• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Boyfriend possibly E/INFP?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, Jung thought of introverted sensors as very artistic people. A lot of famous artists are probably Si-dom. I think they walk along the edge of insanity in a very majestic way.

Very true...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, Jung thought of introverted sensors as very artistic people. A lot of famous artists are probably Si-dom. I think they walk along the edge of insanity in a very majestic way.

Very true...

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hard to say but I'm going to go with :wubbie: It sounds like you've got a thing whether he is E or I.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I coincidentally think you're a sensor ;)

Why Ne types sholdn't enjoy things like good meal, or hot bath? Intuitives are just humams too, who could resist the taste of vegetarian pizza? :D Really... we are not flying souls living from idea's food :D .

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've never met an nf dude who didn't love to eat....or take baths for that matter.

for that matter?? is that a phrase? it sounds weird. i suddenly feel foreign.

W

WALMART

Why Ne types sholdn't enjoy things like good meal, or hot bath? Intuitives are just humams too, who could resist the taste of vegetarian pizza? :D Really... we are not flying souls living from idea's food :D .

Well, you have to take several things in context. For example, no type is an island (or at least, it's rare). Jung largely intended to write stereotypical caricatures of the eight features humankind could embody, not wholly intending to define a person with one particular excerpt. So you have to isolate the variables when comparing and contrasting; Just because an extraverted intuitor enjoys taking a bath or a meal does not mean those are features of an extraverted intuitor, because the concept has already been isolated by another variable - extraverted sensing.

I would like to point out that Jung states extraverted sensors do not even seek a good meal, simply a meal is often of chief concern. I think an extraverted intuitor would be more driven for a "good" meal. Again, when Jung used the term possibilities, it really was synonymous with "expectations". Extraverted intuitors see the potential in an object and really try to bring it to the surface (contrasted against Si, who takes on more of an observer role). Se is a lot more monk-like in its orientation to the external world, "simpler" probably isn't a bad term.

Uh, I forgot where I was going with this. I have a tendency to work on my posts for an absurd amount of time, so I'll stop now :cry:

Edit: I think the bath thing is more introverted than anything. Jung said extraverted irrationals often weren't keen on reflection, and I see baths as a major wind-down reflection period. Though maybe they need it after all the go-go-go, lolz.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, you have to take several things in context. For example, no type is an island (or at least, it's rare). Jung largely intended to write stereotypical caricatures of the eight features humankind could embody, not wholly intending to define a person with one particular excerpt. So you have to isolate the variables when comparing and contrasting; Just because an extraverted intuitor enjoys taking a bath or a meal does not mean those are features of an extraverted intuitor, because the concept has already been isolated by another variable - extraverted sensing.

I would like to point out that Jung states extraverted sensors do not even seek a good meal, simply a meal is often of chief concern. I think an extraverted intuitor would be more driven for a "good" meal. Again, when Jung used the term possibilities, it really was synonymous with "expectations". Extraverted intuitors see the potential in an object and really try to bring it to the surface (contrasted against Si, who takes on more of an observer role). Se is a lot more monk-like in its orientation to the external world, "simpler" probably isn't a bad term.

Uh, I forgot where I was going with this. I have a tendency to work on my posts for an absurd amount of time, so I'll stop now :cry:

Edit: I think the bath thing is more introverted than anything. Jung said extraverted irrationals often weren't keen on reflection, and I see baths as a major wind-down reflection period. Though maybe they need it after all the go-go-go, lolz.

I think you said 2 opposite things... You see... Ne type can enjoy meals and baths without necessarily being a sensor. I wasn't saying that all Ne types enjoy good meals, I was saying you can enjoy good meal and be an Ne type. All sheeps are black, but not all sheep are jumping... But those who are jumping are still sheep. You know what I mean?
And about bath... I love baths a great opportunity to think about meaning of life :D . Everyone needs a bath...see? we all are just people. We need food and baths no metter if we are Se, or Ne. Unity! :hug:

Starry

:)
I use Ne and I love to enjoy a good meal or a hot bath.

This is based strictly on personal observation and experience so how accurate it is - I really couldn't tell you. But at least from what I've gathered over time it would appear that most (approaching all with a few theoretical exceptions) humans enjoy a good meal or hot bath.

You just coming out and sorta announcing this about yourself in the way you did... That to me is 'young e7.'

i've never met an nf dude who didn't love to eat....or take baths for that matter.

for that matter?? is that a phrase? it sounds weird. i suddenly feel foreign.

I agree with you on this for that matter.

Another personal observation I've made though... is while all NF males appear to enjoy eating and bathing... NFP males are often cookin it up in the kitchen while NFJ males seem a little perplexed by the whole 'cooking (cause) good meal (effect)' thing. I just remember my ex ...like after 18 days of not eating having repeatedly forgotten to go to the store... I'd bring him something and be like... 'this may sound remarkable to you...but with this stove/oven and these pots and pans...you can actually make food just like this all by yourself.'

NFJ males may have an edge over NFP males with regards to bathing. /INFP

I'm going to get in trouble for this post.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i didn't notice i said just nfs till i reread it there...but i don't know the eating/bathing habits of like pretty much any nfj dude. so i shoulda typed that better.

and baths are like a whole experience starry...it's not about being clean or looking nice...it's like a zen thing.

edit: just joking there about my infp...i actually really really like being clean.

Starry

and baths are like a whole experience starry...it's not about being clean or looking nice...it's like a zen thing.

edit: just joking there about my infp...i actually really really like being clean.

This is how I feel and I am very much not kidding. I've gone total-european now. I only get in water for swimming...I tried to surf a little this summer but lets not talk about that...or for zen reasons...or if my muscles ache. The chances of me using soap during those times are dwindling haha.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh that's awesome. i want to learn to surf so much....

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you mean than NFJs are not as involved in eating as Si users, or that they don't do cooking? I'm still trying to work out the difference between Se and Si. I have noticed that Si dominants tend to really pursue complexity in food, and may use it as a substitute for sex. Perhaps it reflects Xe as breadth (of sensation in the case of S) and Xi as depth? I know I enjoy elaborately seasoned and flavorful food, but I'm just as happy with simple food. And I like cooking, but it's more for the process than creating something creative as opposed to simple.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh that's awesome. i want to learn to surf so much....

Me too...
I can only imagine being free among the waves, as I live inland quite a ways.

Starry

Do you mean than NFJs are not as involved in eating as Si users, or that they don't do cooking? I'm still trying to work out the difference between Se and Si. I have noticed that Si dominants tend to really pursue complexity in food, and may use it as a substitute for sex. Perhaps it reflects Xe as breadth (of sensation in the case of S) and Xi as depth? I know I enjoy elaborately seasoned and flavorful food, but I'm just as happy with simple food. And I like cooking, but it's more for the process than creating something creative as opposed to simple.

:) oh no greenfairy... please keep in mind that this is just something I've personally noticed and mentioned it just to be stupid. I highly doubt I've hit on anything scientifically accurate here.

In my personal experience NFJs love to eat (I'm going to specify males though merely because I can think of a few NFJ females that seriously ate like pigeons. The NFJ females in my family all ate well...except my grandmother would always indicate she 'enjoyed a liquid diet' of vino & brandy which is a truthful statement...) However, the cooking side of things did seem confusing for them. The same could be said about my father though as INTJ. I remember a few instances when my mother went out of town when we were very young and us kids were sustained on an entire side of beef and an onion every single night for a week or so (my father eventually taught himself how to cook though and my mother gave up on it never having enjoyed it in the first place.)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:) oh no greenfairy... please keep in mind that this is just something I've personally noticed and mentioned it just to be stupid. I highly doubt I've hit on anything scientifically accurate here.

In my personal experience NFJs love to eat (I'm going to specify males though merely because I can think of a few NFJ females that seriously ate like pigeons. The NFJ females in my family all ate well...except my grandmother would always indicate she 'enjoyed a liquid diet' of vino & brandy which is a truthful statement...) However, the cooking side of things did seem confusing for them. The same could be said about my father though as INTJ. I remember a few instances when my mother went out of town when we were very young and us kids were sustained on an entire side of beef and an onion every single night for a week or so (my father eventually taught himself how to cook though and my mother gave up on it never having enjoyed it in the first place.)
That's a funny story. I do think there's something here with Se and Si, but you're right, it's risky to read too much into it.

Starry

That's a funny story. I do think there's something here with Se and Si, but you're right, it's risky to read too much into it.

Oh I do too actually. I'm still in the process of attempting to understand inferior Si in spite of truly and thoroughly enjoying a lifetime of *pure bliss* that I'm assuming only inferior Si can provide a person.

I've also had the pleasure of watching tert/inferior Se at work during this same lifetime and have seen some fascinating disconnects between something I'm guessing is Ni-related and 'practical application.'

*But again...I'm just talking about my personal experience. :)

W

WALMART

I think you said 2 opposite things... You see... Ne type can enjoy meals and baths without necessarily being a sensor. I wasn't saying that all Ne types enjoy good meals, I was saying you can enjoy good meal and be an Ne type. All sheeps are black, but not all sheep are jumping... But those who are jumping are still sheep. You know what I mean?
And about bath... I love baths a great opportunity to think about meaning of life :D . Everyone needs a bath...see? we all are just people. We need food and baths no metter if we are Se, or Ne. Unity! :hug:

Blasphemers, ye who'd usurp the institution that shackles us all.