• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

3/4, but not sure?

SiriuslyLakin

MBTI Type
ENTp
I just discovered enneagram types today and am quite curious to know what type I am. I believe I'm a 3/4, but how can I be certain?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but how can I be certain?

Very carefully! Enneagram type can be easy to type for some people, but for most it is extremely hard to self type your enneagram and more often than not requires a lot of introspection.

As it deals mainly with the subconscious, there is the aspect of being selectively blind to consider. More often than not the very behaviour that defines our enneagram is precisely the behaviour we least notice in ourselves because it is so inherently normal and baseline to our personality. There is no conscious buffer or realization in the moment we exhibit said behaviour. If we don't objectively look and analyse our own behaviour after the fact, we will remain oblivious to the cause of said behaviour.

SiriuslyLakin

MBTI Type
ENTp
Hmm, interesting. It does make sense that one would focus more on the traits they aspire to have than the ones they currently possess.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As to the differences between 3 and 4, there are others here much more capable of noting the main differences between those two types. I myself am not much of an expert concerning enneagrams. Apart from E9, as that is my type.