• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am still unsure! Long and very detailed/descriptive post!

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes I still feel usnure about my type. I typed myself just based on tests and 4 letter codes, while now I got much deeper into cognitive functions theory, but with these discoveries there came new doubts. I analyzed and tried to understand the functions as much as I analyzed and tried to understand the 4 letters, but with more knowledge there came more questions. I find it hard to determine the functions and fit them into 4 letter code. The reason why I made this thread is, because I hope someone will help me fit my functions and type code together based on my and your knowledge.
4 Letter code:
E/I: As for determining extraversion vs introversion I find it the hardest. I have some typical introverted characteristics while I also strike typical extraverted trades. I am shy and often slow to make friends in new collective. I wait for others to make the first contact with me. I have my group of very close friends, that I don't change and I spend most of my time with those who are the closest to me. I dislike big groups and prefer talking to one, or two individuals. I am individualistic and I can make the best job alone. But I dislike being alone more, than it is necesary. Much rather than being alone I search for company of my friends. I can be very talkative and sociable. When it comes to topics of my interest I tend to speak very spontaneously and very much almost to the point none else get a chance to say something. I tend to interupt others in the middle of their speaches, just because of my high level of excitment in debates and discussion. I enjoy and like when the attention is drawn at myself, I enjoy being under the spotlight. I tend to be expressive and sometimes loud.
N/S: These two were the easiest for me to determine. Even though I met people, who brought me into doubts, I still believe I am highly intuitive type. I have the ability to intuitive know what will happen in the future, I can intuitive feel how the situation will develope in long and distant future. It's like having hunches, that are not concrete, you don't really know where did they come from, but you just know they are right and you just know this will happen. I am not only good at percieve the future, but reading between lines, symbols, metaphors has always been my great strenght. This strenght in my case is mostly developed in my language use and the ability to immediately notice general meaning and idea in written art (novels, poems, lyrics), also in verbal and social theories (psychology, sociology, politology...) and in understanding others and seeing their hidden motives in their expressions, behavior, speaches...And it also gives me the power of crital analyzation and breaking things into pieces to catch its general meaning, idea or thought. (Might be both N and Ti). But as I know everyone is intuitive and everyone is a sensor. We just use our sensory and intuitive functions at different levels of our development and even though I know I am higly intuitive, I also know I am kind of a sensor. I like parties and interacting with others in here and now. I am like aesthic looking enviroment and I have a good eye on fitting patterns and colors together to crate a pleasurable sensory stimul. I've spent a lot of my time learing how to sing, using my voice and training my musical hearing and taste. I like good food, nice evenings, and good wine. I have very melancholic string tuned to my past memories. It brings sentimenatl remembering at atmoshpere, or relationships of my past. Rather than details I remember how did it feel back then. But I have a hard time focusing on the physical enviroment around me as much as on my physical body. I am often unaware of what is going on around me and I also struggle to notice the details as I am more oriented to see the whole. I am also clumsy and terrible at using my physical (un)abilities
T/F: This one was also tuff. I appear to have a lot of thinking benefits as well as highly developed feeling side. I like to see the logic in what I do. I look for explanations how and why things work. I am able to do good analysis and I am good at breaking things to parts to see on which principe they work. I am interested in arguing and discussing. I am quick to understand the theories, ideas and thoughts as much as principes and norms. I dislike focusing on just learning the facts, without actual thinking. I am critical and I always analyze the facts around me no metter how clear they might appear to be. Sometimes my analyzation and breaking things into their smallest parts brings me to feelings of madness, but I just can't stop until I figure out the principe. I am good at working with abstract theories, but when it comes to numbers, formulas and propositions I am terribly lost. This is the reason why I've always been terrible at math. I can't work with numbers, I can't work with strict systems. Technology itself appears as a bit too cold to me. I much rather work with people, but I can imagine myself involving in research that might help others. I am very sensitive and I need to feel emotional understanding and support from other people. I tend to be melancholic and feeling harmony with my emotionality is very important for me. I try to be nice and kind to other people and being liked by others is also very important for me. I have rich inner feeling world and I often break down to emotional crisis when I am alone. In the end I always make decision based on my feelings.
J/P: When it comes to tests, they seem to have a clear idea about which one I am, while I have some doubts. I usually score very high as P and the difference between my J and P score is often the highest. Based on this I should be very clear perceiver. I dislike sudden and unexpected changes. I like to know what will happen a bit ahead, because it gives me a sense of security and stability. At the other hand I tend to get easily bored with predictible causes and change might bring some possitive outcomes. I like to create daily plans to make a better look at how effectively I can use my time. Usually my plans are very detailed and revised and I try to go along with them, but often being genarally close to my idea of good time using is more important than necessary adhere everything. When it comes to projects i like to create some step by step plan, break down the project to pieces to see where is the best start step and also to make the better outlook at how the project is and might develope. But I often just adapt to the situation and go along...
Cognitive functions:
Cognitive functions:
Se/Si- I can't decide as I described. I like aesthetics, I can combinate different colors and patterns and I am able to create pleasant sensory stimuly. I am aslo good at music and singing. While I also have this melancholic string tuned toward my past relatiohsips and memories on feelings, or atmoshpers.
Ne/Ni: This is my biggest confusion. My intuitive feelings of what will hapen in the future, often does not have any outside influence. It's often just deep inner intuitive percieving. I have these sudden intuitive realisations, that seems to come from "thin air" from others, but make deep sense for me. I have a powerfull vision of what I want in the future since I was a little kid and I hold to this vission also now when I am an adult. I good in reading symbols and using contradictions. My poetry is full of them. But I often tend to be confused, when I see more than just one possibility and it makes me indecisive.
Fe/Fi: Hmm...which one? I have a desire to connect with others and I care about them. I always try to be nice and polite and it's hard to say no for me. I often tend to adapt to others and for example I laugh spontaneously, when I see others laugh too. I care very much what others think about me and I try to be pleasant for them. Social norms are important, I care for example if I wear the right type of clothing according to them. But I don't blidly follow the social norms. I doubt them and I can objectivly see when there is something wrong with them. I used to hotly go against the flow when I was a teenager and I liked to place myself to punk/rockers, metalheads, or other more underground flows. It's important to me to behave "correctly" as much as it is important to me to stay true to who I am inside.
Te/Ti: I think I clearly described this in previous lines. I am sure I use Ti.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really want to connect my cognitive functions with correct MBTI type, this is the reason I ask why do you [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] think I use Ni+Fe? And why do you [MENTION=15318]Saudade[/MENTION] , [MENTION=19700]Lyedecker[/MENTION] think I use Ne+Fi? Where can you see my Se/Si? and where is my Te/Ti? Today I had a psychology lesson. These lessons are always very interesting and I always discover something new about myself. Today we had to say how we percieve our classmates and compare it with how we percieve our own selves. Even though I typed myself as somewhere in the middle of extroversion and introversion, more likely an introvert my classmates typed me as very clear, talkative, sociable extrovert. I still think I am not an extrovert, but the reason I might seem extroverted is because I am honestly interested in relationships with others. The other reason, is (and I think I can't be INFP when I do this) I have many opinions and I can make out my mind on alsmost everything. I can be very assertive and act decisive, strong and extroverted when it comes to say my opinion. (I heard INFPs often have problems with being assertive and open with their opinions and rather hold back). Also the other very nice discovery told me our professor. I was told have great observations skills and naturally understand others. Can xNFPs be good in observating others? Also I was told I am great in formulating words into sentences, and using logical arguments. That means in making arguments I am not irrational... Isn't it more Ti, than Te?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Did you do any cognitive functions tests? Paste results here so we can analyse them. ;)

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you do any cognitive functions tests? Paste results here so we can analyse them. ;)

Good idea! Similar minds test:
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (80%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods
Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (55%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (45%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment
cognitivequiz:

Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.39
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.255
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.76
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||| 7.96
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||||||| 7.37
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||||| 6
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||| 3.78
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||| 0.8

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Your results suggest INFP, INFJ, INTP. Wich one of those types seems to be most likely your type?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your results suggest INFP, INFJ, INTP. Wich one of those types seems to be most likely your type?

It's that...I don't know. I think I use Ni, but I am not sure if I use Fe, or Fi. I was told I use Fi, but I can see myself in some Fe descriptions. INFPs use Te, I don't use any Te, but lots of Ti. INFJ and INTPs at least use Ti and Fe, but INFPs and INFJs have functionally nothing in common.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's that...I don't know. I think I use Ni, but I am not sure if I use Fe, or Fi. I was told I use Fi, but I can see myself in some Fe descriptions. INFPs use Te, I don't use any Te, but lots of Ti. INFJ and INTPs at least use Ti and Fe, but INFPs and INFJs have functionally nothing in common.

With strong Ti and strong Ne I would say you are INTP. INTP's aren't usually doubtful about their types, so maybe you're INFP after all. And in my own experience, the one's function order + the theory don't always match (the order of functions) but usually the strong functions can help you to define your type.

INTP = Ti > Ne > Si > Fe
INFP = Fi > Ne > Si > Te
INTJ = Ni > Te > Fi > Se
INFJ = Ni > Fe > Ti > Se

I would also suggest that you read the descriptions of types and see which one of those seems most like you no matter what the tests say about your type. You are the only one who can decide what's your "best fit type".

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
With strong Ti and strong Ne I would say you are INTP. INTP's aren't usually doubtful about their types, so maybe you're INFP after all. And in my own experience, the one's function order + the theory don't always match (the order of functions) but usually the strong functions can help you to define your type.

INTP = Ti > Ne > Si > Fe
INFP = Fi > Ne > Si > Te
INTJ = Ni > Te > Fi > Se
INFJ = Ni > Fe > Ti > Se

I would also suggest that you read the descriptions of types and see which one of those seems most like you no matter what the tests say about your type. You are the only one who can decide what's your "best fit type".

I relate to INTP, INFJ and INFP. INTP - I am philosophical and analytical. I like to break down the problems to understand their principles and I can understand complex theories. I am good in putting my realizations into words and I am good in arguments and explanations. I like to have freedom and I value more real knowledge, than academic degrees. But I am not so interested in physics, or math I better like learning langauge, or break down human/social problems. INFJ- I seek ideas and deep meaning in actions, relationships, behavior... I believe everyone is individual and I really have an intuitive eye on people and usually can very well empathize and understand others. It's a bit more complicated with my own self, but understanding of myself is aslo very important for me. As I wrote alot of people see me as extravert, 'cause I have natural interest in making good relationship with others and I seek for social contact. But I am very private and reserved and usually don't show much from my own self to people. A lot of people know me a lot of different ways, 'cause I sometimes feel like inside of me, I conncect different personalities. I usually can feel what is the group tolerance and need and it's easy for me to adapt and show my other face. I feel better in one on one relationship, than in groups. I have rich inner fantasy and world, but I am reserved in showing it to others. It's easy to hurt me, but I usually hide it as I often feel responsible for other people feelings. I seek for deep inspirations and I love art. I am creative, abstract, imaginative with highly developed intuitive feeling. INFP - I have strong values and I always try to be true who I am inside. I want the world to make a better place and help society/people to reach the better future. I seek for my true self, true path to go... I am usually careless, but when I get excited about something I can be hard working. I seek for values and meaning and I need to see them in the work I do. I have very high ideals and I am a dreamer.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
... Technology itself appears as a bit too cold to me. I much rather work with people, but I can imagine myself involving in research that might help others. I am very sensitive and I need to feel emotional understanding and support from other people. I tend to be melancholic and feeling harmony with my emotionality is very important for me. I try to be nice and kind to other people and being liked by others is also very important for me. I have rich inner feeling world and I often break down to emotional crisis when I am alone. In the end I always make decision based on my feelings.
No chance a T would say something like this. You're an F for sure. Don't fall into the trap of thinking F-types can't be intelligent and analytical which is certainly not the case. So you can explore around xNFx. Probably xNFP. Is there such a thing as a shy extrovert? I wonder if shyness is masking an E tendency, but you seem to be on the bubble here.

B

brainheart

Have you read Jung's Psychological Types? I'd recommend reading it and going from there.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well being an xNFP seem to be okay for me, but I started the socionics and I was typed as Ni+Fe or porbably Fe+Ni. I was also told when someone need to understand and belong to such a system as MBTI it's often a sign of strong Fe. I don't really know as for Fe I care about social norms, traditions and I read a lot of books about social ethics, so I care about behaving according to these norms and I also noticed other people how they behave. I am empathic and I really can understand other people. BUT even though I care about social norms, I analyze them and doubt them. I would never do anything that would go against my inner self and my inner feeling and everytime I do something like formal clothing I need to put my own individualistic factor into it as I highly value human's individuality much more, than just being a part of general flow. EDIT: I now have to add this: At our psycholgy class we aslo had to type person if his a dreamer or a realist 90% of my classmates said I am a realist, I told it to my bf and he said the same exact thing, I told it to my mother and she aslo said I never appeard as a dreamer to her. That I am mostly objective in percieving the reality and I am not very emotional. And this is also a thing...my boyfriend, my own mother, all of my friends none thinks I am sensitive, or emotional. It seems like everyone view me as rational and objective and I am like WTF?! Am I so wierd in percieving my own self, or is it more my amizing abality to hide feelings? My mother explained me just one great thing now...The reason why she think (and why others might think I am not dreamer, sensitive, or romantic) is that even though I really analyze the reality and think about why things are the way they are and I often try to change it for the better future, my judges and analyzation are objective, not subjective. And I have to agree with my mother... But this I think would mean I am not an Fi? Or?