• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm a Mess of Contradictions...I Dare You to Type Me!

I

Infinite Bubble

[MENTION=19979]kikat[/MENTION], what situation notably puts you under a lot of stress?

kikat

[MENTION=19979]kikat[/MENTION], what situation notably puts you under a lot of stress?

When things are out of my control. I like to have security and to feel safe.
When I'm asked to do something that goes against my morals (which I refuse to do)
When I second guess myself about a decision I made.
When I have discord with someone I love.
When others invade my personal space.
When others tell me what to do.
Rude people
People that have no manners.
When directions or speech aren't clear. It drives me batty!
When babies cry. Really.
Drama queens

I have a hard time letting things go. Thoughts ruminate and my mind never shuts down.

kikat

No, I use private message, usually. Which type or types do you identify with most?
I can identify with the following types. Note: One of them is a feeling type. Shocker!
ISTJ
ESTJ
INTP
INFJ

One of the oddballs is INTP and the only reason I included it was because I've scored it a couple of times. I've also included INFJ for the same reason. I don't think I'm laid back enough to be an INTP though, or nice enough to be an INFJ. But what the hell do I know? You'll notice that all of the types are J's. Interesting because I have a love/hate relationship with traditions, and as I said before I'm very scatterbrained and all over the place. I like to make lists, but half of the time I lose them.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What does "screams ENFP" sound like?

[...]
So how in hell does it scream ENFP?

You are quite... passionate... about an internet stranger's personality type. She's gone away from ENFP, and I don't have an issue with it, but to answer:

First, there's little insight as to the thought processes behind the contradictions, which made typing based on the OP difficult. Although her last paragraph strongly suggests "P". Other posts suggest a strong Fi element, too.

ENFPs sometimes find themselves "untypeable", and can paint a personality description full of contradictions to prove the point that they are untypeable. This is partly because they are good at looking at the many aspects of their personality. They are the most prone of the extroverts to feel like they must really be introverts. They frequently blurt out things they immediately regret, and can easily be blunt to the point of offense, and not understand how they offended others. Of all the types, they tend to be the most contradictory when it comes to valuing organization and structure, while also being scatter-brained. (In fact, an ENFP on here used to say she had a baby ESTJ trying to get out.) Her desire for control, common with ENFPs btw, could also explain some of the contradictions, such as her desire for things to be neat and orderly in the world while not necessarily being neat and orderly herself.

The original post also had good energy and was charming. Other types besides ENFPs can be charming and have good energy, of course, but that combined with the above made me decide to put ENFP out there.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are quite... passionate... about an internet stranger's personality type. She's gone away from ENFP, and I don't have an issue with it, but to answer:

First, there's little insight as to the thought processes behind the contradictions, which made typing based on the OP difficult. Although her last paragraph strongly suggests "P". Other posts suggest a strong Fi element, too.

ENFPs sometimes find themselves "untypeable", and can paint a personality description full of contradictions to prove the point that they are untypeable. This is partly because they are good at looking at the many aspects of their personality. They are the most prone of the extroverts to feel like they must really be introverts. They frequently blurt out things they immediately regret, and can easily be blunt to the point of offense, and not understand how they offended others. Of all the types, they tend to be the most contradictory when it comes to valuing organization and structure, while also being scatter-brained. (In fact, an ENFP on here used to say she had a baby ESTJ trying to get out.) Her desire for control, common with ENFPs btw, could also explain some of the contradictions, such as her desire for things to be neat and orderly in the world while not necessarily being neat and orderly herself.

The original post also had good energy and was charming. Other types besides ENFPs can be charming and have good energy, of course, but that combined with the above made me decide to put ENFP out there.

Interesting, thanks.

kikat

You are quite... passionate... about an internet stranger's personality type.

Nah, I think it's the MBTI in general. As a stranger looking in, I get the impression that Mal+ is just incredibly passionate about personality tying and taking on a good challenge. It's not about my type per say.

ENFPs sometimes find themselves "untypeable", and can paint a personality description full of contradictions to prove the point that they are untypeable. This is partly because they are good at looking at the many aspects of their personality. They are the most prone of the extroverts to feel like they must really be introverts. They frequently blurt out things they immediately regret, and can easily be blunt to the point of offense, and not understand how they offended others. Of all the types, they tend to be the most contradictory when it comes to valuing organization and structure, while also being scatter-brained. Her desire for control, common with ENFPs btw, could also explain some of the contradictions, such as her desire for things to be neat and orderly in the world while not necessarily being neat and orderly herself.

Very interesting indeed. That actually sounds like me, except I've read that ENFP's are 'people persons' (That doesn't sound right? Is that a word/phrase?) . Anyway, I digress...I am not a people person. Also, where does the N fit in? I dislike theories, although I am obsessed with the MBTI. Then again, I have a hard time understanding a lot of it. I prefer concrete, linear information and hate ambiguity.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first impression is INTJ.

For the E/I and T/F contradictions I saw a possible dynamic between Te and Fi. This accounts for the disinterest in people, but also acting out on moral inclinations.

For the N/S and P/J contradictions there could be dynamics between Ni and Te. Ni is non-linear, individualized, difficult to express, while Te is exacting and specific. Ni is also very non-J like when disembodied from Te or Fe in Ni-doms.

Ni can accommodate and even make coherent great contradictions of personality. These are well-known to the INFJ type, but I don't see while it couldn't also be the case for INTJ. Ni organizes the "big picture" which extends beyond comprehension. One way I've seen INFJs do it is to create continuum with mutually exclusive poles. There is a way these poles can come full circle in which opposite can be comprehended as having the same quality, but as perfect inverses of each other.

The thread title made me wonder INFJ, but in reading the OP, I changed my mind and found it seemed much more INTJ-like. This was especially true of the disinterest in other people. While INFJs can be quite withdrawn, there is a way of longing for connection, idealizing other people, and so forth. Disinterest of others is not compatible with Fe. Your sense of inner morals does sound Fi-like. Also, your application of T is much more like Te than Ti because there is a focus on external facts and a thinking style that is more concrete.

I

Infinite Bubble

When things are out of my control. I like to have security and to feel safe.
When I'm asked to do something that goes against my morals (which I refuse to do)
When I second guess myself about a decision I made.
When I have discord with someone I love.
When others invade my personal space.
When others tell me what to do.
Rude people
People that have no manners.
When directions or speech aren't clear. It drives me batty!
When babies cry. Really.
Drama queens

I have a hard time letting things go. Thoughts ruminate and my mind never shuts down.

Okay, I definitely think ISTJ now. The reason I'm not saying ESTJ is that they repress Fi and thus is unconscious for them, when clearly it isn't for you. But you are still Te > Fi which is why you hate it when things go out of your control. It also goes well with the E-type 6 and your partner being ISFJ.

I also think that 1w9 is second in your tritype rather than third. Sp/So seems accurate but So/Sp is also possible since you enjoy feeling like you are making a difference to peoples lives (could be Fi though) and enjoyment in working with the public.

So, IMO: ISTJ 6w5, 1w9, 4w5 Sp/So.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very interesting indeed. That actually sounds like me, except I've read that ENFP's are 'people persons' (That doesn't sound right? Is that a word/phrase?) . Anyway, I digress...I am not a people person. Also, where does the N fit in? I dislike theories, although I am obsessed with the MBTI. Then again, I have a hard time understanding a lot of it. I prefer concrete, linear information and hate ambiguity.

Not all ENFPs are super social people people. Yeah, it's a slight marker against ENFP, but not a deal breaker. The question is, WHY do you generally dislike the idea of being around people, especially since you tend to actually enjoy yourself when you are out there? The contradiction tells us little, but your mindset behind it might be enlightening. :)

Also, what is it about theories that you dislike? (You acknowledge you are obsessed with MBTI, which is in itself a theory.) Your mindset behind it may once again provide insight and tell us if we can assume you are probably S vs N.

While I haven't eliminated ENFP, it no longer is as high up on my list...

My first impression is INTJ.

For the E/I and T/F contradictions I saw a possible dynamic between Te and Fi. This accounts for the disinterest in people, but also acting out on moral inclinations.

For the N/S and P/J contradictions there could be dynamics between Ni and Te. Ni is non-linear, individualized, difficult to express, while Te is exacting and specific. Ni is also very non-J like when disembodied from Te or Fe in Ni-doms.

:yes: I like INTJ.

The interaction of Te and Fi is a common theme in her posts. I can't see INTP or INFJ, although an INTJ can easily score as either depending on the test/mood. ISTJs tend to be more grounded in the real world than her posts claim.

She reminds me of an INTJ co-worker of mine, actually. Not particularly a people person, but almost always enjoys certain social events. Blunt, and socially oblivious, although she does mean well. Very private when it comes to her thoughts, but has a tendency to think out loud, to the point of distraction, as she tries to work out certain problems. Lots of lists, but very disorganized and loses stuff constantly. She'll make up her mind when it comes to certain things, like how she wants to tackle a work problem, and can't be convinced otherwise even when she's wrong. (Unless you have concrete data that, step-by-concrete-step, proves her wrong. At which point she immediately acknowledges it and moves on.) However, when it comes to other issues, like what to eat, what she should do for the weekend, etc, she hates making decisions and flip-flops constantly.

If we can better understand her dislike of theory, we might be able to resolve that with her being an "N".

kikat

Great post. Great insight. You made things very easy to understand in relation to the contradictions in personality.

My first impression is INTJ. For the E/I and T/F contradictions I saw a possible dynamic between Te and Fi. This accounts for the disinterest in people, but also acting out on moral inclinations.

I thought that INTJ's don't have Fi in their 4 preferences? I would think that I would have some sort of feeling preference in one of my domains.

For example, INTJ's could come across as scatterbrained?

Disinterest of others is not compatible with Fe. Your sense of inner morals does sound Fi-like.

I am extraordinarily good at faking it and making people feel like I care about them. And I do a lot of times. I'm not a total Ice Queen. ;)

Also, your application of T is much more like Te than Ti because there is a focus on external facts and a thinking style that is more concrete.

I've always been confused about Ti and Te. I thought I would have Ti in my personality because I think all the time, constantly but I know it's more than that. Could you give me another example? I'm very curious.

kikat

Okay, I definitely think ISTJ now. The reason I'm not saying ESTJ is that they repress Fi and thus is unconscious for them, when clearly it isn't for you. But you are still Te > Fi which is why you hate it when things go out of your control. It also goes well with the E-type 6 and your partner being ISFJ.

I identify more with ISTJ than an ESTJ, for the simple fact that I do express my feelings; not always with words, but with gestures. For example, a couple of times at work I made cookies for everyone out of the blue and people were taken a back that I did it for them. Is this more Fi than Fe? I thought Fe's show their emotions more easily. I will if I get heated; otherwise I can get uncomfortable with emotions. I tend to like emotions on my own terms.

I'm also starting to think that my hubby is more ISFP than ISFJ.

kikat

The question is, WHY do you generally dislike the idea of being around people, especially since you tend to actually enjoy yourself when you are out there? The contradiction tells us little, but your mindset behind it might be enlightening. :)

Being out with people just tends to exhaust me. I'm not very interested in connecting with others. Any time I have gone out and had fun, it's always been at a distance. Never really connecting with others necessarily. This may be circumstantial at the time; however I've always preferred curling up with a good book vs. socializing.

Also, what is it about theories that you dislike? (You acknowledge you are obsessed with MBTI, which is in itself a theory.) Your mindset behind it may once again provide insight and tell us if we can assume you are probably S vs N.

I am obsessed with the MBTI so maybe that was a rash assumption; however the theory also confuses the hell out of me. I've been studying it for years and I still couldn't tell you what the difference between Te and Ti are. I also have much difficulty reading some of the posts on the N forum. A lot of the times it feels like I'm reading pig latin. I have a hard time understanding the connections that the writers are trying to make. I hate ambiguity. I like facts.

:yes: I like INTJ.

The interaction of Te and Fi is a common theme in her posts. I can't see INTP or INFJ, although an INTJ can easily score as either depending on the test/mood. ISTJs tend to be more grounded in the real world than her posts claim.

Do you think I'm flighty? :shock: It's funny because most people now think I am an INTJ or an ISTJ. The only reason I shy away from the INTJ is because I readily show my emotions, usually with nice gestures which surprise the heck out of people. I would think I have some sort of feeling preference in my line up. I may have to look up how the preferences differ between INTJ and ISTJ. I think I may be a bit outspoken for an ISTJ and have too much feeling for an INTJ. Then again, what the hell do I know. :shrug: