• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To all bored MBTI fans and Socionics fans here, what's my type? :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Firstly, thanks for any help!

I'm going to go by MBTI official site, check myself against points of the short function definitions from there, just for the heck of it.

If you think that site sucks then do please offer a good JCF alternative. Do ask questions too to clarify function preferences / positions. I will say, I'm pretty sure on Se/Ni > Ne/Si. Not the rest, so I'm open to everything!

Let me know what your impression of my type is.

Extraverted Sensing: Acts on concrete data from here and now. Trusts the present, then lets it go. --> That works for me, though quite honestly it seems to me this is something the average person does a lot. Though, the second sentence "trust the present, then lets it go", may actually not be as trivial as I thought, hearing people talk about how to find this mindset. That's just strange to me, because, how do you do things in the present if your mind is wandering elsewhere? OK, apparently some people can function this way but I don't do it this way for sure. Mentally or physically I'm not incapable of thinking of something else while doing something but it's not my default and I don't like not being present if I'm doing something.

Introverted Sensing: Compares present facts and experiences to past experience. Trusts the past. Stores sensory data for future use. --> Foreign to me. If I'm here, then I'm here, I have no past and I don't need a past. I can go to such an extreme with this, if I'm asked what happened today, I will say nothing happened, simply because it's the past :)

Extraverted Intuition: Sees possibilities in the external world. Trusts flashes from the unconscious, which can then be shared with others. --> Some of that also works for me, the flashes from unconscious, sharing it sometimes with others, though by the time I would share, it doesn't seem so great an insight or it's hard to explain. I don't really otherwise analyse the external world in terms of possibilities. Otoh, I really do most of my insight generating stuff when talking to others or when reading certain stuff. Not when I'm just around living daily life.

Introverted Intuition: Looks at consistency of ideas and thoughts with an internal framework. Trusts flashes from the unconscious, which may be hard for others to understand. --> Maybe this is the kind of "unconscious flashes" I have yeah. Also, I have a very strong tendency to keep looking at such consistency. I can process lots of details while I keep looking for this on an unconscious level.

Extraverted Thinking: Seeks logic and consistency in the outside world. Concern for external laws and rules. --> I guess I can do this. Though, external laws... as long as they don't get in my way :) I can look quite irrational with not considering such things at times when others would. I can think too quickly too and that leaves me no time to consider these laws and rules in certain situations.

Introverted Thinking: Seeks internal consistency and logic of ideas. Trusts his or her internal framework, which may be difficult to explain to others. --> Quite honestly, I am not sure if I'm mixing this with Ni :) Or if I just do both.

Extraverted Feeling: Seeks harmony with and between people in the outside world. Interpersonal and cultural values are important. --> Sometimes I am really bad at doing the harmony thing :( I just feel like inciting conflict instead and will actually do so. (This may not be MBTI related.) Then sometimes it seems I'm really good with paying attention to the interpersonal harmony! It's so mood dependent for me.

Introverted Feeling: Seeks harmony of action and thoughts with personal values. May not always articulate those values. --> I certainly don't articulate such values. But I also don't think I try to find harmony in this way. No, definitely not something I can do well at all. On a conscious level, this is totally foreign to me.

A few lines copied from Enneagram thread, might be relevant to type:

OK a bit more info on me. I usually find myself doing two kinds of activities, either just being involved with whatever I enjoy doing atm or I'm doing something to get/acquire something/object/goal/challenge. I enjoy both.

I do the former because otherwise I would be bored, I do the latter because challenges make me feel alive and/or because I just want to have the whatever thing. I like focused tunnel vision, I can be acting pretty controlled then. Both ways of living can be pretty impulsive otherwise.

The "involved mode", it often includes talking to people, this is just for the interaction itself. I can spend a lot of time on this, too much time. The "challenge/get stuff" mode, that usually doesn't involve people much, at best they are objects in the way. Well or objects to interact with for a reason. I can be a real loner.

If I'm not involved and I'm not into challenge and/or into getting something, I guess it's just a pretty low energy mode, I'll just stare outside my head looking at stuff, perhaps have some thoughts here and there, no continuously flowing train of thought though. I can enjoy looking at stuff for a short time, otherwise this isn't my preferred way of being.

Hmm I also have a "wandering" instinctual mode where I go around, usually alone. Yep again being a loner with that. (If there was someone else with me, they'd have to be following me, not the other way around.) I enjoy this, so list it with preferred ways.

I guess most things about me fit into these categories.

...On second thought, I could add more, but I don't want to make this too long for now. :/

Well OK that's it for now, Socionics I will do if there's even anyone who analyses socionics types here... Let me know!

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]'s test:

ESTP 42
ISTP 42
ENTP 35
INFJ 34
ISTJ 34
ESTJ 33
ESFP 32
INTJ 28
ENTJ 26
INTP 25
ESFJ 23
ENFP 21
INFP 16
ISFJ 16
ENFJ 11
ISFP 11

...No type coming out really strong (max points is 70 for a type so 42 isn't a whole lot I think)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]'s test:

ESTP 42
ISTP 42
ENTP 35
INFJ 34
ISTJ 34
ESTJ 33
ESFP 32
INTJ 28
ENTJ 26
INTP 25
ESFJ 23
ENFP 21
INFP 16
ISFJ 16
ENFJ 11
ISFP 11

...No type coming out really strong (max points is 70 for a type so 42 isn't a whole lot I think)

Your is the first tie at the top I've seen yet. I gave it a scale of 0-10 in order to avoid ties, but your responses tended to bunch up in the middle while avoiding the 10s. Lots of 0s though.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your is the first tie at the top I've seen yet. I gave it a scale of 0-10 in order to avoid ties, but your responses tended to bunch up in the middle while avoiding the 10s. Lots of 0s though.

Ohh really I'm the first? Heh oh.

Yes, I don't tend to give max score for questions in tests, with only a few exceptions. That's because I don't see a lot about myself, my thinking and my behaviour, as very determined or how to put it. And I have only a few convictions about things relating to personality, most things I don't have very strong convictions about.

The lots of 0's, well it was when statements were really not applying to me because e.g. the reasoning in the statement was very much unlike my thinking. I guess I got more convictions about what I'm not like, heh.

Otherwise, that tie actually makes sense because when considering those two types, I couldn't really choose. I've considered a couple other types as well, though.

I guess it's also telling that almost all F types are at the bottom part of the list... Why not INFJ, I don't know. :) Do you measure functions or just dichotomies in the test?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohh really I'm the first? Heh oh.

Yes, I don't tend to give max score for questions in tests, with only a few exceptions. That's because I don't see a lot about myself, my thinking and my behaviour, as very determined or how to put it. And I have only a few convictions about things relating to personality, most things I don't have very strong convictions about.

The lots of 0's, well it was when statements were really not applying to me because e.g. the reasoning in the statement was very much unlike my thinking. I guess I got more convictions about what I'm not like, heh.

Otherwise, that tie actually makes sense because when considering those two types, I couldn't really choose. I've considered a couple other types as well, though.

I guess it's also telling that almost all F types are at the bottom part of the list... Why not INFJ, I don't know. :) Do you measure functions or just dichotomies in the test?

It isn't about functions or dichotomies.
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-mbti-type/65667-my-mbti-personality-test.html

The only reason to know why your INFJ was so high is to look at your results.
Your highest INFJ response was on number 17
17. I have an internal picture of how I would like my work to contribute to the general good.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Right, I see now. Well that approach is interesting because I don't feel I fit any trait based type description that terribly well.

The only reason to know why your INFJ was so high is to look at your results.
Your highest INFJ response was on number 17
17. I have an internal picture of how I would like my work to contribute to the general good.

Ah, that one, yes. I don't actually have a very refined or detailed internal picture of that but I do feel much better if I do have some sort of purpose for the work I'm doing and I usually do have at least a rudimentary idea of how it would contribute to people's good. By that I mean; at the minimum I can clearly see the end result of what my work would do, just I don't spend much time on whatever details I could be imagining about it, I don't spend time in imagination that much, or if I do, it's not to do with real world, not to do with goals etc.

Though, the question is, what does "good" mean here? I didn't mean it in an ethical sense, I just mean it in the sense of helping people, being useful, making things possible that weren't possible before and so on. The details I will see when focusing on such purposes isn't humanitarian stuff, it's more technical things. Does this make sense?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

Another question, which type is this one? "I expect that, with a proper foundation, my love relationship can survive the down times, and I expect my significant other to believe the same way as I do."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

Another question, which type is this one? "I expect that, with a proper foundation, my love relationship can survive the down times, and I expect my significant other to believe the same way as I do."

ESTJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right, I see now. Well that approach is interesting because I don't feel I fit any trait based type description that terribly well.

Ah, that one, yes. I don't actually have a very refined or detailed internal picture of that but I do feel much better if I do have some sort of purpose for the work I'm doing and I usually do have at least a rudimentary idea of how it would contribute to people's good. By that I mean; at the minimum I can clearly see the end result of what my work would do, just I don't spend much time on whatever details I could be imagining about it, I don't spend time in imagination that much, or if I do, it's not to do with real world, not to do with goals etc.

Though, the question is, what does "good" mean here? I didn't mean it in an ethical sense, I just mean it in the sense of helping people, being useful, making things possible that weren't possible before and so on. The details I will see when focusing on such purposes isn't humanitarian stuff, it's more technical things. Does this make sense?

It means "general well-being." But it does have a humanitarian intent.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

OK, and down times, what does that mean exactly? I interpreted that as life difficulties but maybe I got that wrong

It means "general well-being." But it does have a humanitarian intent.

Ah well, I'm not that typical humanitarian type, but I guess my approach and intent can loosely fit into that definition.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please help :eek:

OK, checked out the sticky.

J/P -- Judging/Perceiving. Judging types don't always carry gavels. If you're a Judging type, that means you're diligent, focused, organized, driven, and anal-retentive. If you're a Perceiving type, that means you're sloppy, disorganized, unmotivated, indecisive, and happy-go-lucky. Those with strong Judging preferences were never really youthful, and those with strong Perceiving preferences never really grow up.

Well, I'm focused, driven and I can be anal-retentive to an extent.

I'm not a 100% perfectionist though... but I'm usually quite precise with work and prefer it that way. Then, in other things, where it doesn't matter and I just don't care, I can be sloppy, e.g. when making dinner, I'm a lot more sloppy.

My life style is disorganized, my work style is somewhat more organized. Though I'm more precise than organized.

I like to be motivated, like to have goals, and I like being in the state after having made a decision. I like having decided on something, basically. But, in some things, I can take a while to decide, need information. With simpler decisions, I can be quick, like, what to eat for dinner or where to go for dinner, this sort of thing, I can easily and quickly decide and don't like changing it because it's something I want and I don't change my "wanting" that easily. In bigger things I'm more indecisive and take my time.

Oh and I like planning for concrete things, like, plan a day out with tasks needing to be sorted, but I also like to change plans to adapt to circumstances, I find that pretty fun and my day usually ends up a bit different than planned, though I do get stuff sorted. Sooner or later. :p There was this MBTI video once about J/P, where the task is organize things in the cupboard at home, shower and go to a meeting. The J will make a plan and will just carry it out, e.g.: do the cupboard job, do the shower and leave in time for the meeting. The P starts with the cupboard and then will notice something else and so will start doing something else. At the end the P might still have time to get a really quick shower in or maybe will skip the shower altogether and then get to the meeting maybe a few minutes late and finish the cupboard job after the meeting. That's more me. :)

Happy-go-lucky: god, yes, I am. But I do need some sort of general direction in life, some purpose. Just don't focus on that so much by default. Takes me more effort to do so.

Right I will never grow up! :p :p

See, I am not really sure about this J/P thing. I will say socionics makes more sense here than MBTI o_O

E/I -- Extraversion/Introversion. Extraverts are the cool, social people who go to all the parties, and impress people. Introverts are the misunderstood nerds who sit at home reading and surfing the Internet all day. As you might have guessed, most of us are Introverts. So please take some pity and speak to us poor, pasty-faced nerds who pine away in front of our monitors?

...Eh, I don't like to be a nerd too much. I do have a nerd streak but I have other things about me as well. I like going out but I don't go to parties that much...

Crappy E/I def here I think :D

T/F -- Thinking/Feeling. Feeling types are compassionate, sensitive people who put the happiness of people first. Thinking type are very logical, independent, accomplished, and know how to do things. However, you could also say Thinking types are heartless, arrogant jerks who treat people like machines, and Feeling types are insipid, dependent, conflict-avoiding basket cases.

People == objects! Conflict == fun! (Is this really MBTI though and not Enneagram?)

Anyway, I've been seen as very kind and as very arrogant as well. The latter even if I wasn't being arrogant.

I think a common thread though is the analysing streak, this gets noticed by people if I talk enough. Though IRL I'm not really analytical and I don't talk as much either. So I'm either very analytical or I'm very "un-analytical". Depends on the circumstances, e.g. if I'm not doing anything, just sitting then I'm analysing sure. Or maybe I make up a fun story, more emotional stuff than analytical. Really psychological stories as well, not really what a stereotypical T type would do, I'm afraid. The analysing itself, maybe it isn't all Ti/Te either, who knows.

I've been seen as arrogant probably because 1) I often wasn't being talkative with people in certain situations 2) having arguments is way of life in my online and offline line as well, really not worried about harmony in those situations.

I can get really concerned about harmony between people though if I see people arguing over whatever, as long as it isn't just debating about a theoretical topic, because that's fine IMO. I will sometimes step in and try to fix the harmony then though I'm not sure how successfully. I also sometimes like to talk psychology to help people. I can be really attentive with that. I also did a tech support job a while ago and I was really helpful, patient and attentive and flexible in trying to meet people's needs. I was almost a real diplomat there really with all that patience. Never in other areas in my life though.

S/N -- Sensing/Intuition. Sensing types are practical, no-nonsense people when it comes to dealing with things. They are well attuned to the world around them, and know how to deal with it. Intuitive types are creative, insightful people who have an advantage in Science, Philosophy, Psychology, and Poetry. In pretty much everything else and everyday life, however, Sensors excel and surpass Intuitives. So if we seem critical of Sensors, know it's out of jealousy, fear, and bitterness, and don't take it personally.

I do not like to think of myself as a "no-nonsense" person. (Socionics attributes this to something other than S/N though :eek: ) I'm ok with being practical but I think there's more to life than just doing this "no-nonsense" living of it. Don't ask me though what's this "more" thing, it's hard to express it especially in any refined way. It's the kind of thoughts I often prefer to keep to myself in most situations.

I'm attuned to the world like the average person would be, I think. Not better, not worse. Just a fact of life...

My creativity? I would fail big in typical creativity tests but I've created things and I like myself this way, that I have the capability to do original things. But, I do creativity out of IQ, insights don't come all the time to me, not at will either, though they do come up here and there and I like them. Sometimes they are late by years coming to me though :)

Never had a problem with science, philosophy, psychology. Well, for the latter two, I first had to read a lot and get used to that kind of thinking. As a kid I had no idea for sure. But I have a strong interest in all this now. Hmm, I only like certain things in poetry, pretty picky there. As a kid I was already able to appreciate some poetry, I don't think I changed there, that came more from instinct than the ability to deal with psychology or philosophy. Though I always had a certain mindset for certain psychology things even as a kid.

Where I excelled most in middle and high school compared to the other students, without practicing any of it: mathematics and endurance sports. I was best in both. Well and some science, chemistry specifically, I had the greatest results in chemistry, better results in competition than with mathematics because I had one weaker spot in the latter (maybe fixed since then). So in chemistry I was best in the entire district and beyond. Though I wonder where I would have got with sports, I never really tried competing there beyond school level, I didn't have a coach who'd have cared enough to have me train regularly :(. Otoh, my chemistry teacher was happy to spend a few hours on giving me extra lessons. Meh.

Everyday life, I can't say I'm more adept at things than the average person, though I can be pretty goddamn good in one thing: getting what I want. Got the confidence to go with that as well.

Ni -- Introverted Intuition (not Nickel, which I know is what you thought). Allows you to see ideas from different perspectives, as well as have unusual insights or hunches that are often useful. And for the last time, it does NOT make you psychic (normally).

I didn't think of Nickel.

I'm not psychic, at all.

I do have insights. I like 'em! I like to get carried away! Hunches, I have that only for stuff like navigation and mathematics and I do trust them strongly there. I do navigation without knowing any conscious sensory details. I do math solutions without having to consider concrete steps mechanically, I just let the unconscious do the work. I don't have hunches for most other life areas or I don't notice them. Well, maybe I do have some hunches dealing with people. Like, who to trust with what etc. but I don't even think about that, it's naturally and inconspicuously interwoven with everything else going on.

Ne -- Extraverted Intuition. It thinks it's less of a nerd than Introverted Intuition. Kidding aside, this allows you to see patterns and connections in theories, see several possibilities in a situation, and make an annoying number of puns and play-on words.

No no no and no.

And Ne is more a nerd than Ni in the wrong way. :p

Actually, I can see connections and patterns but I think they're strictly of logical nature. Very narrow view on sensible connections, strict logical rules, anything else is not allowed/accepted, is ignored, not even noticed really. That's just a fancy way of saying I'm not good at generating senseless possibilities and very much not interested in them either

Fe -- Extraverted Feeling. Hello everyone, this is the function that observes commonly held social rules and pleasantries, and is very concerned with the welfare of the group. If you don't have this function, then you're a rude person, and I don't want to be seen with you.

Fuck those social rules... :p Actually, I try to pay attention sometimes, I can be pretty inconsistent though with explicit social rules. It's so situation dependent, it's embarrassing. Pain in the ass. What works much better is instinctively getting in sync with people. That is okay and I'm totally fine with that.

I can be rude yeah, when I fail to observe the etiquette voicing my opinion in a blunt style. I can also be rude when I don't think of paying attention to other people's needs and whatnot, which happens way too easily. Esp if I'm trying to get something for myself. If I'm explicitly told I will probably care more. Otherwise I don't really like the idea of being rude that much. I try to carefully choose words to avoid hurting people in certain situations.

Fi -- Introverted Feeling. Very shy, deeply held values based on an internal sense of good and evil. Introverted Feelers are often lost in the depth of their own emotion, and have trouble expressing those emotions outwardly. If you've read Shakespeare or Milton, you may have seen Fi. (Notice I didn't joke about them, because they're SO sensitive.)

I'm not usually emotional but if I'm in the right mood, I like getting lost in intensity of emotion and it can happen that I can't or will not express these. Usually will not because it would look weird to others IMO. Does intensity of emotion equal depth of emotion though???

I can express emotions in general alright though. I don't have good control over expressing certain negative emotions.

Otherwise, no, no, no, no such thing as "good" and "evil" ;P

Ti -- Introverted Thinking. Introverted thinking is always trying to uncover the specific rules that govern a system, and typically sees everything as a system. So basically, Ti nitpicks and criticizes everything from social conventions to grammar to government policies, and is fairly anti-social.

Yes, I easily nitpick, criticize arguments and theories, I get really anti-social doing this. Rude, arrogant, whatnot. Yes, I do like seeing things inside the framework of the right system.

When I just go around with life, I don't do any of this though. When getting "in sync" with people, I again don't really do this, or if I do, I don't express criticism so readily in that mode - though it can surface here and there and make me switch modes and then ruin some things with people. I am so good at ruining that harmony thingie but I can't help it when I am in the "mode" of having opinions* and thus wanting to express my opinions.

*: Not always in that mode, not always having/generating opinions.

Te -- Extraverted Thinking. "Hey, work faster, you slacker! You're losing us time and money!" Extraverted Thinking is a blunt function that is results-oriented, much like that angry boss. Extraverted Thinking follows rules to the letter, and uses the most efficient procedure known to work that will get the job done.

I couldn't care less about who's doing what how. Results are important though. But if I need to spend too much time thinking about what the most efficient procedure is like, I will just sort the task by force instead of efficiency. Impatience. I like to be fast very much but I don't need to spend too much time figuring out procedures for that. While doing the thing, I may figure out a system though, gradually.

Se -- Extraverted Sensing. This is basically paying attention to what goes on around you, and living the moment. You use this if you like to burn yourself on a hot stove, run laps, ride a bike, go swimming, etc. If you want to use it right now, pay attention to what's going on around you at the moment. Don't try to connect it with anything, or think about what it means, what went before, or what's coming after. Just watch and experience. Let go of your mind. Side effects may include lack of forethought, and overindulgence. This is also what causes you to eat that box of chocolates instead of sticking to your diet, or finish watching that TV program instead of shutting it off and going back to work/bed. Now you can just say, "That was Se's fault, not mine!"

No, I don't like to burn myself for no reason. NOT A MASOCHIST. :p

It's the easiest thing in the world to NOT connect things with other things. Just simply watching though can get boring after a while. I will do something like wander off going around, find a new scene or something. Or if that's not an option then I will "wander off" into my mind. Temporarily anyway, I will still look outside here and there, kind of being on a watch that needs to stay alive. I will not necessarily try to enter an interaction instead of wandering off but this depends. The problem is, such interaction, if it's with people, can require verbal communication, the latter I always sucked at... I used to be more active with these as a kid, didn't need to talk so much with other kids, we were just playing or doing whatever stuff so it was fine. So, I do enjoy interaction very much if I don't need to talk too much or if I do need to talk, it should not be about giving too long talks at once or listening to a long one either.

It's also the easiest thing in the world not thinking and just be overindulgent yeah. Though if I have a goal, I will stick to whatever I need to do to get there. So whatever... I just need the strong motivation for it and I really enjoy having that. And that's quite the opposite of overindulging without any self-discipline. Sure overindulgence is also enjoyable but it's a very different kind of enjoyment.

Si -- Introverted Sensing. Very routine, habitual, and boring. It's based on a desire to do things the way they've always been done... day after day, year after year, century after century. Obviously, people with this function dislike change. They accept things without question, and preserve what's familiar, and often try to align things with their internal idea of what things are supposed to be like, garnered from early experiences. But the plus side is, they have good memories, and are very organized and conscientious people. If you want something done a certain way with no questions asked, they are your best resource.

*YAWN* Fuck no. My habits change on their own without me trying. I don't often try to change things just for change's sake nor for novelty's sake, though. It's just that one habit dies on its own and I'll do the routine in a different way instead. Not a conscious thing for me, this change.

I sometimes like to remember memories. Stress may temporarily make me want to be in the past more when things used to be good. Though that's only one way of how stress can manifest so this is by no means a way to type me...

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've typed enough, I hope someone finds it interesting enough and wants to analyse a bit. I hope I'm not a too simple and boring case ;p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, and down times, what does that mean exactly? I interpreted that as life difficulties but maybe I got that wrong

Any down times that typically have a bad effect on a relationship, such as infidelity or financial problems.

Ah well, I'm not that typical humanitarian type, but I guess my approach and intent can loosely fit into that definition.

So you agree that your INFJ score should be somewhat in the high category?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any down times that typically have a bad effect on a relationship, such as infidelity or financial problems.

Ah, I meant down times more generally but those can fit in there too, sure. Financial problems in particular aren't a relationship problem anyway, infidelity is specifically a relationship problem, I was thinking more about the first category, but it's still ok.

So you agree that your INFJ score should be somewhat in the high category?

Uh, in that test, maybe, otherwise, I don't know to be honest, but if you read my posts in this thread about how I am and it seems INFJ-ish to you, do let me know. :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] I answered your test question here, see how well this works. :) If you're interested, please do check out posts in my thread :)

...so your T/F question:

If you were extremely hungry and had a sandwich while walking down the road and saw a homeless man who hasn't eaten in weeks, and he asks if you had any food to spare him, would you give him the sandwich? (assuming that you cannot tear the sandwich in half or tear pieces off)

My answer: ok, I assume I really like the sandwich, in that case, I wouldn't be too happy to give him the entire sandwich. If I don't really care about the sandwich (I can be picky even when hungry), I wouldn't mind so much giving it to him. I don't really have principles dictating that I should give the sandwich to him, so yeah that's how I would be with this... :/
Also, "hasn't eaten for weeks", nice dramatic expression but you just wanted to say the guy is just as "extremely hungry" as I am, right?

Not sure why you originally mentioned that it's better not being Fi dom/aux for this test question to decide T/F, mind telling me?

PS: I find there is one letter in Big Five that changes for me depending on which Big 5 test I do. :eek: (No it's not the T/F)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, I meant down times more generally but those can fit in there too, sure. Financial problems in particular aren't a relationship problem anyway, infidelity is specifically a relationship problem, I was thinking more about the first category, but it's still ok.

Actually, finances are a major stumbling-block in a relationship.
http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/7-relationship-problems-how-solve-them?page=2
"Money problems can start even before the wedding vows are exchanged. They can stem, for example, from the expenses of courtship or from the high cost of a wedding. The National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) recommends that couples who have money woes take a deep breath and have a serious conversation about finances."

Uh, in that test, maybe, otherwise, I don't know to be honest, but if you read my posts in this thread about how I am and it seems INFJ-ish to you, do let me know. :)

It doesn't.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, finances are a major stumbling-block in a relationship.
http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/7-relationship-problems-how-solve-them?page=2
"Money problems can start even before the wedding vows are exchanged. They can stem, for example, from the expenses of courtship or from the high cost of a wedding. The National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) recommends that couples who have money woes take a deep breath and have a serious conversation about finances."

Yeah, well, my mindset is different about that. I see financial problems as separate from the relationship itself.

It doesn't.

Ohh too bad haha :p Do I sound like any other type then?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh, was my stuff TL;DR?

Maybe this is an easier approach:

Please vote for a type of these four that you think would be my type: ISTP, ESTP, ESFP, ENTJ.

:D

Thanks to anyone looking :)

badger055

Permabanned
I get the ENTJ vibe from you. Here are some good indicators.

-if you think things out by talking to people and bouncing ideas
-gather as much information on something before doing it
-good at executing on stuff
-goal oriented
-no deep inner world then not ISTP (ENTJs have an outer world)

Also try this test it seems to be the most accurate. http://similarminds.com/embj.html

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get the ENTJ vibe from you. Here are some good indicators.

-if you think things out by talking to people and bouncing ideas
-gather as much information on something before doing it
-good at executing on stuff
-goal oriented
-no deep inner world then not ISTP (ENTJs have an outer world)

Also try this test it seems to be the most accurate. http://similarminds.com/embj.html

Sorry, I didn't notice someone actually posted! :p Thanks. :)

Well ENTJ is a possibility, sure.

As for your points:

1. Well, I can think things out on my own too. Yes I do keep up certain mental activity longer if I talk to others. But if it's about problem solving, I'm better off thinking on my own, well I can ask others for ideas, but otherwise it would just get in the way talking to others.
2. No, I don't gather much information on stuff before doing it. Where did you get that impression? I usually just start and figure out things later. :) I do feel like I'm starting "from nothing" but it's okay.
3. Yeah if I'm motivated. Is ISTP not good at this?
4. Same. Is ISTP never goal oriented?
5. I do have an inner world, but yes, the outer world as well, hmmm, this I or E question is actually pretty hard for me :/

What do you think? For you, was it obvious you were an introvert?