• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trying to Tritype

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay, so I know I am first and foremost a 2w1. But, I am a bit indecisive about a tritype. I'm pretty sure my head center is a 6w7, but I am honestly uncertain about my gut center. I could see myself lastly being a 1w2, 9w8, or an 8w9. I'm probably leaning towards 261... Thoughts?

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] Here's a little info I dug up on 261, source linked at the end. :)

261 and 269 seem like they should be similar but are actually very different types of 2. Both are helpful, dutiful and kindhearted. The 269 is the good samaritan that is very helpful, mellow and passive. They struggle with asserting themselves but work tirelessly for others. The 261 is the true militant 2 that is very 1ish and strident with a focus on being of service. They can think that they are a 1 at first especially with the social instinct.

2-6-1 – The Obedient

This type ignores their own desires. They are very loyal and act as they feel they should and often for others. They want to serve and they tend to expect others to as well.

For example, A 2 that occasionally deals with anxiety by distracting themselves, and deals with anger by controlling their surroundings, would be a 2-7-8, and would be different to a different two that deals with anxiety with vigilance, distrust of authority, and anger by being self critical, which would be 2-6-1.

Source here.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] Here's a little info I dug up on 261, source linked at the end. :)

261 and 269 seem like they should be similar but are actually very different types of 2. Both are helpful, dutiful and kindhearted. The 269 is the good samaritan that is very helpful, mellow and passive. They struggle with asserting themselves but work tirelessly for others. The 261 is the true militant 2 that is very 1ish and strident with a focus on being of service. They can think that they are a 1 at first especially with the social instinct.

2-6-1 – The Obedient

This type ignores their own desires. They are very loyal and act as they feel they should and often for others. They want to serve and they tend to expect others to as well.

For example, A 2 that occasionally deals with anxiety by distracting themselves, and deals with anger by controlling their surroundings, would be a 2-7-8, and would be different to a different two that deals with anxiety with vigilance, distrust of authority, and anger by being self critical, which would be 2-6-1.

Source here.

Thanks! I am thinking I might be more of a 2w1 5w6 1w2 at this point...

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Despite what is sexylicious with the peeps these days. I wouldn't really give tritypes the time of day, and just sort of focus on what is the core. I would just I don't know, actually look at the person's behavior instead of needing to fill out every single facet of yourself and lose sight of what is actually important, and what is inconsequential. If you are going to tritype yourself, just pick whatever is the sexiest or whatever. It'll still be true anyways, so you aren't really lying to yourself if you don't really feel it.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
1. How do you deal with anger? Do you act out, deny, or attempt control?
2. Which area gives you the most anxiety? The external world, your own mind, or your internal moods?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

2. Which area gives you the most anxiety? The external world, your own mind, or your internal moods?

*Looks at your E type*

Things are starting to make more sense.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Aw come on, nothing is sexier than being "The Obedient"

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aw come on, nothing is sexier than being "The Obedient"

261 "The Obedient" x 258 "The Dominator" = OTP

261/258 4 evr!!1!

Anyway [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] (I definitely got it right this time), you seem more 6ish than 5ish to me. Just off of vibe really, although you do seem to look to others for guidance and support more than a 5-fixer would. I have no idea about your gut fix but you may mistake it for 1w2 just because your core type is 2w1. I don't think you have an 8 fix but 9 is possible.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

1. I would say I attempt control. I can be fairly confrontational. But, in a level headed, well thought out way.
2. Hmmm, I'm not sure between my own mind and the external world. Because things outside my control in the world give me a fair bit of anxiety. But, I feel like it's the way I perceive those things that's often the problem, which makes me think it might be in my own head. But, I suppose the real root is things outside my control.

261 "The Obedient" x 258 "The Dominator" = OTP

261/258 4 evr!!1!

Anyway [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] (I definitely got it right this time), you seem more 6ish than 5ish to me. Just off of vibe really, although you do seem to look to others for guidance and support more than a 5-fixer would. I have no idea about your gut fix but you may mistake it for 1w2 just because your core type is 2w1. I don't think you have an 8 fix but 9 is possible.

I thought maybe 9, but all the 9 definitions have the word "passive" in them, which is not me. Maybe 1w9 though?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought maybe 9, but all the 9 definitions have the word "passive" in them, which is not me. Maybe 1w9 though?

That sounds good. :) From your post I'm leaning towards 2w1>6w5>1w9. Just an initial guess though.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Maybe more passive in comparison with other 2s. Forget about the descriptions though, they're pretty uselessssss. My fixes are 6w7 and 9w1 fwiw.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
What's tripping me up is how often you refer to yourself as confrontational. 268 = The Rescuer. Try that on for size.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
mellow yellow