• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone willing to type me?

Lady-Marian

I'll jump right into the questions.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
It's not from my personality that I get my doubt, but from the whole theory of cognitive functions. I know a lot of people use them to type people, but how reliable are they really? I mean, how do we know that they work? Whenever I feel sure of my type, I check out the cognitive functions, and they don't pin me down at all. Or, when the cognitive functions appear to line up with me, the type description doesn't. In short, I neither like nor trust cognitive functions. Take from that what you will.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I'm constantly searching for new knowledge. I want to learn more, I want to know more, I want to understand more. I don't exactly know why, but I like to learn and I'm good at learning.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel like I'm at my finest when I succeed at something (intellectually) that was challenging. This is probably why I perform well in school. It makes me sound like an awful person, but the better I did and the worse others did, the better I feel about myself.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when I know something and try to communicate what I know to someone else, but it comes out wrong and no one understands me. An added bonus is when someone makes fun of me because they think I don't know what I'm talking about. Joy.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I haven't had to make many important decisions in my life (I'm still in high school), but I would say that I tend to be more logical in my decisions. The decisions that have the most impact on my life have been the classes I've chosen for school, and I've always taken the most advanced classes offered to me, even if I think I might regret it in the future. I know that the benefit of the harder class will help me more than any other classes. If you give me theoretical situations, I would be better at answering this question.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Absolutely, I hate taking credit for others' work (or lack thereof), or having others take credit for my work. This is why I despise working in groups. No matter how much I work to get my desired result, I'm still being graded on how well the others did.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
At first it took me a while to think of a time when I had fun, because my mind immediately went to hanging out with friends and partying. And then I remembered that I'm an introvert (of this I am positive). As geeky as it sounds, I have a lot of fun learning. I like to look things up on the internet and figure out as much as I can on the topic before moving on. In fact, if seen on my phone, I'm much more likely to be doing this than texting. I also have a lot of fun (or, I get very excited, at least) when someone understands and is passionate about the same things that I am. After a conversation about future goals and plans, writing, or pet peeves about my generation, I often find myself unable to stop smiling because they understand. If the conversation lasts a long time, I'll also sometimes get very jittery (I'll start shaking, and my teeth with start chattering even), like I drank too many energy drinks. I don't know what to make of this.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I have stellar memorization skills, so I tend to use that a lot. Not to mention, to succeed in the American school system, all you have to do is memorize what they give you and spit it back out again. In my harder classes, namely AP US History, I tend to theorize more. What is the significance of this event? Is it still affecting us today? What was the cause/effect? That is how I succeed in that class.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
My room is very disorganized, but as a person I am very organized. My folders only have what is necessary in them, my class notes are organized in a practical way, my locker is organized, the way I place my books on my desk is organized... but not my room. I actually don't spend much time in my room. When I'm in my room, I'm on my computer. My computer is organized. I have a new window for each "subject." For example, I have a window for just MBTI information. My desktop is organized. My folders are organized. Yeah, I like to think I'm pretty organized (yet, my room...?).

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I know I'm supposed to choose one or the other, but I use both. For example: cognitive functions. They didn't make sense to me, and so I looked up how reliable they were. I know I found a few sources that said they weren't totally reliable, but they have gotten lost on the interwebs. My approach to new ideas is a fairly logical one. Just today I was asked, along with a group of peers, to sculpt something that I feel deeply about (exercising my sass, I sculpted a small cube to represent our school system, rigid and difficult to fit into, and I left a chuck of clay as it was without doing anything to represent the unmet potential of the majority of my peers). One of my friends sculpture was simply abstract, and when asked about it, she said, "Well, I don't know what it means." I find that quite illogical. First of all, you were asked to sculpt something you feel deeply about. In my opinion, she did not follow the instructions. Secondly, how do you not know why you sculpted what you sculpted? Yeah, I think she was screwing around.

11) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
If I have time, I'll plan out every word that I will say in a conversation, as well as how I will hold my body, where I will look, and what gestures I will make. I can't say that I favor one-on-one vs. group discussion. Part of this is the fear practically everyone has of the "we need to talk..." one-on-one communication. Communication with one other person scares me in that they'll be paying attention to only me, so I need to make sure I'm perceived correctly (thus the obsessive planning). I enjoy group communication when I can get a voice in, but if I can't I'll retreat into my head. Why should I try to get my point across if no one cares? I like one-on-one communication when we both are passionate about the topic. If not, it's dull and tedious. I don't like communication, really.

12) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm going before I get there. No surprises for me. I think carefully before making decisions. I do believe that you have to "walk the walk." If you constantly say you'll do something but never do, well, then I'll judge you by your actions, not your empty promises.

13) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
First of all, my friends should know better. I would definitely tell them to go on without me. Quickly, though, so I don't miss the show.

14) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I don't get stressed very often because I'm very planned out. I know what I can accomplish, and I don't take on more than I have time to do. That being said, when I haven't gotten enough sleep, work is being piled on me faster than I can organize my thoughts, and people are being exceptionally stupid, I get very snippy. I'll often find myself blocked and unable to accomplish work (which doesn't help with the stress). I'll often reply, "No." to favors worded: "Will you do X activity?" very quickly and then try and explain why I can't do it. Yeah, people don't like that. After I get some sleep and ample planning time, though, I'm all better.

15) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Oh, don't get me started. In general, people who expect a result disproportionate from the work they did are the most annoying. I have an example: one of my... well, I don't really consider her a friend, but we have so many classes together, and she thinks we're friends, so... yeah, I'll call her a friend (after all, she's not all bad, but I would break off the relationship with her if we didn't have to see each other so much). I've typed her as an ISFJ (but take that with a grain of salt, as I can't even type myself), and there is so much about her that I can't stand. She thinks she's better at things than she really is. Just today, she said, "Yeah, I'm good at that. I don't have to study--I'll do fine." I know for a fact that she is not good at the exact thing she's talking about. In fact, on the last test that we had on this topic, she got half wrong! She also takes everything personal. I'm prone to making random observations and she'll always make them about her, when I didn't mean them that way. She's an only child, though, so I can see where this comes from. What else... Well, she'll go from moody and angry with me to joyful in .025 seconds.

Sorry about the rant, but I can't tell any of my real life friends or acquaintances about this because they all know her and are friends with her. To summarize: people who don't work but expect positive results, people who lie, and people whose emotions change rapidly. And people who are just plain incompetent.

16) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yes. I really like to talk about anything that has to do with plans for the future, such as classes we plan on taking next year, college degrees, colleges, and careers. I also like talking about personality types with other people (one of the reasons I want to know my type is so that I can have a solid answer when someone asks, "And what's your type?"), and helping them find their type. I like discussing what we're learning in class (although it's hard to find people who enjoy that, as most people prefer to talk about what we're doing in class and whining about how much work it is), particularly math, science, history, orchestra, and English. I really like discussing the TV shows I watch with other people too, and when it comes to this I can be seen exhibiting large amounts of emotion. For example, a common conversation about a show might go as follows.

"Can you believe that character X did X?"
"I know, right? I totally called it!"
"But whyyyyyyy? Why would they do that to us? Just--ugh!"
"Ugh! Do they like torturing us? Aaaaaaaaahh!"

I could be seen taking either side of the conversation there. I also really enjoy talking about writing (I write everything from poetry to essays and short stories to novels).

17) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Honestly, I'm rarely ever present in the present moment. It's hard to explain (especially to people who don't experience it), but I can be having a conversation with someone on auto-pilot, but be fighting mythical creatures or solving a problem in my mind. I rarely feel "in the moment," and I can tell when I am. I imagine it's like someone with bad eyesight putting on glasses for the first time: "Oh! That's what the world looks like?" I become very aware of my present surroundings for a minute or two before taking the glasses off and ignoring my environment again.

18) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friends perceive me as more serious than not, perfectionist, and hard. To an extent, I am harsh, but I would say that this is what's most wrong with their perception. A lot of the time I want to be kinder than I am, but when people throw up excuses when I offer suggestions, I shut down and wonder why I bothered. I understand the excuses, though. I make excuses all the time, but they're not, "Well, I'll do my work at home." or "Well, my dad did this and then this and that's why I can't do this." My excuses take the form of, "I was wrong at that time because I was misinformed by X source." or "I'm late because a teacher wanted to talk with me after class and I was stopped in the hall during passing time by a friend." I'm never late, though, lol.

19) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I sleep in, and when I wake I up I spend the day on my computer reading up on things, participating in conversations about things I enjoy (for example, Tumblr is a website where I'll talk with people about my passion for certain TV shows or movies), writing, and surfing the internet for anything that catches my eye. I would only leave my room to use the bathroom and eat food (and sometimes I've been so distracted that I skip meals or so busy on my laptop that I decide to continue what I'm doing rather than take a break for food). If I had my fill of that, I would leave my room to bake something, or read a book (I have a specific reading spot).

If you've gotten this far, thanks for that. I'd appreciate any insight into my personality that you can offer. Feel free to ask more questions--I won't be stingy with information.

brookeedesiree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
You quite remind me of myself actually. (Side note - Isn't Tumblr awesome?) I would say you are an IxTJ, but I am by no means an expert. Have you taken an MBTI test? There are many free tests based on it online that are quite accurate, if I do say so myself. Here, take this and see what you get! http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
Also, did you ever figure out the functions? I am still quite confused....

Lady-Marian

You quite remind me of myself actually. (Side note - Isn't Tumblr awesome?) I would say you are an IxTJ, but I am by no means an expert. Have you taken an MBTI test? There are many free tests based on it online that are quite accurate, if I do say so myself. Here, take this and see what you get! http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
Also, did you ever figure out the functions? I am still quite confused....

Yes, Tumblr is amazing. I think your conclusion is pretty accurate. I've tested as INFJ, INTP, and INTJ, and I've hear that the tests are only around 70% accurate, so I'm not going to trust the tests. That's why I'm trying to see how people would type me, rather than a cookie-cutter test. I might try taking your test in the morning--don't want my lack of sleep to mess with the results. As for the cognitive functions, no, I don't full understand them, but I know that by changing one letter in your MBTI code you can change every single cognitive function, which is when things started to smell fish to me.

Bon nuit!

brookeedesiree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yes, Tumblr is amazing. I think your conclusion is pretty accurate. I've tested as INFJ, INTP, and INTJ, and I've hear that the tests are only around 70% accurate, so I'm not going to trust the tests. That's why I'm trying to see how people would type me, rather than a cookie-cutter test. I might try taking your test in the morning--don't want my lack of sleep to mess with the results. As for the cognitive functions, no, I don't full understand them, but I know that by changing one letter in your MBTI code you can change every single cognitive function, which is when things started to smell fish to me.

Bon nuit!

Well yes, the tests are not 100% accurate, but neither are our answers... Do you like change? Do you feel the need the mix things up quite often? Or do you prefer to keep things the same?

On a different note, I have met only one INFJ in real life, and they drive me insane. Although I appreciate their phenomenal memory, and brain power, they are very, very clingy, and emotional, and just generally too complex for my simple (or so I would like to think) ISTJ self... From what you said, this doesn't sound like you, but obviously no two people are the exact same, even if they are the same type......

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
You sound like an INFJ to me. And if you're dubious about the cognitive functions, that may indicate that you have good judgment.

The MBTI dichotomies, which substantially line up with four of the Big Five personality dimensions, now have decades of studies in support of their validity and reliability, while the "cognitive functions" — which James Reynierse (in this 2009 article) refers to as a "category mistake" — have barely been studied. And the reason they've barely been studied is that, unlike the dichotomies, they've never been taken seriously by any significant number of academic psychologists.

For more, see this post and the posts it links to.

Assuming you have reasonably well-defined preferences, I think you're more likely to correctly type yourself using dichotomy-based tests than tests (or analysis) based on the "cognitive functions." And if you've got one or more preferences that are in or near the middle, I think dichotomy-based tests are more likely to correctly indicate that situation as well. Even cognitive function aficionados generally don't claim that there's any test they can point you to that's particularly likely to give you results that place your dominant function in first place and your auxiliary function in second place — never mind ID-ing your tertiary and inferior functions in any easy-to-spot way.

If I was going to have somebody take two type tests, I'd have them take this one (the official "Step I" MBTI) and this similarminds Big Five/SLOAN test. The second test will (purport to) type you on the Neuroticism (aka Emotional Stability) dimension — in addition to the four Big Five dimensions with substantial MBTI correlations. And I've put some more information about the Big Five and that similarminds test in the first spoiler.

I should also note that, assuming you're an IN — and I'd say there isn't much doubt about that — I think there's a significant chance that you'll come out T (which translates to "E" on the SLOAN test) on one or both of those tests even if you're really an F. In four years of participating in type-me threads at INTJforum, I've often noted that I think it's not uncommon for INFs to test as INTs, at least partly because many of the F choices on typical MBTI tests (including the official test) are choices that are more likely to appeal to SFs and EFs than INFs — and not only do I think that's more true of INFJs than INFPs, I think it's probably even more true of female INFJs than male INFJs. I think male F's are often aware that they differ from cultural male stereotypes in ways that make them more "F-ish" than average whereas, by contrast, I think INFJ women who compare themselves to cultural female stereotypes (not to mention the majority of actual women) are reasonably likely to think of themselves as more T-ish than those "feeler" women (EFs, SFs and, especially, ESFs). In any case, it's certainly been my experience that it's considerably more common for an INFJ (male or female) to mistype as INTJ (and later conclude they're really INFJ) than vice versa. I think that, in some ways, it's fair to say that INFJs are both the "least F" of the F's and the "least NF" of the NFs.

In case they're of any use to you, I've put profile roundups for the four IN types in the next spoiler. If you're interested, one possible way you could give prospective type-me contributors more information to go on is to read through some profiles of the two (or three) types you consider the most likely and post about anything in them that provokes a notably strong "that's me" or "that's not me" reaction — but, if you're going to take those linked tests and post your results, you may want to do that first and wait to get some more feedback on those before you decide which profiles it makes sense to be posting about.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see how "Inquisitive vs. Non-Curious" corresponds with N vs. S.

Can you explain please?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

Can you explain please?

You can look at any particular Big Five characterization of the Openness to Experience dimension and compare it to any particular characterization of MBTI S/N and think, hmmm, I see overlap but also differences — but the same is true if you compare various MBTI theorists' characterizations with each other (e.g., dichotomy-centric vs. function-centric characterizations) or various Big Five theorists' characterizations with each other.

McCrae and Costa are the most prominent Big Five psychologists, and they long ago concluded (see this article) that the MBTI dichotomies are essentially tapping into the same real underlying human temperament dimensions as four of the Big Five factors — while acknowledging that each typology may have things to teach the other.

If you're interested, you can find more discussion of that issue in this 2003 article.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can look at any particular Big Five characterization of the Openness to Experience dimension and compare it to any particular characterization of MBTI S/N and think, hmmm, I see overlap but also differences — but the same is true if you compare various MBTI theorists' characterizations with each other (e.g., dichotomy-centric vs. function-centric characterizations) or various Big Five theorists' characterizations with each other.

McCrae and Costa are the most prominent Big Five psychologists, and they long ago concluded (see this article) that the MBTI dichotomies are essentially tapping into the same real underlying human temperament dimensions as four of the Big Five factors — while acknowledging that each typology may have things to teach the other.

If you're interested, you can find more discussion of that issue in this 2003 article.

It will be very interesting, because I know a guy who scored 100% Sensor on the MBTI who has a deep curiosity about things like human nature.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Can you explain please?

I can see the correspondence, but it's really not a good measure in my opinion. Curiosity is a human characteristic, not an Intuitive one. I think there is a certain flavor of it which differs, but you can't really capture that in a test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see the correspondence, but it's really not a good measure in my opinion. Curiosity is a human characteristic, not an Intuitive one. I think there is a certain flavor of it which differs, but you can't really capture that in a test.

I can't SEE the correspondence. That's argument by imagination.

So how is sensory curiosity a different "flavor" from intuitive curiosity?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't SEE the correspondence. That's argument by imagination.

So how is sensory curiosity a different "flavor" from intuitive curiosity?

Curiosity in different ways about different things? Just like any other thing which is attributed to cognitive functions and MBTI.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Curiosity in different ways about different things? Just like any other thing which is attributed to cognitive functions and MBTI.

Can you be more general, please?

Lady-Marian

Well yes, the tests are not 100% accurate, but neither are our answers... Do you like change? Do you feel the need the mix things up quite often? Or do you prefer to keep things the same?

On a different note, I have met only one INFJ in real life, and they drive me insane. Although I appreciate their phenomenal memory, and brain power, they are very, very clingy, and emotional, and just generally too complex for my simple (or so I would like to think) ISTJ self... From what you said, this doesn't sound like you, but obviously no two people are the exact same, even if they are the same type......

No, I'm not terribly fond of changes, especially in routine. Like I said, I have a specific place for reading, but I also have specified places for studying and going on my computer. I abhor when teachers change test dates to cater to the students who didn't do their work on time. If that's the case, those students deserve to fail.

I'm not clingy at all. In fact, I never initiate any emotional connections with my friends. Now, that's not to say that I don't respond when they initiate them. I'm simply not prone to create an emotional, feel-y situation.

Lady-Marian

INTJ test.jpg

RCOEI test.jpg

I am female, if I didn't mention that in my original post, and I did test as an INTJ. I think it's very interesting that the INFJ is the least "F" of the feelers. I think I'll look at the portraits of both the INFJ and the INTJ and highlight what I relate to in each of them after I get a little more feedback. Thank you for your in depth response. Also, it's nice to know that I'm not alone in thinking that cognitive functions just aren't the best way to type yourself.

Edit: Sorry that the pictures of my results are so small.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
As you probably know, you got reasonably clear IN_J (and IN_J-equivalent) scores on both those tests.

And reasonably strong T scores, too, of course, but I'm still treating that as your one potentially undecided dimension. In light of those test scores and after rereading some of your OP, though, maybe I'm more on the fence than leaning F at this point.

I'll be interested to hear what aspects of any of those INTJ and/or INFJ profiles provoke a notably strong "just like me" or "not like me" reaction.

I

Infinite Bubble

You seem like a clear INTJ to me. Very Te, almost enough to be dominant if not for the blatant introversion. Could be an ISTJ, but there were a few things in there that tipped the balance in favour of intuition.

LUBUS

MBTI Type
INTP
Lady Marian?

INFJ, surely?

ISFJ if you're naughty in bed!

Lady-Marian

My apologies for leaving this thread unattended for such a long time! Finals and the holidays got the better of me. Thank you all for your insights! I'm going to decide which bits of the INFJ and the INTJ portrait I relate with the most (as I said I would). Stay tuned!

Lady-Marian

INFJ

(taken from http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INFJ.html)

As an INFJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit with your personal value system.

INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types.

INFJs place great importance on havings things orderly and systematic in their outer world. They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives. On the other hand, INFJs operate within themselves on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it. Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions. This is something of a conflict between the inner and outer worlds, and may result in the INFJ not being as organized as other Judging types tend to be. Or we may see some signs of disarray in an otherwise orderly tendency, such as a consistently messy desk.

INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. As an extreme example, some INFJs report experiences of a psychic nature, such as getting strong feelings about there being a problem with a loved one, and discovering later that they were in a car accident. This is the sort of thing that other types may scorn and scoff at, and the INFJ themself does not really understand their intuition at a level which can be verbalized. Consequently, most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress.

Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. They believe that they're right. On the other hand, INFJ is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential. INFJs are rarely at complete peace with themselves - there's always something else they should be doing to improve themselves and the world around them. They believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in their accomplishments. They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right. In deference to the Feeling aspect of their personalities, INFJs are in some ways gentle and easy going. Conversely, they have very high expectations of themselves, and frequently of their families. They don't believe in compromising their ideals.

INFJ is a natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective. They make loving parents and usually have strong bonds with their offspring. They have high expectations of their children, and push them to be the best that they can be. This can sometimes manifest itself in the INFJ being hard-nosed and stubborn. But generally, children of an INFJ get devoted and sincere parental guidance, combined with deep caring. (NOTE: Not a parent, so I'll ignore this.)

In the workplace, the INFJ usually shows up in areas where they can be creative and somewhat independent. They have a natural affinity for art, and many excel in the sciences, where they make use of their intuition. INFJs can also be found in service-oriented professions. They are not good at dealing with minutia or very detailed tasks. The INFJ will either avoid such things, or else go to the other extreme and become enveloped in the details to the extent that they can no longer see the big picture. An INFJ who has gone the route of becoming meticulous about details may be highly critical of other individuals who are not.

The INFJ individual is gifted in ways that other types are not. Life is not necessarily easy for the INFJ, but they are capable of great depth of feeling and personal achievement.

---

What I've bolded is what I identify with. I'll do the INTJ next. If you have a different source/article you'd like me to read on the types that you believe to be more accurate, I'd be happy to check it out.