 'adventurer' dare devil thing going on with me.

My wife hates it, I do it (the dare devil shit) anyway.
its a 'thing' between us.

Im just trying to share about myself here.

edit**************shit
Iv made this about me , sorry, Its a thread about you trying to ID your type,
I am sorry I will delete if you want

Tiny

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am curious why this counter phobic thing seems
to be associated with type 6 ?
or did I miss understand

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
just humor me. I answered these questions

Hey! It was cool to see the person behind the posts!

I'm going to take a closer look at this sometime in the near future--right now I can hardly hear anything with the computer I use. I'll take a look sometime within the next couple of days and let you know what I think.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hey! It was cool to see the person behind the posts!

I'm going to take a closer look at this sometime in the near future--right now I can hardly hear anything with the computer I use. I'll take a look sometime within the next couple of days and let you know what I think.

thanks, and i'm patient so take your time.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
6w7 sx-sp..and ISFP

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok i think i'm either a 6w7 phobic or 6w5 phobic. I hate descriptions btw.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Getting back to ya.

I'm going to go against mainstream opinion here and suggest that you are a 9. The following ideas jumped out to me in your interview--
- You were uncertain of what you'd like to develop in yourself--I imagine a 6--even a 9-fixed one--would have rather more to say about herself and her shortcomings! They tend to feel "not good enough".
- You severed a friendship by ignoring her. I'm not saying a 6 would never do this, but "tuning out" things you don't want to do or deal with is more centrally 9.
- You've expressed a desire for comfort over appearances.
- You noted your superego sometimes asks "why do you exist?" This is sort of related to the attachment triad in general, but 9s specifically tend to feel that they have no importance and are extraneous to the situation somehow. 6s can feel inferior and worthless as well, of course, but your concern seems more likely to be articulated by a 9.
- You mentioned gathering information more as wool-gathering, not to acquire mastery. (As someone influenced by type 9 myself, I approve.) It sounds like you might be a bit like me--reading about all sorts of little hobbies "for fun" rather than to feel secure. Do you do this so that you don't have to do the things you don't feel like doing, as well? (I do).
- Importantly are your recurring feelings of "just give up, you won't accomplish anything, you're not important". This is actually textbook 9. Nines tend to give up and neglect accomplishing things simply because of their sense of being unimportant. This is why 9s grow to 3.
- You also expressed a number of withdrawn themes.

On the other hand, I didn't get much sense of the mental intensity or doubt I'd expect to see from a core 6. Know that 9s can over-think as much as core 6s, and it's possible to have a very strong connection to 6 as well. Perhaps this is what you're looking at?

Maybe you're the 946 or 945 tritype?

That's my best guess.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Getting back to ya.

I'm going to go against mainstream opinion here and suggest that you are a 9. The following ideas jumped out to me in your interview--
- You were uncertain of what you'd like to develop in yourself--I imagine a 6--even a 9-fixed one--would have rather more to say about herself and her shortcomings! They tend to feel "not good enough".
- You severed a friendship by ignoring her. I'm not saying a 6 would never do this, but "tuning out" things you don't want to do or deal with is more centrally 9.
- You've expressed a desire for comfort over appearances.
- You noted your superego sometimes asks "why do you exist?" This is sort of related to the attachment triad in general, but 9s specifically tend to feel that they have no importance and are extraneous to the situation somehow. 6s can feel inferior and worthless as well, of course, but your concern seems more likely to be articulated by a 9.
- You mentioned gathering information more as wool-gathering, not to acquire mastery. (As someone influenced by type 9 myself, I approve.) It sounds like you might be a bit like me--reading about all sorts of little hobbies "for fun" rather than to feel secure. Do you do this so that you don't have to do the things you don't feel like doing, as well? (I do).
- Importantly are your recurring feelings of "just give up, you won't accomplish anything, you're not important". This is actually textbook 9. Nines tend to give up and neglect accomplishing things simply because of their sense of being unimportant. This is why 9s grow to 3.
- You also expressed a number of withdrawn themes.

On the other hand, I didn't get much sense of the mental intensity or doubt I'd expect to see from a core 6. Know that 9s can over-think as much as core 6s, and it's possible to have a very strong connection to 6 as well. Perhaps this is what you're looking at?

Maybe you're the 946 or 945 tritype?

That's my best guess.
-I guess that;s true, but i have a hard time articulating what i want to do, even if I have an inkling and didn't you ask what I was good at? that I don't really know I always stumble over this question in interviews, because I'm a terrible liar
-not ignore just not think about. that's not the same thing at all. and if I don't forget it's more like oh they didn't call, guess they don't want to talk to me, oh well
-true
-i am prone to really bad depression, but it's always existensial so perhaps that's true, and it does stem from inferiority and feelings of worthlessnes
-not true at all, if I don't want to do something, I simply don't. If i'm looking something it's because I geniunely want to know. I just don't have a long attention span. so i jump from topic to topic quickly. Like for example I was reading about period syncing not anything I needed to know, but wanted to I had nothing to do during that time. btw it's a myth, they have not been able to prove that it happens consisently. although as a kid I had a ridicuously long attention span like I was obsessed with slavery in the american south for 3-5 years and loved reading personal stories, then for 3-5 years after that obsessed with the holocaust (perhaps because it' more people oriented I am a 9)
-this is true
-I've always been withdrawn. but thing is it orignally stemmed from anxiety and feeling worthless, like oh they don't want to talk to me, and if they do it's to gather info to use againt me/make fun of me behind my back. when I was little I was convinced everytime I saw someone talking I assumed they were saying terrible things about me. although I've over came this, the behavior is so ingrained.

sorry for replying you might be right and other people have said 9 as well.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-I guess that;s true, but i have a hard time articulating what i want to do, even if I have an inkling and didn't you ask what I was good at? that I don't really know I always stumble over this question in interviews, because I'm a terrible liar
Yeah, it isn't necessarily type specific or anything. But the way you delivered it seemed more in keeping with 9 than 6, is all.

-not ignore just not think about. that's not the same thing at all. and if I don't forget it's more like oh they didn't call, guess they don't want to talk to me, oh well
The "just not think about" is actually more 9ish than just ignoring--9s tune things out. They forget. They feel like they weren't important enough to bother with anyway. That seems in line with your response here.

-true
-i am prone to really bad depression, but it's always existensial so perhaps that's true, and it does stem from inferiority and feelings of worthlessnes
If it's not too personal, what kind of depression do you experience? I think 4s, 6s, and 9s are all prone to these sort of feelings to some degree. My sense (and of course there's a lot of leeway with each type) is that 4s tend to be self-loathing for all the ways they don't measure up, as well as being identified with a sense of melancholy. Sixes tend to doubt their ability to know what to do in a situation and so spend lots of time preparing and simultaneously feeling unequal to the task--their sense of inferiority and dysfunction stems from this. Nines just kind of feel like nothing matters, including themselves, and can fall into a state of depression over the existential futility of everything. I think for them it's more like glum resignation rather than outright self-torment.

Of course, any type can be depressed and self-loathing, so I'm not going to tell someone what they are based on depression. But, just some things to think about.

-not true at all, if I don't want to do something, I simply don't. If i'm looking something it's because I geniunely want to know. I just don't have a long attention span. so i jump from topic to topic quickly. Like for example I was reading about period syncing not anything I needed to know, but wanted to I had nothing to do during that time. btw it's a myth, they have not been able to prove that it happens consisently. although as a kid I had a ridicuously long attention span like I was obsessed with slavery in the american south for 3-5 years and loved reading personal stories, then for 3-5 years after that obsessed with the holocaust (perhaps because it' more people oriented I am a 9)
LOL, it's ok. I had a really long attention span as a kid, too. Somehow that wore off as I grew up, with the end result that now I've got the attention span of a 2 year old.

But yeah, the "wool-gathering" isn't necessarily stupid, and often does seek to gather information. Especially as an INFP, you're going to want to learn all sorts of stuff and have all sorts of things you genuinely enjoy researching. It's more about a re-alignment of priorities, and as I experience it anyway, it genuinely feels important at the time.

Something to consider. Also, consider 5 as your head-fix.
-this is true
-I've always been withdrawn. but thing is it orignally stemmed from anxiety and feeling worthless, like oh they don't want to talk to me, and if they do it's to gather info to use againt me/make fun of me behind my back. when I was little I was convinced everytime I saw someone talking I assumed they were saying terrible things about me. although I've over came this, the behavior is so ingrained.
To be honest, I think this is human behavior in general, especially if you were badly treated by your peers as a kid. I've had a very similar experience in my life; I assume if someone laughs as I walk by they're laughing at ME. I assume my presence is a burden or an imposition, and that no one wants me around, really. I'm definitely not a core 6 (it's my head fix, not my core). I'm under the impression my mother had a similar experience as a child, and she has a similar attitude as well (she's a 9w1 fwiw). So keep an open mind on this issue.

Your replies are good!

You could still be a 6, of course, but what I got from your message was more 9 in flavor.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, it isn't necessarily type specific or anything. But the way you delivered it seemed more in keeping with 9 than 6, is all.

The "just not think about" is actually more 9ish than just ignoring--9s tune things out. They forget. They feel like they weren't important enough to bother with anyway. That seems in line with your response here.

-true
If it's not too personal, what kind of depression do you experience? I think 4s, 6s, and 9s are all prone to these sort of feelings to some degree. My sense (and of course there's a lot of leeway with each type) is that 4s tend to be self-loathing for all the ways they don't measure up, as well as being identified with a sense of melancholy. Sixes tend to doubt their ability to know what to do in a situation and so spend lots of time preparing and simultaneously feeling unequal to the task--their sense of inferiority and dysfunction stems from this. Nines just kind of feel like nothing matters, including themselves, and can fall into a state of depression over the existential futility of everything. I think for them it's more like glum resignation rather than outright self-torment.

Of course, any type can be depressed and self-loathing, so I'm not going to tell someone what they are based on depression. But, just some things to think about.

LOL, it's ok. I had a really long attention span as a kid, too. Somehow that wore off as I grew up, with the end result that now I've got the attention span of a 2 year old.

But yeah, the "wool-gathering" isn't necessarily stupid, and often does seek to gather information. Especially as an INFP, you're going to want to learn all sorts of stuff and have all sorts of things you genuinely enjoy researching. It's more about a re-alignment of priorities, and as I experience it anyway, it genuinely feels important at the time.

Something to consider. Also, consider 5 as your head-fix.
-this is true
To be honest, I think this is human behavior in general, especially if you were badly treated by your peers as a kid. I've had a very similar experience in my life; I assume if someone laughs as I walk by they're laughing at ME. I assume my presence is a burden or an imposition, and that no one wants me around, really. I'm definitely not a core 6 (it's my head fix, not my core). I'm under the impression my mother had a similar experience as a child, and she has a similar attitude as well (she's a 9w1 fwiw). So keep an open mind on this issue.

Your replies are good!

You could still be a 6, of course, but what I got from your message was more 9 in flavor.