• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Friend's Type Discovered At Last

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For a long time, a friend of mine who isn't a member of this forum has been confused about his MBTI type.

He believes that at one time, years ago, he was an INTP, but that now he is an INFP, although sometimes, he says, he feels like an ENFP,.

Last night I administered my personal MBTI Personality Inventory to him and this was the result:

ENTP 50
INFP 47
INTJ 44
INFJ 43
ISTP 43
ISFP 41
ESTP 40
INTP 40
ENFP 39
ENFJ 34
ENTJ 33
ESFP 32
ESFJ 29
ESTJ 27
ISTJ 27
ISFJ 20

The highest possible score on any scale is 70.

I then linked him to the one question MBTI test and he chose ENTP there.

Are most people's thoughts about their own type just plain wrong, and does it have to do with the fact that we are just a mixture of traits that are conveniently grouped into categories that don't quite match the reality?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our opinions are of course opinions, so they're going to be subjective and highly capable for error.

Psychological types are also very general categorizations, and as such, we can have multiple other traits from various types, or certain traits that we don't share in common with many inside of our own type.

I think the main problem though is that some people just suck more than others at typing, that and the ones who suck at it often won't change their minds, or if they do, it has to be overwhelming evidence.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so...you don't think he's an entp? or...what? i'm confused by your post.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so...you don't think he's an entp? or...what? i'm confused by your post.

I think he's an ENTP, and an INFP.

That's the reason he was confused, he's a mixed bag of traits, mostly ENTP and a bit less INFP.

This correlates well with the InQ which I tested him with 26 years go. He scored Synthesist-Idealist. Synthesist is an Ne type and Idealist corresponds well with INFP.

He hasn't changed. Even back then he was more extroverted than I was. Now he thinks I should have my test peer-reviewed.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh interesting. have you not...here?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Are most people's thoughts about their own type just plain wrong, and does it have to do with the fact that we are just a mixture of traits that are conveniently grouped into categories that don't quite match the reality?

The latter.