• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My MBTI/Tritype?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You should trust your own personality assessment based on intensive study rather than a test result, which only tells you what you tell the test based on what it can tell you back.

If you're a 5w6 so/sp, ENFP is almost certainly off the list.

5w6s tend to be IxTx types, but ENTP, INFP, and INFJ can be included in there as well. If you're a social first, that also makes the idea of you being an extravert, like an ENTP more plausible.

I always thought it should be very easy for anyone to tell whether or not they're extraverted, as our level of extraversion greatly determines the focus of our energies, and is also highly visible to others.

If your gut tells you that you are an extravert, you probably are, and since ENFP is very odd to mix in with 5w6, I'm going to tentatively call you an ENTP.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Everybody always gets weird results in these things. I remember i got high Ni too (maybe being Ne-dom makes you use Ni well?! I have no idea). but i didnt have as high Fe and the other functions were clearly pointing towards ENFP. is there anything else (test) you can take!??

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Everybody always gets weird results in these things. I remember i got high Ni too (maybe being Ne-dom makes you use Ni well?! I have no idea). but i didnt have has high Fe and the other functions were clearly pointing towards ENFP. is there anything else you can take!??

Everything calls me something different.

On similar minds, I am an ENFP 9w1. On here, I'm an INFP. A friend of mine says I'm sensitive and valued like a feeler, but analytical like a 5. Of course, I could be a thinker with self-esteem issues, too.

I'm unsure of rather I'm introverted or extroverted, since I get energy from new ideas. New ideas can include people or not, but if I can't imagine, I feel awful.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everything calls me something different.

On similar minds, I am an ENFP 9w1. On here, I'm an INFP. A friend of mine says I'm sensitive and valued like a feeler, but analytical like a 5. Of course, I could be a thinker with self-esteem issues, too.

I'm unsure of rather I'm introverted or extroverted, since I get energy from new ideas. New ideas can include people or not, but if I can't imagine, I feel awful.

I know, I was thinking about your case. I've been following your story since you got here.

I don't know, a couple of things come to mind:
- is it possible you didn't answer that test like you truly feel, honestly, and instead chose answers like you'd like to be?
- is it possible that you're young and don't know yourself well enough yet? in that case maybe a friend could take that test for you?
- but then again what you tell me your friend said to you also seems quite naive: people aren't divided into feelers and thinkers, but into Fi/Te or Ti/Fe users.
- and why are you so sure about being an enneagram 5?

You seem to be pretty sure you're an Ne-dom. Now the thing is to understand your judging functions, if they are Fi/Te or Ti/Fe. How do you feel yourself to be? Do you need help? If you want to talk a bit more about yourself, even in private, I can try to help you/offer my opinion!?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know, I was thinking about your case. I've been following your story since you got here.

I don't know, a couple of things come to mind:
- is it possible you didn't answer that test like you truly feel, honestly, and instead chose answers like you'd like to be?
- is it possible that you're young and don't know yourself well enough yet? in that case maybe a friend could take that test for you?
- but then again what you tell me your friend said to you also seems quite naive: people aren't divided into feelers and thinkers, but into Fi/Te or Ti/Fe users.
- and why are you so sure about being an enneagram 5?

You seem to be pretty sure you're an Ne-dom. Now the thing is to understand your judging functions, if they are Fi/Te or Ti/Fe. How do you feel yourself to be? Do you need help? If you want to talk a bit more about yourself, even in private, I can try to help you/offer my opinion!?

Alright…
I think that would be nice…

I

Infinite Bubble

Yeah, the tests are useless. Terrible way to type yourself.

As for I/E: If you are an extrovert, you are orientated towards the object, meaning, you will be primarily influenced by exterior data that the world provides you with.

An introvert on the other hand, is orientated towards the subject - e.i. themselves - so they will mostly focus on subjective/individual interpretation extracted from objective data.

It has little to do with how social or "classically extroverted" you are, although there are some correlations, especially where Fe-doms are concerned. Ne-doms for example, can be often seen as introverted in this sense because the function requires relatively little data to go on one of their exploratory tangents. Te may also not be seen as social because as a Thinking function, it is impersonal analysis, and not typically people-orientated.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, the tests are useless. Terrible way to type yourself.

As for I/E: If you are an extrovert, you are orientated towards the object, meaning, you will be primarily influenced by exterior data that the world provides you with.

An introvert on the other hand, is orientated towards the subject - e.i. themselves - so they will mostly focus on subjective/individual interpretation extracted from objective data.

It has little to do with how social or "classically extroverted" you are, although there are some correlations, especially where Fe-doms are concerned. Ne-doms for example, can be often seen as introverted in this sense because the function requires relatively little data to go on one of their exploratory tangents.
I enjoy speaking with people, and ask questions to get new ideas and inspiration. Occasionally, I'll have ideas spontaneously appear in my head—but much more of what I think about is information I've modified from my discussions.

Very interesting avatar, by the way. I enjoy it.

I

Infinite Bubble

I enjoy speaking with people, and ask questions to get new ideas and inspiration.

That'll be your Ne.

Occasionally, I'll have ideas spontaneously appear in my head—but much more of what I think about is information I've modified from my discussions.

What do you mean exactly by "modifying"? I guess it could be your Ji function, but it doesn't say much about which one.

Would you say that you have these discussions for ideas first and foremost, then thinking, interpreting the information secondarily? Or the other way around (inner thinking process first, then gathering ideas second)?

Lastly, if you can, how would you describe this thinking process; what types of things is it typically about?

Very interesting avatar, by the way. I enjoy it.

Thanks! I think it is Ne-friendly.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That'll be your Ne.

What do you mean exactly by "modifying"? I guess it could be your Ji function, but it doesn't say much about which one.

Would you say that you have these discussions for ideas first and foremost, then thinking, interpreting the information secondarily? Or the other way around (inner thinking process first, then gathering ideas second)?

Lastly, if you can, how would you describe this thinking process; what types of things is it typically about?

Thanks! I think it is Ne-friendly.

I would see conversation as primarily an idea generator, but I also use it to verify personal theories and check for understanding. If I am learning a new concept, I ask questions with the speed and frenquency of a volley gun. I learn best in a dialogical fashion.

Whenever I speak of modifying information, I mean that I try to see if the information I am receiving makes sense…rather or not it contradicts itself, rather or not I can use it, rather or not it correlates to another peice of information…ect.

I

Infinite Bubble

[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION], I personally think that you're correctly typed as ENTP. You appear to use Ne + Fe for operating in the external world, with Ne as dominant. What you wrote about modifying information is very Ti, so all the pieces fit together nicely for ENTP.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
bullshit tests give bullshit results

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
bullshit tests give bullshit results

It was actually reccomended by [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
I guess I am an ENTP with an inferiority complex.
I've been everywhere from INFP to ENFP to ENTP to 9w1 to 7w6 to 5w6.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It was actually reccomended by [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

i think you should go about it slowly and carefully and sustain judgment for a while until you are certain about a type. read a bit more about the descriptions of the types, about the functions, think and wonder about what you think you are etc without external influence.
i personally have always felt a clear ENFP vibe from you. but hey :shrug:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i think you should go about it slowly and carefully and sustain judgment for a while until you are certain about a type. read a bit more about the descriptions of the types, about the functions, think and wonder about what you think you are etc without external influence.
i personally have always felt a clear ENFP vibe from you. but hey :shrug:

Without any external influence, I was thinking INFP, the. I was with ENFP a few months. In many ways, ENFP seems closer…

I guess since I can and do often analyze things, ENTP is possible. I just don't jive with all the infamous "NT" narcissism. I by and large have the opposite problem an could use a little more confidence.

Anyway, I've heard people compare me to Einstien, Walt Disney, Mark Twain, and Socrates…if that gives any hints. Those where are different stages of my life, but I don't think type changes all willy-nilly in a couple years…

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It was actually reccomended by The Great One

I dont understand why you think that you would be an ENTP with inferiority complex, i mean you cant derive that from the test results you got, as inferiority complex is something completely different than using the inferior function or some stuff like that.

Even if you tested and ESFJ, that wouldnt mean that you are an ESFJ. The whole idea of MBTI (myers briggs type indicator) is that it indicated possible types, and does not determine your type(this is the most crucial and basic idea in MBTI).

Also you do realize that the test doesent even measure MBTI or Jungian type? Neither of those systems use 8 function theory, this sort of tests are fundamentally some bullshit you find from the internetz..

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The test on similar minds regularly tells me ENFP, I've taken it a dozen or so times over the past year. Most of the time, it was just showing the test to friends and then taking it to compare. I understand the bit about relationships and wanting the perfect match and the sensitivity to critisism, but I can still think rationally if I need to.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dont understand why you think that you would be an ENTP with inferiority complex, i mean you cant derive that from the test results you got, as inferiority complex is something completely different than using the inferior function or some stuff like that.

Even if you tested and ESFJ, that wouldnt mean that you are an ESFJ. The whole idea of MBTI (myers briggs type indicator) is that it indicated possible types, and does not determine your type(this is the most crucial and basic idea in MBTI).

Also you do realize that the test doesent even measure MBTI or Jungian type? Neither of those systems use 8 function theory, this sort of tests are fundamentally some bullshit you find from the internetz..

I usually get 70% E, 95% N, 55% F, and 95% P.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

This.
When it comes to MBTI I only trust data that comes from Jung, Myers, Briggs and not in all points Keirsey.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am a 4-fixer

I have done some research into myself, and I am a 4-fixer, not a 3 fixer.
What is the difference between 4w3 and 4w5?

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4w3 is narcissistic and polished, while 4w5 is obsessive and analytical.

There's more to it, but that's how I like to sum it up.