• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give me attention

What do you think?

• Total voters

Starry

I'm probably so/sx though I might be so/sp. Could you go into greater detail? Marilyn always seemed phobic to me. From what I know of her, she always ran away from her fear and was very dependent on others.

My guess would be so/sp...but like I've said to you privately...despite your intellectual/social maturity... your age does prevent me from feeling confident in what I say especially as it concerns the variants. But the way I would explain it is...I think you are most likely a little ENTJ and thus have the 'In Charge' interaction style. <-I imagine it is the interaction style that is giving you and (perhaps) others this sense of having sx in the aux position but again... don't even listen to me here.

As for Monroe and counterphobia... Well first, by guessing you are 6w5 so/sp....I am 'simultaneously guessing' that you are not counterphobic. However, because there is a spectrum I'm not 'guessing' at this point you are phobic either. I see you as having a very alert & awake eye on the '6w5 game'...and as someone that wouldn't hesitate to speak-out against the kinds of injustices the 6w5s (primarily the counterphobics) are known to defend.

^^6w7s are very different to me. And from what you said about Marilyn Monroe's behavior in the quote above...I'm immediately wondering if you are mistakenly applying the 6w5s brand of counterphobia onto the 6w7. Which appears to be a common thing to do as I often hear people talking about their supposed counterphobic 6w7 friends and co-workers and relatives...that are forceful/dominant/relentless/etc. <-Those are mistypes as far as I'm concerned...or what is being described is just your average forceful/dominant/relentless behavior that all humans express from time to time. All counterphobics can demonstrate volatility...but while the 6w5 cp's response to the early breach in trust is to become fighters/defenders...the 6w7 cp's response to that same breach is to become charmers/manipulators (this is why most actors, etc. are 6w7.) And fwiw, you can see these same m.o.s at work in the phobics as well but there will be a lot of second-guessing surrounding it all, starts and stops, repression and passive-aggression (as a counterphobe myself as well as so-last...it's the phobics that make me anxious seeing as they control the planet and make me buy colored napkins & liters of pop for 'celebrations' in the workplace :( )

Dependency is an e6 issue. 6w5s will strive for self-containment while 6w5 cps will depend on no one (speaking in generalities). The 6w7 will strive to be as pleasing as humanly possible an effort to avoid abandonment...while the 6w7 cps will seduce... people into what they hope will become a form of dependence on them (subsequently also avoiding abandonment.) <-when this is working fearlessness is achieved. When it's not working...that's when I imagine those behaviors you list above were presenting themselves.

Nicki

Retired
My guess would be so/sp...but like I've said to you privately...despite your intellectual/social maturity... your age does prevent me from feeling confident in what I say especially as it concerns the variants. But the way I would explain it is...I think you are most likely a little ENTJ and thus have the 'In Charge' interaction style. <-I imagine it is the interaction style that is giving you and (perhaps) others this sense of having sx in the aux position but again... don't even listen to me here.

As for Monroe and counterphobia... Well first, by guessing you are 6w5 so/sp....I am 'simultaneously guessing' that you are not counterphobic. However, because there is a spectrum I'm not 'guessing' at this point you are phobic either. I see you as having a very alert & awake eye on the '6w5 game'...and as someone that wouldn't hesitate to speak-out against the kinds of injustices the 6w5s (primarily the counterphobics) are known to defend.

^^6w7s are very different to me. And from what you said about Marilyn Monroe's behavior in the quote above...I'm immediately wondering if you are mistakenly applying the 6w5s brand of counterphobia onto the 6w7. Which appears to be a common thing to do as I often hear people talking about their supposed counterphobic 6w7 friends and co-workers and relatives...that are forceful/dominant/relentless/etc. <-Those are mistypes as far as I'm concerned...or what is being described is just your average forceful/dominant/relentless behavior that all humans express from time to time. All counterphobics can demonstrate volatility...but while the 6w5 cp's response to the early breach in trust is to become fighters/defenders...the 6w7 cp's response to that same breach is to become charmers/manipulators (this is why most actors, etc. are 6w7.) And fwiw, you can see these same m.o.s at work in the phobics as well but there will be a lot of second-guessing surrounding it all, starts and stops, repression and passive-aggression (as a counterphobe myself as well as so-last...it's the phobics that make me anxious seeing as they control the planet and make me buy colored napkins & liters of pop for 'celebrations' in the workplace :( )

Dependency is an e6 issue. 6w5s will strive for self-containment while 6w5 cps will depend on no one (speaking in generalities). The 6w7 will strive to be as pleasing as humanly possible an effort to avoid abandonment...while the 6w7 cps will seduce... people into what they hope will become a form of dependence on them (subsequently also avoiding abandonment.) <-when this is working fearlessness is achieved. When it's not working...that's when I imagine those behaviors you list above were presenting themselves.

Why sx last? Yeah I think ENTJ might be more likely than ESFJ in MBTI-Jung too. Some weird Fe-ish ENTJ.

How do you tell 6 counterphobia from plain volatility? This is some fascinating stuff lol, I'm curious. 6s are really misunderstood. Haha.

Hmm wouldn't those be sx firsts? The seducers? Most cp 6w7s seem to be either sx/so or sx/sp. Interesting.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=15963]Devi[/MENTION]

I have no idea who you are. You have no idea who I am. Nothing in the world matters. Not Jesus. Not Society. Not even the Universe. But this.... this is the definition of what it means to be alive.

Interpretation: ....there is no interpretation. I don't even know what I am saying anymore. I am trying to say that I love what you did here. And I love myself for giving myself the opportunity to experience what you did here.

edit:: I say this all reply to your endless thing of spoilers xD (I just forgot to quote it all).

Starry

Why sx last? Yeah I think ENTJ might be more likely than ESFJ in MBTI-Jung too. Some weird Fe-ish ENTJ.

Well, like I said so/sp is merely my best guess based on some of our more in-depth conversations and certainly nothing I feel strongly about...or would allow myself to feel strongly about at this time. sx-doms will often communicate in multiple layers and connections...so their message, however short or long-winded, is often an experience in and of itself and will most likely have more than one meaning. sx-aux will generally pack their messages with a good deal of personal/additional details and information...and while you may not have the "what the hell do you mean?" feeling like you may with some sx-doms...you may come to believe they just *love to hear the sound of their own voice speak about their own stuff.* sx-last people communicate practically and are just so funny to me with their 'one-liners.' <-So there...one reason I guessed so/sp. But at age...what? how old are you again 8, 9? ha. Things could change and its difficult to know. When I was your age I imagine someone would have typed me as so/sx...and while I won't go into all the boring but highly scientific haha reasons for why I believe this would have occurred...it would have been entirely wrong (almost an opposite of sorts.)

After having talked to you a little more... I do feel more confident with ENTJ in spite of your age...And while it was your history and focus that had me deciding on e6... e6 would explain why you may appear to sit in between types as so many e6s are approaching balance along the function lines. Still, I would be very interested in what people are seeing in you that indicates the presence of Pe or Fe.

How do you tell 6 counterphobia from plain volatility? This is some fascinating stuff lol, I'm curious. 6s are really misunderstood. Haha.

Well, I grew-up with e6 counterphobia (vintage: 6w5) and yet didn't understand what it was...that there was actually a name for it until I arrived here. And so originally I was recognizing it by its higher frequency/vibration alone. <-And to this day it's difficult for me to explain it otherwise. It's intensity in high-definition. Is the person pissy and arguing a point? Or did the person suddenly become a Crusader before your eyes...holding an actual sword and with armor and stuff...and is proceeding to right some wrong while behind him/her stands every single underdog and victim ever harmed under the conditions of your offense that you most likely can't determine...

6w7s...regardless of counterphobia and/or instinctual variants... are often emotionally volatile whether they demonstrate this outwardly/externally or merely fall apart in private. Which brings me to...

Hmm wouldn't those be sx firsts? The seducers? Most cp 6w7s seem to be either sx/so or sx/sp. Interesting.

^^Yes exactly. All the 6w7 Seducers are counterphobes...and will be stacked either sx/so or sx/sp. What I wanted to say though is because all 6w7s may be slightly inclined towards emotional volatility...whatever volatility is seen in the 6w7 cp could merely be attributed to the fact that sx-doms in general don't routinely try and curb emotional responses. <-hell maybe they are even incorporating the volatility into the seduction...who knows? In the case of Monroe though...I get the sense her volatility stemmed from a highly unhealthy state that her lifestyle insured would never get properly addressed.

Nicki

Retired
[MENTION=15963]Devi[/MENTION]

I have no idea who you are. You have no idea who I am. Nothing in the world matters. Not Jesus. Not Society. Not even the Universe. But this.... this is the definition of what it means to be alive.

Interpretation: ....there is no interpretation. I don't even know what I am saying anymore. I am trying to say that I love what you did here. And I love myself for giving myself the opportunity to experience what you did here.

edit:: I say this all reply to your endless thing of spoilers xD (I just forgot to quote it all).

You are someone with a flowery soul. Lololololol thanks, you're too kind. My spoilers are so shocking and jaw-dropping,

Nicki

Retired
Well, like I said so/sp is merely my best guess based on some of our more in-depth conversations and certainly nothing I feel strongly about...or would allow myself to feel strongly about at this time. sx-doms will often communicate in multiple layers and connections...so their message, however short or long-winded, is often an experience in and of itself and will most likely have more than one meaning. sx-aux will generally pack their messages with a good deal of personal/additional details and information...and while you may not have the "what the hell do you mean?" feeling like you may with some sx-doms...you may come to believe they just *love to hear the sound of their own voice speak about their own stuff.* sx-last people communicate practically and are just so funny to me with their 'one-liners.' <-So there...one reason I guessed so/sp. But at age...what? how old are you again 8, 9? ha. Things could change and its difficult to know. When I was your age I imagine someone would have typed me as so/sx...and while I won't go into all the boring but highly scientific haha reasons for why I believe this would have occurred...it would have been entirely wrong (almost an opposite of sorts.)

After having talked to you a little more... I do feel more confident with ENTJ in spite of your age...And while it was your history and focus that had me deciding on e6... e6 would explain why you may appear to sit in between types as so many e6s are approaching balance along the function lines. Still, I would be very interested in what people are seeing in you that indicates the presence of Pe or Fe.

Well, I grew-up with e6 counterphobia (vintage: 6w5) and yet didn't understand what it was...that there was actually a name for it until I arrived here. And so originally I was recognizing it by its higher frequency/vibration alone. <-And to this day it's difficult for me to explain it otherwise. It's intensity in high-definition. Is the person pissy and arguing a point? Or did the person suddenly become a Crusader before your eyes...holding an actual sword and with armor and stuff...and is proceeding to right some wrong while behind him/her stands every single underdog and victim ever harmed under the conditions of your offense that you most likely can't determine...

Interesting! Yeah I'm a super straight-forward person. I'm
I am fairly young. Why so/sx?

Hmm fascinating. And the above definitely applies, regarding counterphobia in 6s.

6w7s...regardless of counterphobia and/or instinctual variants... are often emotionally volatile whether they demonstrate this outwardly/externally or merely fall apart in private. Which brings me to...

^^Yes exactly. All the 6w7 Seducers are counterphobes...and will be stacked either sx/so or sx/sp. What I wanted to say though is because all 6w7s may be slightly inclined towards emotional volatility...whatever volatility is seen in the 6w7 cp could merely be attributed to the fact that sx-doms in general don't routinely try and curb emotional responses. <-hell maybe they are even incorporating the volatility into the seduction...who knows? In the case of Monroe though...I get the sense her volatility stemmed from a highly unhealthy state that her lifestyle insured would never get properly addressed.

When I was a bit younger, I was very emotionally volatile. Even now, I can be a bit temperamental from time to time.

Are there phobic sx first 6w7s? That's odd. I agree with you about Monroe though. I feel sorry for her.

Starry

Why so/sx?

For me...as a tween/teen? Umm...I'm just taking what I know of human development and combining it with where I believe I was developmentally at that time and subsequently my progression as it pertains to the functions & enneagram. I was a good-hearted person which may have afforded me some semblance of maturity but in truth...? I'm constantly being floored by how intellectually advanced the young people on this site seem to be. When I was your age I was one gianormous sun-beam of 100% Ne - 100% e7...no other functions...no wing... and because that combo is correlated with so/sx I imagine that is how most people here would have called it. Unless someone was extremely perceptive I guess...and was to see I had no clue as to what was going on around me in the social realm. I was all 'beautiful experience' like...oh look a butterfly...oh look a flower...oh look a rainbow! <-I'm just now wondering how it was that I had friends...

When I was a bit younger, I was very emotionally volatile. Even now, I can be a bit temperamental from time to time.

Are there phobic sx first 6w7s? That's odd. I agree with you about Monroe though. I feel sorry for her.

I know this may come as a bit of a surprise...but...I got together with 14 of the 16 types...and at least from an outsider's perspective...we're all under the impression that ENTJs & INTJs are just kinda temperamental in general. I mean, we'd be open to hearing alternative explanations but...

Likewise, part of what makes a young person a young person... is emotional volatility and I take great issue with Western culture for trying to snuff this out with ridiculous over-reactions and ramifications for emotional displays or worse...with medication. I become so angry I can't even see straight. If we would just treat this as a part of life and create the proper space to let it run its course... but when you must work 55hrs a week to make ends meet who has the time right? What I'm attempting to say though is it's too soon to attribute whatever volatility you may have demonstrated to the volatility inherent at varying degrees in e6.

But if you must know...No, I do not believe in 'phobic e6 sx.' I also do not believe in... And this is a very important notation in my mind... I do not believe that phobic = healthy and counterphobic = unhealthy. While they may be more challenging at times...I personally would choose a counterphobic friend/companion a zillion times over as the phobics often scare me.

There could be a counterphobic 6w7 sx that possesses awareness and chooses to deal with the e6 core issues in a way that is not an attempt at manipulation, etc.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For me...as a tween/teen? Umm...I'm just taking what I know of human development and combining it with where I believe I was developmentally at that time and subsequently my progression as it pertains to the functions & enneagram. I was a good-hearted person which may have afforded me some semblance of maturity but in truth...? I'm constantly being floored by how intellectually advanced the young people on this site seem to be. When I was your age I was one gianormous sun-beam of 100% Ne - 100% e7...no other functions...no wing... and because that combo is correlated with so/sx I imagine that is how most people here would have called it. Unless someone was extremely perceptive I guess...and was to see I had no clue as to what was going on around me in the social realm. I was all 'beautiful experience' like...oh look a butterfly...oh look a flower...oh look a rainbow! <-I'm just now wondering how it was that I had friends...

I know this may come as a bit of a surprise...but...I got together with 14 of the 16 types...and at least from an outsider's perspective...we're all under the impression that ENTJs & INTJs are just kinda temperamental in general. I mean, we'd be open to hearing alternative explanations but...

Likewise, part of what makes a young person a young person... is emotional volatility and I take great issue with Western culture for trying to snuff this out with ridiculous over-reactions and ramifications for emotional displays or worse...with medication. I become so angry I can't even see straight. If we would just treat this as a part of life and create the proper space to let it run its course... but when you must work 55hrs a week to make ends meet who has the time right? What I'm attempting to say though is it's too soon to attribute whatever volatility you may have demonstrated to the volatility inherent at varying degrees in e6.

But if you must know...No, I do not believe in 'phobic e6 sx.' I also do not believe in... And this is a very important notation in my mind... I do not believe that phobic = healthy and counterphobic = unhealthy. While they may be more challenging at times...I personally would choose a counterphobic friend/companion a zillion times over as the phobics often scare me.

There could be a counterphobic 6w7 sx that possesses awareness and chooses to deal with the e6 core issues in a way that is not an attempt at manipulation, etc.

Drugs are the rulers of our sick, demented, evil, wretched world. We are doomed to slow, painful deaths in the near future…a direct result of man's folly.

Starry

Drugs are the rulers of our sick, demented, evil, wretched world. We are doomed to slow, painful deaths in the near future…a direct result of man's folly.

Still flyin high on unhealthy e5 I see. I'm in the process of putting together the beginning of an e7 Wisdom and Integration thread... so maybe we can get the above sentence written in more of a healthy e5 way :wink:

F@&#en auto correct. Auto correct is also evil. I swear it corrects correctly spelled words even...changing them to shit I wasn't sayin (<-another example of unhealthy e5)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Still flyin high on unhealthy e5 I see. I'm in the process of putting together the beginning of an e7 Wisdom and Integration thread... so maybe we can get the above sentence written in more of a healthy e5 way :wink:

F@&#en auto correct. Auto correct is also evil. I swear it corrects correctly spelled words even...changing them to shit I wasn't sayin (<-another example of unhealthy e5)

Alright.
I'm going to try to rest…I've been feeling sick all the time lately…

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI: I think ESFJ.

Enneagram : E6 might fight you, I'm not sure yet, so I am not voting yet.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15963]Devi[/MENTION] Ok, wait, sorry, I just saw your video....I was too tired to read the whole thread before, I apologize.

I take back the ESFJ and confirm the E6 lol

MBTI: Undecided. I read somewhere on here, that you think you have Se. I agree. I just don't think it's dominant.

The part where you talked about obligations in your second video sounded to me like a 6.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your type is CUTE

(deductions made from the video) :yes:

Nicki

Retired
[MENTION=15963]Devi[/MENTION] Ok, wait, sorry, I just saw your video....I was too tired to read the whole thread before, I apologize.

I take back the ESFJ and confirm the E6 lol

MBTI: Undecided. I read somewhere on here, that you think you have Se. I agree. I just don't think it's dominant.

The part where you talked about obligations in your second video sounded to me like a 6.

ENFJ 3w2 as usual ;)
Btw i forgot to vote 3w2

Yeah I think the ENTJ typings might have been based a bit more on pure Jungian functions more than anything else. I always assumed, when I got into type, that I resembled an EXFJ in persona more than anything else. Maybe ENFJ>ESFJ in MBTI. Actually, ENxJ would make much more sense in persona.

Last edited: