• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could I really be a sensor?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Do you live in an alternate universe of your own creation or do you prefer the real world?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Jack Flak's Foolproof Test

Additionally, I present to you from the archives of the past...

:worthy: Jack Flak's Foolproof Test

Which of the options is truest for you? If every option fits well, or no option fits well, simply choose the most appropriate answer.
Please choose only one answer per question.

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

a. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety, and explore possibilities.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on logic and my knowledge.

3A. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!
a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety, and explore possibilities.
b. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.

3B. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!
c. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on logic and my knowledge.

a. I approach things with a plan.
b. I handle things as they come.

a. I am usually sympathetic.
b. I am usually logical.

a. After several hours in a group of four or more people, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.

a. I prefer concrete facts.
b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.

ANSWER KEY (In White):

1. a=E, b=I
2. a=FJ, b=NP, c=SP, d=TJ
3. a=N, b=S, c=F, d=T
4. a=J, b=P
5. a=F, b=T
6. a=I, b=E
7. a=S, b=N

Add all responses for each preference of I or E, N or S, T or F, and J or P.
If there is a tie, the result is null under this test (x),
and other methods of typing should be used.

lume

My hobbies are probably playing guitar and singing(mostly singing, the point at playing guitar is that I just use it to sing), and I think I dont do so bad in it. I sometimes like reading, if I have the time, I read thrillers most of the times. Sometimes novels or dramas if they have a deep hazy story, I dont really know if you know what I mean. um yes. I havent been watching much TV lately but if I do I mostly watch things like Criminal Minds (oh god I love it), Navy Cis and things like this. Im interested in MBTI and the enneagram for two years now. Im somehow interested in personality disorders its weird though. If I begin thinking too much I cant sleep very well, I was awake till 6am or something quite often, and I loved those nights, watching night TV, which offers a great variety of crime series amd psychothrillers. I love psychothrillers, thrillers where its not about the blood, thrillers where its about the depths of the human mind. I also liked "A beautiful Mind" a lot, its like a favourite movie, and "Shutter Island" and "Hole" if somebody knows the last one.
I love staying up long or waking up at 4am or something, being alone, listening to music and waiting for the sun to rise. When you look out at the window and everything is covered in morning-haze.
Like you may noticed, Im drawn to such dark things somehow.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My hobbies are probably playing guitar and singing(mostly singing, the point at playing guitar is that I just use it to sing), and I think I dont do so bad in it. I sometimes like reading, if I have the time, I read thrillers most of the times. Sometimes novels or dramas if they have a deep hazy story, I dont really know if you know what I mean. um yes. I havent been watching much TV lately but if I do I mostly watch things like Criminal Minds (oh god I love it), Navy Cis and things like this. Im interested in MBTI and the enneagram for two years now. Im somehow interested in personality disorders its weird though. If I begin thinking too much I cant sleep very well, I was awake till 6am or something quite often, and I loved those nights, watching night TV, which offers a great variety of crime series amd psychothrillers. I love psychothrillers, thrillers where its not about the blood, thrillers where its about the depths of the human mind. I also liked "A beautiful Mind" a lot, its like a favourite movie, and "Shutter Island" and "Hole" if somebody knows the last one.
I love staying up long or waking up at 4am or something, being alone, listening to music and waiting for the sun to rise. When you look out at the window and everything is covered in morning-haze.
Like you may noticed, Im drawn to such dark things somehow.
Would you please take Jack Flak's Test that I posted above and tell us your results?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will put this out there- INTPs can often be quite sensitive. I think it's an inferior Fe thing, like they're not good at Fe so they're a little sensitive about it and sometimes try extra hard, or they have difficulty reading feelings so they feel a little lost about it. My INTP brother was a very sensitive, very emotional teenager. Not empathetic so much, but definitely touchy. As he's gotten older, he really pays attention to social niceties/cues. For example, we went on a hike recently and he didn't hear this woman who passed us say hi and he was really put off by it. I also have an INTP friend who gets sulky and offended if I don't call. And yes, he is a caring person. He does lots of nice, caring things for the people who matter to him.

My ISTJ dad is really sensitive too. He definitely takes things personally and gets really defensive. He's also caring, but he doesn't know how to express it well with words and physical affection.

What I bolded has described my experience trying to be a good feeler and pretty much failing miserably at it most of the time.

I've come a long way in learning to better read people. For the longest time I thought I was autistic.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
1b 2b 3d 4 i cant tell 5b 6a 7b - so it would say INTP?

1. a=E, b=I
2. a=FJ, b=NP, c=SP, d=TJ
3. a=N, b=S, c=F, d=T
4. a=J, b=P
5. a=F, b=T
6. a=I, b=E
7. a=S, b=N

Yes, probably.
Now what you do is read scholarly descriptions of INTPs and see if it describes you at least 85%.
If so, then, it's probably you, but you should always keep open to adjusting your conclusion as you learn and understand more about MBTI.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, you're fine.

Not everyone is fine with it :p

As to your question, I'd guess that probably would correlate with ST, if anything? Maybe ISTP?

Yeah well, I thought the same, I'm apparently not a genuine ISTP though :)

But this thread shouldn't be about me. If you feel like analysing me a bit, my type thread is a better place for it :).

In general I have noticed all types of introverts saying they don't like an expectation of quick response, hence my above comment. But in each person's case, it could really have anything to do with a number of factors. Personally I don't like an expectation/demand of quick reaction if I'm going to be seriously judged on it (whereas I enjoy recreation activities that involve quick reaction) but for me I think that has to do with my enneatype - 6s like preparation time. That may be impacting [MENTION=20043]lume[/MENTION], too, though it sounds like for her it has more to do with a fairly long emotional response time.

I don't really notice expectations as such. Not in terms of reaction time anyway. It's a good idea bringing it up that it can be different factors, different areas, like for me verbal area, or for OP the emotional response thing.

Im really good at writing argumentative essays, and Im somewhat good at discussing. I can see a topic from many different views without even trying, we once had to read an article about a topic which I never understood before, I read the text and were able to put the issue in a nutshell. I had teachers telling me that I have good arguments, I often find good arguments for both sides.
Im also somewhat good in grasping theories, I dont know if its just because Im 17, and school isnt demanding that much, but I find myself studying half an hour for our chemistry exams and writing an A (chemistry is the only subject where I still have As btw), I had a B+ in maths altough I didnt pay attention in school, I learned for like 2 hours from the book. So Im somewhat good at theorethical things like this, even if I dont really like maths.
With history or geography its not that easy, I dont like to study, Im learning but zoning out all the time and performing rather bad on the exams. I can remember details if I want to, but it takes some effort which I dont like to invest.

Like I mentioned, I love making up theories, and I just do it automatically. I have a ENTP best friend and she comes up with a lot of weird questions, if Im in a good mood I like talking and discussing these things, but Im often in a mood where I just dont want to talk.
I somehow love discussing, if I dont have to feel insecure about what Im saying, if its in a surrounding where everybody respects each other. I just love bringing out multiple views, reflecting about issues and coming to several points together. If I know something I come across as rather confident I guess.

You got strong Ne as I initially suspected :)

I guess I don't know about your F/T after all, inferior Fe was mentioned, sure why not? The emotional response issue makes more sense that way too!

Sorry I didnt say it like I meant it, the girls Im talking about are only talking about things like that, and maybe theyre gossiping. But thats all they talk about. I paid special attention to it and a girl from my school which was a friend of mine was never talking about anything else, and I watched this a month. So I think if someone can only talk about these things, that makes them shallow.

OK, that makes sense now :)

Yes, the whole liking to theorize thing leans toward N, but the thoughts you mentioned before were very practical (make up, cost of items).

Everyone has to be practical to a degree I guess?