• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP or what? (Video)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
For more ISFP's, check out this cool cat.

Peter steele is the epitome of ISFP 4's. lmao.

S

Stansmith

ISFP "hippies" are usually going to be SiFe.

Also, for some reason I'm under the impression that Kanye is ESTp-Se 8w7. What Fi user would make a complete ass of themself to stand up for Beyonce? I mean I guess 6's are capable of that. But the man doesn't have a shred of decency. lmao.

Jack Daniels + disintegration to 3 (probably the worst case I've ever seen in modern pop-culture) + Social-last. He's pretty mellow and withdrawn most of the time.

Sx-first 6w7 artists have this way of becoming larger-than-life and being 'crazy' that you don't see in many other types besides sexual 3s and 4s.

B

brainheart

I like the photos. I am also a visual person, for this reason I considered ISFP as a possibility for myself in the past. How you describe them, though, sounds more Se than Ne to me.

I don't know what else to say. I like your aesthetic and I love Tarkovsky. (See avatar.)

S

Stansmith

I guess it's down to ESFP vs ISFP:

ESFP traits that I have

-I can be loud, at certain moments
-There are times when I need a lot of stimulation and movement, especially when I'm stuck inside. I'll usually resort to pacing around, chewing gum, looking through my clothes, listening to music, etc.
-I can be assertive, articulate, efficient with words and get to the meat of an issue quickly (Se-Te?). I feel like I'm 'perceptive'. I cannot relate to the stoner types that believe in conspiracy theories and come to strange, paranoid conclusions about the 'man'. We're on completely different planes.
-I've had times in my life where I feel like I wasn't following my own values, or at the very least, they were out of wack.
-I feel like I'm more verbal and articulate than the ISFP 9s I know, but it probably just seems that way from my perspective. Most people I know probably would describe me as quiet or Lowkey 80% of the time. Even my supposedly 'extroverted' moments probably aren't that impressive. An ISFP 9w1 once told me I was 'too much'.
-I can detach from feeling on certain political issues and focus on the big picture. I'm not that big of a bleeding heart, although seeing actual people who are miserable makes me incredibly sad.

ISFP traits

-I find theoretical discussion interesting and can the gist of psychological, sociological, archeological, etc. theories quickly. The ESFPs I know have barely any patience for it.
-my beliefs and thought processes are more "magical", romantic, passionate and out there than most ESFPs. They don't seem to exaggerate anything.
-I'm only occasionally impulsive or hypomanic.
-I'm very passive, observant and withdrawn when working with groups. I'm mainly Plegmathic with a bit of Sanguine.
-I don't really need brute, immediate, gratifying sensory stimulation 24/7. Although I often need to be chewing something, pacing, listening to music, etc. Some of the ESFPs I know are loose cannons.
-I'm a sensotard when it comes to sports. I have terrible hand-eye coordination, and I can't learn most techniques for shit.
-I'm socially awkward and very selective about who I want to have a conversation with. ESFPs seem to talk to everybody. I don't even like it when sales associates or cashiers greet me in stores, even if they're attractive. I just smile and give them whatever one-word answer is applicable.
-I'm not very sensual or 'loosey-goosey' with my movements. My presence is very small.
-I don't "make things happen", I'm a group wallflower.
-I don't feel like I'm on the same plane as most people, I'm strange.

B

brainheart

I guess it's down to ESFP vs ISFP:

I don't see alot of these as ESFP vs ISFP. I bolded my comments.

ESFP traits that I have

-I can be loud, at certain moments My ISFP kid can be totally crazy and loud at certain moments. My ESFP husband can be very quiet at certain moments

-There are times when I need a lot of stimulation and movement, especially when I'm stuck inside. I'll usually resort to pacing around, chewing gum, looking through my clothes, listening to music, etc. Same could be said for both the ESFP and ISFP in my life.

-I can be assertive, articulate, efficient with words and get to the meat of an issue quickly (Se-Te?). I feel like I'm 'perceptive'. I cannot relate to the stoner types that believe in conspiracy theories and come to strange, paranoid conclusions about the 'man'. We're on completely different planes. I think that's more of a stereotype of ISFPs than reality. I have yet to see any ISFP I know be into that, but I know an ENFP who is totally like that, and I've seen a number of INFJs be like that, too.

-I've had times in my life where I feel like I wasn't following my own values, or at the very least, they were out of wack. This can happen to Fi doms, too. But the thing is they beat themselves up about it and quickly reevaluate their values/make changes.

-I feel like I'm more verbal and articulate than the ISFP 9s I know, but it probably just seems that way from my perspective. Most people I know probably would describe me as quiet or Lowkey 80% of the time. Even my supposedly 'extroverted' moments probably aren't that impressive. An ISFP 9w1 once told me I was 'too much'. I have an ISFP 9 friend who is verbal and articulate. He was seen as the wonder child as a kid with a high IQ. He spends all of his free time reading.

-I can detach from feeling on certain political issues and focus on the big picture. I'm not that big of a bleeding heart, although seeing actual people who are miserable makes me incredibly sad. ISFPs aren't huge bleeding hearts either, necessarily, and I think they can be big picture oriented. See Bob Dylan.

ISFP traits

-I find theoretical discussion interesting and can the gist of psychological, sociological, archeological, etc. theories quickly. The ESFPs I know have barely any patience for it. Yeah, that's probably true.

-my beliefs and thought processes are more "magical", romantic, passionate and out there than most ESFPs. They don't seem to exaggerate anything. Ha ha. My ESFP husband is totally all the things you say you are. Way more than my ISFP kid.

-I'm only occasionally impulsive or hypomanic. I'll agree this is more ISFP than ESFP.
-I'm very passive, observant and withdrawn when working with groups. I'm mainly Plegmathic with a bit of Sanguine.

-I don't really need brute, immediate, gratifying sensory stimulation 24/7. Although I often need to be chewing something, pacing, listening to music, etc. Some of the ESFPs I know are loose cannons.

-I'm a sensotard when it comes to sports. I have terrible hand-eye coordination, and I can't learn most techniques for shit. My ISFP kid is incredibly coordinated. My ESFP husband, not so much. But he desperately wishes he was.

-I'm socially awkward and very selective about who I want to have a conversation with. ESFPs seem to talk to everybody. I don't even like it when sales associates or cashiers greet me in stores, even if they're attractive. I just smile and give them whatever one-word answer is applicable. My ESFP husband can be pretty reserved with people he doesn't know, but not nearly to the extent of my ISFP kid who is mute when not with immediate family and friends.

-I'm not very sensual or 'loosey-goosey' with my movements. My presence is very small.
-I don't "make things happen", I'm a group wallflower.
-I don't feel like I'm on the same plane as most people, I'm strange.

Anyway, you seem more ISFP than ESFP to me.

S

Stansmith

Introversion (I): |||||||||||||||||| 73.53%
Extroversion (E): ||||||| 26.47%

Intuition (N): |||||||||||||||| 65.71%
Sensation (S): ||||||||| 34.29%

Thinking (T): |||||||||| 40.63%
Feeling (F): ||||||||||||||| 59.38%

Judging (J): |||||||| 31.58%
Perceiving (P): ||||||||||||||||| 68.42%

Interesting. I seem to be IP'N'F in terms of preference.

S

Stansmith

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (25%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (85%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (45%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (40%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (20%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (85%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Things just don't measure up, lol.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They're just test results dude. :shrug: Ultimately it comes down to how you think you operate rather than what tests tell you.

FWIW, that test thinks I'm an INFP every time.

B

brainheart

Things just don't measure up, lol.

I think every extroverted perceiver probably tests high on Ne if they have any intelligence. They always make Se sound so one dimensional, like Se users are rabbits sniffing the air and nothing more. Se + Ji can make all sorts of conclusions and brainstorm too.

S

Stansmith

Thought I'd gauge how I relate to each function:

Introverted Sensation (Si) tunes you in to the chaos, unpredictability, and unknowability of the concrete world, leading you to value whatever few signs you can find that have stable meaning. For example, the stripes of tabby cats might hold a particular meaning for you, and you might come to treasure that. As an epistemological perspective, Si leads you to view anything from outside a familiar context as dangerous and untrustworthy. You are in tune with the fact that nearly all possibilities lead to destruction. For example, if you're designing an airplane, nearly all combinations of the variables fail. Of the possible combinations of wingspan, wing placement, wing shape, fuselage shape, and so on, there is only a tiny subset that make an aerodynamically workable plane--and then only if you get a whole lot of other things just right, too. All of life is like that, only much more complicated. We live only in the small islands of the world that we've grown up with and are suited to us. And we can't possibly know why these small islands are relatively safe. As an ethical perspective, Si leads you to protect the integrity of the things and signs that we depend on. This usually takes the form of setting up barriers against the unpredictable. For example, saving for a rainy day (hardships come at unpredictable times) or inspecting buildings for fire safety (so people can trust that "being inside a building" is a sign of safety against the elements). Within these barriers, where all is trustworthy and familiar, we can survive and enjoy what is precious to us--for a while.

^^^^probably the 6w7 influence.

Introverted Intuition (Ni) focuses on what is inexpressible--the incommensurable and chaotic things that exist outside of any conceptual framework. For example, what do you hear in the theme-and-variations movement of Beethoven's String Quartet Op. 131? There is a meaning there, but you can't put it into words. Any attempt to put it into words will result in only a tawdry parody of the reality. Better to remain silent. As an epistemological perspective, Ni leads you to view all signs as meaningless or even deceptive, not necessarily connected to what they're supposed to represent. The true reality is something that exists beyond all signs and appearances, and can only be apprehended by a kind of direct intuition. To learn truth, one must learn to see through appearances--to make contact with a reality that cannot be seen or said. As an ethical perspective, Ni leads you to hold yourself apart from and unaffected by the meanings that others attach to words and events--to keep your own vision pure and pursue your own path regardless of evidence, reasons, or the opinions of others.

Introverted Thinking (Ti) makes sense of the world by apprehending it in terms of effects emerging from a cause, or a harmony of elements. For example, the way a beautifully made desk appears to emerge from a single idea. As an epistemological perspective, Ti leads one to trust only things that you understand first-hand for yourself, preferably through direct, hands-on interaction. You must see for yourself how a given thing or subject makes sense. Knowledge must emerge from the concrete reality itself, not from preconceived categories or criteria, and the search for knowledge must follow wherever logic and the subject matter lead, regardless of how people feel about it. As an ethical perspective, Ti leads you to do what is best for the system regardless of reward or gain or social conventions that define right and wrong behavior. For example, the sense of "natural law" that guides Clint Eastwood to do what needs doing in Old West towns regardless of the law.

Introverted Feeling (Fi) makes sense of the world by relating everything to universal human needs and callings. For example, understanding the actions of a bully as the expression of an unmet need to be connected and feel important. Understanding that, we can see the bully without judgement: we can see him as a living being not so different from ourselves, seeking to fulfill his needs just as we do, but in a way that creates unnecessary conflict. As an epistemological perspective, Fi leads you to take whatever a person thinks or believes as an expression of that person's unique nature--not to criticize it because it fails to live up to some externally imposed criteria like whether or not it's "logical" or "appropriate". As an ethical perspective, Fi leads you to act out of empathy regardless of the social status or "deservingness" of the beneficiary. Fi leads you to view all living things as equal in value, all needing to thrive in interpersonal harmony without giving up any of their uniqueness.

Extraverted Sensation (Se) makes sense of the world by attending to what exists concretely here and now, and trusting your instincts. As an epistemological perspective, Se leads you to believe only in what you can see and experience concretely, and to trust your immediate, gut-level responses to it. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, then it's a duck. Whatever a sign means is obvious and inescapable; if a sign's meaning is not obvious, then it's meaningless. Whatever is physical, immediate, gut-level cannot be faked and must be right. For example, if you sense that someone is up to no good, then you trust that sense. If you have an impulse to paint the town red, then you go out and do so. As an ethical perspective, Se leads you to believe that life is to be lived right now, "in the moment", responding to things immediately and without thought. What matters most in life is what makes the biggest perceivable impact, whatever stands out in a way that can't be ignored. Se leads you to develop a persona that is attractive and "hip" according to the conventions of your society and your time--to go with the flow without stopping to question the direction. If something isn't fun, then don't do it.

Extraverted Intuition (Ne) makes sense of the world by seeing ways to incorporate what is known into a broader context--breaking through the limits of current concepts. For example, sensing, before nearly anyone else, that high-bandwidth communication networks would "change the rules" of commerce. As an epistemological perspective, Ne leads you to practice "out of the box" thinking. There are never any final answers, just more and more opportunities to shift concepts and make sense of things in new ways. Whatever we think things mean today, we'll probably find out tomorrow they mean something different. As an ethical perspective, Ne leads you to take risks and dive into the unknown--stacking the deck to some extent by diving into areas that look especially fertile, but genuinely entering the unknown and allowing it to send your mind in new directions. If you don't know, just guess! Try something, and information will come to you--but only if you stir up the pot. From an Ne perspective, life is a succession of opportunities to pounce on, each opportunity opening up more that you can't yet see.

Extraverted Thinking (Te) makes sense of the world by viewing things "objectively": in terms of categories and measurements that can be defined in advance of observation. For example, defining the specifications of a wheel that make it acceptable for use on the road. Stable categories and measurements enable people to define shared goals and enforce agreements fairly. You can tell whether the wheel met the specifications or not; anyone can tell, because the specifications are defined independently of both the wheel and the person doing the measuring. As an epistemological perspective, Te leads you to be concerned with logical and empirical justification. No conclusion may be accepted until it has been grounded on a firm foundation of other facts that have themselves been firmly established. What has not been tested is unknown; what cannot be tested is meaningless. As an ethical perspective, Te leads to a life of "rational hill-climbing": making every decision according to well-defined criteria for what counts as better and worse. You might not know how to get to your goal, but at each decision, you take the choice that leads closer to it: you improve your position at every opportunity. Moral codes in a Te worldview emphasize keeping one's promises. Justice is understood as a social agreement negotiated by all parties, which specifies rewards and punishments that must be enforced fairly according to objective rules.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe) makes sense of the world by viewing it in terms of where you stand with other people: interpreting signs that indicate the category of your relationship. As an epistemological perspective, Fe leads you to view every sign as an expression of people's loyalties. A simple example is that displaying a flag demonstrates your loyalty to country. What matters is how you go above and beyond efficient means to an end. For example, throwing a party in someone's honor is not "necessary" for survival: it's a gesture that goes above and beyond survival, expressing your feelings for the guest of honor in a way that all can understand. From an Fe perspective, words are never neutral descriptions of fact: your choice of words, your choice of topic, is a declaration of your feelings and loyalties. As an ethical perspective, Fe leads you to believe that "life is with people": to understand one's value and meaning in terms of your standing in the community--in terms of the people whom you influence and their feelings about you.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/134-Lenore-Thomson-MBTI-Functions