• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP or what? (Video)

S

Stansmith

You are most definitely an FP, and I agree with SFP (leaning towards ISFP). Being 6w7 and so/sx could definitely make you think and seem like you're an extrovert though. Gotta admit, the fact that you post like 20 pictures in half of your forum posts is what initially got me thinking Se. You place a lot of importance on image and what you see = it all seems like physically mapping out the details and images of the thoughts you're sharing. I mean, I'm an ENFP (shout-out to all those who think I'm a mistyped ESFJ
daydreaming.gif
) and I find those "what do you picture ___ looking like" threads fun but I don't take it nearly as seriously or put as much effort into it as you do. The way you find these common physical characteristics among people you believe to share a similar type reminds me a lot of [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] who's an Se-dom. Stuff like that is simply not on my priority list.

I feel like 7s in general tend to jump from topic-to-topic quickly, whatever it may be. I don't think an ISFP would even spend much time here. They're just like "cool" and move on.

B

brainheart

Se is wacky too. My ISFP kid is a total goofball with a hilarious sense of humor. And my ESFP husband is absurdly wacky. I would say the same things about Ryan Gosling. But it's a different sort of wacky/ tangential approach than Ne. It's less nuanced and less abstract. It's more of this world, more kinesthetic, while Ne is more head-y, more hypothetical.

Like I said, I see no Ne in your video.

This is why I see SeNi.

NeSi users are very grounded in their Si framework.

NiSe users are much more unhinged, kinda just working with whatever "random" stuff Ni brings up.

Totally.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait didn't we Already do this? Ill look again but I can't hear sound on my stupid phone.

S

Stansmith

Se is wacky too. My ISFP kid is a total goofball with a hilarious sense of humor. And my ESFP husband is absurdly wacky. I would say the same things about Ryan Gosling. But it's a different sort of wacky/ tangential approach than Ne. It's less nuanced and less abstract. It's more of this world, more kinesthetic, while Ne is more head-y, more hypothetical.

Like I said, I see no Ne in your video.

Totally.

Can you give me an example if you don't mind?

S

Stansmith

Here's an example of the sarcastic, unfunny observations/conclusions I would make/come to:

-I see a girl from the track team training with her coach = He's trying to sleep with her.

-The black guy from the matrix offers Neo the choice of two pills after being abducted = Thats stupid. He could be a date rapist offering him a roofie.

-Forced to watch a 15-second trailer before a youtube video = Right, another film about handsome douchebags with guns, speedboats and east coast accents.

B

brainheart

Can you give me an example if you don't mind?

Sure. This isn't wacky and tangential necessarily, but it's very Fi + Ne, starting @20 seconds-

Notice how he starts a sentence and then just stops because he finds a better way to say it and so he just starts saying the better way. Ne does this a lot. Also, the better way is a metaphor. INFPs always feel like they can express themselves better in metaphor. He also does the Ne aux 'looking up into his head'.

This person is also super ENFP. It may be an extreme E version, but you get the idea that way.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Here's an example of the sarcastic, unfunny observations/conclusions I would make/come to:

-I see a girl from the track team training with her coach = He's trying to sleep with her.

-The black guy from the matrix offers Neo the choice of two pills after being abducted = Thats stupid. He could be a date rapist offering him a roofie.

-Forced to watch a 15-second trailer before a youtube video = Right, another film about handsome douchebags with guns, speedboats and east coast accents.

So, basically, sex, drugs, and violence?

Yeah, as I (we've) said: Se.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel like 7s in general tend to jump from topic-to-topic quickly, whatever it may be. I don't think an ISFP would even spend much time here. They're just like "cool" and move on.

And yet there are ISFPs who actually do spend time here.

Notice how he starts a sentence and then just stops because he finds a better way to say it and so he just starts saying the better way. Ne does this a lot. Also, the better way is a metaphor. INFPs always feel like they can express themselves better in metaphor. He also does the Ne aux 'looking up into his head'.

Oh god, this is too true it actually hurts. This was one of the reasons I refrained from posting my video for other people to play around with my type; I just knew I was going to jump all over my words and a lot of my sentences would come out incomprehensibly and awkwardly. Sad part is there's no filter for this IRL so whenever I stumble over my words and correct myself mid-sentence I just feel super awkward. I actually have to be really conscious and focused to not try to do all this because otherwise I just sound like a sloppy drunk slurring his words (yeah, sometimes I mix words together sometimes too when the word I'm about to say makes me think of another word).

S

Stansmith

I have one hell of FiNi loop then. Practically lifelong. Other SPs haven't ever really been my 'tribe'.

B

brainheart

Yes, with the Ni tertiary/inferior jumping to conclusions. Also there's a lot of six worst case scenario action going on there.

I have one hell of NiFi loop then. Practically lifelong. Other SPs haven't ever really been my 'tribe'.

ISFPs are not your typical SPs. I don't think they feel like part of a tribe. My ISFP kid is definitely his own person.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFPs have also been called the most "NF-y" of the non-NFs. (◕‿◕✿)

Yes, with the Ni tertiary/inferior jumping to conclusions. Also there's a lot of six worst case scenario action going on there.

The date rape conclusion also seemed like a pretty sp-ish thought to me, although I'm willing to concede to so/sx but I wouldn't rule out so/sp - he tends to view himself more as a born outsider (conta-flow) than a born insider (syn-flow). Flashing back to his thread where he called himself a "freak of nature" ENFP.

S

Stansmith

I can think of quite a few times where I've gotten an abstract 'feeling' of my life, and destiny finally coming together. I remember the first time I picked up a DSLR camera and literally thinking "wow, this is it. This is my life.", and not being able to explain why. I knew it was illogical, but I just went with the idea. I just figured it was just some euphoric rush everyone gets when discovering a passion. I often feel that way after having a generally great day too, or even just waking up on the right side of the bed in the morning.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are most definitely an FP, and I agree with SFP (leaning towards ISFP). Being 6w7 and so/sx could definitely make you think and seem like you're an extrovert though. Gotta admit, the fact that you post like 20 pictures in half of your forum posts is what initially got me thinking Se. You place a lot of importance on image and what you see = it all seems like physically mapping out the details and images of the thoughts you're sharing. I mean, I'm an ENFP (shout-out to all those who think I'm a mistyped ESFJ
daydreaming.gif
) and I find those "what do you picture ___ looking like" threads fun but I don't take it nearly as seriously or put as much effort into it as you do. The way you find these common physical characteristics among people you believe to share a similar type reminds me a lot of [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] who's an Se-dom. Stuff like that is simply not on my priority list.

So I've been pulled in here by dear Ms Chanaynay... I'll give my 2 cents.

I've not seen the whole of the video, but based on the snippets I've seen you don't move much, and you talk slowly. You are also very inert, taking the shape of the chair (i.e. leaning on it). This suggests a person who is adaptable and languid, yet lacking in initiative; and because of this, I'm getting a strong IP vibe.

Standuble

Hmm, this may not be relevant and at worst completely misleading but Stansmith's responses seem type 6 to me. I think anyway (enneagram isn't my strong point) but it's how he's grasping at straws in a desperate, final act of defiance of his fate. I've seen it in others before who were sixes.

S

Stansmith

Hmm, this may not be relevant and at worst completely misleading but Stansmith's responses seem type 6 to me. I think anyway (enneagram isn't my strong point) but it's how he's grasping at straws in a desperate, final act of defiance of his fate. I've seen it in others before who were sixes.

I'm actually genuinely intrigued by all this. I appreciate the subtle condescension anyway.

B

brainheart

I'm actually genuinely intrigued by all this. I appreciate the subtle condescension anyway.

Ha. Yeah, you don't seem very defensive to me, more like you're trying to make sense of what goes on with you and how it correlates with cognitive functions.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Omg you really do remind me of Kanye.. Something about how you talk and your mannerisms.

S

Stansmith

Omg you really do remind me of Kanye.. Something about how you talk and your mannerisms.

Lol. Ironically enough, he's also an ISFP 6w7 who I confused for ENFP. I don't follow his Ni rants half the time though, and often find them quite stupid. Perhaps since it's a subjective function, not all Ni users are gonna be on the same plane.

I think ISFP 6s and the stereotypical ISFP 9 are night and day. I can barely relate to the 9w8s, they're on some hippy shit.

Starry

Should be fixed by now. Thanks.

Your type is: ADORABLE

Had I been a bit more organized this morning (<-why am I even saying that? when I'm honest with myself I really shouldn't be saying that as if it was a possibility...)

I saw this earlier this morning and if there actually existed a possibility on this plain of me being a more organized human being...I really feel I would have been one of the first responders <-and then I could have posted or merely repped that 'everyone's gonna say ISFP.' I don't think so though. And I don't get e6 either.

And I want to know... to what extent if any do you have a sense of keeping a handle on your behavior...controlling the way you present yourself?