• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP? ENTP? Something else?

CourtneyJD

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello! I was hoping I could get a bit of help with this. I've tested as a few things: ENFP, ENTP, and INFJ. I don't think I'm an INFJ, but I guess it's possible. I copied the questionnaire that I've seen and will answer honestly, so don't get scared. :)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've always had the ability to just "turn off" my emotions. I haven't spoken to my mother in years and really don't care. I'm numb to it. I also can be quite rational and am opinionated, but I also don't like to hurt people's feelings.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Excitement. Adventure. Experiences. Fun stories to tell. Epic love. Knowledge. Understanding. Change.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Summer after senior year of high school. I was in love, trying new things, and felt truly alive.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I can't make close friends. I write people out of my life if they hurt me and I have trouble letting new people in, so I end up feeling lonely, except for a select few.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
A mixture of pros/cons, and what my gut says. If these things don't aline, I usually won't do anything that goes against my gut, so I'll try to think of something different entirely.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Totally depends on the project. Is it a personal project or a work/school project? If personal, I usually go through a mountain of info and think things out from beginning to end, and then start. If it's for something professional, I will usually write an outline so that I don't forget anything, and then fill in the details.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
On St. Patricks day some friends and I went out driving in my car that has a sunroof, and we wore these headbands with these tall springy 4 leaf clovers on them, that stuck out of the sunroof and weirded out all the teenagers. then we went back to my apartment, drank irish car bombs, and played Cards Against Humanity. I loved the whole night.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I research it and then either talk about it or do it. Usually talking about it makes me learn it best.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I am really organized when I feel like being organized, but I have to motivate myself. I can go a month without folding clothes, just letting them sit in baskets in my closet, but then I'll get in this mood and completely reorganize my closet and hang everything. I'm horribly disorganized with my thoughts, and if it's important I have to actively try to organize it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Definitely the principals behind it. If I don't know why I'm doing something, I won't do it. I don't abide by the rules unless I agree with them.

11) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking unless I get too excited or carried away with the conversation. I like one-on-one communication, and small groups up to 4 or 5 people, then I clam up and will just stand by a wall or something.

12) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'm much better with theory than I am with acting. I get analysis paralysis quite often.

13) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If it's same day I'll say no, if they ask the day before I'll probably go. I tend to get burrowed in and don't want to leave home when I do that.

14) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get harsh and very critical. I get anxiety attacks as well.

15) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like people that try to shove their beliefs down my throat. For example, I don't have kids and don't want to. As a woman in her 20's that is not widely accepted and people will constantly give me crap about it. I also don't like busy bodies who only want to talk about other people rather than talk about ideas, the future, theories, ect.

16) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Music, tv, movies, books, politics (as long as they are open minded), religion (again, as long as they are open minded).

17) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Buildings, changes in the physical world, the cleanliness of my surroundings, things like that.

18) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
As being fun-loving, quick, witty, and hyper. They often assume I care about things I don't care about (how nice their house is, what religion they are, what political party they are, if they are pretty/attractive). They would never say I'm dull or conventional.

19) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Sleep in, cuddle my dogs, get up, have breakfast, go get coffee, walk about town. Relax in the afternoon. Have people over for dinner, or go to their house, and play board games. Come home, watch Dr. Who, and go to bed.

Anna Jorovic

MBTI Type
INTP
Hello! I was hoping I could get a bit of help with this. I've tested as a few things: ENFP, ENTP, and INFJ. I don't think I'm an INFJ, but I guess it's possible. I copied the questionnaire that I've seen and will answer honestly, so don't get scared. :)

I've always had the ability to just "turn off" my emotions. I haven't spoken to my mother in years and really don't care. I'm numb to it. I also can be quite rational and am opinionated, but I also don't like to hurt people's feelings.

Excitement. Adventure. Experiences. Fun stories to tell. Epic love. Knowledge. Understanding. Change.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Summer after senior year of high school. I was in love, trying new things, and felt truly alive.

When I can't make close friends. I write people out of my life if they hurt me and I have trouble letting new people in, so I end up feeling lonely, except for a select few.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
A mixture of pros/cons, and what my gut says. If these things don't aline, I usually won't do anything that goes against my gut, so I'll try to think of something different entirely.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Totally depends on the project. Is it a personal project or a work/school project? If personal, I usually go through a mountain of info and think things out from beginning to end, and then start. If it's for something professional, I will usually write an outline so that I don't forget anything, and then fill in the details.

On St. Patricks day some friends and I went out driving in my car that has a sunroof, and we wore these headbands with these tall springy 4 leaf clovers on them, that stuck out of the sunroof and weirded out all the teenagers. then we went back to my apartment, drank irish car bombs, and played Cards Against Humanity. I loved the whole night.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I research it and then either talk about it or do it. Usually talking about it makes me learn it best.

I am really organized when I feel like being organized, but I have to motivate myself. I can go a month without folding clothes, just letting them sit in baskets in my closet, but then I'll get in this mood and completely reorganize my closet and hang everything. I'm horribly disorganized with my thoughts, and if it's important I have to actively try to organize it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Definitely the principals behind it. If I don't know why I'm doing something, I won't do it. I don't abide by the rules unless I agree with them.

11) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking unless I get too excited or carried away with the conversation. I like one-on-one communication, and small groups up to 4 or 5 people, then I clam up and will just stand by a wall or something.

12) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'm much better with theory than I am with acting. I get analysis paralysis quite often.

13) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If it's same day I'll say no, if they ask the day before I'll probably go. I tend to get burrowed in and don't want to leave home when I do that.

I don't like people that try to shove their beliefs down my throat. For example, I don't have kids and don't want to. As a woman in her 20's that is not widely accepted and people will constantly give me crap about it. I also don't like busy bodies who only want to talk about other people rather than talk about ideas, the future, theories, ect.

Music, tv, movies, books, politics (as long as they are open minded), religion (again, as long as they are open minded).

Buildings, changes in the physical world, the cleanliness of my surroundings, things like that.

18) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
As being fun-loving, quick, witty, and hyper. They often assume I care about things I don't care about (how nice their house is, what religion they are, what political party they are, if they are pretty/attractive). They would never say I'm dull or conventional.

19) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Sleep in, cuddle my dogs, get up, have breakfast, go get coffee, walk about town. Relax in the afternoon. Have people over for dinner, or go to their house, and play board games. Come home, watch Dr. Who, and go to bed.

I'm pretty sure you're some kind of ExxP type. There's slightly more hints of Ne in this post than Se (but not much), and you don't seem to use Fi much. So my guess is ENTP, possibly ESTP. There isn't enough info to say for sure anything more than ExxP though.

CourtneyJD

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure you're some kind of ExxP type. There's slightly more hints of Ne in this post than Se (but not much), and you don't seem to use Fi much. So my guess is ENTP, possibly ESTP. There isn't enough info to say for sure anything more than ExxP though.

Thank you for your help! I've been doing a lot of research and I agree with you. I have found I hardly use Fi at all, so no way am I ENFP. I'm thinking I'm an ENTP who appears to feel more because of social norms regarding women, but who is actually a thinker. I also definitely use Ti.

Anna Jorovic

MBTI Type
INTP
Thank you for your help! I've been doing a lot of research and I agree with you. I have found I hardly use Fi at all, so no way am I ENFP. I'm thinking I'm an ENTP who appears to feel more because of social norms regarding women, but who is actually a thinker. I also definitely use Ti.

Could you give any examples of how you think you use Ne and Ti regularly in everyday life? That could be helpful. As an INTP, I can spot these two functions from a million miles away haha, so it should be quite easy to tell if you really are using these rather than Se or Fi (try to give examples of when you think you may be using these too, to give us as much objective/balanced data as possible).

CourtneyJD

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry for the delay. I had to think on it!

Ne-I am constantly having abstract ideas and theories about things. I actually have a note on my phone where I write down all my random ideas for things, and I never act on them. I am quick to make connections in the external world. I change my mind all the time whenever a newer, better idea comes along. For example: I had 6 college majors, not because I didn't want to do anything, but because a newer idea would always come along and I'd change my mind. I tend to get stuck in my head and not really do much of what I want to do.

Ti-I tend to delve really deeply into ideas, theories, subjects, and learn all I can about them for awhile, then I'll move on. I know a quite a bit about a ton of different things, because I'll study them to the fullest, and then once my knowledge is satiated, I'll move on to a new topic. I view each situation as a different problem that needs to be addressed, and look for new ways to do things constantly.

This is my thought process anyways. When I feel, it is almost always for others. I tend to not even be sure of who I love, because I get disconnected, so I'm not seeing much Fi in me.

thanks again for your help!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

You seem like some type of ENxP who is an enneagram 7w6 or 6w7.

Fi users constantly think about their values, and what they believe in. Do you find yourself doing this a lot?

Sorry for the delay. I had to think on it!

Ne-I am constantly having abstract ideas and theories about things. I actually have a note on my phone where I write down all my random ideas for things, and I never act on them. I am quick to make connections in the external world. I change my mind all the time whenever a newer, better idea comes along. For example: I had 6 college majors, not because I didn't want to do anything, but because a newer idea would always come along and I'd change my mind. I tend to get stuck in my head and not really do much of what I want to do.

Ti-I tend to delve really deeply into ideas, theories, subjects, and learn all I can about them for awhile, then I'll move on. I know a quite a bit about a ton of different things, because I'll study them to the fullest, and then once my knowledge is satiated, I'll move on to a new topic. I view each situation as a different problem that needs to be addressed, and look for new ways to do things constantly.

This is my thought process anyways. When I feel, it is almost always for others. I tend to not even be sure of who I love, because I get disconnected, so I'm not seeing much Fi in me.

thanks again for your help!

None of that shit that you talked about here sounded anything remotely like Ti. It just sounded like you are using Ne with either Fi or Ti.

No ESTP is an impossibility for her. She said this....

This is a very Ne learning style. ESTP's are much more hands on.

What ESTP is much better with theorizing about something than they are with acting on it? Also what ESTP gets analysis paralysis? None! ESTP's are so action oriented that they never do any of this.

Also, there are these comments...

This makes me think that people's personal beliefs don't really mean much to you, and this is not reminiscent with Fi at all. Personal beliefs are very important to Fi users, but don't really mean that much to Ti users. Plus, the fact that you say that you say that you aren't a big fan of children and don't really want them leads me to believe that you are an ENTP as well. Just about every ENFP that I know loves children and wants to have children. Just about every ENTP that I know says just the opposite.

From the information that the OP has provided, I believe that she is an ENTP whom is a 7w6 or 6w7 and is either sx/so or so/sx.

CourtneyJD

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None of that shit that you talked about here sounded anything remotely like Ti. It just sounded like you are using Ne with either Fi or Ti.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I have trouble verbalizing Ti. Lame ass move, I know.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I can also find it hard to differentiate between Ti and Ne occasionally. But I know I'm an Ne-dom because I bounce ideas off people or any external object. I need some external assistance or inspiration for my ideas. I also find that background noises help me concentrate. Not sure if the last observation is pertinent, but I like throwing random observations and assumptions.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That doesn't surprise me at all. I have trouble verbalizing Ti. Lame ass move, I know.

I had this same problem: I thought I was ENFP for a while, and later came to the conclusion that I was an ENTP. You are also 7w6 and I am 6w7, and also Sx dom so we are pretty close in type. These are some of the things that I have noticed that are strong differences between the ENFP and ENTP:

1. ENFP's CONSTANTLY think about their values and what they believe in. It is so natural for them to do this, that it's like they don't even have to try to do this. ENFP's use Fi to figure out what they believe in, and they use Te to enforce their values. So Fi is the judge and Te is the executioner. ENFP's values are also more concrete than an ENTP's values. The ENFP's values are concrete and unbreakable, whereas the ENTP's more values tend to be more flexible and tend to be more situational.

2. ENFP head types and ENTP head types are different. If you are type 5, 6, or 7 then you are a head type. Head types are constantly in their heads, constantly think about things, and constantly have "mental chatter" so to say. You are a head type, so this applies to you and to me. ENFP head types tend to think a lot but when they are in their head it is almost like Peter Pan land or like the kid from "The Never Ending Story". Their minds are much more dreamy and fantasy based. However, the ENTP head type is much different. ENTP head types are much more scientific in nature, much more analytical, much more technical, and much more strategic. When envisioning the ENTP head type, think of a "Game of Thrones" character or a scientist.

3. The way that ENFP's and ENTP's experience feelings and emotions are very different. ENFP's tend to relate everything back to themselves and ENTP's tend to suck other people's emotions in like a vacuum. For instance, let's way an ENFP and an ENTP were both at a funeral, and a friend of there's was mourning because their Grandpa just died: The ENFP at the funeral would think of a time, when they felt that way, and then feel bad for the other person because of this. So the ENFP would say to themselves, "Man I remember how sad I was when my Grandpa died", man that was awful for me. This must be how the other person feels. I feel bad for him now." The ENTP would be completely different. The ENTP would just feel the other person's emotion and suck it in like a vacuum. For instance, the ENTP would be like, "Man he is so sad, now I'm sad". The two do this because the ENFP uses Fi and the ENTP uses Fe.

I hope this information helps you to decide on your type. I think that you are ENTP personally.

CourtneyJD

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had this same problem: I thought I was ENFP for a while, and later came to the conclusion that I was an ENTP. You are also 7w6 and I am 6w7, and also Sx dom so we are pretty close in type. These are some of the things that I have noticed that are strong differences between the ENFP and ENTP:

1. ENFP's CONSTANTLY think about their values and what they believe in. It is so natural for them to do this, that it's like they don't even have to try to do this. ENFP's use Fi to figure out what they believe in, and they use Te to enforce their values. So Fi is the judge and Te is the executioner. ENFP's values are also more concrete than an ENTP's values. The ENFP's values are concrete and unbreakable, whereas the ENTP's more values tend to be more flexible and tend to be more situational.

2. ENFP head types and ENTP head types are different. If you are type 5, 6, or 7 then you are a head type. Head types are constantly in their heads, constantly think about things, and constantly have "mental chatter" so to say. You are a head type, so this applies to you and to me. ENFP head types tend to think a lot but when they are in their head it is almost like Peter Pan land or like the kid from "The Never Ending Story". Their minds are much more dreamy and fantasy based. However, the ENTP head type is much different. ENTP head types are much more scientific in nature, much more analytical, much more technical, and much more strategic. When envisioning the ENTP head type, think of a "Game of Thrones" character or a scientist.

3. The way that ENFP's and ENTP's experience feelings and emotions are very different. ENFP's tend to relate everything back to themselves and ENTP's tend to suck other people's emotions in like a vacuum. For instance, let's way an ENFP and an ENTP were both at a funeral, and a friend of there's was mourning because their Grandpa just died: The ENFP at the funeral would think of a time, when they felt that way, and then feel bad for the other person because of this. So the ENFP would say to themselves, "Man I remember how sad I was when my Grandpa died", man that was awful for me. This must be how the other person feels. I feel bad for him now." The ENTP would be completely different. The ENTP would just feel the other person's emotion and suck it in like a vacuum. For instance, the ENTP would be like, "Man he is so sad, now I'm sad". The two do this because the ENFP uses Fi and the ENTP uses Fe.

I hope this information helps you to decide on your type. I think that you are ENTP personally.

That was very helpful. I've done research as well and am pretty certain I'm an ENTP. I have very flexible values, think about this analytically, and definitely experience other's emotions without needing to filter through myself.

You=awesome

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That was very helpful. I've done research as well and am pretty certain I'm an ENTP. I have very flexible values, think about this analytically, and definitely experience other's emotions without needing to filter through myself.

You=awesome

I know, I know. I'm totally awesome.