• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My type, please (Questionnaire)

dtkua

Hello everyone. I'd like to ask for help with typing myself. I need a little more objective view at my personality. Thanks is advance.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Female 19. I’m fed up with looking for my type and trying to figure out my strengths. Initially I’ve been decided to deal with typing all by myself but unfortunately it turned out not to be so easy.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidfe2/9897112645/in/explore-2013-09-23
Photo shows a fragment of the sea of ocean. Endless waters with a slight rock on it. On the foreground there are handles like in the swimming ladders what makes me think that maybe it is neither sea nor ocean but just huge swimming pool. Black and white colours make photo really melancholic and sad. The place seems to be abandoned and lifeless.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Thoughts: There isn’t any specific thought. I just feel more and more anxious. Something is wrong, isn’t so as should be.
Reactions: [It all depends if these people are my close friends or rather not very well known acquaintances. If the latter, all my reactions are slower, less rapid and less independent. Although I really doubt if I would go anywhere with people who I don’t know sufficient enough.]
Anyway, I start asking what happened, why did we stop. Then I get out the car with others to check the engine and try to find out what exactly have been broken so as to be able to find some solution altogether e.g. call a car breakdown service, find people to help us etc. If it is necessary I’d go somewhere or do something to contribute to solving problem.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Initially I refuse to go but since my friends are so keen to join I give up. On the party I keep in with my friends. If they meet new person I do too, but I don’t look for talking and meeting others actively. When we talk with somebody I generally listen to his/her, seldom asking about something unclear or interesting. If the conversation becomes boring I switch off and just observe others.
But no matter how good the party is I feel much better when we decide to come home. There I can think all that day over in peace.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I say that s/he is wrong and explain why. If s/he doesn’t change it I leave it alone. After all, can think what s/he wants and is my friend, I don’t want strained atmosphere between us (especially that we are in car and can’t simply leave). Unless s/he repeats it again and again, then I start to irritate and I’ll ask to change the topic or even stop saying such nonsense.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would be disgusted and probably outraged. I could think that someone is an idiot. But when it comes to my habits I would start thinking whether they are ok and there is some other ways of doing something better than mine.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Independence, constant development and new experiences, friendship, agreement and harmony (both internal and external). Recently I’ve had to decide what to do after my final exams and one of the step (among interests, strengths, weaknesses and the like) was to define my values. I doubt they can change, rather I’d add some new ones.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

My obsessions (at least when it comes to people around me). If I take a real interest in something it becomes for me a little obsession. It may be such topics like MBTI and finding proper type, a specific book, singer or music band (I’ve experienced all), or whatever else. At this time I don’t, no, I CAN’T read or listen about anything other. But after some time, it just ends.

b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I’d like to be braver and faster in expressing my opinions. It’s really annoying when I have something to say but before I organize my thoughts properly and summon up my courage the time goes by and the other topic is discussed, and again I need more time and the whole story repeats.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I'm not sure, but when I talk with someone I often can sense whether this person is trustworthy and sincere and I’ll like her/his or not. A few times in my life I’ve experienced sort of odd sparks of intelligence, when I’ve been thinking intensively about problem, and suddenly, at the slightest proper moment I found out solution. But it happens really seldom.

9. a) What activities energize you most?

Starting something new. Playing with children and making them laugh. Reading book. Time with my closest friends. Getting to know new things.

b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Quarrels - after them I often cry, even if I know that I’m right – and tense atmosphere at all. Competing – it assumes inequality, I don’t like it. Too much responsibility for important things, projects, issues etc. – I feel stressed that something will fail because of my fault and I’ll disappoint others.

10. What do you repress about your outward behaviour or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Generally I try not to show my emotions, especially sadness and anger. I usually don’t feel like explaining to them why I’m sad or angry. And I usually don’t say people about my current ‘obsession’ because they mostly can’t understand my excitement.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see some decent Fi in you, but that's all I can say. I am sure you're intoverted also.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I agree with Polly; most likely an Fi dominant... IXFP. I am unsure if you're ISFP/INFP but you may want to look into those two and see which YOU think fits more.

dtkua

I agree with Polly; most likely an Fi dominant... IXFP. I am unsure if you're ISFP/INFP but you may want to look into those two and see which YOU think fits more.

I've seen and read both but the problem is that I can't decide which one is more appropriate. But anyway thanks for helping with decreasing other possibilities.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've seen and read both but the problem is that I can't decide which one is more appropriate. But anyway thanks for helping with decreasing other possibilities.
I re-read your thread. Leaning more towards ISFP for now. I wouldn't mind you explaining more in detail about your "obsessions" in terms of how do you obsess?

dtkua

Well, to be honest INFP seems to be more possible. Although I don't know if I use Ne - I can't spot it, but I really really often catch myself while using Si. when I see a person she reminds me other one (the most often a musician or actor), or some tune or song seems similar to other which I've listened to some time ago. Or place or whatever.

When it comes to my "obsessions", I tend to want to know EVERYTHING about something. But frankly speaking it sometimes falls through because after some time I just lose interest. For instance I was really obsess with one Korean actor/musician. I've been listening to his songs all day over and over, I've also watched a few dramas with him and decided to watch all others but unfortunately that time I had to focus on my school and I wasn't able to do it in full. I've started to gather information about him, all facts from his life as well. I noticed that on Wikipedia wasn't decent article so I've started to write it, but I didn't finish because my interest ran out.

What do you see as a ISFP?