• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chandler's Type!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get all confuzeled about the experience of being a 7 sx wtr to emotion. And not just 7 but 729

It's like hard to gain perspective without actually going through the experience of being a core heart type. I wanna say that it would seem to me that a heart type non sx wouldn't necessarily feel more depth of emotion but how can anyone objectively say such a thing.

It's as if both experiences are present simultaneously. Both depth of feeling and the intelctualizing of it all.

R

Riva

Surely the op is a 7-2-9. He gives lx's vibe; but definitely more open, friendly and uninhibited. That probably suggests so dom? It's people like the op and the rest of enfp 7s on typc who make me think twice about being a 7. I guess sp doms aren't that bubblishly-energetic; though charismatic when needed. Yes I just suggested I am charismatic.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohh, [MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION], your help as an ExFP 2w3 is needed. Tell me how you experience emotion and such? And what Fi is like being a 2? And how much you relate to your wing type?

I think my Fi/type 2 connection shows in how I react to emotions of people around me. If someone I care about is feeling bad or going through a rough time, I instantly feel terrible too. When it comes to things I go through myself I'm fairly positive, so nine out of ten times when I'm feeling bad, it's because someone else is feeling bad. But when we keep this out of mind, I don't experience heavy emotions, except for boredom.
I relate to type threes too. I'm extremely vain (I have to, I wasn't blessed with good looks by mother nature), I love performing, I love getting attention, I love being the best at something, I love entertaining people. But I also don't need to be the best at everything. Maybe it sounds very shallow and very stereotypically ESFP what I'm going to say right now, but I'd rather be the best looking and most exciting person on campus, than the person with the best academic achievements. But I don't think that's a bad thing either, because eventually you'll achieve more in life if you know how to sell yourself, than with the grades you got.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's as if both experiences are present simultaneously. Both depth of feeling and the intelctualizing of it all.

Hmm, and right now this main topic of this thread is about intellectualizing my level of emotion. ;)

Surely the op is a 7-2-9. He gives lx's vibe; but definitely more open, friendly and uninhibited. That probably suggests so dom? It's people like the op and the rest of enfp 7s on typc who make me think twice about being a 7. I guess sp doms aren't that bubblishly-energetic; though charismatic when needed. Yes I just suggested I am charismatic.

I can see you as charismatic fwiw. But so-last 7s I'm sure aren't as "bubblishly-energetic" as an so first 7s.

I think my Fi/type 2 connection shows in how I react to emotions of people around me. If someone I care about is feeling bad or going through a rough time, I instantly feel terrible too. When it comes to things I go through myself I'm fairly positive, so nine out of ten times when I'm feeling bad, it's because someone else is feeling bad. But when we keep this out of mind, I don't experience heavy emotions, except for boredom.
I relate to type threes too. I'm extremely vain (I have to, I wasn't blessed with good looks by mother nature), I love performing, I love getting attention, I love being the best at something, I love entertaining people. But I also don't need to be the best at everything. Maybe it sounds very shallow and very stereotypically ESFP what I'm going to say right now, but I'd rather be the best looking and most exciting person on campus, than the person with the best academic achievements. But I don't think that's a bad thing either, because eventually you'll achieve more in life if you know how to sell yourself, than with the grades you got.

Thanks for the meaty response. :) Hmm, I do relate to what you're saying about sincerely feeling what others are feeling and empathizing with them but at the same time aligning with the overall emotion of your surroundings seems like an Fe action as well. But then again 2 is a pretty Fe-like type so. I relate to being a positive person but the times I feel bad for the most part revolve around what's happening to me. Whether others have influenced what happened to me or not is a different story but I constantly relate the negative feelings back to myself because they are my feelings after all. Not that I have negative feelings about myself, it's just that I take away my own significance from them rather than other's.

I also don't relate to three or one at all. I would say I have a healthy sense of self-confidence and a healthy sense of wanting to be morally correct but I feel that they're not my main area of focus because I'm so comfortable with them in my person. I changed my type from 4w3 to 2w3 for this reason because I only emphasized how important individuality was in my values but I was actually really comfortable with who I was as a person so I never let it influence my actions at all. However, 2 is definitely one of my main areas of interests. I know being loved is something mostly all humans desire but for me it's just like something I'm endlessly searching for. When I'm in a committed relationship I feel like everything just falls into place and for the first time in a long time I'm genuinely happy with my life.

:popc1: /waits for [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] to post his screenshots

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A little peek into my private conversation with Miss [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:popc1: /waits for analysis of screenshots

Nicodemus

All kinds of people experience all kinds of emotions. To be angry at someone does not make you an angry person. Types are about patterns, tendencies, about the long run. Types, above all, are descriptions, not explanations. They may hint a the truth, but the truth is not written in concepts.

However, your current typing seems right to me.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All kinds of people experience all kinds of emotions. To be angry at someone does not make you an angry person. Types are about patterns, tendencies, about the long run. Types, above all, are descriptions, not explanations. They may hint a the truth, but the truth is not written in concepts.

:yes: I agree. I would say I almost never get angry. I think types are good way of trying to further understand someone rather than trying to label their behavior. I'm sure no one fits their type description entirely. It's just a theory for looking at people after all - fun to talk about or play around with but nothing incredibly serious. Not to mention that social 7s are a weird variety of 7 anyway.

However, your current typing seems right to me.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, after some thought, I'm still sticking with 7w6.

I think my lack of id-ness comes from being so-first, maintaining a more amiable presentation to maximize the chances of getting what I want. I think the high level of upset emotion [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] was talking about was actually more rooted in frustration than isolation. It was more of "I'm a good friend to everyone, so why aren't they being good friends to me?" than "I'm a good friend to everyone, so why am I alone?" It's a hard difference to explain but I think over the years I've learned that I have the most fun when I'm with other people and because of that people became my main means of stimulation. [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] pointed out earlier in the thread that I live by the "treat others the way you want to be treated rule" and that's definitely true. Another way to put it would be "the more I give, the more I get back in return." I try to treat others well so they treat me well in return. When I treated my new college friends well I expected them to treat me well in return, but my expectations were shattered when I saw them going around having fun without me. Of course I'd be frustrated and upset, I gave them so much and got back nothing.

Admittedly I am more in touch with my heart fix than most 7s, but I don't really struggle with issues of pride like 2 does either. If I help someone/am a good friend to someone it's because I genuinely want to, not because it will make me feel like a better person or have me seen in a better light. I genuinely want to make the world a better place, not to build on my own sense of self-worth but more to express my belief that everyone in the world can be connected or unified in some way (which is a pretty so/sx ideal). All of this to me sounds more like this:

The SO Seven represents a purer character who expresses a kind of counter-gluttony, in that the SO Seven focuses on not exploiting others and helping and supporting the group. SO Sevens postpone the fulfillment of their own desires for an ideal of supporting others, and they want to be seen as good for their sacrifice. A generalized tendency of this type is to adopt the role of helper and to be concerned with the alleviation of pain. (This is the Seven countertype.)

than this:

SO Twos seduce groups from a position of power. Social Twos seduce people by being smart and competent. The Social Two is the “power Two,” and is often the owner of the company or the person in charge. This is a more adult Two than the SP Two and can resemble a type Three or a Type Eight.
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] [MENTION=15963]Devi[/MENTION] [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION] [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] etc, your thoughts would be appreciated very much. :yes:

Nicki

Retired
ENFP (you could be a very Ne heavy ESFJ but Pi is probably your inferior function)

You're definitely so/sx and you don't seem very social 2 at all. Social 7 is much more fitting.

7w6-2w3-9w1 IMO

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP (you could be a very Ne heavy ESFJ but Pi is probably your inferior function)

You're definitely so/sx and you don't seem very social 2 at all. Social 7 is much more fitting.

7w6-2w3-9w1 IMO

Functionally, I'd rate myself Ne≥Fi>Fe≥Te>Si>Ni>Se≥Ti - it's like an ENFJ just decided to merge with my ENFP-ness. :laugh:

Dunno, I love ESFJs but I'm definitely not as hardworking as they usually are. Maybe not hardworking is the best way to phrase it, maybe it's more of a lack of willpower? I get overwhelmed very easily by like one or two assignments. If I don't have an interest in doing it I'm not going to do it until I absolutely have to even if it'd be more convenient for me to do it earlier than that. Regarding groups, I usually just laugh and going on with whatever's happening. If it's not something I agree with or feel like doing, I'll just simply disconnect myself from the group and go do something by myself at home (which is usually just playing video games/watching TV/going on the internet). Also the only time my Si comes out is when nostalgia appeals to it or movies pull out the whole "emotional slideshow of events you've just seen in the past 30 minutes to emphasize the significance of their relationship" sorta thing. You may or may not understand what I'm talking about; at this point I'm just rambling on. Oh and I barely feel connected to Ti at all. At least with Si I can see it in myself. Fe somewhere slips in there but could be more due to being a 2-fixer and so/sx.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
you have a point about the Social 2. this throws a wrench in things cuz social 2s are extremely power seeking (Naranjo even typed Napoleon Bonaparte as a Social 2! one of his few typings I disagree with).

however, I still see too much emotionality for 7, even Social 7 to be feasible.
7 positive outlook: avoiding the negative, rationalization, delayed response to negative emotions
2 positive outlook: putting out positive emotion and energy with the intention of affecting the mood of the room/atmosphere/interaction

this interview explains what I'm talking about a bit more (she's Sp/Sx I think, so you're probably not gonna relate to her vibe even if you are a 7, but her point about emotions is more like a 7)

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

7 positive outlook: avoiding the negative, rationalization, delayed response to negative emotions
2 positive outlook: putting out positive emotion and energy with the intention of affecting the mood of the room/atmosphere/interaction

Have you ever seen him other than happy for that matter? Even when he's bitching about guys I almost never see him getting all worked up about it; it's more of a careless abandon.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever seen him other than happy for that matter? Even when he's bitching about guys I almost never see him getting all worked up about it; it's more of a careless abandon.
yes, several times.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Care to share?

there's a constant, subtle sensitivity to him, like his mood is easy to put a dent in.
at least temporarily, though he does tend to "bounce back" pretty quickly, which I could see as a case for 7

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I always figured the 2-ish-ness came from the so/sx -- you seem too carefree, for lack of a better word, to not be a 7 -- so I agree with your assessment, [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]. :)

Nicki

Retired
Functionally, I'd rate myself Ne≥Fi>Fe≥Te>Si>Ni>Se≥Ti - it's like an ENFJ just decided to merge with my ENFP-ness. :laugh:

Dunno, I love ESFJs but I'm definitely not as hardworking as they usually are. Maybe not hardworking is the best way to phrase it, maybe it's more of a lack of willpower? I get overwhelmed very easily by like one or two assignments. If I don't have an interest in doing it I'm not going to do it until I absolutely have to even if it'd be more convenient for me to do it earlier than that. Regarding groups, I usually just laugh and going on with whatever's happening. If it's not something I agree with or feel like doing, I'll just simply disconnect myself from the group and go do something by myself at home (which is usually just playing video games/watching TV/going on the internet). Also the only time my Si comes out is when nostalgia appeals to it or movies pull out the whole "emotional slideshow of events you've just seen in the past 30 minutes to emphasize the significance of their relationship" sorta thing. You may or may not understand what I'm talking about; at this point I'm just rambling on. Oh and I barely feel connected to Ti at all. At least with Si I can see it in myself. Fe somewhere slips in there but could be more due to being a 2-fixer and so/sx.

How people-oriented are you? There are some ESFJs here and there that can almost seem like ENFPs because Fe isn't as "J" as Te is. But a so/sx ESFJ with strong Ne and a 2 fix would be extremely people-oriented. From what you said, ENFP>ESFJ.