• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

One-Question Sensor/Intuitive Test

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Might as well just flip a coin.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I think an actually accurate and not stereotypical representation would likely be settled down to

Explicate vs. Implicate information. Besides maybe eating to quench boredom might be an inferior sensation related thing? Who knows. It's not like food isn't addictive or anything.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
can i say computer instead?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think an actually accurate and not stereotypical representation would likely be settled down to

Explicate vs. Implicate information. Besides maybe eating to quench boredom might be an inferior sensation related thing? Who knows. It's not like food isn't addictive or anything.

Over-thinking.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok, how about this:

1. food for its own sake, or
2. book for its own sake.

I like your idea of distilling down, and I think there's wisdom to it, and I do understand why you're using these. But at the same time, it's so easy to have someone deviate because of something unrelated to S/N. Both options could be interpreted via either process: food can be taken in on a near-purely Sensory basis, noting color and smell and shape and texture and name and components and quality and so on, but it can also easily be interpreted via iNtuition into fodder for evocation, distillation or recombination. Books, too, can be taken in focusing on the S qualities present, including illustrative detail, or through focusing on N implication. We commonly associate food - being a more pure manifestation of the concrete - more with Sensory intake and books - being composed of symbolic language - more with drawing out interpretation, but a person's non-MBTI preference for either could easily get in the way.

1. Factual knowledge, or
2. Potential symbology

G

garbage

BOOK

That was my gut answer.

The body is kind of like a crying child, a thing I tolerate while I concentrate on higher-level tasks.

If we make you eat your words, does that blow the test?
Love it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BOOK

The body is kind of like a crying child, a thing I tolerate while I concentrate on higher-level tasks.

Finally, someone who gets it.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Food but only because it's essential for survival.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Food, I'm hungry right now.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1.food
2.book

no gut instinct telling me anything here unlike in the I/E test.

but I'll go with book because I pay more attention to reading a book than to eating food in general

typical of me, I start eating, my attention stays with the food for a second, enjoying the taste of it for a second but then I will "wander" elsewhere, I'll talk, look around, think, anything, but easiest is just to read a book to kill the time while eating.

I used to read a lot as a kid, now quite honestly I only read a book when I'm eating.. I still like reading though, just other things take my attention more often

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you kidding? the experience is all about what thoughts, revelations, and insights the material provokes...not about reading every word.

rather funny how different people can be.

my reading experience is about experiencing the story. I don't care about extrra thoughts and insights being provoked. not even if I read non-fiction, e.g. some theoretical material that requires thinking, instead of generating whatever extra ideas, I prefer to fully understand what I'm reading. though yes that understanding process may involve getting insights about what the things mean... just when I'm reading fiction is when I totally wouldn't want anything else coming to my mind. I just follow the story, get fully involved in it etc etc. and I guess the insights that I may have when reading theory are also closely related to the reading material that's being understood by me, so it just means i'm more fully involved in that as well.

with easy fiction, I also skip a lot of words but only because I can follow the story faster that way :) I skip only unimportant little details

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Over-thinking. It doesn't say "read a book," and it doesn't say "eat some food."

if it's just a book as an object and some food as another object...

then, if I'm hungry, food, if I'm bored, book.

also... in this scenario of looking at a book and a piece of food - it's possible I'm not hungry, not possible not being bored though or I wouldn't be looking around like that.

but ok assume I'm neither hungry nor bored, then I'll flip a coin to pick. because both look fine, food or book.

happy now?