• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What the heck, type me. (video)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey Mal+, thanks! Hmm...I don't know that I relate totally to any of the groups but:

Group A
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. I've experienced this to some extent.
4. Eh, subtle and inclusive of others, but I also tend to provide challenge.

Group B
1. Yes, though not just one deep relationship-- that's co-dependent in my mind. I prefer a handful of deep relationships over many (or any) superficial ones.
2. Somewhat, though my long term goals are more like ideas that can change a bit with time and new info. I don't create goals for others, that's their job.

Well, somewhat, but if you're the BOSS... ("My leadership style is quiet yet persistent as I make a determined effort toward long-range goals for myself, others, and the organization I work for.")

---You came out slightly more INFJ than INFP.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(the INFP stuff beneath is all my own experience, so I'm not sure if this is just me)

Meanwhile, an INFP will almost always avoid conflict, unless it interferes with a core value. This is because we don't like to impose our vision on the environment. We want people to change their ways due to a shift in internal state, and we promote our values via modelling them, and living them out as best as we can.

If someone does something kinda inconsiderate, I'll let it go, since people have a right to express themselves as individuals. Who knows what kind of shit they have going on in their life, maybe I'd act that way too if I were in their position. That value, to me at least, trumps the need to always be polite and perfect.

However, if this person is consistently a dick, eventually I'll reach a point where I'll hulk out on inferior Te and be like: "THAT'S ENOUGH! No one has the right to behave like that all the time. You are making me feel (blank), please stop this behaviour." The problem is, a lot of my inferior function is speaking now, and I have a shitty handle of Te, and it makes my words come out a bit harsh and undiplomatic. And that person will usually give me this routine: :huh::shock::unsure: Wow! Where did THAT come from? Don't expect me to be mind reader, Jeremy. Jeez, to think I thought you were nice, blah, blah, blah.

Then the other person seems to think I should apologize to THEM. And while I do feel bad, I can't believe that they seem to think they were hit out of nowhere. I usually monitor other people's internal state pretty closely, so I'm surprised when I realize how little they pay attention to mine. What they don't understand is that by allowing something to happen once, I was not telling them that I think what they did is ALWAYS okay. That is a generalized Je way to look at things. I don't have a general set of interpersonal laws I always follow. I believe in giving people enough wiggle room for individual circumstances. Really, I let things go in good faith, assuming they'll correct it.

That being said, if I was smart and approached the situation in a Je way, I would communicate these feelings to people immediately, rather than 100 incidents later. However it's very uncomfortable and difficult for me to verbally articulate exactly what's happening internally in the moment. It's something I need to work on, to be sure.

I'm starting to lose myself in my brain, not sure if that makes sense. However, I hope this helped you decide whether you're INFP/INFJ.

For the record, you seem INFP to me, but it's difficult to tell based on what you said in the video.

Thank you for your insight! Disclaimer: Most of what I'm saying here is in regards to people I'm at least acquainted with. I won't generally confront a random person, unless they are being offensive or causing harm.

Response to the bolded:

I don't mind imposing my vision on the environment, because I know the person has the choice to dismiss what I've said and move on. I do think I also "walk the walk" though as you mention.

If someone is behaving inconsiderately, I may start by saying "Hey, the way you just said that seemed angry. What's on your mind?" I guess I want to acknowledge the fact that they are directing anger at me, while also making myself available to hear them out. Usually this prevents an explosion later, as you mentioned. Even if they won't admit they are angry about something, at least I tried.

When I was very unhealthy and disintegrating to 2, I had passive aggressive explosions all the time. Perhaps that's why honesty and intentional confrontation is so important to me now.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she has zero Se Qi. When I look at her I feel like I'm looking at gold leaf. extremely fragile.

If I invited all my friends to have a nerf gun war in her house, she'd flip a shit.

Typical INFP.

Wtf man! My Infp bf would be all about a nerf gun fight.

Standuble

Arendee only usually works in stereotypes. The way this is going he is going to be giving his nut sack and getting acquainted with her brother after all. I hope he's hungry.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Arendee only usually works in stereotypes. The way this is going he is going to be giving his nut sack and getting acquainted with her brother after all. I hope he's hungry.

I haven't read the thread so this makes no sense to me!!! :laugh:

Standuble

I haven't read the thread so this makes no sense to me!!! :laugh:

Apologies. On one of the previous pages he said that if the girl wasn't an NFP he would give his left nut sack and suck her brother's nut sacks. The use of stereotyping doesn't bode well for him.

B

brainheart

Depends on whether it were a massive army out in the open or a stealthy Most Dangerous Game Nerf fight. I'd avoid the former but be all over the latter. One of my favorite things as a kid was playing gun fight with my bro.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on whether it were a massive army out in the open or a stealthy Most Dangerous Game Nerf fight. I'd avoid the former but be all over the latter. One of my favorite things as a kid was playing gun fight with my bro.

Well it doesn't depend for him. He'd be all about it.

Point being its a horrible way to type someone. :laugh:

B

brainheart

Well it doesn't depend for him. He'd be all about it.

Point being its a horrible way to type someone. :laugh:

Oh I don't know. I'm an INFP who is terrified of conflict and would do anything for harmony with the universe. Did I mention that I'm very feminine and shy?

B

brainheart

INFP's tend to be Type A while ENFP's tend to be type B. fyi.

People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics" who multi-task, push themselves with deadlines, and hate both delays and ambivalence.

Oh yeah, so totally me. :doh:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics" who multi-task, push themselves with deadlines, and hate both delays and ambivalence.

Yeah, I don't know where that comes from.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I don't know. I'm an INFP who is terrified of conflict and would do anything for harmony with the universe. Did I mention that I'm very feminine and shy?

Yeah you being a girl is really all that points too. I don't really wanna do a nerf gun fight. I'd do a water balloon fight tho. Stealthy or out in the open style

My bf is a giant kid and loves to play with nerf guns with the kids or football or basketball or tennis or tag or hit each other with pool noodles or whatever.

And about conflict really the infps will prefer to just drop stuff if they don't know you well rather than fight or argue etc and its right that they don't want to impose their views etc

But if made to choose infp or infj who'd be more willing to have conflict I'd choose infp. Even if its just them talking about what bothered them or what they think Is right.

An infj ime would act pissy or frustrated that someone didn't pick up on what they needed or wanted or were insensitive and they want you to acknowledge that and adjust your behavior without them having to say anything. And if you don't they'll jut stay pissed at you... Deep down forever almost haha

B

brainheart

Yeah you being a girl is really all that points too. I don't really wanna do a nerf gun fight. I'd do a water balloon fight tho. Stealthy or out in the open style

My bf is a giant kid and loves to play with nerf guns with the kids or football or basketball or tennis or tag or hit each other with pool noodles or whatever.

And about conflict really the infps will prefer to just drop stuff if they don't know you well rather than fight or argue etc and its right that they don't want to impose their views etc

But if made to choose infp or infj who'd be more willing to have conflict I'd choose infp. Even if its just them talking about what bothered them or what they think Is right.

An infj ime would act pissy or frustrated that someone didn't pick up on what they needed or wanted or were insensitive and they want you to acknowledge that and adjust your behavior without them having to say anything. And if you don't they'll jut stay pissed at you... Deep down forever almost haha

I was being sarcastic. Sorry for being too dry. I tend to do that sometimes. I was going along with the whole stereotype thing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Is that sarcasm? Please say that it is.

It's just so not true. I'd take way dj's typing card if I could at least when it comes to nfps that he so obviously doesn't understand.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh right god thank god haha

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DJ...you are so right brained....LMAO I can't keep up.

I don't see why an INFJ wouldn't flip out either....lol ?

Anyways [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]

I don't know if this is going to help And please be aware...this all just goes from my experience...

In the video Lady X posted...you see how goofy the one person seems and you see how held together the INFJ seems...?

You seem like you're hiding your goofy...that to me is INFJ.

INFJ hide themselves also becuase of Fe. They will sometimes even backpeddal...."where an INFP will say I see what you mean but... I disagree"...where an INFJ may even say "Oh, yea I shouldn't have said that your right, sorry."

Fe is way more apt to appologize then Fi. Fi holds to its values pretty much no matter what.

Your writing style...also seems INFJ...when DJ said something about sucking nuts...you just responded by dismissing it...

I would think an INFP would run away with it....

I would think Ne would say some pretty crazy stuff back to that....

I don't go to my INFP friends for emotional reasons cause they're gonna give me advice...(which it's not a bad thing...I just don't look for that when I'm emotional)

I go to an INFJ cause I feel like ...just for a moment...they step out of their shoes and into mine....they 100% everytime say the right thing at the right time.

I feel like an INFJ could talk someone out of suicide. (I don't know about INFP's with that one cause I haven't experienced them in that way)

Yes, I do hide my goofy. Only those close to me get to see it, though it's there. :)

I don't have trouble apologizing, in fact when I see that I'm wrong I need to tell the other party immediately and apologize. It's not really difficult for me though, because I tend to state my opinions with a "but I could obviously be wrong" or "of course, take that with a grain of salt" in the first place. I do feel shame when I'm wrong though, which is why I tend to want to be humble about it.

I do feel like I'm a pretty good listener about emotional things, and don't feel the need to jump in with advice or solve the issue. Strangely enough, I have walked alongside self injuring, suicide attempting teenagers-- though I more encouraged them over time (not in the moment of attempted suicide).

-------------
Other than that...

1) when I type someone I like to know what they would like to do with their life if they could wave a magic wand and knew they could fail.

Also if your just having trouble with the last letter

I know I have a J at the end....

I can't think if things are a mess... I love everything to be in its place....

Simple shit like crumbs being on a bed bother me....

If I could wave a magic wand and knew I could not fail...? That's such a hard question because there is so much.
I would probably learn a million things in a couple of minutes (metal smiting, wood working, tailoring, Gaelic, Hebrew, Greek, understanding of law and economics, etc.) zap financial need worldwide, live at a summer camp on a lake with people I love, travel, and create. Also, I'd make it impossible for people to be deceived or believe falsehood, everyone would have a built in, keen truth-radar.

I do like for things to be in their place but I also values aesthetics. I don't like sterile organization, and prefer a more natural semblance of order.

2) Do you like organization? (A person with a p will like it...strive for it but doens't usually care as much)

The other question is if you have a J at the end...then you have Ni first...

Ni asks What's the worst that could happen?

Also What if?

Everything is WHAT IF? to Ni.

3) Do you think that you're asking What if a lot of the time?

I don't really fret about negative possibilities, though I also don't do things that are ridiculously stupid. Perhaps I used to ask "what if?" more when I was younger? Now, as long as I'm not being foolhardy, I figure things will fall where they may. I do attribute some of that to my faith in God though.

I do ask myself "what if?" in the sense of seeing possibilities and using my creativity that way though! Like "What if I introduced this friend to that friend, I bet they'd get along!", Or "What if I did a painting from this perspective?" or "What if I took the scenic route home?". I absolutely do that.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I lean INFJ. You very directly answer the question, and the question only. INFPs go on tangents more- this question makes me think about this thing, and wait.. what was I talking about? Also, my Fi would end up making comments on the questions themselves- What do I think about fashion? What does this question have to do with anything? It's kind of a stupid question. So I'm going to talk about something else... Etc.

Thanks for your input! Haha, that's so funny (but makes deciding on type even more confusing). I said a bit earlier in this thread that this was my 5th video attempt, and that this last one was me being done with the process. In a couple of the earlier versions I actually did say (verbatim) that a question was stupid and skipped it, and had to re-direct myself. Even in this video I talked at the beginning about other stuff for 3 whole minutes, before I even started answering questions (getting to the point).

Le sigh, this is so complicated. :dry:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
DJ...you are so right brained....LMAO I can't keep up.

I don't see why an INFJ wouldn't flip out either....lol ?

Anyways [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]

I don't know if this is going to help And please be aware...this all just goes from my experience...

In the video Lady X posted...you see how goofy the one person seems and you see how held together the INFJ seems...?

You seem like you're hiding your goofy...that to me is INFJ.

INFJ hide themselves also becuase of Fe. They will sometimes even backpeddal...."where an INFP will say I see what you mean but... I disagree"...where an INFJ may even say "Oh, yea I shouldn't have said that your right, sorry."

Fe is way more apt to appologize then Fi. Fi holds to its values pretty much no matter what.

Your writing style...also seems INFJ...when DJ said something about sucking nuts...you just responded by dismissing it...

I would think an INFP would run away with it....

I would think Ne would say some pretty crazy stuff back to that....

I don't go to my INFP friends for emotional reasons cause they're gonna give me advice...(which it's not a bad thing...I just don't look for that when I'm emotional)

I go to an INFJ cause I feel like ...just for a moment...they step out of their shoes and into mine....they 100% everytime say the right thing at the right time.

I feel like an INFJ could talk someone out of suicide. (I don't know about INFP's with that one cause I haven't experienced them in that way)

-------------

Other than that...

1) when I type someone I like to know what they would like to do with their life if they could wave a magic wand and knew they could fail.

Also if your just having trouble with the last letter

I know I have a J at the end....

I can't think if things are a mess... I love everything to be in its place....

Simple shit like crumbs being on a bed bother me....

2) Do you like organization? (A person with a p will like it...strive for it but doens't usually care as much)

The other question is if you have a J at the end...then you have Ni first...

Ni asks What's the worst that could happen?

Also What if?

Everything is WHAT IF? to Ni.

3) Do you think that you're asking What if a lot of the time?

I already asked her about organization, and she said she likes everything in its place. Also, if you look in the background, you can tell her house is immaculate.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like Social-last INFPs can seem quite Je-ish in regards to conflict or asserting their needs, especially with an 8-fix. Many don't strike me as 'childish' or pushovers.

Expand on this?