• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me figure out my MBTI! Having some trouble. (Questionnaire)

kaykre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
No. I'm female, mid-twenties, pretty normal state of mind (calm, stable, etc.).

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
ISTP, INTJ, and INTP. I am always I and T (very strongly).

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/morsar/9856122926/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75062927@N07/9852023096/

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
Honestly, I'd probably pretend to listen... or just totally tune them out. I tend to be able to put off things with a deadline, get them done at the last minute, and have good results. My train of thought would likely be along the lines of, "Interesting... but I can do it better myself."

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Privacy is very important to me. I need my space and hate when people just drop by. Honesty is also huge for me. I'd rather someone tell me the truth than protect my feelings (and I'm the same with others). In others, I highly value competence, logic, and reason. I tend to look down on "wishy washy" people, oversensitive/overemotional people, and people who use their feelings to make decisions.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
I think my overall values are pretty solid. However, sometimes I do tweak them for my own convenience (bad, I know). I also tweak them depending on the situation.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
Sometimes people do mistake me for rude because I'm very blunt but also not very social. If someone asks for my opinion or makes me mad I tend to just tell them and I don't sugarcoat it. Sometimes my sense of humor is also taken the wrong way. If someone were to call me immoral/rude/cruel I'd probably just tell them they are being too sensitive and/or too judgmental.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
I love going to knew places... It could be traveling, trying a new restaurant, etc. I also feel energized after organizing and cleaning things. Learning a new thing (thoroughly) makes me feel energized and happy. I also tend to activities alone or with a few people (rather than large groups).

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
I don't like crowded parties, social events, or places. I usually avoid them if I can but if I have to go I tend to keep to myself and the people I know. I find meeting new people extremely draining. I'm not sure why I dislike it but I strongly prefer to keep to the people I know and like. I also find thinking abstractly draining and difficult for me. Being micromanaged also drains me and I need to work at my own pace. I work pretty quickly but always put it off to the last minute. I get very irritated when people try to control this and don't understand it.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
I'm strongly introverted. I can be social if I need to be but I really don't enjoy it. I love spending time with my close family and friends but beyond that is a chore for me. I also tend to avoid places that I know will be crowded or I go when they will be the least busy. I also am content with the people in my life and don't feel the need to meet new friends.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
Strengths: I'm good at coming up with solutions to problems. I'm good at working under pressure. I'm good at talking people into things. I'm pretty confident. I'm great at compartmentalizing my feeling and bottling them up. I can almost always win an argument. Not too be cocky, but I'm intelligent and learn most things quickly provided they are concrete.

Weaknesses: I'm not great at emotions... both understanding/empathizing with others and expressing my own. I overanalyze EVERYTHING. I tend to bounce back and forth between impulsive and rational. It's really odd. In one situation, I will thoroughly think and analyze to make a decision and in another I will do something spontaneous (and possibly reckless). Also, I cannot think abstractly. Not great in social situations (though I come of more aloof/cold than awkward).

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
This is a weird one for me. Sometimes I'll be very calm (too the point of being cold) and just do what I have to do. It's almost like I shut off the feeling switch. In these times, I come across as resourceful, removed, cool, and collected. Then in other (rare) situations, I will freak out... for just a minute. I'll panic then quickly collect myself again.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
Animals. This one is easy for me. I tend to sympathize more for animals than I do for people.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
Totally depends. When I'm physically doing something my thoughts are fully on that. When I go somewhere, I take in everything around me (the sights, the smells, what other people are doing). I observe everything. When I'm reading or watching something new I get engulfed in it. I also tend to get really interested in a particular subject or hobby and research and learn a ton about it.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
I like objective feedback. I get annoyed if people sugarcoat it or aren't direct. I want them to get to the point. I also cannot handle being micromanaged. I don't mind people pointing out something I do wrong or giving suggestions so long as they are logical suggestions.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're probably an ISTJ, but ISTP wouldn't suprise me.

kaykre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
TY! I also thought I was more likely P than J because I'm not super rigid with judgements. I'm also having trouble looking at myself objectively to figure out my MBTI :)

mandarinawarrior

MBTI Type
IXXX
Enneagram
5?
I'd go with ISTP over ISTJ. Your writting feels to the point without going astray most of the time, something I associate with Ti-Se combination. While feelers tend to stick with emotion, you definitely come as a rational and I think that's pretty much clear. ISTJ, on the other hand would more likely phrase their sentences in a different way, having Si and Ne which tends to manifest in a different way, especially having Ne as inferior, which makes them reluctant of every change. Taking everything around yourself is something I associate with Se. Live in moment and build connections later (Ni). I've seen no sign of you having Si in entire post and I think that ISTJ is not really something you are. Things like reshaping your values according to situation, being impulsive (could be enneagram as well, but hell) scream of Se for me. I think that Ne tipes can often be more rigid than Se types, as they start with concept in which they put current situation into and Se types are really the best at looking at a situation as it is, which is what enables them do get to the root of it very fast. Definitely P over J.

kaykre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks! I think I agree... My mom is definitely ISTJ and my husband is ISFJ and there are definitely some major differences (in how we view and react to things).