• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What the heck, type me. (video)

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure. Which do you relate to more - option 1 or option 2?

Option 1
“Harmonious relationships”
• Affirming others
• Enabling affiliation
• Attuning to the group mood

Option 2
“Utter importance”
• Discerning and discriminating
• Assessing the emotional risk involved
• Evaluating the worth of items, ideas and people

This is ridiculously easy, no contest. Option 2 is more me, which I'm assuming in INFP.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is ridiculously easy, no contest. Option 2 is more me, which I'm assuming in INFP.

Yes - that's INFP (Fi actually) though by that question, you could just as easily be ISFP or Fi aux as well.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] What does Fi aux mean (excuse my ignorance)-- would that make me INFJ or INFP? I've looked into ISFP before, but I'll revisit it.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION]

Thoughts?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] What does Fi aux mean (excuse my ignorance)-- would that make me INFJ or INFP? I've looked into ISFP before, but I'll revisit it.
That would make you INFP...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your avi is infjish

you meander a bit like an infp

you seem more serious than infps typically come across...tho they can in certain situations

you don't seem to know what you're saying before you say it like most infjs typically do

you have what appears to be ne eye movement

you don't mind confrontation which is unlike infj

etc etc

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
question it's a sat afternoon...you had some things you wanted to do

someone calls and wants to suddenly change those plans and do something else.

are you up for anything??

or a lil frustrated/upset that your plans are being screwed with??

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That would make you INFP...
Wait, I thought INFP was Fi Dominant (not aux)...?
your avi is infjish

you seem more serious than infps typically come across...tho they can in certain situations

you don't seem to know what you're saying before you say it like most infjs typically do

etc etc

Le sigh. :shrug:

question it's a sat afternoon...you had some things you wanted to do

someone calls and wants to suddenly change those plans and do something else.

are you up for anything??

or a lil frustrated/upset that your plans are being screwed with??

It depends on what I had planned.
* If I had scheduled plans with another person, I would ask the person who called if we could do it after my plans.
* If I had just planned on errands, reading, walking the dog, etc. I'd totally roll with it.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Yes, I've reached this point-- of frustration really (so that may come through in the video). I would really like some input on what MBTI type I come across as. From the reading I've done, I feel that I am either INFP or INFJ, but am open to other suggestions too. Yes, yes, I know I should read and understand the functions. Quite frankly, I have to some extent and though I've narrowed it down, still cannot say which are higher priority for me. Perhaps it's because I haven't devoted enough time to it, or perhaps because many of the functions seem similar to me? I do hope to understand the functions one of these days, but for the time being thought I'd go this route.

Observations and questions welcome!

nfp

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thanks for chiming in! I'm not sure if I mentioned this in the video, but I actually can relate to Fi (I think?) or at least potentially more than to Fe. Being very aware of how others make me feel, basing judgments on my own ideals, and I tend to be able to tell truth even if its going to hurt someone's feelings (though I try to be as gentle about it as I can). That said, I think I am a bit softer hearted than I realize or would like to admit.

I don't think any of those things contradict Fe. The INFJ I know best is more outspoken about his personal ideals and blunt in difficult situations than I am.

I asked [MENTION=6275]the state i am in[/MENTION] a while ago what (s)he thought about Fe and Fi when I was stuck at INFx, too, and it's one of the most insightful comparisons I've come across:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Thanks for your input, but I don't believe I'm an extrovert at all. I is really the only letter I am certain of. Also, please take into account that this video is not of me in a room full of people, it's me (only me) in a place I feel secure and able to express myself unhindered.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Thanks for your input, but I don't believe I'm an extrovert at all. I is really the only letter I am certain of. Also, please take into account that this video is not of me in a room full of people, it's me (only me) in a place I feel secure and able to express myself unhindered.

lol. I post videos on youtube by myself all the time. Doesn't mean I'm an introvert.

I actually edited my post and said you were NFP. that much I am 100% sure of. If you are anything other than NFP I will give you my left nut and I will suck your brother's nut sack.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think any of those things contradict Fe. The INFJ I know best is more outspoken about his personal ideals and blunt in difficult situations than I am.

I asked [MENTION=6275]the state i am in[/MENTION] a while ago what (s)he thought about Fe and Fi when I was stuck at INFx, too, and it's one of the most insightful comparisons I've come across:

Thanks a lot for this! It's a bit too late a night for me to take it all in, but I can definitely relate to these parts:

"P processing is more about rawness, what things are as they are, being aware of the information in a less filtered form."

"Fi focuses on the story of the experiencer as the center in which value can be discerned in relation to oneself as one truly is in that moment of the thing that continues until it doesn't any more."

"Fi types are more open to trying things and waiting to realize who they've become."

So perhaps I am INFP then...?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
INFP's tend to be Type A while ENFP's tend to be type B. fyi.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol. I post videos on youtube by myself all the time. Doesn't mean I'm an introvert.

I actually edited my post and said you were NFP. that much I am 100% sure of. If you are anything other than NFP I will give you my left nut and I will suck your brother's nut sack.

While that last part isn't necessary (I just appreciate the input), what I meant by the alone while filming/introvert thing is this: As an introvert it's much easier for me to express myself openly with close friends, or alone than it is to express myself openly in public or in a social setting. So, while I may seem more outgoing in the video it's because I'm in a place I feel safe. If I tried to express the same to all of your forum-y people in person, I'd struggle more and my introverted-awkward-ness would be much more apparent.

Thanks for your input again, many others have said INFP too-- and I am starting to lean that way.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
While that last part isn't necessary (I just appreciate the input), what I meant by the alone while filming/introvert thing is this: As an introvert it's much easier for me to express myself openly with close friends, or alone than it is to express myself openly in public or in a social setting. So, while I may seem more outgoing in the video it's because I'm in a place I feel safe. If I tried to express the same to all of your forum-y people in person, I'd struggle more and my introverted-awkward-ness would be much more apparent.

Thanks for your input again, many others have said INFP too-- and I am starting to lean that way.

ok. well just a reminder, enfp is defined as NeFi, as in Fi is your second used function, whereas in INFP's Ne is the second most used function. Its important to type yourself based on your functional makeup, not the number of friends you have or how comfortable you talk to strangers. If I went by just the letters, I'd still be an INTP. I'm scared of humans. why? because they hurt me. Therefore I never talk to them because I hate them. Introversion? no. I am Se dominant because I percieve objective sensory data. As an ENFP, you would constantly be aware and scanning your environment for implications. as an INFP, you'd most primarily be organizing your internal thoughts and ethical construct as opposed to looking around and watching people.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hi, [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] [I've edited...thought of something to add]

Let me ask you some questions, which may help me decide.

Did you by chance write down what you were going to say before you said it?

How many times did you tape this?

How many times did you view it?

Did you wonder how it would come across to others?

Do you feel that you were being your natural self or stilted?

There are a couple of things that I noticed. On the one hand, you look up and twist your mouth a lot, like you are looking inside to think and this kind of appears as Ti, but with the random eye movements and the looking up, I also see that in a lot of people who use Ne. You don't do the engaging thing that I think INFJs do. By that I mean that you lack the warm inviting quality. I don't see much Fe. When Fe is invoked it lights up a person's whole face. It makes you feel like you want to sit and just talk to them for hours on end. I do see some Fi because you talk about remaining authentic an true to yourself and that you value most in others authenticity, which sounds very much like an INFP.

I'm not saying Fe isn't there but only that I don't see it in this video and then you talk about being socially crippled toward the end of the video. Fe is rarely socially crippled. Still, that's not to say that you are an INFP or that you are an INFJ. Presently, if I had to choose between the two, I'd lean toward nfp.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your avi is infjish

etc etc

Yes exactly.

INFP function order is - Fi, Ne, Si, Te In this case, Fi is the dominant function and Ne is your auxiliary. The combination of those first two functions and their order determines your type. The two types that are Fi auxiliary are ENFP and ESFP. See this link.

Another question. Do one of these options resonate with you more than the other?

Option 3
“Future opportunities”
• Brainstorming multiple options
• Imagining possible connections
• Entertaining ideas

Option 4
“One’s vision”
• Knowing based on trusted insight
• Visualizing the essence
• Synthesizing the whole

And if you pick the one of all those 4 I mentioned, which one would be at the top? Which one would be second?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
INFJ
You look a bit like Benedict Cumberbatch (in a positive way :D)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]

INFJ

This video you've done in the OP mostly just confirms you're an E4, for me.

That visceral response you are having is becuase E4.

It is also confusing because MANY E4's are INFP's, so they also will automatically have that visceral response to those same things you discussed.

I think INFJ because one of the things you have talked about is conflict.

INFJ's have Ti as a tertiary. You seem to use Ni and Ti to me.

INFP's probably don't like conflict at all cause Te is their 4th function.

Ti would be an INFJ's 3rd, but it's still way better at it than inferior Te.

(There's also a lot of theories about what order we use out functions...I beleive that we use our 1st and 3rd the most...and the way we grow is by using our auxillary.)