• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chandler's Type!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Do they like to, though? Maybe I stand out and just don't know it. :laugh: I feel like being 7w6(sw6w5) also makes me blend in/rely on others as well. Honestly both seem so borderline for me.

Yes, they like to stand out.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Trying out my typing as 2w3 to see how it's received. :D Although I still don't relate to the power-seeking part of social 2 (or 2 in general). I like to be with people but I don't use them to achieve any sort of power related to people (which is the only power I'd assume 2s would want).

I also went to my ENFJ 2w3 sx/so best friend about this and here's our conversation (warning: we speak in caps a lot):

korryn: TYPOLOGY
korryn: Y U CONFUSE ME
korryn: LOOOL
korryn is now Online.
Chandler: WAT DO U THINK
korryn: IDK I THINK [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] KID IS RIGHT YOU GOT A LOT OF ENERGY
korryn: BUT I DONT THINK YOU ARE LIKE
korryn: HM LOOK AT WHAT I FEEL I MUST THINK ABOUT IT
korryn: A LOT
korryn: AT LEAST NOT TO THE EXTENT HE SAYS
korryn is now Online.
Chandler: THATS TRUE
Chandler: I TEND TO TAKE MY EMOTIONS FOR WHAT THEY ARE AND FOLLOW THEM
Chandler: RATHER THAN SEE WHAT THEY MEAN
Chandler: BECAUSE TO ME THEIR MEANING IS ALREADY A GIVEN
korryn: oui you see them as a signal and just follow them rather than analyze

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, back to 7w6 after not even 24 hours after this talk with elfboy:

[1:20:52 AM] elfboy: I guess I feel like most of the problems of the heart triad are within themselves rather than something they need anything external to fix
[1:21:25 AM] elfboy: like, you don't actualy need to do anything to have a secure identity
[1:21:35 AM] elfboy: just decide that you love yourself and do what you feel like
[1:21:37 AM] elfboy: it's that simple
[1:21:49 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): i agree
[1:22:02 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): but you know, that's shame for ya
[1:22:17 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): i think being loved is pretty external though'
[1:22:23 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): you need someone to love you
[1:22:29 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): can't just be internal
[1:23:10 AM] elfboy: if the reason is because you don't love yourself and deny your own needs, then yes, it is internal
[1:23:23 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): but i do love myself
[1:23:24 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): :(
[1:23:28 AM] elfboy: good :)
[1:23:38 AM] elfboy: in that case, if you're a 2, you're on the healthier end
[1:24:08 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): maybe i do deny my own needs though
[1:24:14 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): although it's purely biological needs
[1:24:22 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): sometimes i just skip meals because i have no one to go with
[1:24:37 AM] elfboy: yeah, denying physical needs is definitely within the realm of So/Sx 7 behavior

And then after reading up on Maitri's (who I didn't know existed until now) description of Social 7 I almost cried because it described my current situation perfectly.

Social Seven: Sacrifice
Social Sevens are characterized by relinquishing their personal freedom and aspirations for social ideals. They have a profound sense of obligation toward others and feel that they must sacrifice themselves to fulfill what they see as their responsibilities. Their sacrifices are in the service of a future that they imagine and make plans to realize - a future that promises to give them the sense of belonging, social acceptance, and social standing that they lack. The passion of gluttony manifests here as a hunger for this sense of social ease and for all of the things that they believe will give it to them. Ichazo (per Lilly and Hart) uses the descriptor social limitations and describes this subtype as "predetermining his social activities," which highlights a different nuance of this subtype. It points the Social Seven's tendency to map and plan his social involvements to resolve his social insecurity.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, back to 7w6 after not even 24 hours after this talk with elfboy:

[1:20:52 AM] elfboy: I guess I feel like most of the problems of the heart triad are within themselves rather than something they need anything external to fix
[1:21:25 AM] elfboy: like, you don't actualy need to do anything to have a secure identity
[1:21:35 AM] elfboy: just decide that you love yourself and do what you feel like
[1:21:37 AM] elfboy: it's that simple
[1:21:49 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): i agree
[1:22:02 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): but you know, that's shame for ya
[1:22:17 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): i think being loved is pretty external though'
[1:22:23 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): you need someone to love you
[1:22:29 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): can't just be internal
[1:23:10 AM] elfboy: if the reason is because you don't love yourself and deny your own needs, then yes, it is internal
[1:23:23 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): but i do love myself
[1:23:24 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): :(
[1:23:28 AM] elfboy: good :)
[1:23:38 AM] elfboy: in that case, if you're a 2, you're on the healthier end
[1:24:08 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): maybe i do deny my own needs though
[1:24:14 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): although it's purely biological needs
[1:24:22 AM] Chandler (◕‿◕✿): sometimes i just skip meals because i have no one to go with
[1:24:37 AM] elfboy: yeah, denying physical needs is definitely within the realm of So/Sx 7 behavior

And then after reading up on Maitri's (who I didn't know existed until now) description of Social 7 I almost cried because it described my current situation perfectly.

the feels on the bus go round and round

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Then it hit me: Elfboy is Zang for teenagers (and The Great One).

I think it's funny to watch them talk about sex 24/7. I never knew people could be so obsessed. :laugh:

(No offense intended if they see this)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep -- still think you're a 7. :)

Sounds like you relate to about twice as much 7-ness as 2-ness anyway. (e.g. your convo with Elfboy on the prev page)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yep -- still think you're a 7. :)

Sounds like you relate to about twice as much 7-ness as 2-ness anyway. (e.g. your convo with Elfboy on the prev page)

Yup!! Maitri's description of Social 2 really drove me away from the idea of being a core 2w3 as well.

Social Two: Ambition
Social Twos are social climbers, very conscious of social hierarchies and intent on being accepted and aligned with those at the top as a way of resolving their sense of not belonging. Who they are associated with and how important those people are gives them their sense of social standing. The passion of pride manifests here in the self-validation and sense of being worthwhile that arise when they have achieved the position and status that they are after. It also manifests in their refusal to be seen as unimportant or ordinary, rather than special and stellar in whatever group they are part of or aspire to be connected with.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Another bump, but I'm changing back to 2w3 again after talking to my ENFJ best friend. :unicorn:

Chandler: HOLA
korryn is now Online.
korryn: WASSUUUP
korryn is now Away.
Chandler: still trying to decide between 7w6 and 2w3
Chandler: LOL
Chandler: WANNA READ THE MISIDENTIFICATIONS BETWEEN 7 AND 2 AND SEE WHICH SOUNDS MORE LIKE ME
korryn is now Online.
korryn: SURE GO FOR IT

[insert 2 vs. 7 mistype thing here]

korryn: aaah
korryn: they both fit
korryn: but im feelin 2
Chandler: YOU THINK SO?
Chandler: why
Chandler: 8d
korryn: you value your relationships
korryn: a lot more
korryn: than a 7 does
Chandler: oooh i see
Chandler: why else
Chandler: 8d
korryn is now Online.
korryn: mmm
korryn: while you are free floaty
korryn: you dont want to just be the friend who comes and goes to people
korryn: you wanna make lasting relationships
korryn: and be able to have a trustful relationship etc
korryn: you always want to help people to in their lives whether you just met them or not
Chandler: i see
korryn: i think you've been confided in by everyone youve met at least once i bet
Chandler: oui probably
Chandler: hmmm
Chandler: maybe i am 2w3
korryn: i.e. you bein a psychologist
korryn: LOOL
Chandler: i'm also more emotional than thinking
korryn: oui agreed
korryn: i think you def got some 7 in you
korryn: but 2 just fits you more imo D: LOOL
korryn is now Online.
Chandler: it's def something hard to face
Chandler: it's like
Chandler: all heart types struggle with self-hate/shame
Chandler: and it's like
Chandler: when i can't find a good guy to talk to it definitely does get me into this self-pitying/self-hating mood
Chandler: and when i'm in relationships i feel completely satisfied
Chandler: whereas 7 might need more stimulation in the relationship
Chandler: ofc i'm an ENFP and sx and still have 7 as my head fix
Chandler: so i still want that excitement in relationships
Chandler: but i'm still not comfortable with the idea of being alone even if i am receiving exciting stimulation and satisfaction
Chandler: i won't be enjoying myself til my desire for a serious relationship is fulfilled
korryn: oui exactly
korryn: youre a lot more committed and need that commitment relayed back to you as well

I'd like to hear your thoughts. :yes: [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] especially because you talk about my e7 positivity so much and I don't want to be misrepresenting 7 since I can always feel the passion in your kind words. Also the two from my so/sx crew, [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]. Cuddle buddy [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION], beagle buddy [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION], fellow Gwen Stefani enthusiast [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION], and fellow NPH admirer [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION], I'd like to hear what you'd have to say as well. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I know of a forum 7, [MENTION=1464]LadyJaye[/MENTION], who is just like how your friend described you -- so I'm still not convinced.

/my $0.02

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm..it's hard for me to know what it feels like inside your brain.

but i know that i'm a 7 first...even tho i'm also a 729 sx who feels deeply and values relationships a whole lot.

however...i feel more thinking than feeling. not in a t vs f way but in an i live in my head rather than my heart way.

also...as much as i love the people i love...it's very easy for me to take the attitude of "fuck em" if they don't share how i feel, don't get it, don't try etc.

i mean...i have aloof tendencies.

i want to be needed and wanted in an sx way...but not in a 2ish way....it's more dramatic or visceral than say...motherish.

i like to be helpful...but i don't care to be relied on to be.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm..it's hard for me to know what it feels like inside your brain.
but i know that i'm a 7 first...even tho i'm also a 729 sx who feels deeply and values relationships a whole lot.
however...i feel more thinking than feeling. not in a t vs f way but in an i live in my head rather than my heart way.
also...as much as i love the people i love...it's very easy for me to take the attitude of "fuck em" if they don't share how i feel, don't get it, don't try etc.
i mean...i have aloof tendencies.
i want to be needed and wanted in an sx way...but not in a 2ish way....it's more dramatic or visceral than say...motherish.

you summed up the differences pretty well

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ I know of a forum 7, [MENTION=1464]LadyJaye[/MENTION], who is just like how your friend described you -- so I'm still not convinced.

/my $0.02

To be fair, I was quick to change because I always admire heart types for how defined and intense their personalities are. :laugh: I'm still really torn though.

Hmm, I relate to being needed and wanted in less of a mother-ish way as well. :thinking: I want to be needed because I'm the most important person in that person's life, I want to be what his life is centered around, I want a passionate and genuine romance like that where we both are completely in love with each other that we need each other to make each other happy. I don't want someone to want or need me because I'm helpful or motherly. I just want someone to need me because I'm me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be fair, I was quick to change because I always admire heart types for how defined and intense their personalities are. :laugh: I'm still really torn though.

Hmm, I relate to being needed and wanted in less of a mother-ish way as well. :thinking: I want to be needed because I'm the most important person in that person's life, I want to be what his life is centered around, I want a passionate and genuine romance like that where we both are completely in love with each other that we need each other to make each other happy. I don't want someone to want or need me because I'm helpful or motherly. I just want someone to need me because I'm me.
Right... I mean it in a completely dramtic way like
I need you like the desert needs the rain...Or I would walk 10000 miles just to be the man that walked 10000 miles just to be with you... I can't live without you I don't want to be without you

Haha okay that woulda worked better in person as I sang to you but it's really not on purposely dramatic but that sx feeling for me truly is.

It's not the 2ish you can count on me to help you when you're in a bind. I will do anything for you that I can. Just ask.