• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Settling This Once and For All

What's my type?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ISFP

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• Total voters

Jaguar

It's strange, my MBTI Journey went from ENTP (before I got on this forum or any forum) -> INTP -> INTJ -> INTP -> INFJ -> INTP -> INTJ -> INTP -> INFJ -> ENTP.
I am also preparing for my argument when Nights and Days and Hypatia find out I left INFJ, so this should be fun.

If you want to choose ENTP, at least take your Big 5 results out of your sig line so someone might actually buy what you're selling.

A score of 90 on conscientiousness would be consistent with the following:

I am always prepared.
I pay attention to details.
I get chores done right away.
I like order.
I follow a schedule.
I am exacting in my work.
I don't leave my belongings around.
I don't make a mess of things.
I don't usually forget to put things back in their proper place.
I don't shirk my duties.

Alea_iacta_est

If you want to choose ENTP, at least take your Big 5 results out of your sig line so someone might actually buy what you're selling.

A score of 90 on conscientiousness would be consistent with the following:

I am always prepared.
I pay attention to details.
I get chores done right away.
I like order.
I follow a schedule.
I am exacting in my work.
I don't leave my belongings around.
I don't make a mess of things.
I don't usually forget to put things back in their proper place.
I don't shirk my duties.

Yeah I have no idea why my conscientious is that high, I think its a fault with the test. I scored really low on the subcategories orderliness and dutifulness but scored extremely high on self-efficacy, achievement-striving (but not really detail oriented), and cautious, oh and self-discipline.

Last edited:
N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION]

Do you relate to this man?

414px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1989-0821-502%2C_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION], Considering the fact that I'm ethnically Jewish and Polish, fuck no.

G

garbage

so I figure let's hear what the majority of people think, and I will retype to whatever the majority thinks.
Haha, I've employed this tactic, too. It still plays a large part into how I'd peg myself, because.. well, I wouldn't bother otherwise.

I read the responses in this thread with interest, since consensus here has also pegged me as ENTP, INFJ, ENFP, and ENFJ at different points in time. Current consensus is ENFJ. Makes sense from a behavioral standpoint. But from a function-based standpoint, Ti-inferior would make no damn sense at all; I relate much less to any Si description on the planet.

Find out what you suck hardcore at. That might help.

My vote so far is ENTP for you. But then, based on my own experiences with others' perception, I hesitate to make a vote with certainty. :popc1:

Alea_iacta_est

Haha, I've employed this tactic, too. It still plays a large part into how I'd peg myself, because.. well, I wouldn't bother otherwise.

I read the responses in this thread with interest, since consensus here has also pegged me as ENTP, INFJ, ENFP, and ENFJ at different points in time. Current consensus is ENFJ. Makes sense from a behavioral standpoint. But from a function-based standpoint, Ti-inferior would make no damn sense at all; I relate much less to any Si description on the planet.

Find out what you suck hardcore at. That might help.

My vote so far is ENTP for you. But then, based on my own experiences with others' perception, I hesitate to make a vote with certainty. :popc1:

Yeah I don't really understand Si that well either, when I think of it, I think of some shell-shocked Vietnam veteran having a PTSD flashback.

I think what is killing me is the fact that I can be extremely outgoing, but that isn't my normal personality, which is more secluded and much more hermit-like, and the fact that Ni is lurking in the background doing its weird thing where it is acting stronger than Ne. I'm beginning to think I'm a deeply shadow-functioned ENTP (to INTJ)

G

garbage

Yeah I don't really understand Si that well either, when I think of it, I think of some shell-shocked Vietnam veteran having a PTSD flashback.
Yeah. That or some sort of housewife, down on her knees cleaning tile floor with a toothbrush. Or a dude quietly organizing his shelves? I dunno. Whatever, we could toss in OCD, another acronymed personality disorder, into the Si pot.
I think what is killing me is the fact that I can be extremely outgoing, but that isn't my normal personality, which is more secluded and much more hermit-like, and the fact that Ni is lurking in the background doing its weird thing where it is acting stronger than Ne. I'm beginning to think I'm a deeply shadow-functioned ENTP (to INTJ)
Many people identify pretty well with both their dominant function and the function with the opposite attitude (say, Ne and Ni). I think that'd hold true for those who don't see themselves as particularly introverted or extroverted. I mean, that'd make sense, right?

Also from a theoretical standpoint, it's not impossible to identify with some traits of the tertiary pretty strongly, too (so, an ENTP's Fe or INFJ's Ti). I'd like to think of it as an ability to kick life in the testicles with a pretty balanced personality.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm beginning to think I'm a deeply shadow-functioned ENTP (to INTJ)

Si is your shadow function (assuming you're ENTP). Your shadow would be ISFJ, not INTJ.

Edit: We might not be on the same page shadow-wise. Lol.

Alea_iacta_est

Si is your shadow function (assuming you're ENTP). Your shadow would be ISFJ, not INTJ.

One of the other shadow type theories say ENTP to INTJ and vice versa, but I don't know if that's true or not. Si isn't a shadow function for ENTP, it's the inf. slot.

So it looks like I'm either a:
ENTP with weak Ne that is conflicting with Ni, strong Ti, moderate Fe, and invisible Si
INTJ with moderate Ni, Undedeveloped Te, moderate Fi, and idfk for Se
INFJ with moderate Ni, Unconscious and underdeveloped Fe, hyper-strong Ti, and idfk for Se
ENFJ with highly underdeveloped and unconscious Fe, strong Ni, idfk Se, and a hyper-strong powerhouse Ti for inf
or
INTP with strong Ti, moderate Ne that is conflicting with Ni, invisible Si, and unconscious Fe.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

One of the other shadow type theories say ENTP to INTJ and vice versa, but I don't know if that's true or not. Si isn't a shadow function for ENTP, it's the inf. slot.

So it looks like I'm either a:
ENTP with weak Ne that is conflicting with Ni, strong Ti, moderate Fe, and invisible Si
INTJ with moderate Ni, Undedeveloped Te, moderate Fi, and idfk for Se
INFJ with moderate Ni, Unconscious and underdeveloped Fe, hyper-strong Ti, and idfk for Se
ENFJ with highly underdeveloped and unconscious Fe, strong Ni, idfk Se, and a hyper-strong powerhouse Ti for inf
or
INTP with strong Ti, moderate Ne that is conflicting with Ni, invisible Si, and unconscious Fe.

ENFJ 3

Also, a wee forest sprite once told me, "Fe can be used to manipulate just as easily as it can be used to accommodate." ;)

Alea_iacta_est

I've just found a bit of a curiosity searching the internet about various different types, including the ENFJ [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION].

One conclusion I've noted from my studies: The difference between Fe and Fi is that Fe seeks external validation to prove that the user is successful/good/whatever (grandiosity akin to Narcissistic egocentrics) , while Fi seeks internal validation to prove that the user is successful/good/whatever (grandiosity akin to Psychopathic egocentrics). Through this, I have realized that my sense of self worth is actually internally based rather than externally based, and that my sensitivity to criticism is not a manifestation of Fe, but a manifestation of anger, that someone would dare call me wrong or criticize anything about me when I have such a high pedestal for myself in my own mind.

But Fe would explain my chameleon behavior though, right? No. This is actually the product of a very so/sx ENTJ mother that learned how to play the games of Fe from an early age to survive (literally). My mother raised me to appeal to people, to learn the game of social structure and play it well so that I could further my placement in society when the time might arise. Naturally, being the socially awkward Ni dom child I was, I began to build a framework of how people played the game of society and learned the social game through mimicking extroverted people in real life, and witty, extroverted protagonists in movies, and adding that mimicry to the framework to see how the game works in my mind. Through this, I learned how to make friends easily by feigning interest in their lives and by feigning warmth in order to appeal to people in order to build myself up socially.

Now, considering the fact that I had the feigning interest and warmth to my advantage, I built myself a persona to entertain people for longer. This persona would be like the characters in the movies: witty, sociable, friendly, and comical. I learned how to make people laugh easily through the use of spontaneous utterances that somehow made sense and were incredibly witty (sound anything like an ENTP?). It may have also helped that I was being raised to the motivations of a Type 3, which is linked to social chameleon-ism like Type 9.

Over the past couple years, this persona (and the other few I developed for different people) began to feel absurd, unauthentic, and empty, which was mostly due to the fact that my tertiary function was developing, Fi. Fi wants to build a strong identity, and it tries to accomplish this by cultivating emotions into an intense, reckoning force that will define who I am, what my values are, and what my drive is, and began pushing myself to attempt ushering my true personality into the real world, which I slowly did by phasing out my outside persona(s) with my close friends but still keeping it up when I'm around people I don't know, and don't trust (coming back to this in a minute). Fi provided confidence in my own hidden identity.

Now, given this dominant and this tertiary, there is only one type that fits those, but there is something missing, where is Te? Te is underdeveloped and trying desperately to keep up with my new-founded Ni-Fi loop, but at the same time is being put down by its shadow, Ti, due to pressure being placed on my math/science department from an incredibly hard class (that's all the details you're getting), forcing me to figure out how something works according to my own logic rather than objective logic in order to keep ahead of the game (Math being the mascot for Ti).

The Ni-Fi loop actually explains much in my life, from the delusions of grandiosity and superiority to a pseudo-paranoia of everyone and their motives. Now, assuming that this information is all correct and logical, then that means that I must develop Te to get out of this and begin returning to a more healthy state. So I'll start by gathering as much information as I can, I need several opinions, thoughts, and comments on this.

As for the ENFJ, I don't actually use Fe so much as I do feign it, and even then it is nowhere close to being the dominant function. Through various theorems concerning Shadow functions compared to the preferred functions, developing the preferred function also unconsciously develops your shadow function, meaning that Ti would be just as strong as Te, and since I am using Ti pretty powerfully lately (so there is no way in hell that Ti would be in the inferior slot, usually the place for repressed and unconscious functions), Te must have close to the same amount of development, but it is trapped due to the Ni-Fi loop that is self-validating rather than looking externally for evidence like I should be doing.

Current theory: INTJ 3w4, will back down if proven otherwise, but Fi is saying I'm on the right track.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] has to say about this, since she is familiar with this combo.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ehhh...thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm not really confident yet to say which type he is as I don't know him that well yet.

Fwiw, the OP does have a sharpness and a display of arrogance/confidence about him that suggests T for sure and the 'entertainment' factor he is experiencing might very well be explained by the sx-dom - it tends to do the whole mating dance display. Add to that the need for approval provided by enneagram 3 as well as the drive for success that breed has and well... :alttongue:
The tone of the text suggests TJ over TP, likely early twenties at most. Though he says he does not see the Te, he...seems to radiate it, to me, in this post. The structure, organisation and decision-making process looks very Te-Ni, and the 'I'-talk is indicative of a still developing Fi. Could be ENTJ - he has a strong enough bulldozer type presence for it and enough of a 'no bullshit' effect. Se could also aid in the whole 'persona' he created as it tends to do body language well.

I'd have to play some more with him though to confirm INTJ for sure :coffee:

Take it with a bucket of salt.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*goes to the shed to fetch the shovel* I think I need to add some beefy mince.

Anyhow, since you DO know INTJ 3, I thought you could perhaps identify similarities, if there was to be any, [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION].

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*goes to the shed to fetch the shovel* I think I need to add some beefy mince.

Anyhow, since you DO know INTJ 3, I thought you could perhaps identify similarities, if there was to be any, [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION].

:laugh: Dude, Im not an Ni-user. I'm lacking data atm! I haven't done my research on the OP yet so I cannot hand out an analysis on similarities or differences yet :p

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: Dude, Im not an Ni-user. I'm lacking data atm! I haven't done my research on the OP yet so I cannot hand out an analysis on similarities or differences yet :p

:puppy_dog_eyes: but you used Ni on your INTJ 3 when you had that conversation in your head and then remembered to include him... :tongue10:

Alea_iacta_est

Ehhh...thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm not really confident yet to say which type he is as I don't know him that well yet.

Fwiw, the OP does have a sharpness and a display of arrogance/confidence about him that suggests T for sure and the 'entertainment' factor he is experiencing might very well be explained by the sx-dom - it tends to do the whole mating dance display. Add to that the need for approval provided by enneagram 3 as well as the drive for success that breed has and well... :alttongue:
The tone of the text suggests TJ over TP, likely early twenties at most. Though he says he does not see the Te, he...seems to radiate it, to me, in this post. The structure, organisation and decision-making process looks very Te-Ni, and the 'I'-talk is indicative of a still developing Fi. Could be ENTJ - he has a strong enough bulldozer type presence for it and enough of a 'no bullshit' effect. Se could also aid in the whole 'persona' he created as it tends to do body language well.

I'd have to play some more with him though to confirm INTJ for sure :coffee:

Take it with a bucket of salt.

Thank you for your input. I don't think I am old enough to start developing Fi if I were an ENTJ, unless I somehow accelerated my function growth earlier.

I don't think I've started developing Se just yet, because whenever I try to openly engage with the outside world, I do it for like a few minutes and then my mind pulls me back in with enticing problems, thoughts, and simulations to contemplate.

I didn't even realize I radiated Te, how odd, I always thought I had a stronger Ti somehow.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
if you were an introvert you'd have some kind of a type figured out on your own.