• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iNtuiting or Sensing?

rachelmarie

MBTI Type
IXFJ
So, I'm struggling with the age-old N vs. S debate. I often test with pretty much equal inclination toward both, often favoring N by maybe 1 question. My problem is that I see so many traits of both in myself, that I have trouble settling on just 1.

Here are the traits I display belonging in each category:

Sensing:
I often look to the past when making decisions.
I don't do well with the 'big picture' but prefer to work with details.
I like to know the practical application of whatever I'm learning, thinking about.
I'm very goal-oriented.
I'm very visual.
I'm very sentimental.

iNtuiting:
I love to theorize.
I really value inventiveness.
Deep thought really intrigues me, I love having intellectual realizations and discussions.
Change makes me really uncomfortable, I tend to settle into a comfort zone that I don't like to leave.
Ideas and theoretical concepts are very valuable to me.
I fancy myself an intellectual.
I delight in spending a great deal of time theorizing over the MBTI though it may not necessarily do me any tangible good.

I would love anyone's opinion on this dilemma and I welcome any questions necessary for clarification :) Thank you in advance!

sonofsam

Hey, I believe you might be an exceptionally developed ISFJ who enjoys use of their Ti and Ne. This is by no means a definite result, because you mostly wrote about how you behave and not so much about the actual process of thinking and I'm just going by tangents. I see you're settled on IFJ so that kind of helped me to filter out some information. Looking at your post, I can't see no use of Se nor can I really pinpoint Ni, especially dominant one. Hell, there's even no Fe which would be your auxilliary in any case but I can understand why. I can see a lot of Si-Ti-Ne which would make you ISFJ. But as I said, take my insight as a starting point and nothing more :D

I'll try to explain it a little bit. Ni-doms would be really the most intuitive people and the ones that can grasp big pictures most easily. On top of that, I can't see that Ni-Ti combo in your writting. It's more scattered and not really concerned with depth as much as with breadth. Ni doms also have some peculiar type of writting that I don't see here. Yours writting seems like classic Ne, not wanting to settle on one thing. By that, I aim at abstract stuff in your writting, and not at your life itself because Si dominance would make you as you said - not keen on leaving familiar teritory. That's actually textboox example of Si and inferior Ne. By the way, what are your main goals in life aside being intelectual?

I

Infinite Bubble

Guesstimate: ESTJ.

Not enough information, but in general I think what you put for "Sensing" is more related to what it actually represents than those you listed as "N" attributes. A nice display of the Forer effect.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
So, I'm struggling with the age-old N vs. S debate. I often test with pretty much equal inclination toward both, often favoring N by maybe 1 question. My problem is that I see so many traits of both in myself, that I have trouble settling on just 1.

Here are the traits I display belonging in each category:

Sensing:
I often look to the past when making decisions.
I don't do well with the 'big picture' but prefer to work with details.
I like to know the practical application of whatever I'm learning, thinking about.
I'm very goal-oriented.
I'm very visual.
I'm very sentimental.

iNtuiting:
I love to theorize.
I really value inventiveness.
Deep thought really intrigues me, I love having intellectual realizations and discussions.
Change makes me really uncomfortable, I tend to settle into a comfort zone that I don't like to leave.
Ideas and theoretical concepts are very valuable to me.
I fancy myself an intellectual.
I delight in spending a great deal of time theorizing over the MBTI though it may not necessarily do me any tangible good.

I would love anyone's opinion on this dilemma and I welcome any questions necessary for clarification :) Thank you in advance!
this sounds exactly like me, for whatever that's worth.

rachelmarie

MBTI Type
IXFJ
Okay, y'all have been really helpful. Thanks so much! I see what y'all mean and I'm glad to have it somewhat settled.

By the way, what are your main goals in life aside being intelectual?

Do you mean career-wise?