• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

VERY changing MBTI result!

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
Yup, that sums it up. I have spent some time meditating and developing my Se, which has lead me to the discovery that my MBTI results seem to change. How the heck do I know what I am?

Sometimes I get ISTP, now I got ENTP, earlier it used to spit INxJ at me. I REALLY don't believe that your "type" is static. Rather it changes over time as you learn new things and go through different seasons in life..

I'm certain I'm introverted, even though I've learnt to prolong my socializing considerably, without the need to hang back to recharge. What about the rest of the letters?

Btw, some of you seem to believe that you can "type" a person, just from looking at a picture?! Seriously!? HAHAHA!

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Introversion isn't particularly just about needing to "recharge" after you have a conversation. (I just need to "recharge" if I had a difficult time talking to other people) It's generally about subjectivity, doing things your own way blah blah blah.

Maybe you are just an introvert with no real "type" to you. You can have pretty balanced N/S T/F preferences and not really have much of a type outside of introversion. Which I believe that I am honestly. I have no real clue as to if most people out there have types, Jung said that most people are ambiverts, and by nature they wouldn't really have much of a type to begin with so who knows? I like to entertain the thought of heavy preferences aren't particularly common.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup, that sums it up. I have spent some time meditating and developing my Se, which has lead me to the discovery that my MBTI results seem to change. How the heck do I know what I am?

Sometimes I get ISTP, now I got ENTP, earlier it used to spit INxJ at me. I REALLY don't believe that your "type" is static. Rather it changes over time as you learn new things and go through different seasons in life..

I'm certain I'm introverted, even though I've learnt to prolong my socializing considerably, without the need to hang back to recharge. What about the rest of the letters?

Btw, some of you seem to believe that you can "type" a person, just from looking at a picture?! Seriously!? HAHAHA!

Which test are you taking?

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
When I give personality lectures in academia (still a grad student), I'd iterate that people can change: it’s merely unlikely to happen drastically without negating what has brought a person ‘here’. Despite that genes need environmental influences to thrive, changes are usually seen generationally because a lifetime isn’t often enough; although, it's more probable for some than others. Hence, there is a range that one can change into, and sometimes that range is consistent within one personality theory, sometimes it’s not.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, but YOU are focusing too much on the details and not on the big picture. The best way to take these tests is to focus on how you've been most of your life, not how you happen to be feeling at the time you take the test.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mal+ is right. You can't fill out these tests based on your current feeling, you have to pay attention on how you've been most of your life. MBTI types can develope, learn and adapt. Nothing in this world is constant, human personality the least. Every MBTI can develope not only the functions he's been using the whole life, but also the shadow functions, it's a matter of how mature your personality is. You develope your dominant function as first, when you're just a little kid, your choice of activities and your talenets, interests are all influenced by your most developed function, then later you develope auxiliary function and again latter you can develope the rest of your functions along with shadow ones. But it won't change your type, you will just develope and become a mature personality.

G

Ginkgo

It's really not, but I wouldn't use those tests as evidence of anything, including the notion that your MBTI type changes. They're unreliable and basically amount to something that ought to be taken for gits and shittles.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I give personality lectures in academia (still a grad student), I'd iterate that people can change: it’s merely unlikely to happen drastically without negating what has brought a person ‘here’. Despite that genes need environmental influences to thrive, changes are usually seen generationally because a lifetime isn’t often enough; although, it's more probable for some than others. Hence, there is a range that one can change into, and sometimes that range is consistent within one personality theory, sometimes it’s not.

I really like this explanation.

In general I believe a person's MBTI preferences tend to be set around 5-6 years old and tend to remain that way barring significant life trauma - though some people's preferences rest so close to boundary lines that they may waver their whole life long.

Alpha Prime said:

I'm not one for typing off pictures, but it's also not completely out of the realm of reason that there may be visual cues that can provide some degree of evidence for certain traits. The Ni "thousand-yard-stare" seems to be one visual characteristic that is fairly consistent and recognizable in static images.

IMO, though, type is "best fit", so only by talking with the person themself and having them learn the theory and make their own decision can you determine a type with any real degree of certainty. Until that point all you can really do is make a good guess.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I really like this explanation.

In general I believe a person's MBTI preferences tend to be set around 5-6 years old and tend to remain that way barring significant life trauma - though some people's preferences rest so close to boundary lines that they may waver their whole life long.

Right on. Keep up the theorizing. :)