• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I INTJ or INFJ?

NickM

MBTI Type
????
I've taken the test multiple times and try and give my 100% true answer... It seems like I take the test and just keep putting in the same answers over and over again without actually noticing. Anyways I get INTJ as my result each time and each time it says I prefer T to F by 1%. Looking up some blogs and videos about INTJ types and I can relate to some stuff but then there's a lot that doesn't fit me and I most definitely don't think of myself as a darker person and from what I read INTJ are mostly darker and even seem kind of cruel to me and I admit once in a while I can give a little bit of tough love but I really don't see myself as a INTJ or maybe I'm just over-thinking it a bit too much. Finally I decided to look up INFJ since I only did miss being categorized as INFJ by 1% and it turned out INFJ actually does fit me a lot more then INTJ does. The only problem I had was I don't express my feelings I know I have them inside me but I was raised to not show much emotion, to me I think of emotion as vulnerability. I don't show my true inner self to anyone besides my very close family. But I can relate to INFJ in the way I can understand peoples emotions and feelings very well and some people often like to tell me a lot about them yet they don't know much about me. Im still unsure if im INTJ or INFJ maybe Im just a INxJ?

I'd tell you a story of something that happened not to long ago and maybe this can further help explain which is my true type?

A really good friend of the family started coming around more often and so we started talking a lot, but it was mostly her talking and I would just listen to all her stories and she would tell me about her life and some dark secrets that she said she hasn't told anyone. I was a little confused why she was telling me all these things since she hardly knows me. But I would just listen and just give her whatever advice I could or how I thought she could have handle the situation a little better and it was mostly that I was there to listen to her that made her feel better so I didn't mind doing that. Anyways I guess she started getting mad at me because she would give me all this information about herself but I would never tell her anything personal about me. One day she tells me " I can tell that your depressed and sad and lonely" I just ignored her and she just kept pushing the subject asking me whats wrong why am I always by myself and I just simply told I like to be myself alone sometimes its nothing personal I'm fine. I thought she would understand but instead she just keep trying to break me down or something telling me why I'm I so depressed and she can tell because that's how she was when she was depressed but I kept assuring her that I am fine nothing is wrong with me but she didn't believe me. After a week of her keep telling me this I just got fed up and told her just leave me alone already, I'm not depressed I feel fine if anyone is depressed it's you since your the one that keeps bringing up the subject. I admit that was very rude to tell someone and I felt really bad especially since I made her cry by saying that. After this all happened she went around telling my family and friends of ours that I'm a mean person because of what I did. But after talking to a lot of the people they told me that they didn't believe her because I'm one of the nicest person they know.

Honestly that was the only time I was told I was a mean person and I guess that can seem kind of a INTJ thing to do but I'm not usually like that and I didn't really know other peoples perspective about me before this situation happened. And since it did happen I found out that a lot of people actually think of me as a nice and caring person, and I think it was a good thing that situation occurred because I thought people didn't really like me (forever whatever crazy reasons I had in my head) but I had lots of long talks with family members and friends and it turns out I'm actually a pretty cool person. It was pretty funny because a lot of them did ask how come I don't come around a lot and I just simply said I like the quiet. Which really explains my introverted ways.

I know this is a lot to read and maybe none of it can help decide my actual personality type but I figured I might as well try my best for you guys to try and figure out my personality type.

taylord

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Definitely not INTJ. Not sure if that makes you INFJ or not. They are both pretty rare personalities.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
In my experience it's not uncommon for INFs to test as INTs, at least partly because many of the F choices on typical MBTI tests (including the official test) are choices that are more likely to appeal to SFs and EFs than INFs — and I think that's more true of INFJs than INFPs. In any case, it's certainly been my experience that it's considerably more common for an INFJ to mistype as INTJ (and later conclude they're really INFJ) than vice versa. I think that, in some ways, it's fair to say that INFJs are both the "least F" of the F's and the "least NF" of the NFs.

So, based on your barely-T test results and the fact that you seem to relate better to the INFJ descriptions you've read, I suspect you're probably an INFJ.

If you're interested, you can type yourself with the official "Step I" MBTI here. (Again, though, a low T result wouldn't surprise me or change my current INFJ lean.)

And finally, in case they're of any use to you, I've put roundups of some decent INTJ and INFJ profiles in the spoiler.

NickM

MBTI Type
????
Thanks for the "Step I" test I scored this time as a INFP and my S and N were tied with 13 each and my J and P were tied with 11 each. Ill just have to read up on the personalities a bit more.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram