• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or INTP? The Eternal Dilemma

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I'm back! Thank you for your contribution, even though the thread had been defunct for quite a while.
Speaking of isolation, I often become melancholy over the fact that I have acquaintances but no real friends. I enjoy solitude, but I do tend to get depressed ad despondent if I'm alone for way too long, especially in the absence of an electronic device with internet. Actually, before my acquaintance with the internet, I'm sure I was an extrovert. Video games, books, computers, bullying (well, more like being a social outcast and constantly getting ridiculed) and social anxiety made me an introvert, I guess. I've observed that my introversion is synonymous with my self-confidence issues and social anxiety. I dislike being the center of attention out of fear of embarrassment.
I despise being introduced to people. That's when I'm at the height of my introversion. I would rather take the initiative in such cases. I don't understand the concept of socializing in parties because there's a high probability that you won't see them tomorrow or at least the day after anyway.
And yes, my knowledge of extroverted intuition was deficient back then. I was under the fallacious assumption that ENTPs were idea-generating machines.
[MENTION=21161]nordic[/MENTION] - I absolutely relate to your example with Barack Obama. Maybe this is why I tend to behave like a hipster oftentimes.