• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What the heck, type me. (video)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think so... Infps prefer people to get along and would prefer not to have conflict but they will have it. Infjs will just avoid the person and never talk to them if they can help it or they will email or write a letter. Infps need to be upfront and honest. Infps are one of the most raw and emotionally honest people you'll ever meet. Infjs will cover it all up and pretend it doesn't exist just to avoid an uncomfortable conversation or they'll be totally passive aggressive and guilt trip the shit out if you until you just come apologize.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] [I've edited...thought of something to add]

Let me ask you some questions, which may help me decide.

Did you by chance write down what you were going to say before you said it?

How many times did you tape this?

How many times did you view it?

Did you wonder how it would come across to others?

Do you feel that you were being your natural self or stilted?

There are a couple of things that I noticed. On the one hand, you look up and twist your mouth a lot, like you are looking inside to think and this kind of appears as Ti, but with the random eye movements and the looking up, I also see that in a lot of people who use Ne. You don't do the engaging thing that I think INFJs do. By that I mean that you lack the warm inviting quality. I don't see much Fe. When Fe is invoked it lights up a person's whole face. It makes you feel like you want to sit and just talk to them for hours on end. I do see some Fi because you talk about remaining authentic an true to yourself and that you value most in others authenticity, which sounds very much like an INFP.

I'm not saying Fe isn't there but only that I don't see it in this video and then you talk about being socially crippled toward the end of the video. Fe is rarely socially crippled. Still, that's not to say that you are an INFP or that you are an INFJ. Presently, if I had to choose between the two, I'd lean toward nfp.

Hi Ene, thank you for taking a look and lending your thoughts!

I think this was my 5th attempt at making a video over a week. The only reason I re-made the first video at all is because of the issue in question-- it was pretty tense and awkward (I've only even Facetimed like one time) and I wanted the video to be as true to my normal self as possible. I actually thought the 4th one was fine, but I made the mistake of asking my ESFJ Mom her opinion of it and she said I seemed depressed (pretty much her normal reaction unless I'm beaming and smiling). It turned out to be a good thing though, because when I made this final video I was pretty done with the whole process and hardly thought about it. I think I watched this once through once before posting it. On a general basis I don't worry too much about how I come across to others, I think I buried that hatchet a long time ago. That said though, another thing my Mom pointed out was the pausing between thoughts tendancy (which I find annoying and wish I didn't do)-- I did think about that a bit before I posted. :shrug:

Regarding Fe: Yes, I'm definitely not usually called warm. On the contrary, I've actually been called cold, or hard especially in social settings.

I do engage with individuals in real life but not really in a warm way-- or I should say, I'm generally only warm to those I care about.

Again, thanks for your take! :)

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes exactly.

INFP function order is - Fi, Ne, Si, Te In this case, Fi is the dominant function and Ne is your auxiliary. The combination of those first two functions and their order determines your time. The two types that are Fi auxiliary are ENFP and ESFP. See this link.

Another question. Do one of these options resonate with you more than the other?

Option 3
“Future opportunities”
• Brainstorming multiple options
• Imagining possible connections
• Entertaining ideas

Option 4
“One’s vision”
• Knowing based on trusted insight
• Visualizing the essence
• Synthesizing the whole

And if you pick the one of all those 4 I mentioned, which one would be at the top? Which one would be second?

Hmm...I can somewhat relate to option 3, but only the first bullet point of option 4 makes any sense to me. I still think option 2 wins out.

INFJ
You look a bit like Benedict Cumberbatch (in a positive way :D)

That strikes me so funny because I can actually agree with you (though I never noticed it before)-- haha. :) Thanks!

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]

INFJ

This video you've done in the OP mostly just confirms you're an E4, for me.

That visceral response you are having is becuase E4.

It is also confusing because MANY E4's are INFP's, so they also will automatically have that visceral response to those same things you discussed.

I think INFJ because one of the things you have talked about is conflict.

INFJ's have Ti as a tertiary. You seem to use Ni and Ti to me.

INFP's probably don't like conflict at all cause Te is their 4th function.

Ti would be an INFJ's 3rd, but it's still way better at it than inferior Te.

(There's also a lot of theories about what order we use out functions...I beleive that we use our 1st and 3rd the most...and the way we grow is by using our auxillary.)

Thanks for taking a look, I've never doubted that I'm a 4 but I appreciate the affirmation! :) It really does get confusing when trying to determine if something is just my 4 nature or an attribute of my MBTI, hopefully I'll figure it out eventually. I'm very confused about this conflict issue though.

I don't think so... Infps prefer people to get along and would prefer not to have conflict but they will have it. Infjs will just avoid the person and never talk to them if they can help it or they will email or write a letter. Infps need to be upfront and honest. Infps are one of the most raw and emotionally honest people you'll ever meet. Infjs will cover it all up and pretend it doesn't exist just to avoid an uncomfortable conversation or they'll be totally passive aggressive and guilt trip the shit out if you until you just come apologize.

Eeep, I am not the bold. This conflict issue continues to be very confusing, and frustrating. :( I mean, you and [MENTION=64]int[/MENTION]ari Love both probably have a point, but I unfortunately don't have enough MBTI knowledge to see the right of it.

[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION], [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] what do you guys make of this conflict topic? Is INFJ or INFP more capable of cutting to the chase and entering into necessary conflict? I can see the point about INFP being more raw and direct, but William Wallace is INFJ right?!

Nicki

Retired
You vibe like an INFP. Though what are you like when you're stressed out?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's another short test, one that is not so easy to decipher types:

Group A
1. In school, I learn best in flexible situations where the teacher takes a personal interest in me.
2. I sometimes focus on my dreams so strongly that I don’t see others’ points of view.
3. I have a vision in mind of what I want and reality doesn’t always follow suit.
4. My leadership style is subtle, gentle, indirect, and inclusive of others.

Group B
1. I tend to become attracted to a special “someone,” and I prefer one deep relationship over many superficial ones.
2. My leadership style is quiet yet persistent as I make a determined effort toward long-range goals for myself, others, and the organization I work for.
3. I have an internal picture of how I would like my work to contribute to the general good
4. My leisure-time pursuits are either solitary or involve the company of others who are important to me.

Group C
1. When in love, I tend to cast aside all my future worries in order to focus on the relationship at hand.
2. I am the type to take a unique, personal, and humorous approach that can make even difficult situations less tense and more fun.
3. I prefer to decorate my work environment in order to make it a more pleasant place to be.
4. As a leader, I prefer to persuade others by tapping into their good intentions.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't think it's important to determine who conflicts MORE, but rather how these types approach conflict.

I've heard INFJ's on this forum say they don't like conflict, and are averse to it. But over time they have recognized that some conflict now, actually increases harmony in the long run. In my mind, this a very pragmatic Je stance on the issue of conflict. They recognize that conflict is unpleasant, but the right kind of conflict can get desirable results. Still, I imagine they approach the conflict in a very Fe fashion, to make things go as smoothly as possible.

(the INFP stuff beneath is all my own experience, so I'm not sure if this is just me)

Meanwhile, an INFP will almost always avoid conflict, unless it interferes with a core value. This is because we don't like to impose our vision on the environment. We want people to change their ways due to a shift in internal state, and we promote our values via modelling them, and living them out as best as we can.

If someone does something kinda inconsiderate, I'll let it go, since people have a right to express themselves as individuals. Who knows what kind of shit they have going on in their life, maybe I'd act that way too if I were in their position. That value, to me at least, trumps the need to always be polite and perfect.

However, if this person is consistently a dick, eventually I'll reach a point where I'll hulk out on inferior Te and be like: "THAT'S ENOUGH! No one has the right to behave like that all the time. You are making me feel (blank), please stop this behaviour." The problem is, a lot of my inferior function is speaking now, and I have a shitty handle of Te, and it makes my words come out a bit harsh and undiplomatic. And that person will usually give me this routine: :huh::shock::unsure: Wow! Where did THAT come from? Don't expect me to be mind reader, Jeremy. Jeez, to think I thought you were nice, blah, blah, blah.

Then the other person seems to think I should apologize to THEM. And while I do feel bad, I can't believe that they seem to think they were hit out of nowhere. I usually monitor other people's internal state pretty closely, so I'm surprised when I realize how little they pay attention to mine. What they don't understand is that by allowing something to happen once, I was not telling them that I think what they did is ALWAYS okay. That is a generalized Je way to look at things. I don't have a general set of interpersonal laws I always follow. I believe in giving people enough wiggle room for individual circumstances. Really, I let things go in good faith, assuming they'll correct it.

That being said, if I was smart and approached the situation in a Je way, I would communicate these feelings to people immediately, rather than 100 incidents later. However it's very uncomfortable and difficult for me to verbally articulate exactly what's happening internally in the moment. It's something I need to work on, to be sure.

I'm starting to lose myself in my brain, not sure if that makes sense. However, I hope this helped you decide whether you're INFP/INFJ.

For the record, you seem INFP to me, but it's difficult to tell based on what you said in the video.

S

Stansmith

I feel like Social-last INFPs can seem quite Je-ish in regards to conflict or asserting their needs, especially with an 8-fix. Many don't strike me as 'childish' or pushovers.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] Okay, thanks for your input! ENFJ is one I've never considered, mostly because the only letter I'm absolutely certain of is I. I'm very drained by social endeavors and usually am one of the first to leave them-- just so I can get home, breathe and recharge. I have read that INFJ's can seem to walk the line between extroversion and introversion though, so perhaps that's what you are seeing? Also take note that I made this video just in front of myself, so this is my demeanor within close friendships, or when I feel safe.
then infj it is :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm...I can somewhat relate to option 3, but only the first bullet point of option 4 makes any sense to me. I still think option 2 wins out.

So Fi resonates most strongly and Ne comes out second. That's INFP.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol. I post videos on youtube by myself all the time. Doesn't mean I'm an introvert.

I actually edited my post and said you were NFP. that much I am 100% sure of. If you are anything other than NFP I will give you my left nut and I will suck your brother's nut sack.

I think you are pretty good at typing. Why do you say NFP?

[MENTION=8936]highlander what do you guys make of this conflict topic? Is INFJ or INFP more capable of cutting to the chase and entering into necessary conflict? I can see the point about INFP being more raw and direct, but William Wallace is INFJ right?!

They both seem to avoid conflict. I see INFPs as generally being more direct when they have a strong opinion on things. INFJs seem to play out these scenarios on how the person will react to their emotional response and moderate it for the effect they want to have on the other person. The raw part I see with IXFPs is that they seem to become much more emotional at times when they are upset and can't talk. You can see there is an intense response going on there. It is a little like the ENFP's response (who wear it on their sleeves) but it is muffled.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think you are pretty good at typing. Why do you say NFP?

They both seem to avoid conflict. I see INFPs as generally being more direct when they have a strong opinion on things. INFJs seem to play out these scenarios on how the person will react to their emotional response and moderate it for the effect they want to have on the other person. The raw part I see with IXFPs is that they seem to become much more emotional at times when they are upset and can't talk. You can see there is an intense response going on there. It is a little like the ENFP's response (who wear it on their sleeves) but it is muffled.

she has zero Se Qi. When I look at her I feel like I'm looking at gold leaf. extremely fragile.

If I invited all my friends to have a nerf gun war in her house, she'd flip a shit.

Typical INFP.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
she has zero Se Qi. When I look at her I feel like I'm looking at gold leaf. extremely fragile.

If I invited all my friends to have a nerf gun war in her house, she'd flip a shit.

Typical INFP.

DJ...you are so right brained....LMAO I can't keep up.

I don't see why an INFJ wouldn't flip out either....lol ?

Anyways [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]

I don't know if this is going to help And please be aware...this all just goes from my experience...

In the video Lady X posted...you see how goofy the one person seems and you see how held together the INFJ seems...?

You seem like you're hiding your goofy...that to me is INFJ.

INFJ hide themselves also becuase of Fe. They will sometimes even backpeddal...."where an INFP will say I see what you mean but... I disagree"...where an INFJ may even say "Oh, yea I shouldn't have said that your right, sorry."

Fe is way more apt to appologize then Fi. Fi holds to its values pretty much no matter what.

Your writing style...also seems INFJ...when DJ said something about sucking nuts...you just responded by dismissing it...

I would think an INFP would run away with it....

I would think Ne would say some pretty crazy stuff back to that....

I don't go to my INFP friends for emotional reasons cause they're gonna give me advice...(which it's not a bad thing...I just don't look for that when I'm emotional)

I go to an INFJ cause I feel like ...just for a moment...they step out of their shoes and into mine....they 100% everytime say the right thing at the right time.

I feel like an INFJ could talk someone out of suicide. (I don't know about INFP's with that one cause I haven't experienced them in that way)

-------------

Other than that...

1) when I type someone I like to know what they would like to do with their life if they could wave a magic wand and knew they could fail.

Also if your just having trouble with the last letter

I know I have a J at the end....

I can't think if things are a mess... I love everything to be in its place....

Simple shit like crumbs being on a bed bother me....

2) Do you like organization? (A person with a p will like it...strive for it but doens't usually care as much)

The other question is if you have a J at the end...then you have Ni first...

Ni asks What's the worst that could happen?

Also What if?

Everything is WHAT IF? to Ni.

3) Do you think that you're asking What if a lot of the time?

B

brainheart

I lean INFJ. You very directly answer the question, and the question only. INFPs go on tangents more- this question makes me think about this thing, and wait.. what was I talking about? Also, my Fi would end up making comments on the questions themselves- What do I think about fashion? What does this question have to do with anything? It's kind of a stupid question. So I'm going to talk about something else... Etc.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I lean INFJ. You very directly answer the question, and the question only. INFPs go on tangents more- this question makes me think about this thing, and wait.. what was I talking about? Also, my Fi would end up making comments on the questions themselves- What do I think about fashion? What does this question have to do with anything? It's kind of a stupid question. So I'm going to talk about something else... Etc.

I agree. However, I posted a short test and nobody seems to care one whit about it.

B

brainheart

I agree. However, I posted a short test and nobody seems to care one whit about it.

In the thread? I didn't read the thread, just watched five minutes of the video (I have no patience for longer than that.) Show me the short test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the thread? I didn't read the thread, just watched five minutes of the video (I have no patience for longer than that.) Show me the short test.

I don't know about you, but I had a strong feeling about her type within the first 5 seconds of the video (and then my old computer had to be rebooted). Thanks for showing interest in my test, here it is:

(As with any test I make, every part of each question is important, for example: 4. My leadership style is subtle, gentle, indirect, and inclusive of others - emphasis on the AND. So it would best be read as - My leadership style is subtle AND gentle AND indirect AND inclusive of others.)

Group A
1. In school, I learn best in flexible situations where the teacher takes a personal interest in me.
2. I sometimes focus on my dreams so strongly that I don’t see others’ points of view.
3. I have a vision in mind of what I want and reality doesn’t always follow suit.

Group B
1. I tend to become attracted to a special “someone,” and I prefer one deep relationship over many superficial ones.
2. My leadership style is quiet yet persistent as I make a determined effort toward long-range goals for myself, others, and the organization I work for.
3. I have an internal picture of how I would like my work to contribute to the general good
4. My leisure-time pursuits are either solitary or involve the company of others who are important to me.

Group C
1. When in love, I tend to cast aside all my future worries in order to focus on the relationship at hand.
2. I am the type to take a unique, personal, and humorous approach that can make even difficult situations less tense and more fun.
3. I prefer to decorate my work environment in order to make it a more pleasant place to be.
4. As a leader, I prefer to persuade others by tapping into their good intentions.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
@highlander, @Ene, @OrangeAppled what do you guys make of this conflict topic? Is INFJ or INFP more capable of cutting to the chase and entering into necessary conflict? I can see the point about INFP being more raw and direct, but William Wallace is INFJ right?!

First, I think it's more important to ask WHY either would enter into a conflict?

What motivated Joan of Arc and William Wallace [Ni/Fe users]? Two things, they were both Fe users and they both reverted to their Se under stress. So what does a combo of Ni/Fe do? It surveys the emotional climate and knows instinctively the right way to proceed with those around it. It considers others' feelings, often before it considers its own when responding to them. When Ni/Fe enters a room or a situation, it says something like, "Who can I connect with here? What can we learn from each other?" In a conflict, Ni/Fe first tries to be objective, to see the big picture and to take into consideration everyone involved. In the case of INFJ warriors it usually boils down to the fact that there is some grossly inhumane treatment of others who lack the power or knowledge to defend themselves, i.e, the poor Frenchmen in Joan's village, the Scotts who had been bullied for years by the English [hence, INFJs are called the protectors].

Now what motivates Fi/Ne to conflict action? I have a good INFP friend in real life. I've never seen her actually engage in any kind of conflict. As a child, I actually tackled a boy twice my size, a big bully. The other boys had to pull me off him. She would NEVER have done that. She would have probably written letters to the teachers complaining about the bully or maybe she would have mumbled something derogatory every time someone mentioned his name.

Recently, she was distraught over an article she read promoting the destruction of all cats. She was so upset that she wrote long, rambling letters to her senators and congressmen. She is NOT likely to engage in physical conflict. She seeks authenticity in the people she forms relationships with. Therefore, she can literally count her close friends on one hand. She is socially awkward, but she has a quiet cuteness about her.

I found the following post on Personality Café and it links to a website: I thought it was pretty interesting and may be helpful in helping you to decide:) I'm sorry that it's lengthy, but sometimes it's necessary to be lengthy in order to present a viable set of criteria. I hope that there will be something in here, or in something some of us have said that will help you reach a decision on your preferred type.

BORROWED FROM PERSONALITY CAFE

When Fe is preferred:

•You give attention to creating and maintaining harmonious relationships, often using social convention to keep harmony, to make people feel comfortable and included, and to keep the group intact.
•Often you are at ease with social conversations and knowing just the right words to say to someone.
•You easily disclose personal details to encourage others to express themselves.
•You place importance on making space for the expression of feelings -- positive and negative.
•You organize time, space, and thing in relation to the effects on people.
•You often feel pulled to take care of everyone or even whole groups, either physically or emotionally. Meeting the needs of others is energizing until your own needs are ignored for too long.

******this is my own opinion***Hence: INFJs walk a line between introversion and extroversion. The are often popular and are at ease interacting with others. They will often/sometimescome across as extroverted and friendly, with just a hint of timidity. They may SEEM non-confrontational, and usually are. However, if push comes to shove, and they believe that some helpless group or person is being "hurt" by someone more powerful, they will show backbones of steal and sometimes, fists of iron.

When Fi is a preferred process...
•Often you have a gut feeling about whether personal, group, or organizational behavior is congruent with values.
•You often check behavior for authenticity and against beliefs to maintain inner harmony. When that harmony exists, there is a sense of peace.
•When you feel strongly, you point out contradictions and incongruities.
•Fundamental truths are often the basis for your actions, and standing up for these truths is energizing and compelling.
•Often, you do not put your values and beliefs upon others or share them publicly until they are violated. These values can be highly specific to the individual or universals such as freedom, loyalty, and goodness.
•You tend to see everything as having a value (or worth), and view things in constant relation to one another.

The N functions

INFJs prefer Ni. They use it in the inner world, and it manifests through their dominant process. They use it in a "heroic" fashion -- It's how they "save the day."
INFPs prefer Ne. They use it in the outer world, and it manifests through their auxiliary process. They use it as a "good parent" would -- helping others by exploring a multitude of possible outcomes, options, and potentials for people. They enjoy looking for patterns and themes associated with how people live life, often using their imaginations to explore fictional worlds.

When Ni is a preferred process...
•You usually feel a certainty about what is going to happen, often without much detail and without being able to trace the actual data that would support the prediction.
•You focus on "what will be."
•You are energized by transformational visions of how someone can grow or of a completely original approach to get there.
•You are drawn to make those visions manifest.
•Frequently you experience flashes of insight that present themselves as very broad themes and complex whole patterns or systems of thought without being triggered by external events.
•Inner images come as a knowing that taps into universal symbols and with a certainty that they are true.

When Ne is a preferred process...

•Much reading "between the lines" occurs.
•Potential possibilities and meanings are "revealed" and must be explored.
•You feel fully engaged in emerging new approaches to doing things and are energized by discovering other perspectives in an ever-shifting succession of ideas or insights triggered by the particular situation, much like brainstorming.
•You frequently experience a flight of ideas that brings relevant pieces of information from one context into another.
•"What is" is not seen for what it is but for its relationship to other things.
•Everything is perceived in a context of a web of relationships. Nothing stands alone or is disconnected.

Tertiary functioning

INFJ Tertiary
Introverted Thinking (Ti)
•Clarifying principles
•Categorizing and classifying
•Analyzing
•Checking consistency
•Universal

"This is why . . ."
"It does . . ."

INFJs are drawn to categorizing. They display a knack for systematizing and can do it quickly. They typically define terms, or ask others to define theirs.

INFP Tertiary
Introverted Sensing (Si)
•Reviewing
•Linking
•Comparing and contrasting
•Noticing match and mismatch
•Past

"This is how it has always been."
"This reminds me of . . ."
INFPs are often well rooted in the past, with a good memory of things that have happened historically, and are attracted to "collecting" facts.

The inferior function
A typical aspect of the inferior function, which is also connected with its unadaptedness and primitiveness, is its touchiness and tyranny. Most people, when their inferior function is in any way touched upon, become terribly childish: they can't stand the slightest criticism and always feel attacked. Here they are uncertain of themselves; with that, naturally, they tyrannize everybody around them because everybody has to walk carefully. If you want to say something about another person's inferior function, it is like walking on eggs; people cannot stand any criticism there. A rite d'entrée is required. One must wait for the right moment, for a peaceful atmosphere, and then carefully, with a long introductory speech, one might get across some slight criticism about the inferior function.
Let's start the investigation by looking at which cognitive processes show up in the inferior position in both codes. For the INFJ, extraverted Sensing shows up as the inferiority complex, and for the INFP, extraverted Thinking shows up as the inferiority complex.

INFJs
Written by an INFJ:
And here's the crazy thing: whenever I would go out on acting auditions or do things where people were studying my looks, I wanted to die. I was soooooo self-conscious! I always felt like "I'm not pretty enough," "I'm not good enough." "They're noticing how ugly I am." I wanted to crawl under the chair and hide. Particularly for auditions when they videotaped me, I was always self-consciously thinking the camera picked up every wrinkle, my teeth were dingy, there were acne scars on my face, my hair was drab. I couldn't turn off this internal critic that would pick pick pick at me and tell me how unattractive I was! And of course this critic KNEW everybody else who was auditioning looked prettier, better dressed, more charming, more attractive. And I would do myself in time and time again in these situations. I always felt like I made a fool of myself by entering a Junior Miss Pageant in high school; I was a target for scorn when I tried out for the modeling squad in college.
It's a funny disparity - on the one hand I typically receive more than my share of compliments from people when I step out in public (the showoff Ta Da Child!), and yet I have a dreadful inferiority complex about my looks. My internal critic tells me I'm a hideous hag, and I'm always trying to compensate. And yet I am perpetually attracted to acting/auditioning, modeling, showing-off! It's danged if I do, and danged if I don't. Naturally, I don't take the easy way out by just avoiding those situations - no, I am attracted to them like a moth to the proverbial flame.

Now I need to emphasize here that my inferiority complex showed up around my appearance, but it also shows up around my accomplishments. It's about wanting to impress people. Other INFJs may experience their inferior in different ways related to their extraverted Sensing. Some INFJs express their Se through art, decorating, dancing, writing, or music, to name a few - so don't assume every INFJ is going to express their inferiority complex through what they wear. It often does have something to do with appearances, however - looking good or showing off!

INFPs

Often INFPs enjoy planning, organizing, or arranging things -- one of my clients loves putting together jigsaw puzzles! Another will analyze weight charts and use a bathroom scale regularly to achieve her optimal weight. And this is where the inferiority complex around Te will show up. INFPs sometimes become really upset when they don't organize things as efficiently as they would like to. Perhaps they think through the steps needed to accomplish something, and then don't follow through.
In fact, Dr. Berens says that perhaps it is this aspirational use of Te that causes many INFPs to believe they have preferences for "J" rather than "P."
So, INFPs think they're organized when they actually aren't that much.
Written by an INFP:
But then I reflected on my inferior Te. One thing it may mean is that I tend to be sensitive about being called wrong. Because as a matter of fact, I often am wrong. I make mistakes, and I can be downright illogical. But because I know that, and because I'm sensitive about it, I try especially hard to *avoid* making mistakes of that kind. And when someone points out one of my mistakes, I freeze and get apologetic or defensive. I'm also timid about doing anything that might involve Te. Playing a game like chess, for instance.
Written by a friend of an INFP:
I can laugh now that I understand why I'm that way and be thankful that a wonderful friend of mine says, "It's not clutter or disorganization, it's lots of 'you' all over the place - it's you! Besides you can always find whatever you want, I've never seen you really lose anything."

Self-disclosure
If you're comfortable divulging personal information about yourself (particularly to strangers), you're more likely INFJ. You may not even classify much information about yourself as being "personal" --depending on the situation, everything is fair game. If, instead, you're inclined to be private and generally tight-lipped about yourself and your personal life, you're more likely INFP.
Here are the sorts of things that are topics of self-disclosure:
•your beliefs about the world, yourself, and others
•your values (what is important or not, what you like or don't, etc.)
•your emotional responses to events or to others
•your goals
This tendency to self-disclose or not shows up readily on many homepage websites. INFJs tend to self-disclose. INFPs like it when others self-disclose, but they usually aren't in a rush to do it themselves. To confound matters further, INFJs self-disclose more than they imagine they do, and INFPs self-disclose less than they realize.

The Time Machine
Stand up and visualize time as a continuum flowing from future to past. Spatially indicate with your hands where the future, present, and past are, respectively, in relation to yourself. Try to actually FEEL where they are around you by touching them with your hands. After you have done so (for real! --not just in your head!), read this here below...
This is far from foolproof but kinda creepy when it works.
NJs tend to indicate the future in front of them, the present right where they are standing, and the past right behind them.
NPs tend to indicate the future off to the right, the past off to the left, and the present a few feet in front of them.
When questioned, NPs generally say that they observe time flow past them, whereas NJs generally say they are right in the middle of the flow.
Annoyances
INFJs will be annoyed by:
•moralizing
•generating options aloud
•stalling on decision-making
INFPs will be annoyed by:
•too much social convention
•not getting to explore option
•people who seem "judgmental"
Stress
When the INFP is in a stressful situation, their initial reaction is to "freeze." How they do this is by "adapting" to the situation, usually accommodating others until they can adjust and be effective. They will let the situation play out and just go with what's happening. To others, it may look as though they are doing *nothing*. After they adjust to the situation, they will "flow." When there is conflict, the emotion they tend to express is "sad."
When the INFJ is in a stressful situation, their initial reaction is "flight." How they do this is by "distancing" themselves from the situation, usually separating from the problem while buying time. They need to step back and consider what's going on. They tend to move away from what isn't liked, and sometimes even *stay* away from that. To others, it may look as if they are detached or are fleeing from the problem. But after they adjust to the situation, they will "face" the problem with a solution in hand. When there is conflict, the emotion they tend to express is "afraid."
Time Management
INFJ
People with this style tend to be effective at laying out a plan with key milestones. Their natural tendency to track progress helps them know where they are in the accomplishment of a goal or task. They can be a positive influence on others as they help them schedule, plan, and set goals.
The challenge for people with this style is in estimating the time a project will take. They may forget to include time in the plan for interruptions and other people's needs for using time differently. They also sometimes can get bogged down in details or may disregard certain details altogether if they don't fit with their picture of the end result.
INFP
People with this style often recognize that people are important in work or projects and factor that in when planning and managing their time. They tend to respond favorably to others' needs and requests and take the time needed to listen to others' input. Their ability to work with the ongoing process (formal or informal) and their talent for reconciling input helps achieve a quality result.
People with this style are challenged when they don't have enough time to do all they want to do. Responding to others' needs and requests may not leave enough time to complete their own work to their satisfaction or to meet their own needs. Trying to get all the information possible can take more time than is available for the task.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about you, but I had a strong feeling about her type within the first 5 seconds of the video (and then my old computer had to be rebooted). Thanks for showing interest in my test, here it is:

(As with any test I make, every part of each question is important, for example: 4. My leadership style is subtle, gentle, indirect, and inclusive of others - emphasis on the AND. So it would best be read as - My leadership style is subtle AND gentle AND indirect AND inclusive of others.)

Group A

Group B

Group C
I wanna do this test. Do you pick the most accurate number from each of these?

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You vibe like an INFP. Though what are you like when you're stressed out?

I don't really get anxious, so it usually takes a lot of stress to get to me-- I've been told I have a calm, anchored presence.

This is the only stress example I can think of: I used to work admin in a really unhealthy business environment, that was understaffed and the employer brushed lot under the rug. On a normal day, I was under a pretty ridiculous amount of stress with far too much work for one person. If any of the other (also stressed) employees talked down to me, or told me to do x thing, I would respond very curtly. "No, I cannot do that because I obviously have 8,000 other things that I am presently working on!" Usually I'd apologize for my tone a few minutes later, but still maintain that I could not accommodate their request.

I suppose I struggle much more with frustration/annoyance than with stress. I'm not sure if this answers your question or not?

Here's another short test, one that is not so easy to decipher types:

Group A

Group B

Group C

Hey Mal+, thanks! Hmm...I don't know that I relate totally to any of the groups but:

Group A
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. I've experienced this to some extent.
4. Eh, subtle and inclusive of others, but I also tend to provide challenge.

Group B
1. Yes, though not just one deep relationship-- that's co-dependent in my mind. I prefer a handful of deep relationships over many (or any) superficial ones.
2. Somewhat, though my long term goals are more like ideas that can change a bit with time and new info. I don't create goals for others, that's their job.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Group C
1. I tend to be present focused as is.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. Not really.