• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm a Mess of Contradictions...I Dare You to Type Me!

kikat

Oh. Darn. That would have been all the evidence I needed.

As Mal+ points out, a bit points to ST. Of course, these are your proclaimed traits. They might not be true to yourself, so there's that.

I think your self-admittance of being controlling or speaking your mind freely is indicative of Te or Fe in the lead position, but I don't think you're an Fe type. Fe types are like that in a sense that they are motherly.

So, what's function correlates to a (ahem...self-proclaimed) controlling personality? Isn't that more of a Judging trait? I'm starting to think I am more of an S than a N (thanks Mal+). And a good part of me points to a T; however I can take things personally and I do care what people think of me (half of the time). ;) I guess not all characteristics of all cognitive functions hold true for everyone.

kikat

What does "screams ENFP" sound like?

"At lot of times I don't think before speaking and it gets me in trouble (hence my outspoken nature)."

Introvert.
Is that an extroverted trait? I was under the impression that some introverts have trouble asserting themselves, and if I'm wrong please correct me. Then again, I really don't like people much. :wink:

kikat

I'm curious about the hubby's type now. I'm hungry for more information. Kikat?

My husband is an ISFJ-a tortured musician, of course.

The funny thing is, he has to drag my butt out to places to socialize.
And HE thinks I'm too controlling. Go figure.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My husband is an ISFJ-a tortured musician, of course.

The funny thing is, he has to drag my butt out to places to socialize.
And HE thinks I'm too controlling. Go figure.

He's projecting.

At lot of times I don't think before speaking and it gets me in trouble (hence my outspoken nature)."

Is that an extroverted trait? I was under the impression that some introverts have trouble asserting themselves, and if I'm wrong please correct me. Then again, I really don't like people much.​

No, but if you're more-or-less a-social and internally conflicted, then that points toward introversion. As a 6w5, you're likely conflicted over your relationship with the social realm. The 6 is a follower of others' ideas; the 5 is intellectually independent. An average 5 likes to get out in public, not so much as a social butterfly but just to enjoy the scene and feel socially connected for a while. Average 6s are worried about what others think of them.

kikat

No, but if you're more-or-less a-social and internally conflicted, then that points toward introversion. As a 6w5, you're likely conflicted over your relationship with the social realm. The 6 is a follower of others' ideas; the 5 is intellectually independent. An average 5 likes to get out in public, not so much as a social butterfly but just to enjoy the scene and feel socially connected for a while. Average 6s are worried about what others think of them.

I am conflicted about the social realm. Ha! I have scored as a 5 instead of a 6 a couple of times. Are thinkers more or less not concerned with what people think of them? As I said, this holds true some of the time; other times not. I'm probably 50/50. I readily show my emotions on my face (at least that's what people tell me) and I can cry when my feelings get hurt. Darn it!:cry:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am conflicted about the social realm. Ha! I have scored as a 5 instead of a 6 a couple of times. Are thinkers more or less not concerned with what people think of them? As I said, this holds true some of the time; other times not. I'm probably 50/50. I readily show my emotions on my face (at least that's what people tell me) and I can cry when my feelings get hurt. Darn it!:cry:

What does "Ha!" refer to? A 6w5 is socially conflicted because they are intellectually dependent and independent on others at the same time.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=19979]kikat[/MENTION]

Well, I pretty exclusively study Jung as of late, the original author of this theory. He thought rational types - Te, Fe, Ti, Fi - tended to extract and form judgements about experience with greater propensity than irrational types - Se, Ne, Si, and Ni. With extraverted rationality - Te and Fe - comes a bit of projection of rationale, so it's comfortable 'seeing' what someone is doing wrong, what should be done to complete a task, etc. Jung called it something like "speaking for the pack."

I think extraverted irrationals - Se and Ne - are comfortable expressing perception as well, but it's maybe more of a posteri thing than anything else.

Also, the two aren't mutually exclusive, so there's that as well.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you see how my personality may conflict with my hubby, an ISFJ?

Are you asking me? I have a great deal of experience with the male ISFJ temperament. As technically an IXTP, they don't exactly go together like meat and potatoes. More like pickles and ice cream.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19979]kikat[/MENTION]

Well, I pretty exclusively study Jung as of late, the original author of this theory. He thought rational types - Te, Fe, Ti, Fi - tended to extract and form judgements about experience with greater propensity than irrational types - Se, Ne, Si, and Ni. With extraverted rationality - Te and Fe - comes a bit of projection of rationale, so it's comfortable 'seeing' what someone is doing wrong, what should be done to complete a task, etc. Jung called it something like "speaking for the pack."

I think extraverted irrationals - Se and Ne - are comfortable expressing perception as well, but it's maybe more of a posteri thing than anything else.

Also, the two aren't mutually exclusive, so there's that as well.

Both Se and Ne are interested in possibilities, only they are vastly different kinds of possibilities.

kikat

What does "Ha!" refer to? A 6w5 is socially conflicted because they are intellectually dependent and independent on others at the same time.

It means I'm not conflicted at all. I was making a bad joke. I do enjoy being social on my own terms, but I don't see myself as intellectually dependent on others.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It means I'm not conflicted at all. I was making a bad joke. I do enjoy being social on my own terms, but I don't see myself as intellectually dependent on others.

Where does the mass of contradictions come into play?

kikat

Are you asking me? I have a great deal of experience with the male ISFJ temperament. As technically an IXTP, they don't exactly go together like meat and potatoes. More like pickles and ice cream.

Actually I was! We mesh in some areas but not so good in others. I'm constantly hurting his feelings and half the time I don't realize what the hell I did. I've had problems like this in work too. I've been told I have no idea how I come across to others. P.S. I like the pickles and ice cream analogy.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually I was! We mesh in some areas but not so good in others. I'm constantly hurting his feelings and half the time I don't realize what the hell I did. I've had problems like this in work too. I've been told I have no idea how I come across to others. P.S. I like the pickles and ice cream analogy.

In theory, Ti is a social klutz, while Fe is a master of social manipulation. Si (his dominant) is controlling about leisure activities, they occur on a schedule and only after certain tasks have been taken care of; Se (your auxiliary) is future-oriented in terms of possibilities for spontaneously fun activities. Si will attend a certain event at a certain time, and prefers to engage in pre-planned activities; Se wants to just go and see what happens next.

kikat

Where does the mass of contradictions come into play?

Oh, I just thought I was all over the place. I hate to socialize and talk to people, yet I am outspoken and assertive. I have no problem raising my hand in a room full of 500 people. Then again, I can fake it pretty good when I need too. As for F/T: I can be very emotional at times, yet at the same time I rarely make decisions based on feelings. In regards to J/P: I like to have control and order, yet I am completely scatterbrained and have trouble finishing things. At the same time, I hate rules and traditions. There...a mass contradiction.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In theory, Ti is a social klutz, while Fe is a master of social manipulation. Si (his dominant) is controlling about leisure activities, they occur on a schedule and only after certain tasks have been taken care of; Se (your auxiliary) is future-oriented in terms of possibilities for spontaneously fun activities. Si will attend a certain event at a certain time, and prefers to engage in pre-planned activities; Se wants to just go and see what happens next.

If you do mesh in certain areas, then it might concern tastes in music or something else not type-related.

kikat

Actually, we're flip-flopped. My hubby is more of a spontaneous guy whereas I like to know what I'm getting into. I prefer to engage in preplanned activities.
See, just when you have me figured out.....;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, we're flip-flopped. My hubby is more of a spontaneous guy whereas I like to know what I'm getting into. I prefer to engage in preplanned activities.
See, just when you have me figured out.....;)

That would also involve your call on your hubby's type. And although your OP seems to group your self-described traits into dichotomies, I doubt that they were grouped correctly.

I have this little typology test...