• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

so confused about my type

lume

I'm into this mbti thing for a year now and I really can't tell which type I am. I first looked into letters and it made not much sense. But the functions didn't make sense either. What I'm pretty sure about is that I'm an introvert and probably a feeler, but I can't tell if I'm ISFP, ISFJ, INFP or INFJ. I'm not sure what to say so I'll just list things about me

-I'm hypersensitive, easily hurt or feeling criticized and I'm defensive then.
-I'm appearing cold, distant and withdrawn.
-I don't feel like I fit in, and I never felt so, I have like 3 friends which I really like, I just don't get along with people because they're making me feel anxious or they're annoying me - this combination is a bit weird maybe
-I often worry a lot
-I'm not easy to get along with because I keep my distance, it's like I want to get along with people but whenever I get to know someone they're becoming really clingy.
-Some people would say that I'm quite intelligent, and a friend of mine who also knows a bit about mbti said that I'm really not a sensor, but I'm not sure, maybe I'm a intelligent sensor?
-I tend to zone out and daydream a lot, my thoughts are floating away in nearly every situation and I'm easily distracted
-But I don't have a vision of change or something, ugh no really not.
-I would never ever like to work with people in my future (like a nurse or something)
-I'm a singer and I'm playing guitar
-I often have a deja-vu like feeling
-I'm moody as fuck
-I don't like to show my emotions but if you know me you can tell exactly how I feel just by looking at me.

I'm not sure whether I'm using Ni, Si or Fi as first function nor what my secound function could be, I have no clue, please help me.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Likely INFJ 4w5, maybe INFP, but definitely not a sensor.

S

Stansmith

Oh ok, why do you think so? I also thought of INFJ but I'm nut sure if I'm really using Ni.

Which of these do you relate to?

ISTP/INFJ: Ti/Ni or Ni/Ti--Schizoid Personality Disorder.

These types are socially incompetent for lack of trying, because they see little to no value in significant interaction with others. They live in their own abstract worlds, constantly second-guessing themselves as Ti poses a framework for a problem and Ni shoots it down as too definitionally precise. Without any real external input, these two functions will dream up all sorts of elaborate systems and implications for them, only to repeat their own self-defeating behavior, never bothering to emphasize putting any of its intense ideas into practice. Frequent disregard for rules, laws and other forms of behavioral standards is common, as no function provides any significant sense of external influence. If Se/Fe were doing its job, the user would recognize the value of connecting with others and of paying attention to their needs, preferences, habits and appearances.

ISFP/INTJ: Fi/Ni or Ni/Fi--Paranoid Personality Disorder.

These types are your typical conspiracy theorists; they cling deeply to their personal values and can find a conspiracy to assault or attack those values everywhere they look. Chronically distrustful of others' intentions for no legitimate reason, these types are certain they are the only ones who really know "the truth." The inferior function, Te or Se, can sometimes lead to an unconscious desire to attract the attention of or lead/organize others in efforts to expose the nefarious conspiracies they invariably see everywhere. If Te/Se were doing its job, these types would be able to look around them and observe empirical evidence that most of their theories are probably not reflected in reality, but as they rely almost entirely on internal validation, Ni will go to any lengths to justify Fi's emotion-based suspicions. (I mentioned Dale Gribble from King of the Hill in a previous article--he's a perfect example.).

A good post from Personalitycafe:

Fi/Ni looping is projecting doom and gloom feelings onto the present because of an ominous looking future. It is a tendency to take in no new information via Se, and only focusing on information already brought in, and seeing it in the worst possible light. It is also fabricating information with Ni to support what Fi feels is true, even if there is no evidence to support it via Se or Te, or only evidence that supports the loop is seen and taken in.

INFP/ISTJ: Fi/Si or Si/Fi--Avoidant Personality Disorder.

Often scarred by some intensely negative past experience with opening up too many of their private emotions, this type compulsively avoids social situations and interaction with others. They are fiercely sensitive and may exaggerate or misconstrue perceived negative emotional intent in the words or actions of others. They will sometimes project their negative feelings onto others (Fi), as Si tells them that if I were to behave this way, I would have to be very upset, so anyone who behaves that way must also be. These types often have a chronic problem with trusting the intentions or motivations of others, refusing to share private information with even their closest friends and family. They are so deeply sensitive that they refuse to risk being hurt by attempting deep connections with others--you'll see this a lot in ISTJs with Asperger's. If Ne/Te were doing its job, these types would maintain a heathy grip on the importance of letting go of the past and trying something new in the name of accomplishing a greater goal, but some of these remain total recluses for most (if not all) of their lives.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
-I'm not easy to get along with because I keep my distance, it's like I want to get along with people but whenever I get to know someone they're becoming really clingy.
-I tend to zone out and daydream a lot, my thoughts are floating away in nearly every situation and I'm easily distracted

I rarely go by functions when typing and it also doesn't help here much in this case, because you can't really determine your functions by what you just wrote.
Functions are all about how someone processes information and don't directly tell about the personality of a human being. Indirectly they do because every type uses 4 different, specific functions. I know that you are familiar with it, just wanted to explain my point.

I say, that, what you just wrote is most likely the INFJ 4w5 personality, just look at the points I quoted.
Hope that helped. ;)

lume

Which of these do you relate to?

I would say the last one, avoidant personality disorder. So I should be INFP? But I think that Fi doms know how they feel, which isn't the casxe for me, I'm also not sure if I'm using Ne, because my best friend is a Ne dom and I get very exhausted after conversations with her, and I also don't see any things in common with her. I'm not sure, I cant even tell which functions I'm using because I don't really know how I'm thinking or feeling, my thoughts float in and out and I can't define them really,if you know what I mean?

B

brainheart

^Among and addition to other types and other things, these can also be explained as

schizoid: unhealthy enneagram 4w5 and 5
paranoid: 5 and 6
avoidant: 4 and 1
[MENTION=20043]lume[/MENTION], I'm curious as to why you type yourself as a 2w1, if you don't mind sharing-

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello, @lume. :)

I get the overall feeling you are probably an IxFP, given that many of your points indicate introversion and feeling, and there is little indication of primary Ni or J.

Do you relate to either of these:

cognitiveprocesses.com said:
INFP - Harmonizer Clarifier

The theme for the INFP is advocacy and integrity. Talents lie in helping people clarify issues, values, and identity. Support anything that allows the unfolding of the person. Encourage growth and development with quiet enthusiasm. Loyal advocates and champions, caring deeply about their causes and a few special people. Interested in contemplating life's mysteries, virtues, and vices in their search for wholeness. Thrive on healing conflicts, within and between, and taking people to the center of themselves.

INFP - Pattern of Processes

Leading - Introverted Feeling - Valuing and considering importance, beliefs, and worth
Supporting - Extraverted iNtuition - Interpreting situations and relationships and pickup meanings and interconnections to other contexts

-or-

cognitiveprocesses.com said:
ISFP - Composer Producer

Theme is composing, using whatever is at hand to get a harmonious, aesthetic result. Talents lie in combining, varying, and improvising, frequently in the arts but also in business and elsewhere. With their senses keenly tuned in they become totally absorbed in the action of the moment, finding just what fits the situation or the composition. Thrive on having the freedom to vary what they do until they get just the right effect. Take action to help others and demonstrate values. Kind and sensitive to the suffering of others.

ISFP - Pattern of Processes

Leading - Introverted Feeling - Valuing and considering importance, beliefs, and worth
Supporting - Extraverted Sensing - Experiencing and acting in the immediate context

Since you also expressed consideration of ISFJ and INFJ, here are their descriptions as well:

I, too, am surprised by your enneatype. I would think perhaps 9w1, as it would correlate with avoidant as well as the impression of "floaty" thoughts and feelings. 2w1 tends to be quite hands-on and grounded.

lume

^Among and addition to other types and other things, these can also be explained as

schizoid: unhealthy enneagram 4w5 and 5
paranoid: 5 and 6
avoidant: 4 and 1

[MENTION=20043]lume[/MENTION], I'm curious as to why you type yourself as a 2w1, if you don't mind sharing-

Yeah, I read a book (Helen Palmer - The Enneagram) and the description of the "inner thoughts" (I don't know how to express this?) was just so deadly accurate. All this wanting to be loved, wanting to be wanted and to be admired, even if you don't admire this person. And the description of the type as a child was also the most accurate. I'm just not so much into helping people but I'm in my teens, I considerd having anxiety which doesn't make me act like I "should" be acting. And I'm also sx so these should be generally more into themselves. Before I read the book I also thought about being a 5 or a 6 but after reading this doesn't really fit.

B

brainheart

Yeah, I read a book (Helen Palmer - The Enneagram) and the description of the "inner thoughts" (I don't know how to express this?) was just so deadly accurate. All this wanting to be loved, wanting to be wanted and to be admired, even if you don't admire this person. And the description of the type as a child was also the most accurate. I'm just not so much into helping people but I'm in my teens, I considerd having anxiety which doesn't make me act like I "should" be acting. And I'm also sx so these should be generally more into themselves. Before I read the book I also thought about being a 5 or a 6 but after reading this doesn't really fit.

Ok.

Another question- when you zone out and daydream, what's going on in your mind? And why do you think you zone out and daydream?

lume

Hello, @lume. :)

I, too, am surprised by your enneatype. I would think perhaps 9w1, as it would correlate with avoidant as well as the impression of "floaty" thoughts and feelings. 2w1 tends to be quite hands-on and grounded.

Maybe the book wasn't good :/ but that was just the most accurate. I'm not sure about being a nine because I had times in which I weren't so calm, as I mentioned worrying a lot and feelig anxious. And as I remember myself as a child I was always worrying and I cried and even got sick because of the smallest things. So I'm not that friendly, chilled or relaxed as a nine seems to be.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe the book wasn't good :/ but that was just the most accurate. I'm not sure about being a nine because I had times in which I weren't so calm, as I mentioned worrying a lot and feelig anxious. And as I remember myself as a child I was always worrying and I cried and even got sick because of the smallest things. So I'm not that friendly, chilled or relaxed as a nine seems to be.

Well, perhaps it's accurate. Just surprising compared to your overall impression of distance.

Did you associate with any of the MBTI types?

lume

Ok.

Another question- when you zone out and daydream, what's going on in your mind? And why do you think you zone out and daydream?

I'm just slipping off in conversations, like someone mentions something and I just keep thinking about that and this leads to that and so on. It's difficult to explain, because I can't think of an example. Or I'm making up scenarios that will never happen. It's often about taking revenge on someone that hurt me and making these people feel bad..

I have to think alot, because I often don't have an opinion on something, in discussions I'm catching myself, argumenting for both sides. I need a lot of time to reflect about things. The rest of the time I'm thinking it's just fuzzy stuff.

Sorry, it's so hard to explain :/

lume

Well, perhaps it's accurate. Just surprising compared to your overall impression of distance.

Did you associate with any of the MBTI types?

It's like, I don't want to distant myself but I think I have to because I'm too sensitive and I get hurt so easily. So I'm not letting someone come close easily because I'm scared they're going to hurt me.
In my thoughts I'm really people fixated, thinking about others a lot, about how I should present myself to make a good impression, even if I don't like them. But I often don't like someone if I'm getting the slightest sign of them rejecting me.

More or less with ISFP and INFP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's like, I don't want to distant myself but I think I have to because I'm too sensitive and I get hurt so easily. So I'm not letting someone come close easily because I'm scared they're going to hurt me.
In my thoughts I'm really people fixated, thinking about others a lot, about how I should present myself to make a good impression, even if I don't like them. But I often don't like someone if I'm getting the slightest sign of them rejecting me.

More or less with ISFP and INFP.

:hug: You sound "supine" like me - lots of wanting to be wanted and lots of fear of rejection.

B

brainheart

I'm just slipping off in conversations, like someone mentions something and I just keep thinking about that and this leads to that and so on. It's difficult to explain, because I can't think of an example. Or I'm making up scenarios that will never happen. It's often about taking revenge on someone that hurt me and making these people feel bad..

I have to think alot, because I often don't have an opinion on something, in discussions I'm catching myself, argumenting for both sides. I need a lot of time to reflect about things. The rest of the time I'm thinking it's just fuzzy stuff.

Sorry, it's so hard to explain :/

No need to apologize, you're being honest which is a good thing :)

Why do you not have an opinion on something, do you think? Why do you argue for both sides? What do you mean by "fuzzy stuff"?

If you don't want to answer these questions, no worries-

lume

No need to apologize, you're being honest which is a good thing :)

Why do you not have an opinion on something, do you think? Why do you argue for both sides? What do you mean by "fuzzy stuff"?

If you don't want to answer these questions, no worries-

I don't have a problem with these questions :)

I see both good and bad aspects in every opinion (mostly) and it's easy for me to spot which opinion someone stands for, so if i would want to impress someone, I could easily do that I guess. And I just don't care for most of the things. There are a few things which are important to me and everything else isn't something I have to have an opinion on.

and fuzzy stuff, I don't know. My thoughts come floating in and I forget them as quickly as they came, that's why it's so difficult to tell what I'm thinking about when I zone out, because I just think of everything.

B

brainheart

I don't have a problem with these questions :)

I see both good and bad aspects in every opinion (mostly) and it's easy for me to spot which opinion someone stands for, so if i would want to impress someone, I could easily do that I guess. And I just don't care for most of the things. There are a few things which are important to me and everything else isn't something I have to have an opinion on.

and fuzzy stuff, I don't know. My thoughts come floating in and I forget them as quickly as they came, that's why it's so difficult to tell what I'm thinking about when I zone out, because I just think of everything.

Makes sense you wouldn't have an opinion on something you don't care about. So what is important to you?