• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram, you're next!

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
So, having recently ascertained my MBTI type, I have decided to attack Ennegram with my curiosity!
I attempted this questionnaire because of its effective brevity.

Which of these do you consider your biggest fear?
Being cut off (from everything)
Being held back from doing something, no freedom
Being betrayed by those you trust
Being emotionally vulnerable (or physically)
Being insignificant and ordinary
Being incapable, mentally or physically
Being unimportant, being worthless
Being unloved
Being imperfect, flawed or corrupt

2, 5, 6, 7 (Mostly 2 and 5, 7 is also a bummer).
If being cut off implies missing out, then yes, 1 to a certain extent.

Which of these do you want the most?
To be valuable and important
To feel appreciated and loved
To be unique and individual
To be ethical and have integrity
To be supported and guided
To be in a peaceful frame of mind and life
To be protected
To be competent and capable
To be content and happy with what you have

1, 2 (if you change it to "admired and praised"), 3, 9.

Here, I'm conflicted between all of them. I want to be an important figure in this world that is admired and appreciated by many. But I also want to maximize the amount of fun in my life and be unique, not ordinary and boring.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure about every statement's meaning but I think you picked types 3, 4, 7 (5 in the first one only)... your summary is 3 & 7

I thought of a question; would you be willing to adapt yourself in a way so that you get more appreciation? or do you just want to be having fun and admiration is only part of that?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I do both. One of my major goals in life is to have fun. But I also have a strong desire to be appreciated. I think that, in my case, getting appreciated unanimously is one step closer to having fun.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do both. One of my major goals in life is to have fun. But I also have a strong desire to be appreciated. I think that, in my case, getting appreciated unanimously is one step closer to having fun.

That's interesting that it makes life more fun for you that way. Elaborate on the definition of "fun", what it means for you. How does getting appreciated bring you closer to it?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
3w4 or 7w6, from what I can see.

Are you ruled by shame or anxiety? In both cases, you'll deny feeling them so maybe this isn't a good way to identify it :thinking:

7s distract themselves from their fears by using a multitude of ideas to hop from one glorious moment to another. They'll also do several ideas at once and cull the ones that aren't working and like an egalitarian/non-hierarchal work situation where everyone can pitch in their ideas. 3's otoh value success above all, and approval of others. They deny feeling shame at all, yet it drives them to be whatever other people need them to be, to validate their existence. They are incredibly good at getting the job done - even if that means doing it by using a short-cut, or getting their hands dirty. They own the rat race in life.

Chances are you have both 3 and 7 in your tritype, hence you identify with both :)

I'll go with 7w6 in your case though - it seems to be the more common type of the two for ENTPs.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree so far OP seems more 7-ish but I still need clarification on the above questions before I would declare anything :)

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Well, 'fun' to me is composed of the three A's - Accomplishment, Appreciation and Autonomy.

And yes, I am ruled by anxiety, especially in high school.

I also suspect I might be be an 5. While I'm not as serious and reclusive as the descriptions imply, I definitely am the kind of person to spend an entire day researching and investigating stuff on the internet. Knowledge is power, I believe in that. If I'm dealing with a problem, I do not hesitate to flock to the internet to immediately look for solutions, and accidentally start researching about it.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, 'fun' to me is composed of the three A's - Accomplishment, Appreciation and Autonomy.

That's not a 7's view of fun. I'm not even sure why you call it "fun" :D

You did choose the 7's statements though... but of course these are generic statements anyway

OK, going by very superficial words

Accomplishment = 3

Appreciation = Image triad

Autonomy = 5 or 8

And yes, I am ruled by anxiety, especially in high school.

I also suspect I might be be an 5. While I'm not as serious and reclusive as the descriptions imply, I definitely am the kind of person to spend an entire day researching and investigating stuff on the internet. Knowledge is power, I believe in that.

What kind of anxiety in high school?

You did choose "Being incapable, mentally or physically", which is the 5 fear.

If I'm dealing with a problem, I do not hesitate to flock to the internet to immediately look for solutions, and accidentally start researching about it.

Ah. I need to learn doing that more often :p For some reason I just do not have that mindset. Of course just as anyone else, I'm able look up things online, I just don't think of it as the first option or even second option. Let alone extensive research... no 5...

Here's something that I think is very typical of 5's: I caught my friend looking up something online. It was to do with an issue and he was reading some articles with stuff in such close detail about it that I didn't know even existed, such details I mean. This issue to me seemed really straightforward, if I were him, I would have just gone and started doing it right away. But it seemed he needed the preparation with lots of knowledge before he could go ahead. He never went ahead with it actually...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not a 7's view of fun. I'm not even sure why you call it "fun" :D

You did choose the 7's statements though... but of course these are generic statements anyway

OK, going by very superficial words

Accomplishment = 3

Appreciation = Image triad

Autonomy = 5 or 8

What kind of anxiety in high school?

You did choose "Being incapable, mentally or physically", which is the 5 fear.

Ah. I need to learn doing that more often :p For some reason I just do not have that mindset. Of course just as anyone else, I'm able look up things online, I just don't think of it as the first option or even second option. Let alone extensive research... no 5...

Here's something that I think is very typical of 5's: I caught my friend looking up something online. It was to do with an issue and he was reading some articles with stuff in such close detail about it that I didn't know even existed, such details I mean. This issue to me seemed really straightforward, if I were him, I would have just gone and started doing it right away. But it seemed he needed the preparation with lots of knowledge before he could go ahead. He never went ahead with it actually...

Type 5's: always preparing, never accomplishing, end up wasting their lives with tons of regrets at the end.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 5's: always preparing, never accomplishing, end up wasting their lives with tons of regrets at the end.

The guy is actually pretty good at accomplishing in one specific area where he has expertise. I guess that's typical - somewhat more healthy - 5 too?

But yes, beyond that, not much in his life....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The guy is actually pretty good at accomplishing in one specific area where he has expertise. I guess that's typical - somewhat more healthy - 5 too?

But yes, beyond that, not much in his life....

Healthy? Depends. Is his area of expertise some video game?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Healthy? Depends. Is his area of expertise some video game?

Lol, no; computers, programming, stuff like that

But yes, video games too, actually :p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, no; computers, programming, stuff like that

But yes, video games too, actually :p

That one-sidedness comes easier to a 5w6 than it does for a 5w4. I should know.

The 5w4 is one of Riso's conflicted types, for good reason: the intellectual 5 traits conflict with the emotional 4 traits. The 5w6 suffers no such conflict, thus it is easier for the 5w6 to devote considerable energy to a single sphere of interest.

Most people don't know that every other wing type around the enneagram is a conflicted type.

5w4 conflicted
5w6 unconflicted
6w5 conflicted
6w7 unconflicted
7w6 conflicted
7w8 unconflicted
8w7 conflicted
8w9 unconflicted
9w8 conflicted
9w1 unconflicted
1w9 a combination of conflicted and unconflicted
1w2 unconflicted
2w1 conflicted
2w3 unconflicted
3w2 conflicted
3w4 unconflicted
4w3 conflicted
4w5 unconflicted

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Most of my attempts at preparation tend to be excuses for delay or relaxation before an important task or event. In my case, I rarely prepare. I'm more of a tactician. Whenever I think I'm preparing, I actually procrastinate.

Sometimes, I don't know what goes remiss with my brain! I suggest you ignore those three A's, they're irrelevant. I don't even know what my goal in life is. But I do have a strong desire to attain global celebrity. I want to have my name recorded in chronicles and remembered throughout the subsequent ages. I want to make an influential impact. Having fun is a priority. But what's the use of living and dying as an ordinary person, just one of the multitudinous people in the world? Well, I'm getting philosophical now. But I do hope this little passage shed some light on my enneagram type.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That one-sidedness comes easier to a 5w6 than it does for a 5w4. I should know.

The 5w4 is one of Riso's conflicted types, for good reason: the intellectual 5 traits conflict with the emotional 4 traits. The 5w6 suffers no such conflict, thus it is easier for the 5w6 to devote considerable energy to a single sphere of interest.

Oh yes the guy is very much 5w6 > 5w4.

Most people don't know that every other wing type around the enneagram is a conflicted type.

This is actually interesting thanks. Maybe that explains some stuff about me. Mind checking out my enneagram type thread?

Most of my attempts at preparation tend to be excuses for delay or relaxation before an important task or event. In my case, I rarely prepare. I'm more of a tactician. Whenever I think I'm preparing, I actually procrastinate.

Sometimes, I don't know what goes remiss with my brain! I suggest you ignore those three A's, they're irrelevant. I don't even know what my goal in life is. But I do have a strong desire to attain global celebrity. I want to have my name recorded in chronicles and remembered throughout the subsequent ages. I want to make an influential impact. Having fun is a priority. But what's the use of living and dying as an ordinary person, just one of the multitudinous people in the world? Well, I'm getting philosophical now. But I do hope this little passage shed some light on my enneagram type.

Alright so what happens if you get global celebrity and it turns out to be not actually that much fun? Maybe this is hard as a thought experiment though :p

How much would you be willing to sacrifice to get there (global celebrity)?

I don't know if your musings here are directly type related.

Oh and the prepare thing... why do you need to relax before the task?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Being unloved

To be protected

I couldn't narrow it down to just one.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Being unloved

To be protected

I couldn't narrow it down to just one.

I think you would want to open your own "type me" thread?

Btw that's 4, 5, 3 for the first one and 3, 9, 5 for the second one. Sounds like 5 or 3 core if just going by that