• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What the hell is my type? *shouts* (A true challenge)

Rorut

Hello, I'm Rorut, a 20 years old female. I have a hard time typing myself, so I'd ask your opinion. If it's okay.

Let's see a few things about me. I try not to over-analyze everything as I usually do.

I'm a psychology major, and I'm really interested in behavior, the society, hallucinogens, parapsychology, revolution, quantum physics etc. I don't want to be a therapist, because I'm not patient and tolerant enough, I'm also afraid I'd think all the time about my clients problems, or it'd be hard sometimes not to be so personal and tell what I really think. I evolved a lot, but I used to be really rude when I thought someone wasn't right, or behaved stupid. This is one things that is hard for me to type, because it can be Fi or Ti as well (and what if my Fi value-system is about logic?). I used to have lots of illogical things when I had to tell my opinion about things, but I've always felt it was consistent. Then I met with my INTJ friend. We began to talk a lot. I found her sometimes quite offensive and hurtful, but didn't care about it, because I knew she was right. So I repressed my emotions (wich had a few side-effects, like I acted way too "rational") and talked to her about my thoughts. It helped me to improve the logical consistency and introspection in my life.

How do I judge people? Well, I can humiliate anyone if I'm really angry (but nowdays I'm quite polite). What makes me angry is when someone spreads his/her stupidity (like social dogmas, racism, sexism, too emotional or fake rational behavior). If it's only me who can hear it, I'm more calm, and I'm more patient. But when I know others can hear that shit, and they can learn stupid things, I'm usually the one who'll get things straight. I've never been afraid of confrontation, even as a child (I was always the smart-ass, and everyone wanted me to shut up). If I don't agree, I'm gonna tell it face to face. I can easily play the devil's advocate, but I play with it only among friends, enjoying an argument. Around people my main goal is to help them get a better pespective on things, so I try to stay consistent. I can easily criticize, and I struggle when I have to tell compliments (I feel awkward). I also have problems with intimacy. I've always found those super romantic moments funny and awkward, and I'm having a hard time recognizing my emotions and deal with them (f.e. I had feelings for my best friend, but I thought he's not the type of person I need, so I repressed this feeling for almost a year). I found it also hard to find someone I can fall in love with. Usually I find people boring and sometimes I have a crush, but it fades away in months or weeks. I don't want to have the typical family model. I don't want to be a mother, and live in a silent house, having barbecue party with the boring neighbours around me. I don't want to take care of a child for such a long time. When I was a kid, I usually had nightmares like I'm in the church, on my wedding, but I know I don't want it, or I'm pregnant, and there's a husband lying next to me in the bed, like a Ken doll.

I think I can be really emotional and empathetic. I usually consider other's feelings when I have to decide, and I try to go with the 'what's logically and emotionally best for most of the people' decision. I've always had this idea, to "make the world a better place". As a child I imagined it as helping the homeless, help people to evolve spiritually, and so on. I saved everyone, and I wanted to help everyone (this could also do something to the fact that my ESFJ mother had a great impact on me). These things didn't change but as I became older i realized that this isn't enough, and it's not a solution, but the end of the problem. Now I want to concentrate on politics, economics and education, to help people live as a free-thinking individuals, who are open-minded, rational, and emotionally/spiritually well-developed.

Why I'm not sure if I'm an ENTP (although I usually get this score on MBTI-tests, and ENFp on socionics) is the fact that sometimes I feel I'm more emotional than other NTs (although who I can always see is my robotic INTJ friend, who's maybe not the best person to be compared to), and I used to struggle a lot about what is moral and what is not, am I a good person or not. I'm not sure if I'm just a healthy NT, who can use her Fe pretty well, or a really logical ENFp with a nice acces to Ti. Sometimes I thought about ENFJ too, because of my functions tests and the fact that sometimes I feel really uncomfortable in new situations, and I can be afraid of new things. Also, I think my Ni is really well-developed.

So, the other problem is my functions test. Here are 3 different tests' results.

1. Ni<Ne<Ti<Fi

2. Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: INTP
or Second Possibility: ISFJ
or Third Possibility: INFJ
Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Ti - Si - Ni - Fe - Ne - Te - Fi - Se

3. Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (60%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (35%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (45%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - intp

I'd find your comments really helpful. Thank you, and sorry for the grammar mistakes (English is my second language, and I was too lazy to use a dictionary).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going with repressed ENFP. You also smell like an enneagram 7 :wink:

Rorut

I'm going with repressed ENFP. You also smell like an enneagram 7 :wink:

I get the repressed ENFP, but can you tell me more about your enneagram 7 idea? It's a quite rare score for me. I agree I use the cooping mechanism of the 7, but I'm way too serious and rational, and not so fun-loving and easy-going.

Thank you for the reply!

I

Infinite Bubble

How do people perceive you?

Are your ethics/values derived by just what you think are right, or are they based on society's sense of ethics as a whole?

What type of situation is especially stressful for you? How do you act in this situation?

Is your default mode of operation more past, present or future? And which out of these three do you have most difficulty with?

Do you believe you're an I or E, and why?

How healthy are you?

---

I can't really tell much right now. Probably T > F who has developed the Feeling function more recently.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get the repressed ENFP, but can you tell me more about your enneagram 7 idea? It's a quite rare score for me. I agree I use the cooping mechanism of the 7, but I'm way too serious and rational, and not so fun-loving and easy-going.

Thank you for the reply!

You sound like an ENFP that's been beaten to a pulp by society to *not* trust her Fi, no offense. Like an ENFP who feels like she has to logic up to be valued. I don't know you, so if I'm wrong, mea culpa. If I am right, know that you aint alone. And perhaps for the enneagram, if you feel you are more serious than the average 7, I'd go for 6w7. You definitely sound like a head type, for sure. And since I'm on a roll with crude-ass unfounded Fi observations/preliminary judgements, I'll go all out and say so-dom, instinct-wise :D

Rorut

How do people perceive you?

Are your ethics/values derived by just what you think are right, or are they based on society's sense of ethics as a whole?

What type of situation is especially stressful for you? How do you act in this situation?

Is your default mode of operation more past, present or future? And which out of these three do you have most difficulty with?

Do you believe you're an I or E, and why?

How healthy are you?

---

I can't really tell much right now. Probably T > F who has developed the Feeling function more recently.

1. I think they are afraid of me a little bit, because I seem to be distant and a little bit cold, I also tell in front of everyone when I don't agree with them. Nowdays I'm more friendly, but it's not easy for me to be so bubbly around them, or make friends. As a child I was really friendly, personal, but bossy and hyperactive. Sometimes I think I'm just disappointed in people, so now I judge them way more seriously than I used to.

2. I think my value-system came from outside as well (by help others when they need, be empathetic, don't kill etc.) I think I've always followed ethical clichés, and I was a christian long ago, as a child (although my family was atheist). Nowdays I'm more concerned about what I accept and what I can't tolerate. But if you see the Fe as accepting the social rules, then I'm totally against it, although I was like a chameleon as a teenager. I adapted my role to the people around me. Fe vs Fi is still my biggest question.

3. Hm. I usually get ideas what/how i should do something in the future, then I found something else. Although I feel I have a constant sense what's gonna happen in the future, and I know what are my main goals, the roads I imagine always change. It's like my perspectives in the present always change about the future. I usually think a lot about my past too (mistakes, memories etc.)

4. I find the idea of I vs E a little bit inconsistent, because E needs more outer stimulis, while I have the stimuli from inside. But if you need a stimuli from outside, you'll have the stimuli from your inside to get a stimuli from outside, don't you? As a child I was totally E, so I'd go with E. I'm not social enough to go outside on the weekends (I don't like people that much), and I feel home when I can read/watch movies/have intellectual and deep conversations/play games. I enjoy sometimes when I go out, drink, dance and so on, but I'm always looking for really interesting people, who I can have nice conversations (I get a girlboner when someone's clever and can reason against my points.), but this doesn't happen, people are not really interested in my opinions. Which I can talk about anytime. So I don't waste my time.

5. I have social anxiety problems, which (according to my psychiatrist) is connected to my intimacy problems. I also have closure-problems (it's hard to decide and close things, probably it's a neurological stuff). I'm also way too analytical, and I can think about things for decades, considering all the aspects, all the effects.

Thank you for your questions!

Rorut

You sound like an ENFP that's been beaten to a pulp by society to *not* trust her Fi, no offense. Like an ENFP who feels like she has to logic up to be valued. I don't know you, so if I'm wrong, mea culpa. If I am right, know that you aint alone. And perhaps for the enneagram, if you feel you are more serious than the average 7, I'd go for 6w7. You definitely sound like a head type, for sure. And since I'm on a roll with crude-ass unfounded Fi observations/preliminary judgements, I'll go all out and say so-dom, instinct-wise :D

I could also see this as a possibility, and a good point, so thank you for your answer. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could also see this as a possibility, and a good point, so thank you for your answer. :)

:laugh: You're welcome. And boy, are you ever Ne-dom :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a close call between INTP and ENTP, but not too close to call it ENTP ("I was too lazy to use a dictionary" sounds like ENTP). There is no way you are ENFJ ("I've always found those super romantic moments funny and awkward" - No ENFJ would seriously say that!).

I don't take into consideration your statements about your childhood, because you're not that child anymore. But your present, adult interpretation of your childhood, and development (or evolution) out of childhood, can be helpful in deciding type.

You are really ambivalent about the problem of extroversion versus introversion, "you'll have the stimuli from your inside to get a stimuli from outside, don't you?" But then you say you're an Extrovert based on your childhood ("as a child I was totally E, so I'd go with E"). However, you're not that child anymore. Then you state that you're not social enough to go out on weekends. The totality of that evidence points toward Introvert, although you strongly come across as ENTP.

You indicate that you are a Perceptive ('Although I feel I have a constant sense what's gonna happen in the future, and I know what are my main goals, the roads I imagine always change," and "I also have closure-problems"). (As a side note, you used the slang word "gonna," indicating that you use some (ahem) advanced methods with the English language. You should perhaps toss in some double negatives, for example, "I ain't gonna do this no more.")

You prefer Thinking over Feeling ("I can easily criticize, and I struggle when I have to tell compliments (I feel awkward)"), although that's not to say you don't have feelings. And you're definitely Intuitive.

This sounds somewhat like me:
"3. Hm. I usually get ideas what/how i should do something in the future, then I found something else. Although I feel I have a constant sense what's gonna happen in the future, and I know what are my main goals, the roads I imagine always change. It's like my perspectives in the present always change about the future. I usually think a lot about my past too (mistakes, memories etc.)"

Your self-description goes beyond the MBTI. In other words, not every trait you describe yourself as can be found in the MBTI system. You describe yourself using traits from different personality systems. In the Ansir system, you have Evokateur and Philosopher traits. In the Enneagram, you come across as a type 5w4 or 3w4. This is because you are "more emotional than other NT's." Exactly. That being said, it doesn't rule out completely the idea that you're a 4w3, which is another type that feels contradicted by their own feelings.

"What makes me angry is when someone spreads his/her stupidity (like social dogmas, racism, sexism, too emotional or fake rational behavior)." Disliking inauthenticity is a type 4 trait.

"I think I can be really emotional and empathetic" indicates that you are a thinker with some ambivalent attitudes toward feeling. If you really were a feeler, you wouldn't just THINK that you can be a feeler, you simply would be a feeler. The suppression of your feelings which you describe as you grew older compel my judgment more towards the 3w4 or 4w3 than the 5w4.

The 3w4 and 4w3 are both conflicted types - they are conflicted between feeling and thinking, sociable and non-sociable, introverted and extroverted. However, the 3 and 4 also have a lot in common. The 4w3 pays more attention to the social aspect, and you ideate about being a social savior of some kind. The 3w4 is motivated more by self-improvement and self-perfection. Your Evokateur (you don't want to be bland and normal) and Philosopher (you are interested in individuality on a global scale) traits swing my decision more toward the type 4 as your dominant e-type.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a close call between INTP and ENTP, but not too close to call it ENTP ("I was too lazy to use a dictionary" sounds like ENTP). There is no way you are ENFJ ("I've always found those super romantic moments funny and awkward" - No ENFJ would seriously say that!).

Well if there's a pretty cold rational ENFJ then sure...

You are really ambivalent about the problem of extroversion versus introversion, "you'll have the stimuli from your inside to get a stimuli from outside, don't you?" But then you say you're an Extrovert based on your childhood ("as a child I was totally E, so I'd go with E"). However, you're not that child anymore. Then you state that you're not social enough to go out on weekends. The totality of that evidence points toward Introvert, although you strongly come across as ENTP.

I am also not social enough to do that all the time. ... She can still be a cognitive extravert. Though socially sure introvert.

You indicate that you are a Perceptive ('Although I feel I have a constant sense what's gonna happen in the future, and I know what are my main goals, the roads I imagine always change," and "I also have closure-problems"). (As a side note, you used the slang word "gonna," indicating that you use some (ahem) advanced methods with the English language. You should perhaps toss in some double negatives, for example, "I ain't gonna do this no more.")

She's not English.

The 3w4 and 4w3 are both conflicted types - they are conflicted between feeling and thinking, sociable and non-sociable, introverted and extroverted. However, the 3 and 4 also have a lot in common. The 4w3 pays more attention to the social aspect, and you ideate about being a social savior of some kind. The 3w4 is motivated more by self-improvement and self-perfection. Your Evokateur (you don't want to be bland and normal) and Philosopher (you are interested in individuality on a global scale) traits swing my decision more toward the type 4 as your dominant e-type.

Aye I always thought she may have a strong 4.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19975]Rorut[/MENTION]

It's always funny to see a long lost soul suddenly reappear.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well if there's a pretty cold rational ENFJ then sure...

I am also not social enough to do that all the time. ... She can still be a cognitive extravert. Though socially sure introvert.

She's not English.

I know she's not English, that's why I decided to educate her with an even more advanced method than "gonna": the double negative.

Aye I always thought she may have a strong 4.

How long have you known this person for?