• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

S or N

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Got it. That's what I figured you were referring to. :)

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Is it really possible to have no preference between S and? Because I test with a 1% preference for S, but I'm really not sure what I am. I keep seeing that ESFJs apparently blindly follow social conventions, which is not me... In actuality, I probably do follow a lot of social conventions, but not blindly. I over think pretty much everything.

I'm very practical and down to earth and generally look at the big picture. However, I am also constantly planning for the future and trying to solve problems. I spend a lot of time ruminating on future possibilities, as well as things that have happened in the past.

So, basically, I would like some help. Opinions? Questions? I'm pretty open to sharing just about anything.

Is it really possible for me to have no preference? Or am I just an S with anxiety?

You have a preference for intuition largely because you are constantly looking forward in the future, as well as looking toward the past. An ESFJ despite their preference for Si-Se would mostly just focus on present issues.

Besides I'm of the opinion that it's unlikely that functions express themselves as Xd-Xe-Xd-Xe anyways so take that as you will. An ENFJ would usually express their intuition in an outward way anyways.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You have a preference for intuition largely because you are constantly looking forward in the future, as well as looking toward the past. An ESFJ despite their preference for Si-Se would mostly just focus on present issues.

The one caveat I would make to this is ESxJs do tend to be planners and focus on tangible future issues.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
North and south get too much love on here.

I never see any E vs W threads....

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
The one caveat I would make to this is ESxJs do tend to be planners and focus on tangible future issues.

That is a very MBTI-ish way of thinking. Which I believe isn't looked to well here, but you have point. Just not one that I agree too much with.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That is a very MBTI-ish way of thinking. Which I believe isn't looked to well here, but you have point. Just not one that I agree too much with.

Believe what you want... my mom is an ESFJ super-planner. She's thinking about future events all the time. She still identifies strongly as ESFJ. As does my coworker who identifies as ESTJ and always has her schedule book around. I do not choose to stick with rigid S/N stereotype.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFJ makes good organisers. So I agree with the above poster.