• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
You've made 75 posts at TC since last summer and almost every one of them has been in one of your own four type-me threads. I've been participating in type-me threads at INTJforum for four years now, and, based on that experience, I've found that there's one type in particular whose posting history is most likely to look like that, and that type is... INFJ.

You thought you were 4w5 at the end of your February type-me thread, which I'd consider more consistent with INFJ. When and why did you switch that to 4w3?

You've written a lot in those other three type-me threads, and I'm planning to read through them, so... I'll be back, but it may be two or three days.

In the meantime, if you want quite a lot of (mostly) recycled input from me on J/P, I've put it in the spoiler. If you read through it, I'll be curious to hear if, with respect to quite a few of the J/P aspects I describe, you not only see yourself as more on the J side but also see your INTP boyfriend as more on the P side.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You thought you were 4w5 at the end of your February type-me thread, which I'd consider more consistent with INFJ. When and why did you switch that to 4w3?

I don't know the exact month, but a few months ago I read more on enneagram than just the type profiles--which basically described the 4w3 as the "dramatic and showoff four" and the 4w5 as the "intellectual four". That was about as much as I knew about the wings, and it made me think of how when I got emotional over a little girl who everyone thinks is a childhood schizophrenic when I can tell she's really being abused (lots of media on her), I dedicated it to making a case study paper of her, so I typed myself as w5.

Then I read more about it and reading the descriptions that were specifically about the different wings of fours and contrasting them against each other, w5 was kind of "Meh... I relate to this a little, but not that much."

w3. "Psht... I don't... what are you talking about? I DON'T DO THAT! >>. <<. ... okay... check, check, check, check, check, check, check, kind of, check, check, check, and check. w3 it is, then."

So basically, when I read the long-winded descriptions rather than the one-sentence summary of both the wings on the main type's description, I realized that w3 fit better, despite my having traits of w5.

On the J and P question you asked me:

lol I'm such a J and he's such a P. I don't even have to offer you proof with how much that fit, we just are. This is how getting ready for events goes:

I make a list of everything I need to take with me the night before, set 10 alarms ranging from 3 hours before I have to be there to 2 and a half hours before I have to be there, make sure everything about my appearance is perfect, quadruple check that I have everything, and get to the event 20 minutes early minimum (and still feel like I'm late.)

He sets an alarm for an hour before he has to be there. Rolls out of bed, brushes teeth, gets dressed, slowly makes his way to the event. (Always there on time, if not early, but sometimes he has me panicking because it's 30 minutes before the event and he hasn't left yet! What does anyone care it only takes 15 minutes for him to get here?!)

It kind of sucks at dance because I'm pretty sure I'm the only J in a swarm of Ps, but none of them bother to see anything from my point of view. Once I got mad at them because they were all laughing hysterically in a sad dance onstage, in front of an audience, and they were like "it's fine!" and I was like "If you think being mediocre is fine, then sure." A lot of them have too much on their plates for them to deal with so they just chill out when things like that happen, but I have too much on my plate to deal with and it just makes me more uptight. People don't care if I miss dance for stuff like prom, but I think they should care--it makes me really, really uncomfortable.

I have an almost perfect track record, too. I've only missed 4 dance classes in 4 years (I have 10 a week on average) and that was when I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed without getting dizzy. (People were actually texting me asking me if I died in a car crash because they're certain even if that happened my ghost would be there. xD)

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The results of the inventory [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] gave me:
INFP 54
INFJ 53
ESFJ 52
ISFJ 50
ISFP 50
ENFJ 48
ISTJ 46
ISTP 43
ESTJ 42
ENFP 41
ENTP 36
ESFP 32
ENTJ 29
INTJ 29
ESTP 27
INTP 19

I find it interesting because the order I relate the most to types is INFJ, ISFP, ESFP, ENFP, INFP. Or something similar to that. And despite INTP apparently being my opposite, he "gets" me best of anyone ever.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The results of the inventory [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] gave me:
INFP 54
INFJ 53
ESFJ 52
ISFJ 50
ISFP 50
ENFJ 48
ISTJ 46
ISTP 43
ESTJ 42
ENFP 41
ENTP 36
ESFP 32
ENTJ 29
INTJ 29
ESTP 27
INTP 19

I find it interesting because the order I relate the most to types is INFJ, ISFP, ESFP, ENFP, INFP. Or something similar to that. And despite INTP apparently being my opposite, he "gets" me best of anyone ever.

ESFP is rather far down the list, but ESFJ is high up on the list. ENFP was not a contender with a score of only 41. In your OP you stated: "In no particular order: ISFP, INFP, INFJ most often." At least ISFP is in the top 5, and a score of 50 is a significant result.

I can see you scoring ESFP on a test that scores results as E + S + F + P, where you identified more with Extraversion; or in a function test, scoring Se-dom + Fi-aux, whichever was the case.

Either way, those kinds of test results come from combining other results, mine doesn't. It's just a straightforward query regarding personality traits common to MBTI types, not to parts of types combined into wholes.

Your top 6 scores are all Feeler types, and this is significant. Most of them are J, half of them are iNtuives, and 4 out of 6 are Introverted types.
I wonder if you come across to others are more Judger than Perceiver? You're such a mixed bag of traits from different types that your confusion is highly warranted.

And recall that you wrote in the OP: "7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
Math. Too much logic necessary. Science. Too much theoretical memorization necessary. Logical debates..."

INTP and NT in general is obviously a problem for you based on that statement plus the fact that four out of six of your lowest scores are NT types.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In your OP you stated: "In no particular order: ISFP, INFP, INFJ most often."

I'm relatively sure I'm an introvert, and it would take a weighty argument to convince me I was extroverted--which is why I didn't include ENFP and ESFP, because I was trying to type myself. I do, however, relate strongly to ENFPs and ESFPs that I know in real life. :)

/edit: clicked "post" early on accident... will finish post in the next one.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, dang it, I clicked 'post' on accident early. Continuing on:

Mal+ said:
I wonder if you come across to others are more Judger than Perceiver? You're such a mixed bag of traits from different types that your confusion is highly warranted.

I would say so. These are some snippets from conversations about myself with others that stand out:

Discussing childhood. "I remember when _myname_ and I were little, we used to play with American Girl dolls and when she saw I'd taken my dolls' hair out of their original styles, she literally got mad at me." "Sounds like something she would do."

Teacher taking attendance: "_myname_ is here..." "When is she not here? You can basically assume she's here at this point."

Once I was late due to some really heavy traffic. When I came in I immediately spit out, "I am so sorry, I got stuck in traffic!" My teacher commented "I was actually a little worried and wondered if something happened--being a no-show really isn't like you. No big deal, I know I don't have to worry about your attendance."

On the one piano recital I did poorly at, when I was almost in tears when I had a chance by myself because I had set such a high standard for myself, my teacher commented to me "I don't think you realize your worst is better than everyone else's best. I know you think that was the most horrendous performance ever, but you're just being upset because of the standards you set for yourself. You were actually really great--though I know anything less than 'perfect' isn't enough for you."

INTP and NT in general is obviously a problem for you based on that statement plus the fact that four out of six of your lowest scores are NT types.

Yeah. :\

I use inductive reasoning, so I tend to lose when it comes to debates and logic because my own logic is not seen as 'logical' by other standards. Does that make sense? And I, while I'm learning otherwise, have had to work on applying logic to my day to day life--I mostly only use it in debates and research papers and the like.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, dang it, I clicked 'post' on accident early. Continuing on:

I would say so. These are some snippets from conversations about myself with others that stand out:

Discussing childhood. "I remember when _myname_ and I were little, we used to play with American Girl dolls and when she saw I'd taken my dolls' hair out of their original styles, she literally got mad at me." "Sounds like something she would do."

Teacher taking attendance: "_myname_ is here..." "When is she not here? You can basically assume she's here at this point."

Once I was late due to some really heavy traffic. When I came in I immediately spit out, "I am so sorry, I got stuck in traffic!" My teacher commented "I was actually a little worried and wondered if something happened--being a no-show really isn't like you. No big deal, I know I don't have to worry about your attendance."

On the one piano recital I did poorly at, when I was almost in tears when I had a chance by myself because I had set such a high standard for myself, my teacher commented to me "I don't think you realize your worst is better than everyone else's best. I know you think that was the most horrendous performance ever, but you're just being upset because of the standards you set for yourself. You were actually really great--though I know anything less than 'perfect' isn't enough for you."

Yeah. :\

I use inductive reasoning, so I tend to lose when it comes to debates and logic because my own logic is not seen as 'logical' by other standards. Does that make sense? And I, while I'm learning otherwise, have had to work on applying logic to my day to day life--I mostly only use it in debates and research papers and the like.

I can see ISFP for you based on stereotypes about ISFPs, but they are not perfectionists. The INFP type is a perfectionist.

What do you mean by inductive reasoning?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do you mean by inductive reasoning?

Deductive reasoning is based on fact--"Bob is a child, therefore he is human." Inductive reasoning is more of speculation. "Toy stores are places where there may be a lot of children, because kids play with toys. Or I may see more adults, because they buy the toys."

For example, many people accuse the Diary of Anne Frank of fraud. I got in a debate about it and instead of disproving facts (vaccuuming at 12 every day when they have to keep quiet) I used speculation as my weapon. My reply was "There are documents proving Margot Frank received a summons and never replied, and the Franks and their fellow Annexe hidees did not show up in camps until 2 years later. You say they didn't hide there so the Diary must be fraud. Then where were they hiding? They obviously were somewhere.

Karl Silberbauer was the Nazi who took them for deportation. He survived the war and confirmed finding them in the Annexe and seeing Anne's diary."

I didn't construct an argument using facts from the book because I knew that's a weak point of mine.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Deductive reasoning is based on fact--"Bob is a child, therefore he is human." Inductive reasoning is more of speculation. "Toy stores are places where there may be a lot of children, because kids play with toys. Or I may see more adults, because they buy the toys."

For example, many people accuse the Diary of Anne Frank of fraud. I got in a debate about it and instead of disproving facts (vaccuuming at 12 every day when they have to keep quiet) I used speculation as my weapon. My reply was "There are documents proving Margot Frank received a summons and never replied, and the Franks and their fellow Annexe hidees did not show up in camps until 2 years later. You say they didn't hide there so the Diary must be fraud. Then where were they hiding? They obviously were somewhere.

Karl Silberbauer was the Nazi who took them for deportation. He survived the war and confirmed finding them in the Annexe and seeing Anne's diary."

I didn't construct an argument using facts from the book because I knew that's a weak point of mine.

I see. Socratic method. Sounds like you're using facts anyway.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see. Socratic method. Sounds like you're using facts anyway.

Both use facts, but 'deductive' is like cold hard logic one can visibly see. 'Inductive' is more of maybes and speculations that deal with facts. At least, the way I see them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both use facts, but 'deductive' is like cold hard logic one can visibly see. 'Inductive' is more of maybes and speculations that deal with facts. At least, the way I see them.

http://thephilosophicalboy.wordpres...-honest-look-into-mbti-descriptions-the-enfp/
"ENFP’s are, more or less, INFP’s on crack, supercharged idealists who value comfort and hedonism as well as changing the world. Whereas the INFP is content being Socrates, dying at his trial for his ideas, the ENFP must have so much more, a stately presence, lovely luxuries, and total authenticity in their relationships."

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
http://thephilosophicalboy.wordpres...-honest-look-into-mbti-descriptions-the-enfp/
"ENFP’s are, more or less, INFP’s on crack, supercharged idealists who value comfort and hedonism as well as changing the world. Whereas the INFP is content being Socrates, dying at his trial for his ideas, the ENFP must have so much more, a stately presence, lovely luxuries, and total authenticity in their relationships."

Hm--interesting.

Do we have perspective of this in contrast to INFJ, as those are my two most likely types?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hm--interesting.

Do we have perspective of this in contrast to INFJ, as those are my two most likely types?

I thought my inventory made clear that you're not "a type," or even "two types." The traditional MBTI is designed to "type" you, label you, categorize and box you in. My inventory simply shows your strengths and weaknesses.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought my inventory made clear that you're not "a type," or even "two types." The traditional MBTI is designed to "type" you, label you, categorize and box you in. My inventory simply shows your strengths and weaknesses.

I suppose I should have been more specific. I understand that, but when it comes to MBTI in general discussion I'd like to have one as a label, if nothing else, lol. Also, perhaps there isn't one that I am, but rather one that I am most like, if that makes sense.

Besides, I'm curious on that in contrast to other types anyways.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose I should have been more specific. I understand that, but when it comes to MBTI in general discussion I'd like to have one as a label, if nothing else, lol. Also, perhaps there isn't one that I am, but rather one that I am most like, if that makes sense.

Besides, I'm curious on that in contrast to other types anyways.

The only real contrast here is between two functions, Fi and Ni. The former is idealistic, the latter is inspired.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The only real contrast here is between two functions, Fi and Ni. The former is idealistic, the latter is inspired.

I would say I'm more inspired than idealistic, but I don't know if that may be a bias on the functions or the word meanings.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pssh. Flipping coins is for P's.

I was actually going to say that I would hate leaving anything up to a coin toss. You could very well pick the wrong whatever because it isn't informed to make the decision for you.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know if any type has a tendency to do this, but I just thought of something I do really frequently.

I often see pieces of myself in fictional characters or real people who have had books written about them. It may be the smallest, most miniscule thing, but then I can find myself becoming completely wrapped up in the ways we're alike, forgetting the ways that we're not, and start comparing myself to them and paralleling my actions with theirs, or theirs with mine. I then begin to like them more as a character, and I use the way they felt to describe how I've felt/am feeling to other people. (I often compare my friends to the friends of these characters/people, as well.) I may do this in indirect ways, like I'll show AMVs or edited videos to my INTP. He understands it in a non-verbal way, but I don't really express these comparisons to my other friends and definitely not to my acquaintances because I know for a fact that they won't understand.

I can do this with songs and videos, too.

I don't know if there are patterns in who or what I do this with that would be important, so I'll go ahead and share here. (I hope you guys realize this is me showing a very very deep part of myself to you, whether you get it or not, so treat it with caution lol.)

People/characters, in no particular order.

I compare myself to/relate to/resound with: Anne Frank, Hermione Granger (Harry Potter), Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter), Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter), Bridget (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants), Lena (Sisterhood otTP), Beth (The Walking Dead), Korra (Legend of Korra), Charlie (Perks of Being a Wallflower), Amy Pond (Doctor Who), Nagisa (Clannad), Clara (Doctor Who). There are likely more, but they're the first that came to mind.

I compare my INTP to/relate him to: Peter van Pels (Anne Frank), Ron Weasley (Harry Potter), Rory Williams (Doctor Who), Makko (Legend of Korra), Tomoya (Clannad). Again, likely more--first that came to mind.

These are some of the videos that I saw myself in, or aspects of myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvfLPwis6pk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xMXaDbuujs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4t_pkRg-Jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_-3di1yx0

These are the kinds of things I see the INTP and I in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv628NJCwKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVpgkfucgks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjihCDrgX4s

I honestly don't know why I do it, or what the motivation behind it or goal to be sought is, but I just do it with everything all the time. I see characters, or people who have been written about, that have even the smallest similarities to myself or someone I know and then the connection is all I can think of.

This is something I chalk up to being a 4 but I may as well share it: I also have this obsession with images. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's like... I'll love wearing a certain dress because it makes me think of myself at a ball in a gown or whatever. I'll love wearing my hair or makeup a certain way because it feels more artistic. I'll love listening to obscure music because it feels "special"... so forth.

I'm also a very layered person. Right now you're seeing my outside layer--the Dead Serious, Logical but Warm one. I have many layers, though. Feisty, confident, sad, melancholic, sensitive, sweet, shy, cheerful, depressing, scholarly, wise, immature, silly... I honestly think I may have so many layers that I don't know myself. As a person gets closer to me the layers slowly peel back until they eventually come together as a whole--this is what's happened with the INTP, but no one else yet.

Some of the things above may make you roll your eyes or wonder what on Earth this has to do with typing, but I promise you I wouldn't waste your time with mentioning it if it weren't something I do all the time. :p