• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me with my MBTI type - Video Questionnaire included

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey,

I made this video in response to [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION]'s Socionics video questionnaire thread. I'd like to get a few more opinions on my MBTI type (and Enneagram type if you've any insights there). If any of you can bear to listen to me harp on about myself for any length of time in the name of typing fun, I'd love to hear what you might think my type is and your reasons. My computer doesn't like PhotoBooth so sorry about it slipping out of sync in a lot of parts.

Happy typing :)

Alea_iacta_est

Hey,

I made this video in response to [MENTION=5759]edchidna1000[/MENTION]'s video questionnaire thread. I'd like to get a few more opinions on my type. If any of you can bear to listen to me harp on about myself for any length of time in the name of typing fun, I'd love to hear what you might think my type is and your reasons. My computer doesn't like PhotoBooth so sorry about it slipping out of sync in a lot of parts.

Happy typing :)

MBTI =/= Social interaction based typing

MBTI - How you operate
Socionics - How you interact with others

That's why echidna could type you in Socionics because it is principled on how you interact with others. In this video, he was looking for body movements, postures, eye movements, how monotone your voice is or isn't, and etc. MBTI doesn't do that.

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
MBTI =/= Social interaction based typing

MBTI - How you operate
Socionics - How you interact with others

That's why echidna could type you in Socionics because it is principled on how you interact with others. In this video, he was looking for body movements, postures, eye movements, how monotone your voice is or isn't, and etc. MBTI doesn't do that.

Interesting - I literally just linked you this in another thread btw :p

Can that really be accurate, though? I'd imagine my communication style to a webcam on my own would be quite different to how I'd interact with others...

Alea_iacta_est

Interesting - I literally just linked you this in another thread btw :p

Can that really be accurate, though? I'd imagine my communication style to a webcam on my own would be quite different to how I'd interact with others...

That's why people don't trust Socionics sometimes. Socionics also has a highly controversial topic that some of its followers support and others don't, and that's Visual Identification. Meaning that they think just looking at your face they can type you.

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
That's why people don't trust Socionics sometimes. Socionics also has a highly controversial topic that some of its followers support and others don't, and that's Visual Identification. Meaning that they think just looking at your face they can type you.

Seriously? Yeah I don't buy that. That would be to say all INTJs/ENFPs/ISFPs/whatever type have some facial similarity. That literally can't be true.

I thought the socionics videos were more based on the content of what was said (although I guess that may allow for bias), but I guess the OP of that thread knows their own method - now you say I think they specifically mentioned that they don't judge you on your features. Visual identification - what a weird idea.

Alea_iacta_est

Seriously? Yeah I don't buy that. That would be to say all INTJs/ENFPs/ISFPs/whatever type have some facial similarity. That literally can't be true.

I thought the socionics videos were more based on the content of what was said (although I guess that may allow for bias), but I guess the OP of that thread knows their own method - now you say I think they specifically mentioned that they don't judge you on your features. Visual identification - what a weird idea.

Well Echidna doesn't accept VI, but he does look at your body movements and other interaction characteristics, like facial expressions.

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well Echidna doesn't accept VI, but he does look at your body movements and other interaction characteristics, like facial expressions.

I can accept that, as expressions and gestures tend to be indicative of manner - but I wonder would that be enough info to go on (and a webcam is kind of an unnatural thing). Interesting thing to note about Socionics though, and good to know. Totally disagree with typing on an actual genetic face though :p

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Actually not necessarily, it could be that there is like 100 subtypes of INTjs so 100 different faces but all belonging to INTj type.

Anyhow, I do dislike VI just as much as you do. It's subjective BS

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Actually not necessarily, it could be that there is like 100 subtypes of INTjs so 100 different faces but all belonging to INTj type.

Anyhow, I do dislike VI just as much as you do. It's subjective BS

Seems strange in any case. "Dude's got such an ENTj nose."

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can accept that, as expressions and gestures tend to be indicative of manner - but I wonder would that be enough info to go on (and a webcam is kind of an unnatural thing). Interesting thing to note about Socionics though, and good to know. Totally disagree with typing on an actual genetic face though :p

It isn't enough to go on. It usually only backs up what the person is saying in the video. As for what is known as 'Static VI', I believe there certainly are patterns that have rightly been noted (often Intuitives have been seen to have a smaller build, and finer features while Sensors have rounder, larger characteristics) . However, I do not think that our understanding of these patterns is sufficient enough to assert a causation between certain types and certain facial features. I would not say that a person is Intuitive on the basis that they supposedly look like one.