• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTP or ESTP?

I

Infinite Bubble

The "most energy" part was misleading, I think. Whatever's natural.

Most people get energy from physical or activities involving the senses because it makes one feel more in-tuned with the world and fulfills a few human needs.

A problem with typology is you get people trying to fit some phenomena unrelated to it, into the framework.

Enjoying sensory activities doesn't make one a sensor, just a normal and healthy human being. :)

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I'm an ENTP I do look at things through the big picture then the details i.e When i'm walking in a Forrest I notice the beauty of the scenery around me first then the trees themselves, and I look at how things can be fixed/improved such as the government, and theorize on random things such as how America would need to change before there is flying cars and the business behind it and I find the ENTPs in show business relatable i.e Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, and Stephen Colbert. :)

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Synthesist: NTP's, NF's SP's
Idealist:NF's, SF's, NT's
Pragmatist: NT's, NF's
Anaylst: NT's, SJ's
Realist: SP's, SJ's

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What types are grouped with
Synthesist:
Idealist:
Pragmatist:
Anaylst:
Realist:

I don't believe there's a proper answer to that question. I'm an INTP and an Idealist-Analyst.

S

Stansmith

The way you go about describing your experiences and preferences doesn't strike me as dominant Ne for whatever reason. It all feels..static, and literal.

Where's the humor, the tangents, the detached, ironic perspective of the human experience beyond whats immediately occurring?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being called Static is a new one I am usually in control of the conversations I'm having but I do make random connections in my daily speech and formulating what needs to happen before humanity can achieve something. My friends do say that I am the weird "different" one in the group. I'm definitely not literal in my everyday speech but I do take things others say in face value when it's one on one but when I'm listening to a speaker I'm always questioning them and coming up with the What ifs... in group discussions to get people thinking about the topic in a deeper level. Improvisation is my jam and my humor is a mix of Ne and Se. I'm a synthesist-pragmatist thinker

Last edited:
I

Infinite Bubble

The functions are bad at representing reality.

Case in point: the above.

Either use a fluid paradigm with the functions, or use the letters. I recommend the latter simply because it actually works better, similar to the Big Five.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The functions are bad at representing reality.

Case in point: the above.

Either use a fluid paradigm with the functions, or use the letters. I recommend the latter simply because it actually works better, similar to the Big Five.

Yes, and consider my wife, whom I've been with for over 7 years. She is an ISFP and definitely an Se dom.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice thread, I used to wonder myself about those two types. That was before I understood the functions and the dichotomies. I excluded Ne since then for myself but added other types to consider. At least I decided Se (Ni) > Ne (Si) for myself so I'll add my comments regarding that

Well maybe you no longer have any questions but the thread isn't that old so...

Se: Living in the present and seeing the possibilities in your surrounding area and doing things that will give you an adrenaline rush
Ne: Having a Web like mind in which you can link up two things together that don't relate and come up with something new, it is a factor in my randomness

I think you're ENTP because you defined Se by seeing possibilities in the environment... :eek:

Do elaborate on what you mean by possibilities, though. If you meant it more like a directly tangible opportunity involving no crazy mental activity to see it and grab it, then okay fine, your Se definition is acceptable

Also a few things in your questionnaire (and photo) were ENTP-ish (want to understand world and make theories as first most important things and the way your photo was made yeah...)

i.e the other day I had a conversation with a girlfriend:
Girl: Hey you should wear a coat, it's cold outside if I was your Mom I wouldn't let you out like that
I: Hey don't worry about it
*Pause*
I: I'm just happy we don't live in a nudist colony, if we did my dick would only be a couple centimeters long in this weather

I wouldn't say this is the most random joke ever. It's funny though :p

Do you focus on the imagination or the senses? It's really that simple.

Is it? Maybe that works for people who are very clearly N-doms or S-doms. T/F doms, well maybe less useful for them... And maybe it's not as distinct for all N/S doms

Me, I don't focus on either one that terribly much.

I get most of my energy through activities that involve my senses but I do use my imagination more then I do my senses so an ENTP with a strong E and learned Se

If you get more energy through the senses, why do you not do that more often? Also, Ne does involve the senses, after all it's an extraverted function.

Yeah I'm an ENTP I do look at things through the big picture then the details

That would indeed be ENTP > ESTP.

i.e When i'm walking in a Forrest I notice the beauty of the scenery around me first then the trees themselves

Uh? No I think seeing big picture vs details refers to less directly tangible things. As for myself, if I walk in a forest, I will automatically just have a general sensory impression and I usually don't go beyond that, I certainly don't bother to examine each single tree. The general impression itself will not turn off much though, imagination doesn't really get in the way. Thinking, analysing in my head can put the awareness of the forest partially in the background though.

Oh and I do have imagination but it's distinctly disconnected from the environment. For strong Ne afaik it can start from environment. That's why it's an extraverted form of intuition.

(Quite honestly though, to me intuition that is not introverted or sensing that's not extraverted just sound like oxymorons. But then that must be because I have strong preferences for the attitudes of S/N)

and I look at how things can be fixed/improved such as the government, and theorize on random things such as how America would need to change before there is flying cars and the business behind it and I find the ENTPs in show business relatable i.e Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, and Stephen Colbert. :)

o_O Fine you're ENTP

The way you go about describing your experiences and preferences doesn't strike me as dominant Ne for whatever reason. It all feels..static, and literal.

Where's the humor, the tangents, the detached, ironic perspective of the human experience beyond whats immediately occurring?

I did notice OP's style is very linear and that joke example wasn't THAT random... the flying cars shit is more Ne-ish, kind of. Maybe have him talk about his theories and see if it's got tangents and shit then.

Yes, and consider my wife, whom I've been with for over 7 years. She is an ISFP and definitely an Se dom.

Maybe I'm ISTP and Se dom, or ESTP and Ti dom, or maybe even ESFP and Ti dom, hmmmm food for thought!

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nice thread, I used to wonder myself about those two types. That was before I understood the functions and the dichotomies. I excluded Ne since then for myself but added other types to consider. At least I decided Se (Ni) > Ne (Si) for myself so I'll add my comments regarding that

Well maybe you no longer have any questions but the thread isn't that old so...

I think you're ENTP because you defined Se by seeing possibilities in the environment... :eek:

Do elaborate on what you mean by possibilities, though. If you meant it more like a directly tangible opportunity involving no crazy mental activity to see it and grab it, then okay fine, your Se definition is acceptable

Also a few things in your questionnaire (and photo) were ENTP-ish (want to understand world and make theories as first most important things and the way your photo was made yeah...)

I wouldn't say this is the most random joke ever. It's funny though :p

Is it? Maybe that works for people who are very clearly N-doms or S-doms. T/F doms, well maybe less useful for them... And maybe it's not as distinct for all N/S doms

Me, I don't focus on either one that terribly much.

If you get more energy through the senses, why do you not do that more often? Also, Ne does involve the senses, after all it's an extraverted function.

That would indeed be ENTP > ESTP.

Uh? No I think seeing big picture vs details refers to less directly tangible things. As for myself, if I walk in a forest, I will automatically just have a general sensory impression and I usually don't go beyond that, I certainly don't bother to examine each single tree. The general impression itself will not turn off much though, imagination doesn't really get in the way. Thinking, analysing in my head can put the awareness of the forest partially in the background though.

Oh and I do have imagination but it's distinctly disconnected from the environment. For strong Ne afaik it can start from environment. That's why it's an extraverted form of intuition.

(Quite honestly though, to me intuition that is not introverted or sensing that's not extraverted just sound like oxymorons. But then that must be because I have strong preferences for the attitudes of S/N)

o_O Fine you're ENTP

I did notice OP's style is very linear and that joke example wasn't THAT random... the flying cars shit is more Ne-ish, kind of. Maybe have him talk about his theories and see if it's got tangents and shit then.

Maybe I'm ISTP and Se dom, or ESTP and Ti dom, or maybe even ESFP and Ti dom, hmmmm food for thought!
I'm not an ENTP or ESTP, I'm a 7w8 synthesis pragmatist ENTJ, Big Picture:Everything is connected in one way or another. Life is a giant spider web and I'm the spider.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not an ENTP or ESTP, I'm a 7w8 synthesis pragmatist ENTJ, Big Picture:Everything is connected in one way or another. Life is a giant spider web and I'm the spider.

Ohh well two days ago you were still an ENTP. :p

So I'm not quite sure if I believe you on the ENTJ yet. (By this I mean, maybe you'll change your type again... :D )

But yeah, sure, I don't have that much information available here about you and you know yourself best. Maybe it explains that linearity of style.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ohh well two days ago you were still an ENTP. :p

So I'm not quite sure if I believe you on the ENTJ yet. (By this I mean, maybe you'll change your type again... :D )

But yeah, sure, I don't have that much information available here about you and you know yourself best. Maybe it explains that linearity of style.
I'm a Ken Doll in a Barbie world life is plastic it's fantastic you can stroke my dick and increase my knowledge, by telling me what cognition functions go with linearity. What are they, is it mainly SP and SJ :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Ken Doll in a Barbie world life is plastic it's fantastic you can stroke my dick and increase my knowledge, by telling me what cognition functions go with linearity. What are they, is it mainly SP and SJ :)

For fuckssake, I was not going against you by that comment on linearity.

Ne typically isn't associated with linearity, is all I was saying.

Alea_iacta_est

You strike me as more Ne than Ni (despite Ni being aux) from my interactions with you. But ENTJ 7 would appear to use Ne to those on the outside in bouts of spontaneity though, so it's still entirely probable.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For fuckssake, I was not going against you by that comment on linearity.

Ne typically isn't associated with linearity, is all I was saying.
The reason for the question was purely on curiosity

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You strike me as more Ne than Ni (despite Ni being aux) from my interactions with you. But ENTJ 7 would appear to use Ne to those on the outside in bouts of spontaneity though, so it's still entirely probable.
What's the difference between Te and Ti? The reason I was going with ENTJ is that I was watching Sherlock and realized that Moriarty is my Gay version, and Tyler Durden are also ENTJs I relate to these characters more then the likes of Tony Stark and Jack Sparrow so it all depends on if I use Ti or Te