• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SneakyNinja: What Type of EP am I?

SneakyNinja

Hi guys, I'm new to this stuff and don't even know my type yet, so if you have any brilliant ideas tell me! I found these descriptions on the "MBTI Tutorial" thread, so I'll just write how I compare to each...

J/P -- Judging/Perceiving. Judging types don't always carry gavels. If you're a Judging type, that means you're diligent, focused, organized, driven, and anal-retentive. If you're a Perceiving type, that means you're sloppy, disorganized, unmotivated, indecisive, and happy-go-lucky. Those with strong Judging preferences were never really youthful, and those with strong Perceiving preferences never really grow up.

I think I'm quite an obvious P to be honest. I'm really not very organised at all, and I'm messy and late with everything. I tend to just do things when I feel like it (if ever). When I do want to do something, I usually just do it straight away if I can. Why wait? And I'd say I was a "never grow up" kind of person!

I honestly can't think of any J traits I am like - I can be quite focused when I'm doing English homework (especially if I'm writing a story) or when I'm reading something interesting but that's about it.

E/I -- Extraversion/Introversion. Extraverts are the cool, social people who go to all the parties, and impress people. Introverts are the misunderstood nerds who sit at home reading and surfing the Internet all day. As you might have guessed, most of us are Introverts. So please take some pity and speak to us poor, pasty-faced nerds who pine away in front of our monitors?

Haha I'd say I was an E then. I have quite a lot of friends and like being around people a lot of the day.

I do spend a lot of time reading and on the internet though!

T/F -- Thinking/Feeling. Feeling types are compassionate, sensitive people who put the happiness of people first. Thinking type are very logical, independent, accomplished, and know how to do things. However, you could also say Thinking types are heartless, arrogant jerks who treat people like machines, and Feeling types are insipid, dependent, conflict-avoiding basket cases.

I'm not so sure on this one. I do like people, especially if they're not boring, but I'm not sure I'd put the happiness of other people first ... In fact, thinking about it, I can't think of one time where I've thought the happiness of other people is the most interesting thing in the world lol. Also, I'm not very sensitive. I don't really understand people who cry over nothing.

I think I would describe myself as being quite logical, and I'm very independent (I hate being told what to do, and prefer to do my own thing). I'm not too sure about the accomplished part though (I got mainly As in my GCSEs, so does that count?).

I wouldn't say I was heartless at all - I actually really like people. I have been described as arrogant haha, but I'm really not. I'm usually conflict-avoidant - I can't stand people moaning at me for things.

S/N -- Sensing/Intuition. Sensing types are practical, no-nonsense people when it comes to dealing with things. They are well attuned to the world around them, and know how to deal with it. Intuitive types are creative, insightful people who have an advantage in Science, Philosophy, Psychology, and Poetry. In pretty much everything else and everyday life, however, Sensors excel and surpass Intuitives. So if we seem critical of Sensors, know it's out of jealousy, fear, and bitterness, and don't take it personally.

I think I'm more N by this. I'm a very creative person, always coming up with interesting weird ideas of things to do, and I'm really interested in Science and writing.

I don't think most of my ideas are very practical, or even possible haha. I like nonsense if it's a story or a joke, but I don't like it when people think nonsense things are true (it's pretty interesting to try to find out why they believe such crap though!).

Ni -- Introverted Intuition (not Nickel, which I know is what you thought). Allows you to see ideas from different perspectives, as well as have unusual insights or hunches that are often useful. And for the last time, it does NOT make you psychic (normally).

I'm always looking at things from different angles - it's more interesting! I'm not sure if my ideas are often useful though ... Haha I'm definitely not psychic.

Ne -- Extraverted Intuition. It thinks it's less of a nerd than Introverted Intuition. Kidding aside, this allows you to see patterns and connections in theories, see several possibilities in a situation, and make an annoying number of puns and play-on words.

Haha I'm not a nerd. I always see loads of ways something can happen, and get annoyed when people say, "Well, THIS is going to happen". Like, how the hell do they know? I do make a million crappy puns a day haha (you know trees? They're BARKing mad! Get it? I know...).

Fe -- Extraverted Feeling. Hello everyone, this is the function that observes commonly held social rules and pleasantries, and is very concerned with the welfare of the group. If you don't have this function, then you're a rude person, and I don't want to be seen with you.

I try not to be rude most of the time, because I can't stand the hassle. I always fail at it though, because some idiots get offended at ANYTHING!

Fi -- Introverted Feeling. Very shy, deeply held values based on an internal sense of good and evil. Introverted Feelers are often lost in the depth of their own emotion, and have trouble expressing those emotions outwardly. If you've read Shakespeare or Milton, you may have seen Fi. (Notice I didn't joke about them, because they're SO sensitive.)

I'm not shy at all. I don't really look at the world in terms of good and evil - I don't like to see people being hurt though. I don't get super-strong feelings very often. Haha I can definitely take a joke!

Ti -- Introverted Thinking. Introverted thinking is always trying to uncover the specific rules that govern a system, and typically sees everything as a system. So basically, Ti nitpicks and criticizes everything from social conventions to grammar to government policies, and is fairly anti-social.

I criticise things a lot haha, so I might use this. I think most social conventions are stupid, so I talk about those a lot. I don't really care about politics though. I'm not sure whether I see everything as a system or not - I'm not really sure what that means.

Te -- Extraverted Thinking. "Hey, work faster, you slacker! You're losing us time and money!" Extraverted Thinking is a blunt function that is results-oriented, much like that angry boss. Extraverted Thinking follows rules to the letter, and uses the most efficient procedure known to work that will get the job done.

I never tell people to do things like this, and I hate it when people do it to me. I don't pay that much attention to rules, to be honest.

Se -- Extraverted Sensing. This is basically paying attention to what goes on around you, and living the moment. You use this if you like to burn yourself on a hot stove, run laps, ride a bike, go swimming, etc. If you want to use it right now, pay attention to what's going on around you at the moment. Don't try to connect it with anything, or think about what it means, what went before, or what's coming after. Just watch and experience. Let go of your mind. Side effects may include lack of forethought, and overindulgence. This is also what causes you to eat that box of chocolates instead of sticking to your diet, or finish watching that TV program instead of shutting it off and going back to work/bed. Now you can just say, "That was Se's fault, not mine!"

I do quite a lot of this stuff. I really like sports and exercise - cycling, hockey, tennis, football, go-karting - and I pay attention to what's going on around me. I also eat a lot of chocolate and stay up most of the night watching films or on the internet haha

Si -- Introverted Sensing. Very routine, habitual, and boring. It's based on a desire to do things the way they've always been done... day after day, year after year, century after century. Obviously, people with this function dislike change. They accept things without question, and preserve what's familiar, and often try to align things with their internal idea of what things are supposed to be like, garnered from early experiences. But the plus side is, they have good memories, and are very organized and conscientious people. If you want something done a certain way with no questions asked, they are your best resource.

Haha I'm definitely not very routine, habitual, or boring. I don't think I'm this type - I like change, I always ask questions, and I'm very disorganised.

So yeah, any thoughts??

SneakyNinja

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm new to the whole thing, so I don't really understand the differences between the types. I think I'm probably some kind of EP though.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Mainly to never EVER have to do a normal boring job haha. I've had enough of the boring lifestyle with school. I just like to keep myself entertained really - whether that's by going out with friends, playing tennis, reading Harry Potter, or watching a good film. I don't really have any long-term goals.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I tend to feel most alive when either I'm doing something completely random and fun with my friends, or when I'm playing sports competitively and am really in the game (I play for a local hockey and football teams, and play tennis for my local club).

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I lose at tennis and can't understand what I did wrong haha. Also when my friends start crying or something because I just don't know what to do then. I do care, but I don't know what to say, so I usually try to joke to make them feel better - not a good idea sometimes...

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Everything really. Mainly, whether I think something will be interesting or not. If I know something isn't going to be interesting, I'll try to thing of a way that WOULD make it interesting. I do tend to think about good bits and bad bits of decisions - I tend to wegh them up and go with what will probably work best. People come into it in that I don't like to hurt people or get in people's way if I can help it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

On making it interesting! I don't like being "in-charge" but I do like to have a very big influence on what's happening.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have fun most days. It's hard to pick just one.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I think it depends what the subject is. If it's something physical, like learning a new tennis skill, then I learn hands-on obviously. But if it's more like science, I usually prefer to just read about it and talk about it with my teachers.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Not very. At all. I'm very disorganised.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I usually just think about whether it makes sense or not.

11) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I speak before thinking most of the time. I like both kinds really.

12) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I prefer jumping into action straight away. I hate waiting for things.

13) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Probably say, "No, I'm watching this. You come round here instead!"

14) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I'm not sure really, I don't usually get stressed. I guess I usually just lock myself in my room and don't talk to anyone.

15) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Bossiness. Stupidity. Boringness.

16) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like talking about books, science, films, random things and weird ideas.

17) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Politics. Taxes. Bills. Rules. Schedules. Plans.

18) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Fun. Funny. Random. A bit annoying sometimes. They'd never say I was boring or normal.

19) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Let's drive a fast car around a track! Or just a go-kart, because I technically can't drive lol.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
my doll! i think you sound a bit ENFP, but i'm sure other people will weigh in with their thoughts as well. welcome to the forum!

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like recognizing Pe-doms, especially boy ones is really easy/relevant.
I'm sorry, I'm too tired to actually contribute to typing you, I didn't really read your post it was long. Good luck. One day you'll be like "psssshhhhc how did I ever not know my type haha silly me" and it will be a brill moment

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Carefree analysis:

I'm not so sure on this one. I do like people, especially if they're not boring, but I'm not sure I'd put the happiness of other people first ... In fact, thinking about it, I can't think of one time where I've thought the happiness of other people is the most interesting thing in the world lol. Also, I'm not very sensitive. I don't really understand people who cry over nothing.
I think that rules out FP.

I think I would describe myself as being quite logical, and I'm very independent (I hate being told what to do, and prefer to do my own thing). I'm not too sure about the accomplished part though (I got mainly As in my GCSEs, so does that count?).
Sounds TP.

I wouldn't say I was heartless at all - I actually really like people. I have been described as arrogant haha, but I'm really not.
EXTP

think I'm more N by this. I'm a very creative person, always coming up with interesting weird ideas of things to do, and I'm really interested in Science and writing.

I don't think most of my ideas are very practical, or even possible haha. I like nonsense if it's a story or a joke, but I don't like it when people think nonsense things are true (it's pretty interesting to try to find out why they believe such crap though!).
Ne/NP

Ni -- Introverted Intuition (not Nickel, which I know is what you thought). Allows you to see ideas from different perspectives, as well as have unusual insights or hunches that are often useful. And for the last time, it does NOT make you psychic (normally).

I'm always looking at things from different angles - it's more interesting! I'm not sure if my ideas are often useful though ... Haha I'm definitely not psychic.

Ne -- Extraverted Intuition. It thinks it's less of a nerd than Introverted Intuition. Kidding aside, this allows you to see patterns and connections in theories, see several possibilities in a situation, and make an annoying number of puns and play-on words.

Haha I'm not a nerd. I always see loads of ways something can happen, and get annoyed when people say, "Well, THIS is going to happen". Like, how the hell do they know? I do make a million crappy puns a day haha (you know trees? They're BARKing mad! Get it? I know...).
Ne/NP

Fe -- Extraverted Feeling. Hello everyone, this is the function that observes commonly held social rules and pleasantries, and is very concerned with the welfare of the group. If you don't have this function, then you're a rude person, and I don't want to be seen with you.

I try not to be rude most of the time, because I can't stand the hassle. I always fail at it though, because some idiots get offended at ANYTHING!
ENTP

Alea_iacta_est

You think ENTPs care if they offend people? :thinking:

I know one who most definitely cares if he offends people, but he doesn't realize it until after he has said what he has said, so pretty much he'll say the cruelest thing imaginable and then break down sobbing in front of them right after (it's hilarious) and begin apologizing. He's got a well-developed Fe. Though I see him in a more Machiavellian light, so perhaps he just wants to see what happens but doesn't want to lose a person forever.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You think ENTPs care if they offend people? :thinking:
No neurotypical person is indifferent to people's feelings, the basic difference is ENTPs put more value into being free to express themselves.