• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of EFP is Chanaynay?

What is Chandler's type?

• Total voters

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This thread is separate from the "Chandler's type" thread because the purpose of this thread is also for distinguishing between the two types of EFPs.

I've noticed in the "Is the person above you accurately typed?" thread I generally get responses saying that EFP makes sense for me, which kind of goes without question. I've experienced a few Fi outbursts on here, and generally live with an Fi outlook on life. That, and I'm definitely extroverted>introverted, feeling>thinking, and perceiving>judging. Understandably I was pegged as EFJ at some points probably due to me trying to be nice to everyone, but I'm far too unorganized, lazy, unmotivated, and unplanned to be a J. I also have trouble in leadership positions and other situations where I have to take on a certain level of responsibility.

Anyway, I'm getting off track here. I remember @AffirmativeAnxiety, [MENTION=18559]SophiaDeep[/MENTION], and [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] saying they saw me more as Se-dom although with no clear explanation why. I also remember [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] saying I've never vibed N that strongly (but I don't think I vibed S either). It's interesting that really the only part people can see in me is EFP, so the Fi/Te is apparent, but my general vibe as a person is definitely extroverted, specifically Pe-dom. Anyway, I remember I once asked [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] if he thought I might be ESFP and he said he could see it but ENFP is probably more likely because I'm less realistic/pragmatic, more "in my head," and less visceral which are characteristics more attributed to N than S.

Another thing that pointed to ESFP>ENFP were [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]'s test results:

ESFP 61
ENFP 58
INFJ 58
ENTP 50
ENFJ 49
INFP 49
INTJ 49
ISFP 49
ESTP 45
ISTP 45
ESFJ 39
INTP 35
ESTJ 29
ISFJ 21
ISTJ 18
ENTJ 14

Both types of EFP were high, but ESFP won out in the end.

Anyway, I've started to think about it and have been entertaining the idea of being ESFP. What I loved about the ENFP online descriptions (which I know aren't that credible but I still enjoyed reading them) is that they can be really optimistic about the future, which I am, because of their ability to see possibilities for almost anything. But I'm starting to wonder if I can actually see these possibilities and instead just naturally believe positive outcomes are possible for anyone or anything.

Another thing that got me thinking that I could be ESFP over ENFP is my fascination with the aesthetics of the earth's natural beauty. I actually really enjoy taking in beautiful sights. That's one of the reasons I want to explore the world and see so many parts of it. I was always drawn to the ocean and the beach, and I remember explaining it to someone it was more beauty-oriented than what it could be used for, more of an appreciation for what it naturally was than an appreciation for what it could be:

[12/28/2013 1:45:41 PM] Chandler: haha this summer when i went to this private beach i could see the entire ocean in front of me
[12/28/2013 1:45:45 PM] Chandler: it was sooo beautiful
[12/28/2013 1:45:54 PM] Chandler: no boats or buoys
[12/28/2013 1:46:01 PM] Chandler: just the sky and the ocean in front of me
[12/28/2013 1:46:20 PM] Chandler: and the waves making music for my ears
[12/28/2013 1:46:38 PM] Chandler: i just kind of spent a while staring into the distance there
[12/28/2013 1:46:41 PM] Chandler: taking it all in
[12/28/2013 1:46:52 PM] Chandler: i was like guys look at how beautiful this is!
[12/28/2013 1:46:57 PM] Chandler: so people joined me
[12/28/2013 1:46:58 PM] Chandler: :p

I also was under the false impression that Se-doms were so attuned to their environment that they could not possibly be a total klutz like I was. I'm a bull in a china shop, I kind of lack this awareness of the physical presence around me, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm not aware because I just really don't care. I associated me being klutzy with being S-inferior. I also probably am klutzy when I'm making a move because I'm aware of what else is around me to make less trouble (aka I just go for a bowl in the lower cabinet and grab it, pulling it over lots and lots of other bowls, instead of realizing it's on a table I can pull out and pulling out the table to grab the bowl without much resistance). When I want to appreciate what's around me I can totally turn it on. Although I feel like I suck at mapping out details which seems more ESP to me. I'm totally sloppy and just go for the general idea when explaining something unless I really actually care about it.

Oh and many people tell me I learn concepts easily compared to most, I don't know what it means but I feel like it could be worth mentioning.

Oh but for a case for ENFP I totally do retreat back to a state where I was comfortable and don't move from that state until I'm not stressed again. I don't really get paranoid like how people say Ni-inferiors do. I actually get really frustrated when people over-think things or get paranoid and just don't actually put things into action. But then again I do see a lot of different ways things could go in my future when I think I'm gonna do something, the difference is that I usually just do it regardless.

Oh thank god I just remembered this. Anyway, another thing that got me thinking ESFP>ENFP was when I was talking with my ENFJ bestie. We were talking about our differing tastes in music. she said she liked music that made her "think" more while I liked music that made me "feel" more. so basically she liked music with compelling lyrics and multiple meanings that could be interpreted. she focused more on beat and lyrics. My focus is entirely vocal. I noticed that the music she was playing had really boring-sounding singers. I think AA made a good point about my music taste indicated S>N but just for the wrong reason. I like a good voice behind my music, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, etc. I actually don't really pay attention to lyrics that much. I told my friend I probably focus on voice so much because of what we learned in physics class about how you can physically feel certain emotions if you have the capacity to hit notes the right way (I forgot what my teacher said specifically though). It made sense for me, because I pretty much don't care at all how profound a song can be. If there's no emotion or passion in the voice, then I won't like it. I like hearing passion and raw emotion behind my singers. I don't know if I can properly describe it but that's what I get from the kind of singers I listen to. I don't really like when people just sing in a very monotone way and don't do anything special with their voice. There's no flair or passion for the song there. I dunno, I just can't feel the heart in it. :shrug: Anyway I'm probably sounding elitist here. Donedonedone.

Also my s key is broken so I'm writing this like with no fucks given at all because I just want to copy the uppercase s so I can edit what I wrote and make it better. Anyway I'd be interested in hearing your opinions either based on this, what you've seen of me, or both. :D

Also I feel like I'm thinking I could be an s due to my experience of seeing so many fucking Ns on here I just can't understand how there aren't as many Ss since they're supposedly statistically more common.

Calling [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION], [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION], [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION], the other people previously mentioned, [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION], [MENTION=1456]Domino[/MENTION], [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION], [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION], [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION], [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION], and [MENTION=5645]Qrious[/MENTION] to the battlefield.

Starry

There was a member in the No Makeup thread that...after seeing a few of our gorgeous members without their cake... indicated they didn't feel very attractive anymore (or something along those lines...) Soooo I have been preoccupied here trying to figure out if I want to post this one photo I just took of myself without my war-paint...where the bags under my eyes kinda make me look like I'm actually wearing glasses haha!!! How important is it for me to make this forumer feel better about themselves...? I'm quite torn.

My point is...is I didn't read your thread very considerately. But I think you are all N my friend.

I don't know Mal's test and what he is measuring...but every type following ESFP is an iNtuit. I just think a social 7 with some serious 2 will seem very Se...and in your case...ESFP. That's all :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There was a member in the No Makeup thread that...after seeing a few of our gorgeous members without their cake... indicated they didn't feel very attractive anymore (or something along those lines...) Soooo I have been preoccupied here trying to figure out if I want to post this one photo I just took of myself without my war-paint...where the bags under my eyes kinda make me look like I'm actually wearing glasses haha!!! How important is it for me to make this forumer feel better about themselves...? I'm quite torn.

Post it! You got nothing to lose unless you consider my cheesy compliments a loss. But I guarantee you they are not.

My point is...is I didn't read your thread very considerately. But I think you are all N my friend.

I don't know Mal's test and what he is measuring...but every type following ESFP is an iNtuit. I just think a social 7 with some serious 2 will seem very Se...and in your case...ESFP. That's all :)

Ooh interesting. I haven't considered that possibility. Why would social 7 + strong 2 fix show up as pseudo Se? :thinking:

Btdubs, I've missed you dearly friend. :hug:

Don't worry about the skimming, I do that all the time.

Starry

Post it! You got nothing to lose unless you consider my cheesy compliments a loss. But I guarantee you they are not.

Ooh interesting. I haven't considered that possibility. Why would social 7 + strong 2 fix show up as pseudo Se? :thinking:

Btdubs, I've missed you dearly friend. :hug:

Don't worry about the skimming, I do that all the time.

Time's up gotta go now <--Practicing my ESFP e7 so/sx persona.

No, I actually do need to go uff . I'll think of how to explain the above...and I'll think about posting me with my not-really-there-eyewear photo. I have missed you bright star. Actually you are more like a bright sun. I have missed you bright sun. Much love to you.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

To be honest I was just fucking with you when I said you might be S instead of N lol.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Gimme a little while to respond. :) I'm going through your post history because I haven't interacted with you extensively one-on-one.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
N imo

I have wet nailpolish on and can't really type nicely right now sorry! But that's my impression. 7 Ne/Se esp very EP can be very similar but you are all floaty sparkle fireworks and not daring action persuasiveness. Se has this feeling like the wind, potential energy, something just on the edge to tilt, the exhilaration of the crest of the wave-surge at the apex moment right before it crashes in, leaping wavecrest to wavecrest without missing a beat. Ne is a different energy, it spirals out opening to the night sky in dancing rhythms, circling and recircling as it loops. To me you seem more like that.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gimme a little while to respond. :) I'm going through your post history because I haven't interacted with you extensively one-on-one.

Okay! :yes:

N imo

I have wet nailpolish on and can't really type nicely right now sorry! But that's my impression. 7 Ne/Se esp very EP can be very similar but you are all floaty sparkle fireworks and not daring action persuasiveness. Se has this feeling like the wind, potential energy, something just on the edge to tilt, the exhilaration of the crest of the wave-surge at the apex moment right before it crashes in, leaping wavecrest to wavecrest without missing a beat. Ne is a different energy, it spirals out opening to the night sky in dancing rhythms, circling and recircling as it loops. To me you seem more like that.

Ahh, why are you so good at putting these types of auras into words? :heart: Thanks for your opinion dear!

S

Stansmith

Why is that? :thinking:

It's hard for me to really describe it....but when I read your posts, I always get the impression that your mind is expanding in all sorts of different directions (Ne), whereas SeNi users seem to think more...linearly. The few ESFPs on here aren't quite as expressive as you are, at least not in the form of text.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's hard for me to really describe it....but when I read your posts, I always get the impression that your mind is expanding in all sorts of different directions (Ne), whereas SeNi users seem to think more...linearly.

Oooh I see. I guess that's true, although the directions in that sense would stem from a more grounded framework - which is true for me. Thanks for your input. :)

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Okay, I went through your post history. Getting an ENFP notion from you, overall. However, I would guess that you have pretty well-developed sensing, which might account for your confusion. Feeling good about ENFP, though. That's going to be my vote.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, I went through your post history. Getting an ENFP notion from you, overall. However, I would guess that you have pretty well-developed sensing, which might account for your confusion. Feeling good about ENFP, though. That's going to be my vote.

Oooh I see. Anything specific post that lead you to that conclusion? Thanks!!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
N. as others have said, you seem more Ne/Si (Se users have a bit more edge/aggression to them)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
N. as others have said, you seem more Ne/Si (Se users have a bit more edge/aggression to them)

I see. Thanks boo! :smooch: What else about me seems Ne/Si?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ahh, why are you so good at putting these types of auras into words? :heart: Thanks for your opinion dear!

:heart:

Oooh I see. I guess that's true, although the directions in that sense would stem from a more grounded framework - which is true for me. Thanks for your input. :)

E7 does also account for some degree of practicality; 6 for some groundedness. You'll be a little more realistic and action-oriented than e4 or e9 ENFPs.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see. Thanks boo! :smooch: What else about me seems Ne/Si?

to be honest, it was more of a gut impression I have of you. on a more superficial level, your interests (mainly psychology related) seem more NF than the more physical interests typical of SPs.

if anything, I'm probably a better candidate for SFP than you are (I'm pretty sure I'm not, but I have a little more bite to me than a lot of NFPs)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't know you well enough but from what Ive seen you're ENFP 7.