• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me out, please! (Questionnaire)

UnknownUser

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
No, but I'm kind of tired right now and I think I may be coming down with a cold. I'm a cis woman in my 20s.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
ESFP and ISFP (about equally) and sometimes ENTP.

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chantsign/9859717216/in/explore-2013-09-21

This picture is simply beautiful, or at least, the most beautiful among the ones in "explore" (I scrolled all the way to the bottom... there weren't many). I don't know why I picked it, I just think it looks nice.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newkidontheblock/9853711136/in/explore-2013-09-21
This picture reminds me of a still life painting. I like how it's a small detail and it reminds me of old (historical) things. I like the colours.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
It depends on what I'm trying to fix and what you mean by "on the clock". I have a tendency to procrastinate so if I thought I had enough time I'd probably talk to my friend. If I was in a hurry and really worried, I'd say "That's a really interesting thought. I need to focus on this now, though" and talk to my friend when I was done.

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Respecting and being respected is very important to me. I like to treat others with compassion and respect but I'm still firm about my boundaries. I also value being open to new experiences, people, things, and ideas, while still being loyal to what I already care about.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
I don't know, I think my value system values flexibility so it could accomodate a big variety of scenarios, with maybe some minor tweaks. Only something drastic would make it change significantly.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
I get upset inwardly and probably insult this person a fair bit in my thoughts, if they're someone from whom I expected better I might be disappointed or surprised. What I said would depend on how serious what they said was (the difference between saying something rude and saying something I found prejudiced or hurtful). In most cases, I would probably calmly and maybe humorously point out to them that what they said wasn't ok.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
I really enjoy travelling, it's one of my favourite things in life; experiencing a new place and taking it in. I also enjoy listening to music, reading about subjects that interest me, looking at beautiful things. Communication can be energizing for me, it depends. I spend a lot of time communicating with friends and even strangers online or on my cell phone and starting a (real life) conversation with an interesting new person is very fun for me, as is spending time with people who really entertain me.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
I hate doing repetitive things and I used to hate studying, even when the subject was interesting to me, it just exhausted me too much. I don't like having conversations about overly intellectual things, like highly philosophical stuff along the lines of "what's the meaning of life?" or conversations nitpicking overly intellectual stuff. Talking about feelings can also tire me out quite a bit. Socializing drains me if it's been going on for too long and I can't have 5 minutes alone, as does socializing with friends I don't "click" with anymore and who aren't as entertaining or as close to me as they used to be. Things that feel like a chore are also difficult for me.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
I'm honestly not sure. I suspect introverted because spending time with others is often draining for me, but on the other hand, even when I'm relaxing on my own I'm still communicating with people in some way. I also spend more time focusing on outside things than inside my own head, I do think and daydream a lot but I usually use outside stuff as a point of departure for that.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
Strengths -- I'm very capable of seeing different perspectives in a given situation, so my friends often come to me for advice or insight. This also means I'm good at understanding very different kinds of people, in a way. I always know the right words to pick when trying to make a point and I'm good in social settings when I have to make small talk. I think I'm also very good at aesthetic stuff, I'm very perceptive about pleasant designs and things like that. I'm not conflict-avoidant and I stay cool under pressure so my friends also see me as someone they can rely on in a crisis. I'm very persistent. People often tell me I have a good sense of humour. I'm also extremely good at reading people and situations.

Weaknesses -- I give up on things easily if they don't interest me enough or if I don't think there's a point to them. I'm prone to procrastinating. I can end up trying to be too nice to people when they need to talk about their problems. I'm quick when it comes to making decisions, but sometimes even after I've made a decision I still don't want to pursue it because I enjoy keeping my options open. I get angry a bit easily and may sometimes come across as being too assertive if people cross my boundaries. Despite enjoying meeting new people, I'm a very private person and it's hard to truly get to know me.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I'm usually calm enough under stress. However, if it goes past my limits, I freak out and probably complain a lot, while shutting people out and asking them to shut up if they try to give suggestions, because for all my complaining and withdrawing myself from others, I'm definitely dealing with the problem and coming up with solutions in my head.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
My loved ones, innocent people/animals getting hurt for no good reason.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
They... are centeredaround everything. What I'd like to accomplish in the future, the song I'm listening to and what other bands it reminds me of, places I want to visit, what I would do if I had a time machine, ideas for theme parties, different painters and their specific styles, what clothes I want to buy... everything. Then in between I make all sorts of jokes inside my own head about what I'm thinking. They're centered on whatever is happened, has happened, or is going to happen. And if something happens while I'm thinking I'll take notice of it instead. I'm also likely to be doing something else while thinking, like filling in this questionnaire.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
I like feedback, but I prefer it if it's set up as a series of checkpoints rather than a constant, unwanted thing. For example, if I had a project to work on, I'd prefer to get feedback when I requested it and when certain milestones were reached, but not getting unasked-for feedback all the time. I prefer to do my thing and ask for an opinion when I'm not sure or when it's time to see the results of what I've done so far than to get it gratuitously before I'm even finished.

Ksch88

MBTI Type
?
I think you're an isfp. I definitely don't see entp. Your Fi seems stronger than your Se .

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I vote for ESFP actually.

I also value being open to new experiences, people, things, and ideas, while still being loyal to what I already care about.
I really enjoy travelling, it's one of my favourite things in life; experiencing a new place and taking it in.
... You seem experience orriented and open to new things, I think that points out strong Pe function, which is in your case Se.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
another one for ISFP. just the fact that you understood and responded to question 5 makes me confident you're an Fi user. and from the pictures i got an introverted sense. and then i got an INFP sense but not quite, plus you said you get bored with abstract stuff so that bounced me back to ISFP. oh, my radar also went *beep*beep for enneagram 9. do you know your enneagram?

ps. please tilda, get that icecream out of your mouth. that does not seem very ladylike *tss*tss

[MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION] and andrew....sit straight! kids!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, ISFP. Welcome! ISFP's are lovely.

One more question: when under stress do you ever become aggressive and critical just to blow off steam and feel in control, like having road rage? (<--inferior Te trait)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yay! A jumping bunny just told me to sit streight! :bunnyglee:

ahahahah true. you know how bunnies look good?

rabbitpot.jpg

PS. wait, but snoopy is a dog! :(

UnknownUser

I'm happy about the presence of bunnies in this thread.

I think you're an isfp. I definitely don't see entp. Your Fi seems stronger than your Se .

Thanks for your input!

I vote for ESFP actually.

... ... You seem experience orriented and open to new things, I think that points out strong Pe function, which is in your case Se.

That makes sense too :shrug: I'll definitely look into it! Thanks!

another one for ISFP. just the fact that you understood and responded to question 5 makes me confident you're an Fi user. and from the pictures i got an introverted sense. and then i got an INFP sense but not quite, plus you said you get bored with abstract stuff so that bounced me back to ISFP. oh, my radar also went *beep*beep for enneagram 9. do you know your enneagram?

ps. please tilda, get that icecream out of your mouth. that does not seem very ladylike *tss*tss

[MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION] and andrew....sit straight! kids!

Thanks :) I do get bored, unless it's abstract stuff I feel is somehow grounded in tangential things I'm curious about. I don't know my enneagram and until now I've thought 7w6 or 6w7 or something like that. Thanks for pointing out 9, that never crossed my mind!

Tilda's blood popsickle (it's a promo shot from Only Lovers Left Alive) is not unladylike, she remains a paragon of style and greatness even when eating popsickles in the least graceful way possible. :p

I agree, ISFP. Welcome! ISFP's are lovely.

One more question: when under stress do you ever become aggressive and critical just to blow off steam and feel in control, like having road rage? (<--inferior Te trait)

Thank you :) I think I sort of do, I tend to react with extreme stress with anger/becoming critical. I also tend to complain a lot and on the outside it looks as though I'm having a breakdown, even though I'm just blowing off steam and in my head I'm already deciding on what to do and doing it.