• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help my doubtful self find my type(Questionnaire)

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've done some of these before. Usually I got ENFP, INFP, ISFP, or ESFP. I always score high on N and P, so I decided I will type myself as xNFP, but anyway I still doubt it and can't finally seattle down on my type. I really need to hear some more opinions and also reasons why you think I might be that type... I am open to any suggestion from ISTP to ENFP as long as you can explain me why do you think the type is right. BTW: Please I humbly ask for your opinions on my enneagram.... Let's make this something like the big "ennea+MBTI" typing. I was surprised how straight and spontaneous I was in my answers so I see this as an ideal object for a "big typing".
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I am pretty ill and out of energy, but I feel like still I am myself. I am diagnosed with panic disorder and deal with some depressions. I take antidepressants and stay pretty stable lately. *oh...I forgot to read the whole question...my age is 20 and I am a famale.
2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

Tests usually give me middle scores on E/I and F/T... So xNxP
3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yordandim/9468856743/in/explore-2013-08-09/
I chose this photo, because I went back home from holidays just a few days ago. I remember waiting in a hole like this for incredibly long time, but after all I was home. Even though I was tired as shit I was happy to see my boyfriend and my home again. It was like returning back to the "good old times" and feeling secure and warm again. Oh wait...Should I talk about the picture? :shock: Well now I read I should talk about my impression, so okay... I was right after all...This is my impression...and if you want there's some woman and her son waiting at the airport...my story was way better huh? :p Okay the next one...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/micspics444/9473124019/in/explore-2013-08-09
This is simply beautiful... Even though I might sound a bit narcistic in the answer before I have a soul of a poet...Really believe me, I do. And I especially love long evenings with a beautiful sunset like this one. It somehow connects in my mind with love, long conversations and good company, fresh air, maybe a bottle of a good wine and feeling pleasantly dizzy.
4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
"Oh well wait...really? Why do you think it might work that way? Well...my opinion is...Did you hear about the new apple ipad? What do you think about it? Oh...what's that in my pocket? I forgot on the chocolate bar I put there a week ago...Nevermind it will be good.. Wait? I should repear this! Damn Damn...I have no time left! Oh nevermind we'll eat the chocolate bar first the thing won't break more. I don't know anything about repearing anyway." :D :D
5a. What are some of your most important values?

Why is this question on every questionnaire? You know...most of the people are confused about their values anyway. I value meaning, truth, compassion, staying true to who you are and what you believe in, fighting for your ideals, freedom, individuality...
5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

I am pretty stick to my beliefs. I don't think they can change, maybe only if I got terribly disappointed by them. I could pretend I changed my beliefs to fit in. I pretty much do it, sometimes it's better to be tolerated by others, than to break your head against the wall, but I stay close to them inside of me under any conditions.
6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
I would start to be pretty pissed off... How is it possible, that the person can't see he might hurt someone? Than I would probably try to explain him his action was wrong and, that he could really hurt someone. But I have to admit I like some special rude comments...mostly when they are sarcastic and nicely inteligent.. Sometimes fucking up with someone is funny. I am not saint... I do it...SOMETIMES and to SOME people... I am not running through the street and saying "Hi asshole" ... I say "Hi asshole" only to chosen ones. :D
7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
I love listening to music... I play some Alice in Chains as loud as I can and headbang all around. Then I love to write, mostly poems about my current feelings and crazy thoughts, that are running through my head. Then I love parties, getting a bit drunk and sing from the top of my lungs in the middle of the street and totally don't care about what others think. And some more cultural part of me... believe it, or not...I like philosophy and theories and I like to read about them. Lately I've read about the phylosophy of absurdism and it left my mind a bit in mindfuck, so I got myself a pause. I started to read "the space in nutshell" from Stephen King, but after reading every single sentence I got thousends of questions "why" and "how"... I always start to think too much while reading stuff like these. Also the part of my more cultural self is interested in art, culture in general, history, psychology, sociology, politology... About all these sciences I know just their basics, but I can talk about them like one hell of a professional. :D
7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
I hate stereotyping and boring work, that doesn't allow me to do things my own way and use my own mind to understand the process of it. That's it... so I'd be a terrible administrator for an example. I also don't like to work with numbers, or schedules... They are boring and unchangeable.
8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
I really believe I am somewhere in the middle...I can't decide. I love company of others more than solitude, but in a company of strangers I am very shy and quiet. I never start the conversation as first. Even though I love parties I usually talk only with the people I know. In the company of strangers I usually feel insecure. I hate fridays nights sepnt at home, I hate a single day, when I can't meet with oters as much I hate a company of a big, extremly loud group and lame superficial people talking about bullshits.
9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
Let's set my narcissistic part free once again :p . I am intelligent and beautiful and everything great one can just imagine.. and also lazy, moody, and sarcastic :D . Nope really... I am pretty inteligent, I mean for a young woman it's not that bad, and I can be nice and friendly if I am in a mood. And I know much about different things, I can be talkative if you're sympathic to me, I can be critical and sometimes even realistic which suprises my own self. I am artistic and can be aesthetic.. I pretty much care about fashion, art and music... I can sing and act... these are not characteristics, but the only things I've actually ever been good at, so... singing and acting...oh and writting...poems... mostly when I am in some current emotional crisis...which is pretty often... okay don't get all emotional and rather move on...
And that was actually a great bridge to the weaknesses... I am emotional, and lazy and moody, confused, indecisive, selfish, egoistical, overanalytical, anti-romantic, sarcastic and careless...this is not the end...depressive, easily touched, chaotic, act without thinking, like to make a fool out of myself (or I am a fool I don't know now...)
10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Wieeerd! Angry, nervous, yelling, do things without any deeper thinking, chaotic...
11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
I hate when I work really hard on something and it's really important to me and people around me don't seem to like it, or care about it... Usually I lost the whole interest to do the work and feel worthless and depressive.
12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
In the past time I have something like the existencional crisis... I think very much about meaning of life, existence, society and beliefs... I think much about meaning of karma and nirvana... that's why I really got into thought "It's better to burn out, than to fade away." The materialistic world around me started to feel extremly empty and I try to find something more...but I decided I should more concentrate on what is nice and good in my life and not necessary search for the deeper meaning of everything...The meaning maybe is, maybe the meaning is only the current moment and its beauty...I shouldn't overthink things that much.
13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
When I see, that someone is really intelligent and knows what he's doing I can accept an advice, but in general I dislike this kind of feedback. I like to do things my own way, I hate when people stick their noses into someone else's bussines. Freaking no lifers!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP, and an Ansir Philosopher.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENFP, and an Ansir Philosopher.

The reason why I doubt being an NF type is, that I am very skeptical. I don't paint rainbows in my head and I have critical overlook at this world. I look at things and try to see how they are in their nature and core. What is the source of them and meaning of their action, then I usually can get pretty realistic outlook at them and don't idealise what I see... I like to see the true and I like to seek for it and I also believe you can't see the true at the surface, but have to go much deeper. Is this how an ENFP would process the world? Skeptical idealist? Does this exist? Plus I wonder...I googled the whole interent and couldn't find what the Ansir Philosopher means. I got to meaning of Ansir and it's some other personality theory, which I've never heard of, but I couldn't find anything more about, or its types.

I

Infinite Bubble

ENFP, although Enneagram can't really be deciphered from this.

I still doubt it and can't finally seattle down on my type.

High Ne types often do. They see all the possibilities for how they could be this or that type.

I chose this photo, because I went back home from holidays just a few days ago. I remember waiting in a hole like this for incredibly long time, but after all I was home. Even though I was tired as shit I was happy to see my boyfriend and my home again. It was like returning back to the "good old times" and feeling secure and warm again. Oh wait...Should I talk about the picture? :shock: Well now I read I should talk about my impression, so okay... I was right after all...This is my impression...and if you want there's some woman and her son waiting at the airport...my story was way better huh? :p

Nice splattering of Ne-Si there.

And I especially love long evenings with a beautiful sunset like this one. It somehow connects in my mind with love, long conversations and good company, fresh air, maybe a bottle of a good wine and feeling pleasantly dizzy.

Si with a hint of Fi.

"Oh well wait...really? Why do you think it might work that way? Well...my opinion is...Did you hear about the new apple ipad? What do you think about it? Oh...what's that in my pocket? I forgot on the chocolate bar I put there a week ago...Nevermind it will be good.. Wait? I should repear this! Damn Damn...I have no time left! Oh nevermind we'll eat the chocolate bar first the thing won't break more. I don't know anything about repearing anyway." :D :D

Ne tangenting.

I am pretty stick to my beliefs. I don't think they can change, maybe only if I got terribly disappointed by them.

Probably means they are deeply ingrained and well thought about, e.i. high Fi.

I hate stereotyping and boring work, that doesn't allow me to do things my own way and use my own mind to understand the process of it. That's it... so I'd be a terrible administrator for an example. I also don't like to work with numbers, or schedules... They are boring and unchangeable.

Ne whilst rejecting Si and possibly even Te a bit.

I am intelligent and beautiful and everything great one can just imagine.. and also lazy, moody, and sarcastic :D . Nope really... I am pretty inteligent, I mean for a young woman it's not that bad, and I can be nice and friendly if I am in a mood. And I know much about different things, I can be talkative if you're sympathic to me

... I am emotional, and lazy and moody, confused, indecisive, selfish, egoistical, overanalytical, anti-romantic, sarcastic and careless...this is not the end...depressive, easily touched, chaotic, act without thinking, like to make a fool out of myself (or I am a fool I don't know now...)

You seem quite self-aware then, which is a characteristic of high Fi users usually.

I can be critical and sometimes even realistic which suprises my own self

Let's call this tertiary Te.

The reason why I doubt being an NF type is, that I am very skeptical. I don't paint rainbows in my head and I have critical overlook at this world. I look at things and try to see how they are in their nature and core. What is the source of them and meaning of their action, then I usually can get pretty realistic outlook at them and don't idealise what I see... I like to see the true and I like to seek for it and I also believe you can't see the true at the surface, but have to go much deeper. Is this how an ENFP would process the world? Skeptical idealist? Does this exist?

Just stereotypes, you've got to get out of the habit of going by them. MBTI is about how ones mind works, and what functions are used, not whether or not someone is skeptical and things like that. Sure, there'll be patterns between people with the same cognition, but not specific, minute things like skepticism. Anyone can be that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The reason why I doubt being an NF type is, that I am very skeptical. I don't paint rainbows in my head and I have critical overlook at this world. I look at things and try to see how they are in their nature and core. What is the source of them and meaning of their action, then I usually can get pretty realistic outlook at them and don't idealise what I see... I like to see the true and I like to seek for it and I also believe you can't see the true at the surface, but have to go much deeper. Is this how an ENFP would process the world? Skeptical idealist? Does this exist? Plus I wonder...I googled the whole interent and couldn't find what the Ansir Philosopher means. I got to meaning of Ansir and it's some other personality theory, which I've never heard of, but I couldn't find anything more about, or its types.

The answer to Ansir is available only in book form.
http://www.amazon.com/Sides-You-Unl...?ie=UTF8&qid=1376229015&sr=8-1&keywords=ansir

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I guess everyone is pretty convinced I am an ENFP... Here are some of the ENFP characteristics, that made me doubtful:
They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. - The part of being admired by others as an individual and humanitarian is very true, but I am not outgoing, or warm to people. Genreally I am more shy and reserved.
ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life. - Also in a relationship I like to keep some distance and not show up my feelings easily. I am not very kind, or caring, but I try to be understanding. I usually take the role of the child in relationship and except my partner to take care of me. I am the one who usually make up some childish games and try to keep it fun.
ENFPs are positive and like to enjoy the life - Yes I like to enjoy, but generally I am much more prone to negative feelings of sadness, or emptiness and often put myself in the role of the victim, which often holds me back from enjoying anything. In my nature I am more depressive, than happy, that ENFPs seem to be. I am not such an idealist...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess everyone is pretty convinced I am an ENFP... Here are some of the ENFP characteristics, that made me doubtful:
They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. - The part of being admired by others as an individual and humanitarian is very true, but I am not outgoing, or warm to people. Genreally I am more shy and reserved.
ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life. - Also in a relationship I like to keep some distance and not show up my feelings easily. I am not very kind, or caring, but I try to be understanding. I usually take the role of the child in relationship and except my partner to take care of me. I am the one who usually make up some childish games and try to keep it fun.
ENFPs are positive and like to enjoy the life - Yes I like to enjoy, but generally I am much more prone to negative feelings of sadness, or emptiness and often put myself in the role of the victim, which often holds me back from enjoying anything. In my nature I am more depressive, than happy, that ENFPs seem to be. I am not such an idealist...

Ok then, change your MBTI to INFP. That type correlates better with 4w5 also.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
So I am back at xNFP... I guess it won't change. BTW: I am not so convinced about 4w5. I changed it to 4w3, but was too lazy to update my profile :D . Still a lot of people keep telling me I am 7w6.

I

Infinite Bubble

[MENTION=17504]EndlessNameless[/MENTION] I don't think you are an INFP. You seem very much to be Perception-lead. I must stress again that what you wrote above (against being an ENFP) are just stereotypes again, and stereotypes are worthless in typing an individual. Don't bother with those descriptions on the internet. They don't mean anything. For example:

They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people.

I'm sure it's reasonable to say that the majority of people would want to be liked and admired by other people, that's human nature. We naturally want to fit in for survival. So does that make everyone an ENFP? Of course not. The same goes with being outgoing and warm. It's the Forer effect again; many people are outgoing and warm, and it could apply to people of all personality types.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I am back at xNFP... I guess it won't change. BTW: I am not so convinced about 4w5. I changed it to 4w3, but was too lazy to update my profile :D . Still a lot of people keep telling me I am 7w6.

That's probably because ENFP plus 7w6 or 6w7 are a common combination.

There is an introversion/extroversion test online if you want to google it.