• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My MBTI/Tritype?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tritype help.

I am trying to decide if 9w1 or 7w6 comes first in my tritype. Can anybody here help?

I am an ENFP, by the way…

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you picked a single type yet?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you picked a single type yet?

For a while, I thought So/Sp 9w1 was my core.
A friend of mine says that I present myself as too bubbly and enthusiastic for that, though…

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For a while, I thought So/Sp 9w1 was my core.
A friend of mine says that I present myself as too bubbly and enthusiastic for that, though…

Yeah. Remember though that Etypes are not so much about how you present yourself as they are about your motivations. Youll have to see if type 9s motives correspond to you, or not.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wish to be wise, happy, and at peace. I want to live in south central Alaska next to a mountain with my future family so that we can enjoy beautiful auroras and starry nights dance across a pristine snowscape every winter. I still want it warm, if mild, in the summer; that is where "south central" comes to play. I don't need to be rich, I just need to have enough money that debt isn't a problem and I can raise three children in a cheerful, peaceful home in a pristine environment that is intellectually stimulating and filled with warm feelings.

Who knows what wonderful stories I will be inspired to write amongst such gorgeous surroundings!

By the way, I am an ENFP, so that could make me seems bubblier…

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish to be wise, happy, and at peace. I want to live in south central Alaska next to a mountain with my future family so that we can enjoy beautiful auroras and starry nights dance across a pristine snowscape every winter. I still want it warm, if mild, in the summer; that is where "south central" comes to play. I don't need to be rich, I just need to have enough money that debt isn't a problem and I can raise three children in a cheerful, peaceful home in a pristine environment that is intellectually stimulating and filled with warm feelings.

Who knows what wonderful stories I will be inspired to write amongst such gorgeous surroundings!

2,7, or 9.

By the way, I am an ENFP, so that could make me seems bubblier…

I dont think being "bubbly" really means anything Etype-wise. You are definatly a postive outlook type though which is why I think 2, 7, or 9.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
2,7, or 9.

I dont think being "bubbly" really means anything Etype-wise. You are definatly a postive outlook type though which is why I think 2, 7, or 9.

I am leaning towards core 7w6 over 9w1. I have the "Quick Learner" trait that is common of 7's.

I also have decided that my tritype is 7w6, 9w1, 2w3 in that order.

I am So/Sp, but not adverse to close relationships.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, I might lead with 2w3. Of course, I can be very perfectionistic when I am trying to serve others, so 2w1 could be me, too.

2w1, 7w6, 9w1…

(I didnt look much at 2 at first, since I am not very competent and thus not a very good helper…)

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At first glace I was thinking 2 might be a likely possiblity for you as well. Everyone has both wings, Im a 4 but can sense the presence of both 3 and 5 wings in my life. You just usually have one wing more developped than the other. I relate more to 5 wing but there are times of my life when 3 wing worked as well.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems like I run slower when I'm on my ADHD meds and I dont like it…

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the way you write, [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION].

Anyways, if you're a 9, you're one of the feisty ones like [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION].

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like the way you write, [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION].

Anyways, if you're a 9, you're one of the feisty ones like [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION].

Thank you. I'll check them out…

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
This just in, [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] has officially checked me out.

Do you still have any questions about what nine-ness could entail?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This just in, [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] has officially checked me out.

Do you still have any questions about what nine-ness could entail?

Is nine the most peaceful, loving type?

Is that your dalmation in the photograph?
(I love dogs…)

How does nine differ from the other two positive outlook Enneatypes?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Is nine the most peaceful, loving type?

Is that your dalmation in the photograph?
(I love dogs…)

How does nine differ from the other two positive outlook Enneatypes?

1. Probably not. The key is that the nine naturally desires harmony. Positively construed, it means they can be easy-going, laid back, and flexible. Think water or air, I guess. It can negatively manifest as avoiding confrontation. Qualities like being peaceful and loving is one of the ways the nine inclination towards adaptability can take shape, I guess. Live and let live, would be a good example. But it's not a principle trait, so to speak. You could easily ascribe those traits to other enneagram types. It depends on the person, not their number.

2. Yes.

3. I have no idea, because I don't know what they are.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Probably not. The key is that the nine naturally desires harmony. Positively construed, it means they can be easy-going, laid back, and flexible. Think water or air, I guess. It can negatively manifest as avoiding confrontation. Qualities like being peaceful and loving is one of the ways the nine inclination towards adaptability can take shape, I guess. Live and let live, would be a good example. But it's not a principle trait, so to speak. You could easily ascribe those traits to other enneagram types. It depends on the person, not their number.

2. Yes.

3. I have no idea, because I don't know what they are.
9, 7, and 2 are positive outlook types.

I really don't know what would be a good for me now, but when I was younger…I always looked forward to traveling and seeing all of the places in the country. I would always get so excited to see, do, or learn something new…

…now I feel spent and restless most of the time. Nothing really excites me or makes me feel good. Nothing is interesting anymore. I feel like I'm looking for something, but I don't know what it is…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello! I just switched over from NF to NT after [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
clarified a few things for me. I suppose I am more like Socrates than I thought at first.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ok so what do you want me to say to this thread? What's the point?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took Keys 2 Cognition, got odd results.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ********* (9.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************************** (53.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (15)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Theorist; then Improviser; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

Sixteen Patterns
Jung observed that everyone has potential access to all eight cognitive processes but that we each prefer one as dominant — playing a lead role — with a second process playing a support role. Your two preferred cognitive processes allow you to do information gathering and decision making, introverting and extraverting. Maybe you prefer introverted Intuiting in a lead role with extraverted Feeling in a support role, or maybe you prefer extraverted Sensing in a lead role with introverted Thinking in a support role. Or maybe you prefer some other pairing. These pairings tap into sixteen possible patterns which are often represented using a 4-letter code. Here are the sixteen type patterns and the preferred cognitive processes associated with each:

Type Lead Process Support Process
ESTP extraverted Sensing introverted Thinking
ISTP introverted Thinking extraverted Sensing
ESFP extraverted Sensing introverted Feeling
ISFP introverted Feeling extraverted Sensing
ESTJ extraverted Thinking introverted Sensing
ISTJ introverted Sensing extraverted Thinking
ESFJ extraverted Feeling introverted Sensing
ISFJ introverted Sensing extraverted Feeling
ENTJ extraverted Thinking introverted Intuiting
INTJ introverted Intuiting extraverted Thinking
ENTP extraverted Intuiting introverted Thinking
INTP introverted Thinking extraverted Intuiting
ENFJ extraverted Feeling introverted Intuiting
INFJ introverted Intuiting extraverted Feeling
ENFP extraverted Intuiting introverted Feeling
INFP introverted Feeling extraverted Intuiting

Validity and Reliability of Results
As of October 2005, over 3000 people have taken this cognitive assessment. There are many ways to validate an assessment. A common statistical method called factor analysis confirms there are eight distinct cognitive categories (all items in the assessment that tap into the same cognitive process have a correlation of at least r=0.2 and most have r=0.4 to r=0.6.) Furthermore, people who have taken this assessment and reported their 4-letter type code have received results that matched their type code 75% to 80% of the time. This is excellent performance since the reported type may be inaccurate even when "validated" or from a professional assessment. Even when the type code does not exactly match, the temperament result matches over 95% of the time. Thus, you can consider your results here as valid as those from any professionally developed assessment.

Further Exploration
What if the 4-letter code reported here is different from what you expected? Say your type code result here is ESTP and the type you are familiar with for yourself is INTJ. Even though the type codes look quite different, you may have rated the cognitive processes for these two types rather closely. Also, keep in mind the cognitive profile is based on your responses. Continuing with the example, if you didn't think of yourself as an ESTP, then you would want to explore why you rated highly a phrase such as "freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up." This phrase clearly does not fit with the INTJ type pattern. Please visit www.bestfittype.com for more information and exploration. You may also be interested in "8 Keys to Self-Leadership" by Dario Nardi.

I guess I am Ne-Fi-Ni-Ti?