• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Captain Curmudgeon's enneagram type

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
BUMP. Still debating my enneagram type. I still think I'm a 6, but it has been repeatedly pointed out that I seem to have some 9 tendencies, and might either actually be a 9 or have 9 in my tritype, either of which would be a change from what I currently type as. Any questions, comments, insight, etc would be appreciated!

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BUMP. Still debating my enneagram type. I still think I'm a 6, but it has been repeatedly pointed out that I seem to have some 9 tendencies, and might either actually be a 9 or have 9 in my tritype, either of which would be a change from what I currently type as. Any questions, comments, insight, etc would be appreciated!

Hi doug!

Well 6 integrates into 9. :) So when balanced, they can be like a "stabilizing glue" and protect those they care about...they can appear calm like a 9 but the underlying motivations are different.

Your tendency toward pessimism and realism points toward e6. E9s steer more towards optimism and idealism.

I used to think of you as 631 but 639 could also work.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi doug!

Well 6 integrates into 9. :) So when balanced, they can be like a "stabilizing glue" and protect those they care about...they can appear calm like a 9 but the underlying motivations are different.

Your tendency toward pessimism and realism points toward e6. E9s steer more towards optimism and idealism.

I used to think of you as 631 but 639 could also work.

Thanks for your feedback! I've also wondered if maybe 3 isn't in my tritype at all; perhaps I could be 961 or something like that...it's also been mentioned repeatedly that I have very well-developed Fi and might be ISFP as I had originally typed years ago, though I really doubt that. I guess I am questioning pretty much everything type-related again. I suppose it's good to reexamine these things repeatedly.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for your feedback! I've also wondered if maybe 3 isn't in my tritype at all; perhaps I could be 961 or something like that...it's also been mentioned repeatedly that I have very well-developed Fi and might be ISFP as I had originally typed years ago, though I really doubt that. I guess I am questioning pretty much everything type-related again. I suppose it's good to reexamine these things repeatedly.
You technically can't be 961. It's one type from each triad. Gut -1, 8,9. Heart -2, 3, 4. Head - 5, 6, 7. 964 is considered "the seeker", triple doubting... common for ISFPs. Hmmm.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You technically can't be 961. It's one type from each triad. Gut -1, 8,9. Heart -2, 3, 4. Head - 5, 6, 7. 964 is considered "the seeker", triple doubting... common for ISFPs. Hmmm.

Yeah, I realize I knew this. Goes to show either my brain was fried at the time, or just how long it's been since I've seriously evaluated my tritype. I'm still not as familiar with enneagram as I am with MBTI by any means though.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm sorry but you're the STJ of STJs I beg to differ on this Fi analysis and I wanna know where your super high Fi is lol. XD