• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of EFP is Chanaynay?

What is Chandler's type?

• Total voters
N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Do you have anything constructive to say too? No?... Then shut up.

ok.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Now praytell why you even doubt your N-ness? :D

Sometimes I think it'd be cool to be ESP. :hifive:

Anyway I'm done with this thread now. I managed to reel in Nico a little more which is good enough for me. I'm settling on ENFP 7w6 so/sx as my official type (not that I was really seriously questioning it - I just felt like I wanted to provide some closure to this thread).

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Sometimes I think it'd be cool to be ESP. :hifive:

Anyway I'm done with this thread now. I managed to reel in Nico a little more which is good enough for me. I'm settling on ENFP 7w6 so/sx as my official type (not that I was really seriously questioning it - I just felt like I wanted to provide some closure to this thread).

Starting to think you might be ESFP for real chan. : O

[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION], you too. ESFx.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] why do you feel you use Ne and not Se as your dom function?

I'm on call with people atm but I'm sure you could find it somewhere in this thread. :D

Gimme reasons why you think ESFP I wanna see you talk.

G

garbage

I voted ESFP before I read the thread, because that's how you seem to me. And then I saw that you were wanting N&D to provide reasons, and I replied because I don't really have any and am a bad person for weighing in without actual evidence

We're in the minority in the poll anyway, so it doesn't matter what I say :sadbanana:

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm on call with people atm but I'm sure you could find it somewhere in this thread. :D

Gimme reasons why you think ESFP I wanna see you talk.

I never show my work.

Does this mean you can't be a sensor? Can we still be friends?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See, I think of intuition as mental proclivity, not capability. It is the proclivity of intuitors to strive for more,to take things further, to obtain what is not had.

this is the best description of Ne i can recall. i feel like i've read it somewhere else too. Ne, being extroverted, is definitely about what "is". but what is sparks a million different ideas of possibilities for what could be. or how what is is connected to what else is, etc., etc.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait everyone on vent is saying ESFP now hold up

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
changing to ESFP for now to try it out

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I personally will never see you as anything other than ENFP.

If you're cought between Se and Ne, my only suggestion is to observe what your brain is always doing. Take a walk around around the neighborhood one day--something I've noticed about Sensors is that they NOTICE THINGS. In the physical environment. Like I was walking with an ISTJ guy one time, and he kept pointing things out to me--"hey, that building was built in the 1700s, you can tell by the buttressing and lattice work", "see how the trees are planted in rows? That's because the city planners blah blah" etc). He noticed everything, and it was then that I started realizing how lost in my own ideas I actually am.

As an Ne-dom, when I walk down the road, my attention is on my own ideas. What goes on around me may as well not exist, except as a potential for something else. ("hey, that building looks like a penis", "They should paint that tree pink, and then it would have pink flowers AND pink bark", "hey, this little thingy would make a great __________.") I struggle to finish my own thoughts, because new ones keep occuring to me. I imagine an Se-dom would have trouble finishing thoughts, because they're continually attracted to things in the environment.

Determine which your brain does.

Also I feel like I'm thinking I could be an s due to my experience of seeing so many fucking Ns on here I just can't understand how there aren't as many Ss since they're supposedly statistically more common.
About this. Yeah, there are many Ns, but Ns tend to be more interested in theories in general. This stuff attracts us, so there's sort of a feedback bias. S's can also be interested, of course, but for some reason, the material favors Intuitives.

Also, the stuff you wrote in the OP is not indicative of sensing in and of itself. I, too, am greatly moved by physical beauty and the natural world (I test as a Sensor on the MBTI actually), and really do notice things for their beauty and emotional resonance. It cuts through the Ne chattering, sometimes in surprising and humorous ways. Even if you're not Se-dom, you can still use that function to perceive the world.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Anyway, I'm getting off track here. I remember @AffirmativeAnxiety, [MENTION=18559]SophiaDeep[/MENTION], and [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] saying they saw me more as Se-dom although with no clear explanation why.

Cool, I don't even remember this.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're cought between Se and Ne, my only suggestion is to observe what your brain is always doing. Take a walk around around the neighborhood one day--something I've noticed about Sensors is that they NOTICE THINGS. In the physical environment. Like I was walking with an ISTJ guy one time, and he kept pointing things out to me--"hey, that building was built in the 1700s, you can tell by the buttressing and lattice work", "see how the trees are planted in rows? That's because the city planners blah blah" etc). He noticed everything, and it was then that I started realizing how lost in my own ideas I actually am.

As an Ne-dom, when I walk down the road, my attention is on my own ideas. What goes on around me may as well not exist, except as a potential for something else. ("hey, that building looks like a penis", "They should paint that tree pink, and then it would have pink flowers AND pink bark", "hey, this little thingy would make a great __________.") I struggle to finish my own thoughts, because new ones keep occuring to me. I imagine an Se-dom would have trouble finishing thoughts, because they're continually attracted to things in the environment.

Thank you for such a great description of Ne ;)

I used to struggle with understanding Ne after I realised I didn't know what Ne was. If I had someone tell me about this, I would have instantly understood ;)

Btw I don't really do what your ISTJ does. Main reason for that is that I simply don't verbalise what I see around myself. I see things and that's it, I don't name objects and events by default. Yes I may notice that a house was built in whatever style from whatever time period but I again don't verbalise. And I don't think about telling others about it either. I prefer to just keep looking.

Well your ISTJ has Si anyway, not Se... so maybe it's that.

About this. Yeah, there are many Ns, but Ns tend to be more interested in theories in general. This stuff attracts us, so there's sort of a feedback bias. S's can also be interested, of course, but for some reason, the material favors Intuitives.

I'll add I'm interested in theories to a degree. But if it involves speculation then that soon gets too much and then I must simplify things down. I strive to do that simplifying process in general anyway because I do see it as an elegant solution. It may take a while to reach the simplicity though if it's something complex that I first need to dive into and let the Ni in the background do the work :). It works best though if it can be done through experience, not just theory.

Also I prefer to do that separate from the attentiveness to environment. E.g. if I'm sitting over a book, I will be able to think about theory, focused. If I'm going around involved with something actively then I wouldn't feel too good doing that - theorizing - most of the time. It can only be done in the "downtime".

I don't know if this helps OP??

Also, the stuff you wrote in the OP is not indicative of sensing in and of itself. I, too, am greatly moved by physical beauty and the natural world (I test as a Sensor on the MBTI actually), and really do notice things for their beauty and emotional resonance. It cuts through the Ne chattering, sometimes in surprising and humorous ways. Even if you're not Se-dom, you can still use that function to perceive the world.

The official MBTI test? I test as N there because you're supposed to pick from a lot of word pairs based on which word is more "appealing" to you. And for some reason the N-ish ones are appealing to me. Note though that I did delve deep into the inferior in some life periods previously. So maybe I'm more integrated or something ? :p Hm, I would actually say I get moved by N like you get moved by S...

But I'll ask anyway; Why do you test S there? Is it the word pairs for you too or something else?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you for such a great description of Ne ;)

I used to struggle with understanding Ne after I realised I didn't know what Ne was. If I had someone tell me about this, I would have instantly understood ;)

You're welcome. I find some Ne descriptions odd at best--I don't even understand them. Stuff like "I entertain multiple possibilities while holding none of them true or false" and "the environment exists only as a potential for greater things" is not all that clear. I think the latter quote there means what I said it does in the above post, but again, it's not terribly comprehensible as is.

Btw I don't really do what your ISTJ does. Main reason for that is that I simply don't verbalise what I see around myself. I see things and that's it, I don't name objects and events by default. Yes I may notice that a house was built in whatever style from whatever time period but I again don't verbalise. And I don't think about telling others about it either. I prefer to just keep looking.

Well your ISTJ has Si anyway, not Se... so maybe it's that.
He's a 5w6 I think, and sort of sees it as his job to share knowledge. Also, I think the Si is prone to spouting off what reminds you of what--the Si users I know all do this, myself included. ("This field looks just like that one time in Columbus when I fell into an anthill and you bought me ice cream to make up for it".)

The official MBTI test? I test as N there because you're supposed to pick from a lot of word pairs based on which word is more "appealing" to you. And for some reason the N-ish ones are appealing to me. Note though that I did delve deep into the inferior in some life periods previously. So maybe I'm more integrated or something ? :p Hm, I would actually say I get moved by N like you get moved by S...

But I'll ask anyway; Why do you test S there? Is it the word pairs for you too or something else?
Lol, I test as ISTP on EVERY MBTI test, including the professional ones administered at work. I tend to emphasize things like "common sense", "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", "arts and crafts", and "things that are real" so that I wind up testing as S. I think it's E8 influenced more than it's got anything to do with my cognition. It's usually borderline with the N, though.

Also, my problem is that I think I remember facts and details really well and that I'm observant of the environment, because I'm more aware of the times I actually DO notice those things. I really had to observe myself before figuring out that I'm way out in left field like 95% of the time.

So I think those are the reasons I test as an S.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Actually there shouldn't be much confusion between Se and Ne. If you're an ENFP Se is your weakest function (I'm talking about the shadow functions of course) and vice versa. The one thing I noticed is that you are much more extraverted than the usual ENFP. I think
I have seen that you posted a test result which got you about 80% on extraversion, right?
So I'm more inclined to believe that you are an ESFP since the intuitive 7s also score only around 60% here.
But I won't vote since I don't know enough about you to make a judgement.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually there shouldn't be much confusion between Se and Ne. If you're an ENFP Se is your weakest function (I'm talking about the shadow functions of course) and vice versa. The one thing I noticed is that you are much more extraverted than the usual ENFP. I think
I have seen that you posted a test result which got you about 80% on extraversion, right?
So I'm more inclined to believe that you are an ESFP since the intuitive 7s also score only around 60% here.
But I won't vote since I don't know enough about you to make a judgement.

People always say this to point me to ESFP but it's also like I'm so/sx, triple positive (with a strong influence from 2), and just less ambiverted in general so I kind of stopped listening to that suggestion because there could be a lot of different reasons to explain my extroversion. :shrug: Also most of the ENFP 7s here are also usually sx/sp, so being social last could create a more withdrawn persona.

Thank you for the response by the way [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]. Could you explain why you see me as ENFP? :thinking: