• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EMERGENCY! What are the differences between ENTP and ENFP?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
[MENTION=20464]MasterOfAwesome[/MENTION] (who normally doesn't use that name, so no judgy judgy based on that, please) is one of many who would really like to know the differences between ENTPs and ENFPs so he can figure out his type.

Any advice on how to best tell the difference?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Umm.. to me (and perhaps not others), ENTPs Ne-Ti feels wrong to me. I will be the first to admit that ENFP Ne can be quite damaging, meddling with people/things in order to assess our feelings about them, or to just to see what happens to assess some data in service of moral understanding. ENTP Ne meddling feels a lot more impersonal to me, and indifferent to the individual, this raises my Fi alarms. They're one of the types to most anger me on the internets.

I've heard claims that ENTPs have a tendency to have a lopsided grin.

They are also much more likely to debate for the sake of debate and play the devil's advocate. ENFPs argue to defend something.

Hmm.. if I think of more, I'll drop back in.

W

WALMART

Fi types have a depth of emotion intertwined with their rationality.

Ti types base the substance of their rationality on merit alone, irrespective of this depth.

In Jung's words, "Thinking tells you what an object is, Feeling tells you if that object is agreeable."

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I had to pick a most-negative description for them, it'd be "ruthless" for the ENTP and "crazy" for the ENFP. The difference is pretty clear to me - Fi-flavoured Ne goes overboard with the emotions/values stuff, and Ti-flavoured Ne goes overboard in the other direction, ignoring values stuff.

If you got offended by this, you're probably ENFP. If you were flattered, you're probably ENTP. :wink:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
If I had to pick a most-negative description for them, it'd be "ruthless" for the ENTP and "crazy" for the ENFP. The difference is pretty clear to me - Fi-flavoured Ne goes overboard with the emotions/values stuff, and Ti-flavoured Ne goes overboard in the other direction, ignoring values stuff.

If you got offended by this, you're probably ENFP. If you were flattered, you're probably ENTP. :wink:

I definitely do not go overboard with emotions and values. Indeed, I don't even have any definitive values. I do whatever seems to benefit me, and I frequently question the significance of values.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I definitely do not go overboard with emotions and values. Indeed, I don't even have any definitive values. I do whatever seems to benefit me, and I frequently question the significance of values.

You mean you question the significance of morals? Doing whatever seems to benefit you is a value. Also, your answers to those questions you posted didn't read like this is what you do.

Stop being different people!

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

Lol I really got a bit offended by this AT FIRST, but only because you wrote ENTPs can be ruthless. Thats nothing that should be associated with type.

Descriptions taken from myersbriggs.org

ENTP
Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
"I also prioritize the concept of honor and morality, but only if it sounds reasonable. For example, it would be absurd to defend your realm for the honor of defending it and because it is your duty when a myriad of behemoths and giant lizards are marching towards you. Oh, and I also prize intellect and humor.

Otherwise, I really don't give a damn about values so long as they benefit me psychologically."

I suspect I may be Bipolar, but I'm not fully sure.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
"I also prioritize the concept of honor and morality, but only if it sounds reasonable. For example, it would be absurd to defend your realm for the honor of defending it and because it is your duty when a myriad of behemoths and giant lizards are marching towards you. Oh, and I also prize intellect and humor.

Otherwise, I really don't give a damn about values so long as they benefit me psychologically."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

why do you suspect you're bipolar?

W

WALMART

Lol I really got a bit offended by this AT FIRST, but only because you wrote ENTPs can be ruthless. Thats nothing that should be associated with type.

"Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer."

lol

G

Ginkgo

Out of all the NT vs. NF pairings, they seem to have the most discrepancies IME. Probably because it's the business of Ne to be as insolent as fuck + differing Ji functions - usually the ENTP initially instigating a whirlwind of obnoxiousness.

At least on this forum. Several members definitely break this rule - like [MENTION=74]digesthisickness[/MENTION].

As an NF, the first deciding factor for determining whether someone is NF or NT is how independent they are. ENTPs disengage and maintain a level of control where ENFPs often don't, though in conflict, they can be equally lippy. On the other hand, when an ENTP attempts to placate someone, it often seems endearingly clumsy and overt, like they're hyper-aware that they're venturing outside their comfort zone. Both types can be good at dealing with people, but ENTPs often seem to simply calculate ways of maximizing convenience where ENFPs make themselves more vulnerable.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I have two exhibitions for my personality.

Exhibit A - Charming, witty, lightly sarcastic, wants to have fun, adventurous, wants to explore, talks about what-if scenarios, makes crazy theories, deliberately acts stupid (I don't understand why I do this), chilled out, laid back.

Exhibit B - Reserved, darkly sarcastic, prone to introspection and retrospection, analyzes everything, over-thinks, recalls past events, easy to give criticisms, thinks about the past and how it could have been changed.

My 'Exhibit A' side feels more natural to me, I'll daresay it's my default personality. But the other exhibition manifests in apparently hostile social situations and hard times.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP

I like it! :laugh:

That does sound like an emergency.
:laugh:

<PA Address>Code blue, "What's my MBTI Type?" forum! Code blue, "What's my MBTI Type?" forum!</PA Address> :cop:

You mean you question the significance of morals? Doing whatever seems to benefit you is a value. Also, your answers to those questions you posted didn't read like this is what you do.

Stop being different people!
Busted. Definitely ENTP. :cheese:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
So what do you guys conclude from my previous posts? Am I an ENTP, ENFP or INTP?

hornet

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
So what do you guys conclude from my previous posts? Am I an ENTP, ENFP or INTP?

Oh all this was about you... Almost forgot.
Well can't really say from those traits, they are pretty universal.
In other word anyone could have put them down in order to get laid on a dating site.

Question is how well you respond to collective feeling (Fe) vs collective thinking (Te).
In other words are your greatest trap in life to create new content to act on in
a goal oriented fashion or are it to play around with societal expectations and group patterns.
We call this the Ne/Te loop vs the Ne/Fe loop.
I've found it to be the most reliable way to type someone, as that is a pattern you don't easily get away from,
no matter how good you think you know yourself.

Hmm I should probably read that thread linked in the beginning too, if I want to form an opinion on this. :dry: