• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP or what? (Video)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whoever pointed out that you seem to have pretty short, straightforward answers had a really good point. I have a really, really hard time seeing a Ne dom or even aux staying as on-topic as you did. Your answers were often gently vague/big picture (Pe) and seemed Fi, but they really didn't tend to stray at all and you rarely rephrase or loop back to old topics or shoot forward into implications. You just answer in a genuine way and move on. I support IxxP/ISFP as well. Your 6ness seems very different from my 6ness but that doesn't mean anything beyond us being different.

W

WALMART

I typed ENTP when I first discovered MBTI. I was hesitant to explore anything else because I thought extraverted intuition was the pinnacle of awesome. I one day realized I was the pinnacle of awesome, promptly freeing myself for an opportunity to understand.

There's a lot more to all this than a casual brush can give, and unfortunately, I think that's all many ever get.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I saw this earlier this morning and if there actually existed a possibility on this plain of me being a more organized human being...I really feel I would have been one of the first responders <-and then I could have posted or merely repped that 'everyone's gonna say ISFP.' I don't think so though. And I don't get e6 either.

Can I take a wild guess that you're gonna say 9 disintegrating to 6? :D It seems like a Starry move.

S

Stansmith

Whoever pointed out that you seem to have pretty short, straightforward answers had a really good point. I have a really, really hard time seeing a Ne dom or even aux staying as on-topic as you did. Your answers were often gently vague/big picture (Pe) and clearly Fi, but they really didn't tend to stray at all and you rarely rephrase or loop back to old topics or shoot forward into implications. You just answer in a genuine way and move on. I support IxxP/ISFP as well.

I feel like I do that a lot in private, or when I'm feeling fairly extroverted or loosey-goosey. I felt self-conscious on camera so just went with direct answers to get it over with.

I do notice the implications of things, but I just discard it because I feel its irrelevant or ranty, and prefer to keep it to myself so I'm not expending too much energy. Saying more words to others than I need to feels like work most of the time.

S

Stansmith

Your type is: ADORABLE

Had I been a bit more organized this morning (<-why am I even saying that? when I'm honest with myself I really shouldn't be saying that as if it was a possibility...)

I saw this earlier this morning and if there actually existed a possibility on this plain of me being a more organized human being...I really feel I would have been one of the first responders <-and then I could have posted or merely repped that 'everyone's gonna say ISFP.' I don't think so though. And I don't get e6 either.

And I want to know... to what extent if any do you have a sense of keeping a handle on your behavior...controlling the way you present yourself?

Thanks. :)

And I definitely put a filter on myself.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel like I do that a lot in private, or when I'm feeling fairly extroverted or loosey-goosey. I felt self-conscious on camera so just went with direct answers to get it over with.

I do notice the implications of things, but I just discard it because I feel its irrelevant or ranty, and prefer to keep it to myself so I'm not expending too much energy. Saying more words to others than I need to feels like work most of the time.

Actually I think it's interesting because you seem to get to the "heart" of the matter fairly quickly, which is a gift I certainly do not have. It seems like an SF thing, but that's not a call on your type, just an association.

S

Stansmith

Actually I think it's interesting because you seem to get to the "heart" of the matter fairly quickly, which is a gift I certainly do not have. It seems like an SF thing, but that's not a call on your type, just an association.

I always figured that was related to Te; filtering through your thoughts for what's relevant and direct.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always figured that was related to Te; filtering through your thoughts for what's relevant and direct.

yeah it's hard to say nfps do one or the other because it depends on what were talking about or our mood or how many times we've tried the organic approach and it didn't work so we just choose to be super direct.

S

Stansmith

I typed ENTP when I first discovered MBTI. I was hesitant to explore anything else because I thought extraverted intuition was the pinnacle of awesome. I one day realized I was the pinnacle of awesome, promptly freeing myself for an opportunity to understand.

There's a lot more to all this than a casual brush can give, and unfortunately, I think that's all many ever get.

Lol, this is kind of weird for me. I've pretty much been sold on xNFP since I learned about Myers-Briggs a year ago and identified heavily with the idea of Ne/NF-ness (as corny as that sounds), now I just feel strangely depersonalized, even though I shouldn't. This is changing my perspective of myself more-so than learning my enneagram type.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay just watched the video and agree with starry...totally adorable.

i don't know...i still wanna type you enfp but you do come across more isfp ish in this video than your last.

are you only unsure of e/i? because that parts easy. it's totally enfp over infp.

Starry

At first I had the cute tongue attached...this one...:tongue: And I was simply horrified...in spite of the fact I felt deep in my gut/Starry soul...that you probably like the cute tongue better.

Still, never wanting to be seen using the cute tongue...I quickly edited. :tongue10: That's actually tongue10 for those of you wanting to commit that to memory...

I only use tongue10 with those members I want to French kiss I love dearly.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
At first I had the cute tongue attached...this one...:tongue: And I was simply horrified...in spite of the fact I felt deep in my gut/Starry soul...that you probably like the cute tongue better.

Still, never wanting to be seen using the cute tongue...I quickly edited. :tongue10: That's actually tongue10 for those of you wanting to commit that to memory...

I only use tongue10 with members I want to French kiss I love dearly.

I actually prefer tongue10 so it was a wise decision.

And the feeling is mutual, darling. :smooch:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Maybe... it doesn't seem to have Te coldness about it though.

yeah it's hard to say nfps do one or the other because it depends on what were talking about or our mood or how many times we've tried the organic approach and it didn't work so we just choose to be super direct.

Yeah it's really true. I feel like my communication style can change so much one moment to the next...

Lol, this is kind of weird for me. I've pretty much been sold on xNFP since I learned about Myers-Briggs a year ago and identified heavily with the idea of Ne/NF-ness (as corny as that sounds), now I just feel strangely depersonalized, even though I shouldn't. This is changing my perspective of myself more-so than learning my enneagram type.

It's really crazy how everything suddenly "looks" different when you start seeing it in a different light, isn't it. Like the world wasn't as you understood it before. Everything shifts.

It's still really interesting to me how different your core enneatype seems to present than mine. You always seem calm in your posts. Maybe that's why I can see you as an I... something about your energy level just seems calmer/more peaceful than mine. Slower tempo, gentler response. But who knows. People tell me I'm calming and peaceful and I think they're nuts because I sure don't feel like that inside much of the time!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]
I see
I?FP 9w1>6w7>3w4 Sp/Sx

S

Stansmith

I'm still trying to wrap my head around my own SeNi use (Se always comes out as a weak function for me). I keep reading descriptions on Ne and Ni, and it all just seems like semantics, I can't accurately put my finger on the differences between the two. I decided I'd post some pictures and describe them to get an idea of my perception functions at work.

tumblr_mtmxrosU0k1qlt6o3o1_1280.jpg

She's very pretty. The filter reminds me of a Tarkovsky film. I feel like this picture is sort of an encapsulation of human beauty, even if that wasn't the intention of the photographer/editor. Something about seeing an 'artsy' picture of a human face (specifically female) makes me think of that. The human face and 'essence' in-of-itself is something of artistic value when presented in the right way.

tumblr_mruacqyIzY1svrh8zo1_500.jpg

Apparently, this is somewhere in Ireland. Incredible. I just feel an incredible urge to be in that specific place. I feel like I could live my entire life just wandering through that general area, seeing where it takes me. I want to just merge with it somehow. I'd imagine if I were there, I'd be wearing something subtle and earthy, something that blends in seamlessly with the general aesthetic of the area. I love how there seems to be noone in sight. I can't look at pictures like this without wishing I could teleport. I kind of wish I was from the British Isles (not London), Manchester specifically, for whatever reason.

tumblr_marvg7Wqq81qeccpho1_500.jpg

I love the teal-ish/baby blue background. I can't think of any place where such a picture is possible, but it's beautiful. His fur looks incredibly soft and gentle. Likely one of the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen.

tumblr_mt94ynqzrB1qah5ozo1_500.jpg

For whatever reason, I like the way this looks. I love how minimalistic, whimsical and laissez-faire it is. I love Polaroid-type pictures. I love how her eyes just pop out in that head shot and fill up half the page. It's hot. She's like a little gremlin or something. I would love to have a scrapbook.

2283988629_e53360fceb.jpg

I love this film. The mid 60s aesthetic is incredible. I feel like life should be an accumulation of moments like this one. I can just imagine how the sun feels, the sound of the waves crashing, the sense of peace and subdued joy they must be feeling, being with one another in this specific spot, at this specific moment. It's simple, yet perfect. I can also imagine the sadness they must be feeling, knowing that this moment will eventually end, and the intensity they're feeling will eventually fade. Moments like these never last, but they're amazing to look back on. These are the moments I wish I could capture through some sort of medium, be it film, literature, music, photography, or perhaps, through my own eyes.

-------

What do you think? [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]

S

Stansmith

I've noticed I can sit in one place for an hour, staring in one fixed direction, while taking in absolutely nothing. People tend to assume I'm in deep thought, when I'm really not thinking about anything at all, nor am I really observing a tangible object. I'm just in some strange, quiet, lucid metaphysical state.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Lol. Ironically enough, he's also an ISFP 6w7 who I confused for ENFP. I don't follow his Ni rants half the time though, and often find them quite stupid. Perhaps since it's a subjective function, not all Ni users are gonna be on the same plane.

I think ISFP 6s and the stereotypical ISFP 9 are night and day. I can barely relate to the 9w8s, they're on some hippy shit.

ISFP "hippies" are usually going to be SiFe.

Also, for some reason I'm under the impression that Kanye is ESTp-Se 8w7. What Fi user would make a complete ass of themself to stand up for Beyonce? I mean I guess 6's are capable of that. But the man doesn't have a shred of decency. lmao.