• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hi! Trying to figure out if 9w1 7w6 2w3 so/sx or 7w6 9w1 2w3. so/sx

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:smile: Hi, I originally made a thread in personality cafe as Pinkieshyrose.(I forgot to use that forum name here.) But I wanted to try here as-well and see if anyone can help me figure out which one is truly dominant. I believe it best by asking questions since both types are similar. Thank you for whoever helps...:smile:

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
uumm hey there.

How do you deal with things you don't like? How do you deal with the annoying details of life (whatever they may be for you)?

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
uumm hey there.

How do you deal with things you don't like? How do you deal with the annoying details of life (whatever they may be for you)?

Thank you for responding. It depends.

1. Homework = Avoid it or try to make or find some weird technique(Never works and still a work in process.) in order too make it fun.
I can be forced in order too do it as-well.

2.Things annoying with friends...=Just go with the flow a bit(Though I don't like that catchphrase.) and be re-silent. It only bothers me a little like a prick. So ill just continue.

3. My brain being annoying. Try to wrestle emotionally with it a bit. Normally some of my emotions that wont let up or seem weird I try to combat by trying to stimulate happier emotions or trying to say this probably isn't true or this will work...

4.I also just might put up with something... or just react a bit in order to let the emotion out normally by uttering what I feel.

Oh also daydreaming.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Thank you for responding. It depends.

1. Homework = Avoid it or try to make or find some weird technique(Never works and still a work in process.) in order too make it fun.
I can be forced in order too do it as-well.

2.Things annoying with friends...=Just go with the flow a bit(Though I don't like that catchphrase.) and be re-silent. It only bothers me a little like a prick. So ill just continue.

3. My brain being annoying. Try to wrestle emotionally with it a bit. Normally some of my emotions that wont let up or seem weird I try to combat by trying to stimulate happier emotions or trying to say this probably isn't true or this will work...

4.I also just might put up with something... or just react a bit in order to let the emotion out normally by uttering what I feel.

Oh also daydreaming.

Ok. So what do you fear the most, not being stimulated and the fear of not doing what you'd like? Or do you simply want a calm, peaceful existence and not have to worry about negative things that can come up?

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok. So what do you fear the most, not being stimulated and the fear of not doing what you'd like? Or do you simply want a calm, peaceful existence and not have to worry about negative things that can come up?

I would guess it would be the fear of not doing what I like though the fear not being stimulated is not really a fear of mine though I used to fear myself lacking energy.
I really do not care about having a calm peaceful existence though I really peace and calm. But I really have accepted negative things happening it not a fear... or not being peaceful or calm.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ayyyy

edit: god i'm so lazy with my posts these days. i relate to your 1st and 2nd answer and you sound 7w6>9w1 based on not caring as much about having a peaceful existence

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
....so it's sounding as if you'r seven is stronger than your nine? You don't care about keeping a steady, calm atmosphere, you say?

Do you consider yourself a calm person? It sounds as if you can ride waves pretty easily, but what happens when you're about to do something really cool and interesting to you, but all of a sudden something happens and you can't do it?

Edit:: I am glad that [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] is here to help you, the King of Sevens xDDDD

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ayyyy

edit: god i'm so lazy with my posts these days. i relate to your 1st and 2nd answer and you sound 7w6>9w1 based on not caring as much about having a peaceful existence

Ok. Oh cool your tritype is really similar too mine...:wubbie: You should be fun too talk too.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
....so it's sounding as if you'r seven is stronger than your nine? You don't care about keeping a steady, calm atmosphere, you say?

Do you consider yourself a calm person? It sounds as if you can ride waves pretty easily, but what happens when you're about to do something really cool and interesting to you, but all of a sudden something happens and you can't do it?

Edit:: I am glad that [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] is here to help you, the King of Sevens xDDDD

Yes.

Um, only sometimes some people would describe me as reactive but in all truth there is a calmness there is a internal calmness there that kind of makes my sometimes hyper nervous energy look very awkward at times. But yeah I am o.k with everything being not very calm but I try to make conversations lighthearted more then I sometimes realize. But not always.

Um if that happens I would probably be like I cant do this whaaa. (I am a whiner at some points.) then I might get over it or not it really depends on what it is e.c.t. I might be very calm at those points in time.

Ooh a king. Its a king...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok. Oh cool your tritype is really similar too mine...:wubbie: You should be fun too talk too.

Thanks! What parts about you make you look away from 7 and towards 9? And vice versa. Maybe that could help. :shrug:

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Yes.

Um, only sometimes some people would describe me as reactive but in all truth there is a calmness there is a internal calmness there that kind of makes my sometimes hyper nervous energy look very awkward at times. But yeah I am o.k with everything being not very calm but I try to make conversations lighthearted more then I sometimes realize. But not always.

Um if that happens I would probably be like I cant do this whaaa. (I am a whiner at some points.) then I might get over it or not it really depends on what it is e.c.t. I might be very calm at those points in time.

Ooh a king. Its a king...

I know a seven that seems pretty calm... but then her nervous-nous comes out in adorable ways xDDDD So I can understand where you're coming from. For the example, my friend doesn't like to be told no right away, she gets very energized by her ideas. Telling her no; that's like squashing her spirit.

And lol yes, you just spoke to a king today... tell all 'yo friends *ghetto voice*

Alea_iacta_est

An sp 7 may look like a 9 or a 5. Since your so/sx or something like that, you might actually be a social 9w1 who displays as a 7w6, in fact, I've seen several posts about how some 9w1s can look like 7w6s. This post on PerC mentions specifically that a 9w1 so/sx can seem like a 7.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks! What parts about you make you look away from 7 and towards 9? And vice versa. Maybe that could help. :shrug:

Thank you ok.

For 7.

1. The immense amount of energy that this type is supposed to have. Without people my energy level is very very low. When around things I fear it is also very low. When around people though of course it is extremely, extremely high.

2. My mind is not very quick. I do not get much sleep allot so my mind reflects that and is not very sharp and usually tired and has to think about things for a while. Not to mention the number of times my words came out weird in conversation. :p

3. In the enneargram institute they say sevens normally process
fast learning
manual dexterity
and
manual mind and body coordination...
Can't do any of that that well...

4. The narcissism that people say 7w6 have... I really do not feel like I have that much of it.
Though I do think I have some I do not believe it too be core...

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
An sp 7 may look like a 9 or a 5. Since your so/sx or something like that, you might actually be a social 9w1 who displays as a 7w6, in fact, I've seen several posts about how some 9w1s can look like 7w6s. This post on PerC mentions specifically that a 9w1 so/sx can seem like a 7.

I have seen that but too tell you the truth though I felt like a social non entity before I do not feel like that anymore... But looking back it seems very meish... though I think it could be a possibility. But I do not want to conform too anything... I like new perspectives but I am not looking for a new me.
I can see myself doing those thing though the whole pattern and language thing is something I would probably do. I also would be fine with admiration as long as its doesn't become annoying.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. The immense amount of energy that this type is supposed to have. Without people my energy level is very very low. When around things I fear it is also very low. When around people though of course it is extremely, extremely high.

I'm like this too. I think it could be part of being a social 7. We're most giving of ourselves when surrounded by others. When I'm at home I'm fairly calm but even if I'm on a phone call I get a lot of energy.

4. The narcissism that people say 7w6 have... I really do not feel like I have that much of it.
Though I do think I have some I do not believe it too be core...

I think for us it shows up more as entitlement. Like a sort of indignation over not having things go our way. For example, today I went to the fridge and expected that iced tea would be there but when I opened the door all the iced tea was gone. After that I kind of had this initial reaction like "why is my life so empty?" Clearly throwing a fit over not getting something as small as an iced tea. :laugh: But I totally relate to not being narcissistic. I don't think most so/sx types are really narcissistic - we tend to be more modest because we want to maintain social harmony. But we still tend to be more concerned with our own needs before others.

Trying to see what you relate to more in these descriptions could help too:

Social Seven: Sacrifice
Social Sevens are characterized by relinquishing their personal freedom and aspirations for social ideals. They have a profound sense of obligation toward others and feel that they must sacrifice themselves to fulfill what they see as their responsibilities. Their sacrifices are in the service of a future that they imagine and make plans to realize - a future that promises to give them the sense of belonging, social acceptance, and social standing that they lack. The passion of gluttony manifests here as a hunger for this sense of social ease and for all of the things that they believe will give it to them. Ichazo (per Lilly and Hart) uses the descriptor social limitations and describes this subtype as "predetermining his social activities," which highlights a different nuance of this subtype. It points the Social Seven's tendency to map and plan his social involvements to resolve his social insecurity.

Social 9: Participation
Social Nines have a drive to belong, lacking the certainty that they actually do. They lack a sense of ease in social situations, because of their sensitivity to whether they are really welcome or not. They often feel that they don't know how to become part of the group, and, rather than being themselves, they try to fit n by emulating socially acceptable forms of behavior and communication. Inevitably this leaves them feeling that they are not really making contact, and so reinforces their sense of being left out. This attempt to participate through social conventions is how the passion of laziness manifests here, and in their resulting tendency to make superficial contact with others.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm like this too. I think it could be part of being a social 7. We're most giving of ourselves when surrounded by others. When I'm at home I'm fairly calm but even if I'm on a phone call I get a lot of energy.

I think for us it shows up more as entitlement. Like a sort of indignation over not having things go our way. For example, today I went to the fridge and expected that iced tea would be there but when I opened the door all the iced tea was gone. After that I kind of had this initial reaction like "why is my life so empty?" Clearly throwing a fit over not getting something as small as an iced tea. :laugh: But I totally relate to not being narcissistic. I don't think most so/sx types are really narcissistic - we tend to be more modest because we want to maintain social harmony. But we still tend to be more concerned with our own needs before others.

Trying to see what you relate to more in these descriptions could help too:

Social Sevens are characterized by relinquishing their personal freedom and aspirations for social ideals. They have a profound sense of obligation toward others and feel that they must sacrifice themselves to fulfill what they see as their responsibilities. Their sacrifices are in the service of a future that they imagine and make plans to realize - a future that promises to give them the sense of belonging, social acceptance, and social standing that they lack. The passion of gluttony manifests here as a hunger for this sense of social ease and for all of the things that they believe will give it to them. Ichazo (per Lilly and Hart) uses the descriptor social limitations and describes this subtype as "predetermining his social activities," which highlights a different nuance of this subtype. It points the Social Seven's tendency to map and plan his social involvements to resolve his social insecurity.

Social Nines have a drive to belong, lacking the certainty that they actually do. They lack a sense of ease in social situations, because of their sensitivity to whether they are really welcome or not. They often feel that they don't know how to become part of the group, and, rather than being themselves, they try to fit n by emulating socially acceptable forms of behavior and communication. Inevitably this leaves them feeling that they are not really making contact, and so reinforces their sense of being left out. This attempt to participate through social conventions is how the passion of laziness manifests here, and in their resulting tendency to make superficial contact with others.

Oh, come to think of it that is something I can see myself doing and then realize how silly I am being. :p
Though I like silliness. Hmm... I think that

Ok, ill try. Ill use text color. :p I

1.Hmmm. I think I do that but very differently I do not think I should give up some of my freedom but I have a habit of comforting to some social ideals but then later on realizing that I shouldn't do that. But I do sacrifice many small things...

1. I have a habit of making weird responsibility's for myself that are lighthearted.
So I can see that.

1. I do have a drive do belong but I do not think I copy any behavior.
Might be 7w6 yay!:D

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know a seven that seems pretty calm... but then her nervous-nous comes out in adorable ways xDDDD So I can understand where you're coming from. For the example, my friend doesn't like to be told no right away, she gets very energized by her ideas. Telling her no; that's like squashing her spirit.

And lol yes, you just spoke to a king today... tell all 'yo friends *ghetto voice*

lol. My nervousness is kind of in my body but not in my mind. I am really nervous though in certain situations but not in others I do not know how to explain it without sounding paradoxical.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, come to think of it that is something I can see myself doing and then realize how silly I am being. :p
Though I like silliness. Hmm... I think that

Ok, ill try. Ill use text color. :p I

1.Hmmm. I think I do that but very differently I do not think I should give up some of my freedom but I have a habit of comforting to some social ideals but then later on realizing that I shouldn't do that. But I do sacrifice many small things...

1. I have a habit of making weird responsibility's for myself that are lighthearted.
So I can see that.

1. I do have a drive do belong but I do not think I copy any behavior.
Might be 7w6 yay!:D

Ooh, actually take that back about the copying behavior I do at times like something someone says in a certain way or something someone say in a way from a t.v show that I like.